What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a man steals a loaf of bread to feed his starving family, does that make him a sinner,
if a man has to kill another to protect his family does that make him a sinner,
if a man is born with 3 arms doers that make him a sinner,

yet you will all condemn people who are born with overdose of hormones simply because you have no understanding so quick to condemn the world and yourselves.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="charleychacko, post: 2056, member: 58"]Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her). Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again. As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same you would any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin. Therefore, you should show him same dignity as anyone else you come in contact with. However, this does not mean that you are to approve of their sin. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness.
[/QUOTE
============================True, never compromise =====================

He is not necessarily "in the image of God", as some are in their father, the devil, as Jesus says.
There might be no dignity in wilful sin, or sinners. (according to Scripture)

And not always pray - pray for the sin that is not unto death,
Jesus said He did not say to pray for the sin that is unto death. (God Knows, and God Directs Perfectly).

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Candidus @Joseph77
You mean this one
That depends on wheter it was choice or the result of "corruption" from the fall of man,

I answered but you like so many christians dont like it do you , all quick to judge all long to condemns, this bit,

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Ye tall you judge, and your judgement is not true, and by your judgement you judge yourself.

People use the bible to murder, they use it to enslave m,en. they use it to lie, man loves taking the things of God and using them for selfish purpose, For every one you judge you will be judged.
Thank you....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
="charleychacko, post: 2056, member: 58"]Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her). Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again. As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same you would any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin. Therefore, you should show him same dignity as anyone else you come in contact with. However, this does not mean that you are to approve of their sin. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness.
[/QUOTE
And should God approve of men who condemn others.??

He is not necessarily "in the image of God", as some are in their father, the devil, as Jesus says.

Jesus said He did not say to pray for the sin that is unto death. (God Knows, and God Directs Perfectly).

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Does the Bible Say About Condoning A Persons Sin?
What Does the Bible Say About Condoning A Persons Sin?
Bible verses about Condoning A Persons Sin. Romans 1:28-32 ESV / 40 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Editorial: Approving Sin by Allowing Sin (A Sermon Study ...
www.watchmanmag.com/0111/011102.htm
b. Notice, though, in verse 32, that Paul includes those who approve of those who practice sin -- Not that they were guilty of the same sin, just that their condemnation was just as sure and their guilt was just as pronounced,
They were deserving of death
. 3. Let us look at some of these sins listed here to learn the root of many sins. a.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We see the Satanist within the Church are clearly doing, just like all the Priest who molest children, how do they palm it off ? well if you are to claim all Sin equal, well there you go, all are condemned. it's like saying lets all just abide in the septic tank ? did Jesus come to keep all in the septic tank ? or to help us to get out of it.
You talk to any dedicated atheist and you see the same modelling as to the regards of Sin as we see all the churches are adopting nowadays, it comes under the heading of Political Correctness and the Churches are bound to this rot because they want government funding. such is not a Church in Christ Jesus but under the Government.

You will see in the dictators pushing their Political Correctness god that they peddle 100% that all people are equal ! well I am not equal to them at all I do not bow down to such people as I have character and dignity and I have learnt to say no ! to filth and tempters of all types, for my own good, I do not tolerate them, for they are like a cancer.
You see with people who are not astute, would you give them the keys to your car or house our Bank acc pin number, oh come now we is all the same the Satanist claim, trust us ? so why would one abide with such a slob ? as they are fools. fact is that they are not worthy of God at all.

I have never see a atheist have any class, they are all degenerates swine's bathing in their filth, oh yes they get offended and very angry if you call them out, no wonder they killed Jesus Christ. remember how cunningly they worked to try and undermine him, fact is that their is a great gulf between a true Christian and one who serves and abides in Satan. one maybe hard to pick at face value but you will know them by their works, Jesus said.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Candidus @Joseph77
You mean this one
That depends on wheter it was choice or the result of "corruption" from the fall of man,

I answered but you like so many christians dont like it do you , all quick to judge all long to condemns, this bit,

Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Ye tall you judge, and your judgement is not true, and by your judgement you judge yourself.

People use the bible to murder, they use it to enslave m,en. they use it to lie, man loves taking the things of God and using them for selfish purpose, For every one you judge you will be judged.

If we are not capable; we are not responsible.

If we are capable; we are responsible.

No one is born a homosexual anymore than they are born a murderer or a drunkard. God is not the Author of sin.

When someone's judgement is in agreement with God's judgement, it is not "judging after the flesh."

While it is true that people have used the Bible to justify murder, slavery, and as an excuse to lie... they also use it as a means to self-justify their sins of adultery (love), Drunkenness (a disease), murder (it's not a baby, it's a choice), and Homosexuality (nature)… but God is clear that such will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Cor. 6:9-10).

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a man steals a loaf of bread to feed his starving family, does that make him a sinner,
if a man has to kill another to protect his family does that make him a sinner,
if a man is born with 3 arms doers that make him a sinner,

yet you will all condemn people who are born with overdose of hormones simply because you have no understanding so quick to condemn the world and yourselves.

What has an overdose of hormones got to do with homosexuality?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What an excellent post! :cool: It really pains me to listen to some "Christians" when it comes to this particular issue. It’s like they loose their minds! Consider how Jesus addressed the adulteress about to be stoned! Even though he said to her "sin no more," he didn't stand over her condemning her like the rest of the crowd. In fact, he chastised the crowd! Whoa! He protected her from those who were judging her, condemning her and about to execute her. What a lesson for all of us to learn. :amen: Lyte

Two things. They don't loose their minds. They lose their minds.

And the woman who was adulterous is not a fair comparison to the act of homosexuality as homosexuality is a direct attack on the image of God.

And they are not gay, they are homosexual.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sin or not it is their choice and no one should discriminate against another individual regardless of race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation, especially in a free society.

Is that what the bible says or what man says? Especially if you are homosexual you are not free by any stretch of the imagination.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is allowing other citizens to live their lives freely discriminating? Christianity says that homosexuality is a sin but not all religions do. The majority in the 1700's were for slavery, the majority in the 1800's were against women's rights, the majority in the early and mid 1900's was against equal rights for blacks; that doesn't make any of these acceptible and neither should bigotry of homosexuals, whether religious or otherwise. Remember, as citizens they have the same rights as you. There was an old analogy; you can swing your arm as much as you want, unless someone is in the way. Also, no one can recruit someone into homosexuality, that is ridiculous. You either are homosexual or you are not. If you think that you could be recruited into being a homosexual, I would do some serious soul searching. I myself could never engage in sexual behaviour with another male. I have spoken to homosexuals who have said the same thing about women. Attraction is not something you can turn on and off at will. As a citizen, you have to respect others; regardless of their race, creed or sexual orientation. Remember what happens when freedom is taken away. The jews were not the only ones in concentration camps in nazi germany, they were joined by homosexuals.

You are quite wrong in some of your comments so I will put you right on them.

Homosexuals have the same right...as people. Not as homosexuals. Because they have been pushing for rights as homosexuals there are people who are pushing to have a legal right to have sex with minors.

Many homosexuals were recruited into homosexuality by an older homosexual. They said that initially they did not like the sex but they liked the fact that someone liked them. When they put two and two together that sex and acceptance were both sides of the same coin, they came to accept the sex part of it.

No one is homosexual or not. As we have all been created in the image of God, he is not homosexual so as I say no one was created a
homosexual. If you are born homosexual there would be no ex-homosexuals in society.

Our respect for others is based on their person, not their sexual activity.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has an overdose of hormones got to do with homosexuality?
It strongly influences body functions and emotions,

just like a kleptomaniac (compulsive thief)
or pyromaniac (compulsive fire starter)

may be experiencing.

Perhaps just like the men of Israel experienced, AFTER Balaam succeeded in telling the enemy to use women to tempt the men...

It was still sin for the men AFTER being tempted, to sin, and God did curse them, as Balaam knew He Will, for their sin.

(then God also punished Balaam for his sin)

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It strongly influences body functions and emotions,

just like a kleptomaniac (compulsive thief)
or pyromaniac (compulsive fire starter)

may be experiencing.

Perhaps just like the men of Israel experienced, AFTER Balaam succeeded in telling the enemy to use women to tempt the men...

It was still sin for the men AFTER being tempted, to sin, and God did curse them, as Balaam knew He Will, for their sin.

(then God also punished Balaam for his sin)

Most hormones are derived from proteins. Others are steroids, which are fatty substances derived from cholesterol.

So that means it all depends on how much protein we absorb which determines if we are homosexual or not.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[/QUOTE

My neighbor is a homosexual and we visit often and talk extensively about God, The Bible and Christianity....I asked him to help me understand why he was gay...so for a month I listened...and he explained it that he was born that way....then after he had shared everything he asked me if I still believed it was a sin....I said "honestly, yes"...but so is fornication and adultery which heterosexuals do on a daily basis. I said I personally do not hate the sinner...I hate the sin.
After about 3 months of talking and sharing scripture and out beliefs he said to me one night..."I am beginning to question my heart about being gay"
Point is every scripture spoken was the Word of God...a powerful living Word....and when you let His Word speak and keep your own biased commentary out of it then trust His Word to accomplish what it was sent to do....
Some plant, some water, but God gives the increase.
So with kindness, compassion and love I shared His Truth and now His Truth is setting this man free.

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did and still cannot see what it has to do with homosexuality. Having been involved in the issue for 30 years I have yet to meet one single homosexual that has Androgen insensitivity syndrome.
You really just want some one to point fingers at dont you. keep pointing.

are you God??