What Song Makes You Instantly Happy When You Hear It?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pachelbel: Kanon ...the Rock and the classic versions

Here's the rock version

Here' a classical version

Reactions: Lambano

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mentioned that DJ job before. That must have been at times quite interesting.

I have not listened to radio stations much in a long time, but there was a day long ago when I did. Of course, I can also remember growing up in a house without a TV set. Most of the neighbors did not have one either...
I did a DJ tour at a Roller Rink in the late '70s. It was a blast! I was also a floor guard (I got to make rousters sit down :D) and I swept up afterward. And for pay, I got all the popcorn and soda pop I could stand! The good life!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a dark place in the early '70s (long story) and Gilbert O'Sullivan was my only friend. This strange mixture of tragic lyrics and melodious music always made me feel understood and oddly cheery when the real people around me didn't care to:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both John Lennon and Frank Sinatra agreed that this was the greatest pop tune ever recorded:
(Oi Oi Oi! LRB)

Reactions: Cassandra

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pièce de Résistance

Jesus grabbed virtuoso guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan from the clutches of the adversary before he died at the tender age of 35 in a helicopter crash in '90 in East Troy, Wisconsin. All five occupants of the chopper were killed instantly without suffering upon crashing into a hillside, said coroners. He had been doing an encore show. I saw him play in late September of '86 at the Pfalzbau in Ludwigshafen, Germany (several years before he wrote this gorgeous instrumental song—strongly influenced by Jazz great Wes Montgomery—"Riviera Paradise"). He was already giving glory to Jesus on stage for delivering him from heroin addiction.

All indications are that he was a faithful follower of Christ right up until his death. He said this song was written as a therapeutical aid to folks needing some peace while battling with the flesh. It certainly served that purpose for me. This is a live recording from Austin City Limits. He introduces it with the words:

"This one goes out to everybody who's still sufferin' in any way."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a dark place in the early '70s (long story) and Gilbert O'Sullivan was my only friend. This strange mixture of tragic lyrics and melodious music always made me feel understood and oddly cheery when the real people around me didn't care to:
That one's on the sound track of my life.

Reactions: BarneyFife