What Song Makes You Instantly Happy When You Hear It?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was mentioning this to someone the other day. Heard this song at Walgreens waiting on a prescription, and I thought, "Oh, good song."

Found out it was written by a Christian 15 years ago (The things we miss).

Oh…this song was playing on Christian radio around the time I came to God! I used to blare it when it came on! I’m guessing it was ‘06 or ‘07? I cried every single time at the part, “made beauty of my mess.”

Ive tried to find one but can’t that I used to like. It went something like…they’ll know us by the t shirts that we wear, they’ll know us by the way we comb our hair….I can’t find the song. It was about what’s wrong with us though. It was…kind of saying, the outside of the cup ain’t it.

It’s so much fun to listen to the songs, secular or not, that each of you lists that make you happy and make you “wanna dance!” But see, even secular things have bits and pieces that…draw me to God and give me glimpses of Him. I can even see a movie where they had absolutely no intention of making me see God but I did anyway!
Every love story has a sacrifice or it isn’t a love story. Every action adventure has good vs. evil. You just can’t help it, our story is there! The bones are there, even when Hollywood would probably be horrified you caught glimpses of God in their movies or songs!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a secular song. It's got to be Green Door.:) Makes me smile

See though…I saw something in it too! (I’d never once heard the song by the way. Think it’s one of the few in here I hadn’t EVER heard.) But there’s a door, and he wants to be let in and allowed entrance because he knows there’s singing and happy people inside. And I know, he probably means a…bar or speak easy but…I caught a glimpse anyway! Am I weird…? I catch Him everywhere. Lol.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, Ferris, I could be wrong but I think the idea is to actually post the music so people can listen to it.

cheese-634599.jpg

haha! I just googled his on YouTube. Was easy. I don’t know how to send the videos I would like to here either. I was surprised by the one he posted, Get Together. I’d heard it many times years back of course but I’d never heard it since I came to God and had no idea it even mentioned Jesus, but it did!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was walking down a beautiful country road in rural New York, asking God to reveal a new hymn for my congregation to sing. Then the words of a song I'd only heard once many years prior began to play in my mind. It was supernatural that all the words came back so clearly. I contacted our pianist (a Jewish musician with his own jazz band in Rochester) and asked him to play it the following Sunday. He absolutely adored it and the impact on that country UMC congregation was so electrifying that the song ushered a period of revival and miracles, one of which was as spectacular as any in the Gospels. "Beulah" is the Hebrew word for "marriage." So the theme of "Dwelling in Beulah Land" is soaring above your problems and beginning a second honeymoon with God. The author Austin Miles also wrote "In the Garden." Here is how "Dwelling in Beulah Land" sounded that Sunday morning in my UMC church [Notice the joy of the little children]:

dwelling in beulah land gaither - Bing video

The Bing video only gives 2 verses. I provide the rest below because I consider them the most beautiful lyrics of any hymn or praise chorus. The lyrics of "In the Garden" are pretty good too.

1. Far away the noise of strife upon my ear is falling;
    Then I know the sins of earth beset on every hand;
    Doubt and fear and things of earth in vain to me are calling;
    None of these shall move me from Beulah Land.
    • Refrain:
      I’m living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky,
      I’m drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry;
      Oh, yes! I’m feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply,
      For I am dwelling in Beulah Land.
  2. Far below the storm of doubt upon the world is beating,
    Sons of men in battle long the enemy withstand;
    Safe am I within the castle of God’s Word retreating;
    Nothing then can reach me—’tis Beulah Land.
  3. Let the stormy breezes blow, their cry cannot alarm me;
    I am safely sheltered here, protected by God’s hand;
    Here the sun is always shining, here there’s naught can harm me;
    I am safe forever in Beulah Land.
  4. Viewing here the works of God, I sink in contemplation;
    Hearing now His blessed voice, I see the way He planned;
    Dwelling in the Spirit, here I learn of full salvation;
    Gladly will I tarry in Beulah Land.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
haha! I just googled his on YouTube. Was easy. I don’t know how to send the videos I would like to here either. I was surprised by the one he posted, Get Together. I’d heard it many times years back of course but I’d never heard it since I came to God and had no idea it even mentioned Jesus, but it did!

Easy, easy. All you do is go to a song you like on Youtube and then click on the URL link at the top of the screen and copy it. Then you come here and paste it into a thread, and it shows up on screen when you post.

It's more complicated on some Christian forums elsewhere, but here it's super easy.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy, easy. All you do is go to a song you like on Youtube and then click on the URL link at the top of the screen and copy it. Then you come here and paste it into a thread, and it shows up on screen when you post.

It's more complicated on some Christian forums elsewhere, but here it's super easy.

I just found one that made me weep years ago. I’ll try to see if your instruction works for me…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh! You can’t stop me now I know how to do it! Thanks HIH! I just heard this one for the first time. Apparently, I’m going to spend all day weeping…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread has given something back to me I had lost and I’m very thankful. I’m going to try to explain.
When I received the Holy Spirit, it was dramatic. I felt waves and waves washing over and through me and goosebumps all over my body. I physically felt it when He came to me and it was something I’d never felt before. I began listening to Christian radio and buying cds. I would listen to a song over and over and over again, just to keep feeling it. But at some point, I had the feeling I was doing something wrong. I couldn’t completely put my finger on it at the time, but I knew I was doing something wrong, so I completely stopped listening to the music.
I became aware at some point, what it was I had been doing. It was sort of like this: Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs.

I wanted to be fed over and over again without cease. It was…eating unworthily at His table. It was spiritual gluttony. It did help me very much to understand and begin to see that the words are spirit and truth, not literal. Gluttony is outward, literal, concerning eating food, but in spirit and truth it’s inside me that the words are for.

Anyway, I can enjoy music again now 15 years later, without having that problem because I don’t love Him or follow Him because I am fed but because He is God. I can eat and worship and stop when I am full. Before, I just ate and ate and didn’t stop.
I don’t have to shun music any more or try to not listen too intently to it. I think this will probably become a thread I come into to be encouraged and helped now rather than a thread I mostly shun because I no longer am afraid of music.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread has given something back to me I had lost and I’m very thankful. I’m going to try to explain.
When I received the Holy Spirit, it was dramatic. I felt waves and waves washing over and through me and goosebumps all over my body. I physically felt it when He came to me and it was something I’d never felt before. I began listening to Christian radio and buying cds. I would listen to a song over and over and over again, just to keep feeling it. But at some point, I had the feeling I was doing something wrong. I couldn’t completely put my finger on it at the time, but I knew I was doing something wrong, so I completely stopped listening to the music.
I became aware at some point, what it was I had been doing. It was sort of like this: Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs.

I wanted to be fed over and over again without cease. It was…eating unworthily at His table. It was spiritual gluttony. It did help me very much to understand and begin to see that the words are spirit and truth, not literal. Gluttony is outward, literal, concerning eating food, but in spirit and truth it’s inside me that the words are for.

Anyway, I can enjoy music again now 15 years later, without having that problem because I don’t love Him or follow Him because I am fed but because He is God. I can eat and worship and stop when I am full. Before, I just ate and ate and didn’t stop.
I don’t have to shun music any more or try to not listen too intently to it. I think this will probably become a thread I come into to be encouraged and helped now rather than a thread I mostly shun because I no longer am afraid of music.
You're like me—you think too much. :D

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're like me—you think too much. :D

Well…yeah, I guess. But you find yourself in this very different place where it almost feels like you’re going by faint instinct, not realizing at first it’s nudges by Someone other than you. So you kind of think so much about it because it’s a new and strange way to operate and it’s all cloaked in clouds!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well…yeah, I guess. But you find yourself in this very different place where it almost feels like you’re going by faint instinct, not realizing at first it’s nudges by Someone other than you. So you kind of think so much about it because it’s a new and strange way to operate and it’s all cloaked in clouds!
It's obviously a topic for another thread, but I find that when I think too much about my own salvation or even my relationship with Jesus, I slowly drift into a kind of faux-sanctified, self-centeredness. The only thing that remedies that for me is service to others—getting the two great commandments back into their proper balance.

So I want to redeem this off-topic post with a song:

And if that isn't enough happiness for ya:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsH19NHPTD44m-5CCyx5jKLKAGir3iL2L

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's obviously a topic for another thread, but I find that when I think too much about my own salvation or even my relationship with Jesus, I slowly drift into a kind of faux-sanctified, self-centeredness. The only thing that remedies that for me is service to others—getting the two great commandments back into their proper balance.

So I want to redeem this off-topic post with a song:

And if that isn't enough happiness for ya:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsH19NHPTD44m-5CCyx5jKLKAGir3iL2L

If you enter faux sanctified self centered ness when you think too much about the way, yep, I would not think about it either. That’s not what happens to me. In fact, I think I’m supposed to share what I learn about it to help my brothers, since we are so weak. It is serving them. But He doesn’t give us the same exact things to do, so I think you should definitely keep trying to purposely not think about the way. I also think you should keep whatever someone says if it helps grow your trust and discard whatever they say that doesn’t help or confuses you. They might be wrong or it might not be something for you at that time.