What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show this , quote this. You are very very mixed up.

You are getting desperate. Why don't you just admit you are up a creek without a paddle and leave the commentary to people who know what they are talking about because it is as plain as day you don't?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are your faculties affected by spirits or drugs or illness ?

You never showed what you said,
I never said what you posted.

And now your sidetrack, knowing you are wrong.

You wish then it gets you off the hook for the rubbish you write and having to do anything about it. I guess insult and denial is the next step in the I know everything pathway and don't appreciate being told I don't know everything.

But then that is not unusual as I have seen it all before. That is the homosexual's constant song. We are always right even when we are wrong and you are always wrong even when you are right.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wish then it gets you off the hook for the rubbish you write and having to do anything about it. I guess insult and denial is the next step in the I know everything pathway and don't appreciate being told I don't know everything.

But then that is not unusual as I have seen it all before.
Another post, without any substance, without EVER SHOWING what YOU SAID.

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your first false post:
Most hormones are derived from proteins. Others are steroids, which are fatty substances derived from cholesterol.

So that means it all depends on how much protein we absorb which determines if we are homosexual or not.
And the exposure , the TRUTH, exposing your first (first one noticed) false post >>>
====================================
QUOTE="Joseph77, post: 726521, member: 8613"]oops, no.
The choices a person makes in their will , that is where the true battle is,.....

the feelings - never trust feelings. the emotions - never trust emotions.

It doesn't matter where hormones come from, what they do, for anything about them - everyone might be affected by hormones, just like everyone might be tempted to steal a diamond they find, (not everyone is tempted to sin thus,btw)
but what they DO , what they CHOOSE TO DO, in their heart, like looking at a woman and desiring her, as JESUS USED as an example of adultery,
what they choose to do in their will, who they are serving,

that is the sin if it is thievery, idolatry, greed, or homosexuality.

Homosexuality, like other sexual perversion that involves someone else particularly, is worse and more depraved, more defiled, more of an abomination, as written throughout Scripture.[/QUOTE
==============================

Do you, marksm*n have a gay agenda ?

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does that have to do with anything I posted ?

Nothing has anything to do with what you posted as what you posted is all hot air. So what is your expertise in dealing with homosexuals? Any or none? practical experience or pie in the sky theories? Unproven ideas or solid clinical expertise?

I can't wait to see what your reply to this is as you try and go round the mulberry tree to avoid the obvious.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing has anything to do with what you posted as what you posted is all hot air. So what is your expertise in dealing with homosexuals? Any or none? practical experience or pie in the sky theories? Unproven ideas or solid clinical expertise?

I can't wait to see what your reply to this is as you try and go round the mulberry tree to avoid the obvious.
So you admit you lied.

That's enough.

You claimed the hormones or proteins someone ate could do what ? MAKE THEM SIN ?!

That is directly contrary to all Scripture.

So , how would you justify that before God, if you ever get to Heaven ? Well, God, see, I ate too many proteins, and that made me gay ! ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That might pass in a new age group, but not in any group based on the Bible.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your first false post:
And the exposure , the TRUTH, exposing your first (first one noticed) false post >>>
====================================
QUOTE="Joseph77, post: 726521, member: 8613"]oops, no.
The choices a person makes in their will , that is where the true battle is,.....

the feelings - never trust feelings. the emotions - never trust emotions.

It doesn't matter where hormones come from, what they do, for anything about them - everyone might be affected by hormones, just like everyone might be tempted to steal a diamond they find, (not everyone is tempted to sin thus,btw)
but what they DO , what they CHOOSE TO DO, in their heart, like looking at a woman and desiring her, as JESUS USED as an example of adultery,
what they choose to do in their will, who they are serving,

that is the sin if it is thievery, idolatry, greed, or homosexuality.

Homosexuality, like other sexual perversion that involves someone else particularly, is worse and more depraved, more defiled, more of an abomination, as written throughout Scripture.[/QUOTE
==============================

Do you, marksm*n have a gay agenda ?

Yes, all the time. I love meeting Christians who are happy and as I have had my fair share of trials, I always encourage believers to give thanks in whatever situation they find themselves in.

1Peter 4:14 If you are reviled in the name of Christ, you are blessed, because "the Spirit of God and of glory rests on you." Truly, according to them, He is blasphemed; but according to you, He is glorified. Isa. 11:2

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you admit you lied.

That's enough.

You claimed the hormones or proteins someone ate could do what ? MAKE THEM SIN ?!

So , how would you justify that before God, if you ever get to Heaven ? Well, God, see, I ate too many proteins, and that made me gay ! ?

I can't help noticing that you are unable to answer any of my questions. I wonder why? Perhaps it is due to the fact your knowledge of the subject is zip. Ever thought of that. If not why not? Because it is very obvious to me and in all probability everyone else on this board.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you admit you lied.

That's enough.

Here we go again. Denial, denial, denial. You are becoming an embarrassment.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But you said it was hormones meaning proteins. make your mind up. What I believe is that you don't know what you are talking about. It is all Polly waffle.
You were asked a few times to quote me, and did not.
I never said what you said here.

You continued badly saying more things I never said >>
If that is the case, why did you say it was all down to hormones?

And yet more again, you continued badly saying this, which I never said (as seen in all my quotes now) >>
You said it was hormones and then you said it wasn't hormones. If that is not a contradiction I don't know what is.

The contradiction is found in all of your own posts. Your statements time and again, contrary to the Bible first, claiming the proteins or hormones MADE someone sin, then saying repeatedly that I posted something I did not ever post.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Will agree with @Giuliano's post here "Just say no" that should be Christian's response to homosexuality.

"It's Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve" there is a reason why God made both man and woman.

Here's another old saying.

"love the sinner, hate the sin."

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You were asked a few times to quote me, and did not.
I never said what you said here.

You continued badly saying more things I never said >>

And yet more again, you continued badly saying this, which I never said (as seen in all my quotes now) >>

The contradiction is found in all of your own posts. Your statements time and again, contrary to the Bible first, claiming the proteins or hormones MADE someone sin, then saying repeatedly that I posted something I did not ever post.

I don't know what you hope to gain by shouting at me. I guess it is just another sign of your desperation and you not liking to be challenged on what you say. I guess that is a sign of your weak and ineffective argument that holds no water but you have to justify it by hoping that no one will be bothered by your shouting and it will cover up your belligerence and ineffectiveness of your arguments.

I would like to suggest you take a step back and do some sold research and come up with arguments that are not trivial and without foundation. Your anger is definitely showing and whilst that is the motivating factor, your comments will get more bizarre by the minute.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. This is what I've been trying to tell everyone when we get into a religious discussion about gays and homosexuality. There's no real issue seeing where the Bible stands on the matter; it's wrong. Anyone who debates this is not a scholar of the Bible. I don't think it could be anymore obvious.That being said, Christians are commanded to love. We must recognize that we are not perfect either and leave the judging up to God. That doesn't mean that we have to whole-heartedly support what they do because I will never do that based on what the Bible again clearly teaches. You cannot hate them and it's wrong to do so. Jesus didn't hate the sinners all around him, he did what he could to lead them down the path to God and loved them. Look at what he was able to do. We're not Jesus, of course, but we can work after his wonderful example.This doesn't mean that you're going to be liked by all sides. I'm constantly demonized as a bigot by many homosexuals and their supporters on the internet when I state my position. It seems you must support them 100% and endorse the lifestyle in order to win most of them over. On the other hand, you have the other side that preaches you must hate them and shun them. Again, I go back to the teachings of Jesus. We don't have to agree with them and shouldn't for that matter. However, that doesn't mean we still can't be Christians and witness to them. Who knows what could happen from that point?

Those of us who have studied the scriptures know that The True God Jehovah sent his Only Begotten Son to die for all mankind. So since Jehovah God and his Only Begotten Son has shown such love to everyone, so We should love everyone too, but most especially our spiritual brothers and sisters. We hate sin, but not the sinner.
The problem I'm disliking so vehemently is that people who are baptized members of a church are found to be practicing sexual immorality when at first when before they got baptized and for sometime after, they were not. Instead of the church following the guidance the scriptures give on such matters a lot of times the church does nothing. This person is a spiritual brother or sister and when we find they're practicing homosexuality we must with love show them from the scriptures how they're not only showing a genuine lack of love for God but for their spiritual brother and sisters as well. If after showing such people several times how they as Christians not only are causing God word to be evil spoken of but they're also slandering God name when those out in the world see how they live in regards to sexual immorality. Instead of refraining to practice this sin and ask forgiveness and repent these individuals continue to practice this sin and they show no repentance. Then when it comes to such individuals we must do what the scriptures say and not associate with such individuals when they come to the meetings. We shouldn't even eat a meal with such individuals or say a greeting to them when it comes to our personal lives. 1 Corinthians 5:1-13; Titus 3:10,11; 1Timothy 1:19,20

Will Joseph

Jul 11, 2020
New York City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin or not it is their choice and no one should discriminate against another individual regardless of race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation, especially in a free society.

I would not treat a homosexual any differently than I would treat a heterosexual.

My mom had around three husbands, where divorce is comparable to adultery in the bible. One of the commandments warns against adultery. Yet I don't treat my mom badly based on that adultery. I see homosexuality in the same way.

Reactions: Rita and Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not treat a homosexual any differently than I would treat a heterosexual.
I had a neighbor who was gay and shortly after he moved in we struck up a conversation and he let me know he was a gay Christian...I didn't rebuke him at that time I simply listened and as time went on began to ask questions about his homosexuality.
He asked me later if I still thought homosexuality was a sin...and I said, yes, along with every other form of lust of the flesh.
Anyway, long story short one day he said he was praying and began to question his homosexuality....and a few months later he announced his repentance and deliverance of that lifestyle.
He has moved away and I no longer am in contact with him but I know he is still growing in truth.
I forgot to mention we had many many Bible studies together ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita and Truman

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My mom had around three husbands, where divorce is comparable to adultery in the bible. One of the commandments warns against adultery. Yet I don't treat my mom badly based on that adultery. I see homosexuality in the same way.

I've had many bosses that were gay seeing as I was in the entertainment industry in California. And here in Tennessee also. I never brought it up and didn't treat them like anyone with horns and a tail. But I never hid that I was a devout Christian, but they appreciated that I never made them feel weird. Besides, before I was born again I dated many famous people in the industry, and was no less a sinner than homosexuals. Sexual sin is sexual sin.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her). Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again. As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same you would any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin. Therefore, you should show him same dignity as anyone else you come in contact with. However, this does not mean that you are to approve of their sin. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness.

The same message that Jesus gave sir. Keep in mind, some will choose to serve Jehovah and stop sinning 1 Cor 6:11