What Song Makes You Instantly Happy When You Hear It?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pièce de Résistance

Jesus grabbed virtuoso guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan from the clutches of the adversary before he died at the tender age of 35 in a helicopter crash in '90 in East Troy, Wisconsin. All five occupants of the chopper were killed instantly without suffering upon crashing into a hillside, said coroners. He had been doing an encore show. I saw him play in late September of '86 at the Pfalzbau in Ludwigshafen, Germany (several years before he wrote this gorgeous instrumental song—strongly influenced by Jazz great Wes Montgomery—"Riviera Paradise"). He was already giving glory to Jesus on stage for delivering him from heroin addiction.

All indications are that he was a faithful follower of Christ right up until his death. He said this song was written as a therapeutical aid to foks needing some peace while battling with the flesh. It certainly served that purpose for me. This is a live recording from Austin City Limits. He introduces it with the words:

"This one goes out to everybody who's still sufferin' in any way."

Then we gotta put Jessica on the list. This may well be the epitome of the 'make me glad and happy' song:

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know anyone else knew this song!
Same here.
I first heard it when DJ, Steve Dahl (Disco Destruction), played it on 98 The Loop (WLUP) in Chicago back in '78. I think that was the only time I ever heard it. I just happened to capture it on a cassette recording that first time I heard it and listened to it a few times for a couple of years after that. Then I pretty much forgot about it until YouTube came along and I found it again.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here.
I first heard it when DJ, Steve Dahl (Disco Destruction), played it on 98 The Loop (WLUP) in Chicago back in '78. I think that was the only time I ever heard it. I just happened to capture it on a cassette recording that first time I heard it and listened to it a few times for a couple of years after that. Then I pretty much forgot about it until YouTube came along and I found it again.
When I turned 12, my local library graduated me to an Adult card from a Child's card. That meant I could check out music and not just books, up to 4 albums at a time. I got Canned Heat, but it didn't do anything for me. I got Tubular Bells which I've loved all along (the Exorcist hadn't come out yet). Judy Collins', Wildflowers. And Lovin' Spoonful. I had no idea what any of these were, just starting to explore music.

Another of my lifelong favorites from Wildflowers,

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina,did you put Nature on the turntable back when you DJed?

One of my favourite tunes from a NZ group growing up...