What Song Makes You Instantly Happy When You Hear It?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I'm gonna start a band just so I can give it a goofy name like "Horatio And The Bobby Pins," or "Dust Bunnies," or "Social Distancing."

Hey, let's have a little derail and list weird new band names.

Or, better yet, I'll start a new thread!

That would be a nice, rule-compliant idea... :D

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so don’t laugh because it’s odd, but there’s this silly song that makes me happy when I hear it, though you don’t often hear it any more. It’s called, I think, “Come and Get Your Love.” By an obscure group called Redbone. Might be from the 70’s?

There’s another old one called “Sleepwalk” by Santos and Johnny that very much pleases my ear, have no idea why…

I always liked Steely Dan too.

It Is Well With My Soul. Love that one too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Okay, so don’t laugh because it’s odd, but there’s this silly song that makes me happy when I hear it, though you don’t often hear it any more. It’s called, I think, “Come and Get Your Love.” By an obscure group called Redbone. Might be from the 70’s?

1973. I watched this video less than an hour ago. Thought you might enjoy watching Christopher Walken dancing to it.

There’s another old one called “Sleepwalk” by Santos and Johnny that very much pleases my ear, have no idea why…

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Oh I like Sleepwalk by Santos and Johnny. Had to look it up though...:) same as the Redbone song.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The lyrical content isn't the greatest for a Christian, but one of my favorite "feel-good" songs has always been "Hello It's Me," by Todd Rundgren.. I don't know whether I'm listing "happy" songs or "confessing faults." lol

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lyrical content isn't the greatest for a Christian, but one of my favorite "feel-good" songs has always been "Hello It's Me," by Todd Rundgren.. I don't know whether I'm listing "happy" songs or "confessing faults." lol

Well, if we want to take a religious spirit about it all, The Song of Solomon might not be the greatest lyrical content for a Christian then. It depends on whether the flesh is reading/hearing and ascending or the spirit is doing so.

I can even watch secular movies and most often see our story and gospel echoes.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1973. I watched this video less than an hour ago. Thought you might enjoy watching Christopher Walken dancing to it.

Lol. Oh haha! It kind of shows exactly how I feel when I hear the song. It’s like, I feel like dancing suddenly and…oh, but wait, I’m not a dancer…

Reactions: Matthias

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Sunshine On My Shoulders'
- John Denver
One of my favorite songs..from 1970's.
---
* Nor sure..already mentioned..
- I did not read all posts on this thread.
---
& Many songs from Maranatha Music.
- 1970's.

Reactions: Lambano

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if we want to take a religious spirit about it all, The Song of Solomon might not be the greatest lyrical content for a Christian then. It depends on whether the flesh is reading/hearing and ascending or the spirit is doing so.

I can even watch secular movies and most often see our story and gospel echoes.
I don't know what it means to take a religious spirit about something, but "Hello It's Me" alludes to co-habitating and one-night-standing, so I'm not sure I know how to compare it to Song Of Solomon. Is the content of SOS of an irreligious spirit? I know for many here, "religion" is a four-letter word, but I can't remember if you're of that mind or not.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what it means to take a religious spirit about something, but "Hello It's Me" alludes to co-habitating and one-night-standing, so I'm not sure I know how to compare it to Song Of Solomon. Is the content of SOS of an irreligious spirit? I know for many here, "religion" is a four-letter word, but I can't remember if you're of that mind or not.

(By the way, I wasn’t saying you take a religious spirit.) you are the exact opposite of anything like that, which I don’t say for any purpose of flattery but I say because it’s true.
And just because the conscience of a man is bothered by some things doesn’t mean he has a religious spirit about him either. It goes deeper than that.
If the conscience is bothered, it needs to be heeded. You know the verse. I’m betting it popped into your mind already. :)

I’m trying hard to think how to explain a religious spirit…I could come up with many examples except I'm being hollered for and have to go. But it's to do as always with what the heart is doing and if it's judging that it's superior to others, like, I'm better than him because I'm more serious, pray more, read my Bible more, worship more correctly, etc.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(By the way, I wasn’t saying you take a religious spirit.) you are the exact opposite of anything like that, which I don’t say for any purpose of flattery but I say because it’s true.
And just because the conscience of a man is bothered by some things doesn’t mean he has a religious spirit about him either. It goes deeper than that.
If the conscience is bothered, it needs to be heeded. You know the verse. I’m betting it popped into your mind already. :)

I’m trying hard to think how to explain a religious spirit…I could come up with many examples except I'm being hollered for and have to go. But it's to do as always with what the heart is doing and if it's judging that it's superior to others, like, I'm better than him because I'm more serious, pray more, read my Bible more, worship more correctly, etc.
A religious spirit? Pious but not holy perhaps?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A religious spirit? Pious but not holy perhaps?

Very close! More like...not righteous OR holy. No seeing of true self, lack of the humility that comes from that seeing, even WHILE thinking you're holy and others aren't by your unrighteous judging of the outside of everyone's cups.