What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oops, no.
The choices a person makes in their will , that is where the true battle is,.....

the feelings - never trust feelings. the emotions - never trust emotions.

It doesn't matter where hormones come from, what they do, for anything about them - everyone might be affected by hormones, just like everyone might be tempted to steal a diamond they find, (not everyone is tempted to sin thus,btw)
but what they DO , what they CHOOSE TO DO, in their heart, like looking at a woman and desiring her, as JESUS USED as an example of adultery,
what they choose to do in their will, who they are serving,

that is the sin if it is thievery, idolatry, greed, or homosexuality.

Homosexuality, like other sexual perversion that involves someone else particularly, is worse and more depraved, more defiled, more of an abomination, as written throughout Scripture.

Most hormones are derived from proteins. Others are steroids, which are fatty substances derived from cholesterol.
So that means it all depends on how much protein we absorb which determines if we are homosexual or not.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gays and trans are humans, sinners like you and I. Is adultery a lesser sin than being gay/trans? No! Furthermore, do not be concerned about gay marriage - gay people can never marry in the eyes of God. Marriage does not occur in from of a judge, priest, or pastor. Marriage occurs during sexual intercourse - there is no other way to marry in God's eyes. The woman at the well was not married, but she had 5 husbands. Her current husband was not her husband (presumably, someone else's husband). Jesus taught her that each of her sexual partners were her spouses. Additionally, marriage is allowed because of our fallen nature; "In heaven there is no marriage."

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't make sense at all, and not as the Bible as written.

God created man and woman to be one, not because they were fallen because they had not even fallen yet - they had not even thought about falling yet.

God's Perfect Plan did not "allow marriage because of our fallen nature", not at all.

Marriage is a GIFT , as JESUS SAYS. Just as also singleness is. To those who can accept this.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No!

A REPENTANT SINNER,

is nothing like AN UNREPENTANT SINNER.

They are all together an entirely different kind.

Those who approve of adulterers, thievery, or homosexuality , are just as guilty as those who do the sin.

Gays and trans are humans, sinners like you and I. Is adultery a lesser sin than being gay/trans? No!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"MattMooradian

New Member, Male, 60, from MUNSTER, Indiana

I have six wives in the eyes of God, only one of whom I married according to human laws. I currently am not married according to human law. Thursday at 10:49 AM

MattMooradian was last seen:
Today at 1:55 PM"

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
oops, no.
The choices a person makes in their will , that is where the true battle is,.....

It doesn't matter where hormones come from, what they do, for anything about them - everyone might be affected by hormones, just like everyone might be tempted to steal a diamond they find, (not everyone is tempted to sin thus,btw)
but what they DO , what they CHOOSE TO DO, in their heart, like looking at a woman and desiring her, as JESUS USED as an example of adultery,

that is the sin if it is thievery, idolatry, greed, or homosexuality.

Homosexuality, like other sexual perversion that involves someone else particularly, is worse and more depraved, more defiled, more of an abomination, as written throughout Scripture.

But you said it was hormones meaning proteins. make your mind up. What I believe is that you don't know what you are talking about. It is all Polly waffle.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You really just want some one to point fingers at dont you. keep pointing.

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

are you God??

What a silly and contemptuous comment that is not worth the paper it is written on. I am surprised by how many people don't read what is written. They put their blinkers on and filter what has been written through their own prejudices and therefore miss what has been said.

So here are the facts. Your assessment is pie in the sky and has no substance to it. It is just something that makes you look intelligent but in fact, shows you up to be a charlatan without any evidence whatsoever.

Tell me, how many books have you read on the subject of homosexuality?
Tell me, how many years have you spent helping homosexuals to escape the clutches of their bondage?
Tell me, how many lectures have you given on the subject of homosexuality?
Tell me, how many papers have you presented on the subject of homosexuality to the government?
Tell me, how many homosexuals no longer are because of your ministry to them?
Tell me how many homosexual venues have you visited to get the inside information on them?

I will talk to you again when I have the answer to these pertinent questions.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a silly and contemptuous comment that is not worth the paper it is written on. I am surprised by how many people don't read what is written. They put their blinkers on and filter what has been written through their own prejudices and therefore miss what has been said.

So here are the facts. Your assessment is pie in the sky and has no substance to it. It is just something that makes you look intelligent but in fact, shows you up to be a charlatan without any evidence whatsoever.

Tell me, how many books have you read on the subject of homosexuality?
Tell me, how many years have you spent helping homosexuals to escape the clutches of their bondage?
Tell me, how many lectures have you given on the subject of homosexuality?
Tell me, how many papers have you presented on the subject of homosexuality to the government?
Tell me, how many homosexuals no longer are because of your ministry to them?
Tell me how many homosexual venues have you visited to get the inside information on them?

I will talk to you again when I have the answer to these pertinent questions.
Never have, but are you God do you know the hearts and minds of men, why dont you go tell God they must al g o to hell because according to you, and "your" judgement they are sinners. Please do, you know this bit,

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

oh yes the bible says, and yet we see those who cal themselves the bride of Christ having a relationship with the Harlot church, it is and abomination you know..teh bible says.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Waffles? You don't like waffles ? ! With syrup, honey, real butter, and made from stone ground ?

There's no contradiction in what I posted. If you mis-read or don't understand, just ask instead of bearing false witness.

But you said it was hormones meaning proteins. make your mind up. What I believe is that you don't know what you are talking about. It is all Polly waffle.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Waffles? You don't like waffles ? ! With syrup, honey, real butter, and made from stone ground ?

There's no contradiction in what I posted. If you mis-read or don't understand, just ask instead of bearing false witness.

I didn't misread anything. I looked up the internet and it said on several sites that hormones means proteins. Logic dictates that the more proteins you eat the more likely you are to become a homosexual according to you.

Anyway, nice try at getting out of a trap you fell right into.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Your ignorance is showing again. A polly waffle is not a waffle.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't misread anything. I looked up the internet and it said on several sites that hormones means proteins. Logic dictates that the more proteins you eat the more likely you are to become a homosexual.

Anyway, nice try at getting out of a trap you laid for yourself.
What does that have to do with anything I posted ?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never have, but are you God do you know the hearts and minds of men, why dont you go tell God they must al g o to hell because according to you, and "your" judgement they are sinners. Please do, you know this bit,

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

oh yes the bible says, and yet we see those who cal themselves the bride of Christ having a relationship with the Harlot church, it is and abomination you know..teh bible says.

Thank you for confirming that you know next to nothing about the subject being discussed. You obviously like the sound of your own voice but little else. I have learnt that there is always someone who is an expert on a given subject who has not done anything to inform himself about the realities of the situation but they still know more than anyone else.

I give you the award for being that person.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Joseph77, post: 726521, member: 8613"]The choices a person makes in their will , that is where the true battle is,.....

that is the sin if it is thievery, idolatry, greed, or homosexuality.[/QUOTE
This remains truth, as shown through all Scripture, OT and NT.

IT DOES NOT MATTER where hormones come from (even if they are proteins).
That never excuses sin, at all.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
QUOTE="Joseph77, post: 726521, member: 8613"]The choices a person makes in their will , that is where the true battle is,.....

that is the sin if it is thievery, idolatry, greed, or homosexuality.[/QUOTE
This remains truth, as shown through all Scripture, OT and NT.

IT DOES NOT MATTER where hormones come from (even if they are proteins).
That never excuses sin, at all.

If that is the case, why did you say it was all down to hormones? It seems as though you don't know whether you are Arthur or Martha.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said I contradicted myself. I did not. Your .... faculties seem to be impaired badly by substances or spirits.

You said it was hormones and then you said it wasn't hormones. If that is not a contradiction I don't know what is.

The fact is you are talking through your hat and have no qualifications whatsoever to pronounce yourself an expert on the subject. You are just waffling and as a result, you are all at sea trying to justify you didn't say what you did say and trying to justify a hypothesis that is complete rubbish.