What Satan Doesn't Want You to Know

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:11
11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

Why are there two? This question goes zip right over people's heads and people even fail to ask the question, let alone find the answer. It is because there are two types of sins; sins unto death and sins not unto death, being righteous or holy has to do specifically with these two types of sins in God's eyes mentioned in 1 John 5:16-17, and Numbers 15:22-29, 30-36.
Good question! Why these?

Unjust . . . filthy . . . righteous . . . holy

Unjust . . . trying to gain advantage over others. Filthy . . . fulfilling the desires of the flesh. Righteous . . . doing the right things. Holy . . . being separate to God.

Ephesians 2:2-3 KJV
2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Righteous or unjust, filthy or holy.

Ephesians 4:22-25 KJV
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25) Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Put off the old, put on the new, speak truth, because we are members. Speaking truth is righteousness. Living as members is holiness.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:4-5 shows us sins unto death. It is the first type of sin that Jesus takes away by taking away and cleansing our nature of that type of sin. Jesus does that by writing those commandments (the Ten) on our heart;
Ah, we're back to my question. Where is this in Scripture? It's not!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The next type of sin, sins not unto death, is a life-long process that we find in John 15:1-4. Notice even though we have immature fruit we are still "clean" because of the Word. That is because of 1 John 3:4-5 when Jesus made us sinless of sins unto death.
We've been over this several times. Your parsing of sins doesn't work. You equate wilfull sin and sins to death, but the Bible does not. Stealing is a simple example.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the condition for salvation is to love God with all of your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself, then no one would be saved.

That is why no one who still has their sin nature in tact will go to heaven because they are controlled by Satan and are slaves to sin. This is why Jesus said "you MUST be born again of the Spirit of God. God is sinless and with Him taking the sin out of our nature and destroying the works and influence of Satan then with Him inside of us we are naturally righteous.

The law is for sinners. So if you still sin as you said "Christians sin everyday" you are NOT a Christian. You are still under the law.

Romans 8:32, 34-36

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are born again of the Holy Spirit and God controls us from the inside, what you are saying is God makes us sin every day. Is God the author of sin?
Well lets see what paul says about sin . LET IT NOT ONCE BE NAMED among you as becometh saints .
I didnt say paul saying HEY WE ALL SIN EVERY HOUR OF THE DAY . RATHER HE SAID THIS
Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound . GOD FORBID .
DONT YOU ALL KNOW that to whom YOU YEILED your members servants to OBEY , WELL THAT IS WHOSE SERVANT YOU ARE .
whether of SIN unto death
or of OBEDIANCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS . many folks obey sin and not the SPIRIT , not righteousness
PROVING exactly who they belong too . SCARY TIMES INDEED and much deception has abounded .
How come CHRIST and the apostels were very fast to correct sin and error
YET today its often down played and we are told things like OH we sin hundreds of times daily .
CAN you imagine what Paul would have said to one who said such a thing .
HE WOULD have said this , THEN YOU SERVE THE FLESH , NOT GOD . YE FOLLOW your own path and evils ,
NOT THE SPIRIT . Them apostels were very to the point type of men .
AS WAS JESUS i might add .
JESUS Told the woman , I Do not condemn you , NOW GO AND SIN NO MORE
HE didnt say OH DADDY GOD UNDERSTANDS YE SIN ALL DAY . HE said GO and SIN NO more
Even told that to a lame man . Said lest something EVEN WORSE comes upon you .
YET , today i dont seem to see any kind of gravity against errors . RATHER i see most overlooking errors
WHICH LED TO THEM , IN TIME , ACCEPTING THE ERRORS and calling everything LOVE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've been over this several times. Your parsing of sins doesn't work. You equate wilfull sin and sins to death, but the Bible does not. Stealing is a simple example.

Much love!
I agree with stealing. Motive is seen by God. What are your intentions. Are they to be a Robin Hood, or worse.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteous means Sinless of sins unto death
So, "some sin" is OK? You can be a "righteous sinner" if your sins are not on the Bad Sin List?

This kind of righteousness is what Paul eschewed,

Philippians 3:9 KJV
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

The righteousness of God by faith is not based on whether you approve or disapprove of your behavior. Or if God approves or disapproves of your behavior. It's based in Christ, that's why it's by faith.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with stealing. Motive is seen by God.
What does that mean, you agree with stealing? That it's OK to steal? Our motives are always seen by God. We don't always see our motives, though.

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 KJV
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Which exactly are the "sins unto death"? Which are not? Which sins are OK if you commit them, and which are not?

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, "some sin" is OK? You can be a "righteous sinner" if your sins are not on the Bad Sin List?

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

The righteousness of God by faith is not based on whether you approve or disapprove of your behavior. Or if God approves or disapproves of your behavior. It's based in Christ, that's why it's by faith.

Much love!
a friendly reminder , though i am sure you agree with this . Let all who name the name of Christ
never hold up any sin and honor it . INCLUDING the dark rainbow flag .
Cause though many holler GOD is love , I SURE AINTSEEING the LOVE OF GOD in all of this
but rather the love of sin and the embracing of what GOD calleth evil and trying to call it love .
So now i have a question . IF we have the SPIRIT , if one has the SPIRIT , where is their convinction of evil .
WHY JUSTIFY IT . cause i dont see the SPIRIT of GOD leading us INTO THAT . exactly . JUSTIFYING SIN
is proof one knoweth NOT GOD . cause again WHERE IS THE CONVINCTION .
HECK i get convicted , by the SPIRIT even when a lustful thought or any evil thought pops into my mind .
SO WHERE IS THEIRS . exactly mark . HONOR not the dark rainbow nor the many path to GOD lie .
CAUSE I DONT SEE TRUTH IN ANY OF THAT . so why LOVE IT .

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Proverbs 6:30 People do not despise a thief If he steals to satisfy himself when he is starving.

Reactions: amigo de christo

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean, you agree with stealing? That it's OK to steal? Our motives are always seen by God. We don't always see our motives, though.

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 KJV
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Which exactly are the "sins unto death"? Which are not? Which sins are OK if you commit them, and which are not?

Much love!
People do not despise a thief If he steals to satisfy himself when he is starving.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 6:30 People do not despise a thief If he steals to satisfy himself when he is starving.
That's people. The thief remains condemned for that sin if they are not reconciled to God through Christ.

And this, "I'm starving, so I have to steal", maybe yes, maybe no. That's the motives of the heart that we don't always see. Is it really our last chance at survival? Or are we just tired of trying so hard and want it to be easy just this once?

All that is not of faith is sin. All of it. No catagories, no parsing, just, Of faith, or it's sin.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's people. The thief remains condemned for that sin if they are not reconciled to God through Christ.

And this, "I'm starving, so I have to steal", maybe yes, maybe no. That's the motives of the heart that we don't always see. Is it really our last chance at survival? Or are we just tired of trying so hard and want it to be easy just this once?

All that is not of faith is sin. All of it. No catagories, no parsing, just, Of faith, or it's sin.

Much love!
Faith is tied into BELIEF . True belief is FAITH .
example . GOD SAID , ABRAHAM BELIEVED , abraham obeyed .
So why are so many now having faith , belief in what men are saying when it contradicts WHAT JESUS said .
I MEAN where is our faith , where is our beleif .
Example . JESUS said to preach the gospel , those who BELIEVED would be saved
those who dont WILL be damned . That all unbelievers will have their part in the LAKE OF FIRE .
SO , are we gonna believe todays love god and that go spell which says
ALL YA NEED IS LOVE , sounds like a beetles song gone wrong . cause any love
that omits the dire need to BELIEVE ON CHRIST and says OH they wont perish if they believe not ,
WELL IT AINT COMING FROM GOD . SO mark . HOW come so many THEN embrace this lovey do idea
that All religoins do KNOW GOD , are saved as long as they have this so called love for one another .
AS FOR ME . YEAH I BELIEVE GOD , I BELIEVE JESUS . MY FAITH THUS IS IN HIM and not in men or myself .
TIME WE OPEN THEM BIBLES AGAIN . And to also make BIBLICAL CORRECTION GREAT AGAIN in them churches .
SORRY if i sounded like trump , i didnt vote for him . BUT MAN we gotta expose that false love gospel for what it is , A LIE .
and rather we got to start preaching JESUS AGAIN .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the condition for salvation is to love God with all of your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself, then no one would be saved.
I fully agree! If salvation is at all predicated on our works then all are lost. And it remains that anyone I've ever run into who asserts sinlessness has demonstrated to me that they are not. And many excuse certain sins, while holding other sins as condemning the child of God who has been reconciled to Him.

Much love!