WHAT THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS AND THE MEANING OF 666

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What am I hearing from your posts? Name calling, ridicule, etc. with a cheery picked verse to suggest that your understanding is not a personal interpretation of the scriptures.
Please spare me the "mean Christian" lecture. If Jesus were alive today, you'd likely accuse Him of the same. Let's stick to the Scriptures, if you don't mind.
The Roman empire did manifest the influence of the Little Horn to destroy Jerusalem.
The Little Horn of chapter 7 or 8?
The little horn was also manifested by the Greek empire when the trampling of the Sanctuary of God began around the year 250 BC.
Wrong...the Little Horn of chapter 7 arises AFTER the Greek Leopard and of chapter 8, it arises AFTER the Greek He-goat. If you think Antiochus Epiphenes IV was the "Little Horn", there are several irrefutable arguments to the contrary.
The Roman empire is not the fourth segment of the Daniel 2 statue prophecy.
It absolutely is.
According to Jeremiah there is a 2,000 plus gap in the history of the Land of the Chaldean found in verse 39 if one knows how to untangle the technical interpretation of this verse where a finite time period was changed into a infinite time period.
Please share how you find a gap in Jeremiah.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please spare me the "mean Christian" lecture. If Jesus were alive today, you'd likely accuse Him of the same. Let's stick to the Scriptures, if you don't mind.
The Little Horn of chapter 7 or 8?
Wrong...the Little Horn of chapter 7 arises AFTER the Greek Leopard and of chapter 8, it arises AFTER the Greek He-goat. If you think Antiochus Epiphenes IV was the "Little Horn", there are several irrefutable arguments to the contrary.
It absolutely is.
Please share how you find a gap in Jeremiah.

What is the point of sharing with you if you make the claims that you have that what my understanding is, is all wrong. You do not want to learn the truth. You cannot handle the truth. But you will try me anyway with your false claims.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the point of sharing with you if you make the claims that you have that what my understanding is, is all wrong. You do not want to learn the truth. You cannot handle the truth. But you will try me anyway with your false claims.
Attitudes that seem to be "assurance" in our allies we often deem "arrogance" in our opponents. I assure you that I am not your enemy - just one who desperately wants the world to know the truth about church history - because it has grave implications for the future. I've been indoctrinated with your ideas since I could sit upright in church and have been studying Protestant Historicism for 15 years - I'm well able to speak authoritatively on both, by God's grace.

Most Jesuit Futurists know little to nothing about Protestant Historicism

...yet in their ignorance, they arrogantly denounce anything that challenges Jesuit Futurism - which I find incredible - not knowing that:
  • the Twin Pillars of the Protestant Reformation were (1) Ephesians 2:8, and (2) the Papacy is Antichrist
  • these Twin Pillars were held universally held by Protestants everywhere for over 300 years
  • these Twin Pillars so upended the papacy early on that they were forced to fabricate Jesuit Futurism and Preterism
  • the Reformers immediately disproved and rejected both Jesuit ideas by solid Biblical exegesis seen in here today
  • they fell into obscurity and remained there until the Reformation lost steam due to cessation of papal persecution
  • they emerged in the first half of the 19th century in the Church of England and began to spread throughout the Europe
  • John Nelson Darby brought them here to America by way of six voyages here from England
  • the infamous Scofield Reference Bible - filled with Darby's Jesuit ideas - was elevated to prominence in our seminaries
  • seminaries and Bible colleges began rolling Jesuit Futurist Protestant pastors off the assembly lines everywhere
  • throughout the 20th century, sermons, books, radio shows, TV, and movies, etc., continued to indoctrinate America with these Jesuit lies until now, so called "enlightened" students of prophecy are fully caught in the trap, hook line and sinker...and the most asinine arguments are advanced to "disprove" Historicism such as the unBiblical ideas of gap theory, dispensationalism, ground zero Middle East, etc...
Seldom does anyone pluck up the courage to do so, but if you'd like to be one of the brave few who've chosen to look objectively at all eschatological schools of thought and be lead by the Holy Spirit, come what may, I'll be happy to study it out with you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Attitudes that seem to be "assurance" in our allies we often deem "arrogance" in our opponents. I assure you that I am not your enemy - just one who desperately wants the world to know the truth about church history - because it has grave implications for the future. I've been indoctrinated with your ideas since I could sit upright in church and have been studying Protestant Historicism for 15 years - I'm well able to speak authoritatively on both, by God's grace.

Most Jesuit Futurists know little to nothing about Protestant Historicism

...yet in their ignorance, they arrogantly denounce anything that challenges Jesuit Futurism - which I find incredible - not knowing that:
  • the Twin Pillars of the Protestant Reformation were (1) Ephesians 2:8, and (2) the Papacy is Antichrist
  • these Twin Pillars were held universally held by Protestants everywhere for over 300 years
  • these Twin Pillars so upended the papacy early on that they were forced to fabricate Jesuit Futurism and Preterism
  • the Reformers immediately disproved and rejected both Jesuit ideas by solid Biblical exegesis seen in here today
  • they fell into obscurity and remained there until the Reformation lost steam due to cessation of papal persecution
  • they emerged in the first half of the 19th century in the Church of England and began to spread throughout the Europe
  • John Nelson Darby brought them here to America by way of six voyages here from England
  • the infamous Scofield Reference Bible - filled with Darby's Jesuit ideas - was elevated to prominence in our seminaries
  • seminaries and Bible colleges began rolling Jesuit Futurist Protestant pastors off the assembly lines everywhere
  • throughout the 20th century, sermons, books, radio shows, TV, and movies, etc., continued to indoctrinate America with these Jesuit lies until now, so called "enlightened" students of prophecy are fully caught in the trap, hook line and sinker...and the most asinine arguments are advanced to "disprove" Historicism such as the unBiblical ideas of gap theory, dispensationalism, ground zero Middle East, etc...
Seldom does anyone pluck up the courage to do so, but if you'd like to be one of the brave few who've chosen to look objectively at all eschatological schools of thought and be lead by the Holy Spirit, come what may, I'll be happy to study it out with you.

What I am stating is that people must have an open mind when it comes to understanding what is going to occur during the end times.

In Daniel_2 we are told about five segments of a statue and from a robotics perspective this is indeed describing a person and the functions of a person and how they can walk, maybe not is scientific terms, but the functionality of the person is described and that the segment of the statue, if attacked, that will cause it to fall over, is the feet.

Now if you want to understand the Daniel_2 statue prophecy, you have to come to understand the timeline that the statue exists over. Jeremiah_50-51 must be considered with Daniel_2 as it provides information about the Land of the Chaldeans/Babylon that is pertinent to our understanding. Revelation_16:17-21 provides a clue as to when the period of time that the Land of Babylon ceases to be devastated and desolate, in that, in 1926 Babylon was remembered once more by the people of the world and the kingdom/nation was re-established once more upon the Land of Babylon. This was one of the outcomes of the Revelation_16:17-21 prophecy which provides a description of WW1 when the whole world was in turmoil, along with other outcomes, like Jerusalem also being divided/partitioned into three areas.

Then if you consider Jeremiah_ 50:39 you can read in our English translations how a described finite time period in the Hebrew text has been corrupted to give the appearance of an infinite time period by translating "a generation/age plus a generation/age" as many "any generation," because people could not comprehend such a long time period as that of two generation/ages which is about 2,000 plus years in duration. If we consider Isaiah_61: 4 we can see a similar example in the history of Israel which has not yet run its full course of the Land of Canaan being devastated and desolated yet because God is still waiting for Israel to repent of their idolatrous worship over, nearly, the past four ages where the iniquities of the first two ages is still being visited upon the fathers children and the children's children during the third and the fourth age, which is this present age.

Paul in Romans 11:25-26 tells us that when the fulness of the time of the gentiles trampling the Sanctuary of God for 2,300 years is complete, that after that time, all of Israel will be saved.

Now, the mark is Satan is upon everybody who has sinned excepted those who have come to believe in Christ and that He is the Son of God.

But, I have possibly moved too quickly for you with the above post for you to get your laughing matter around what I have just written in this post because it is rather radical in nature and debunks much of what the reformation people have and still do teach.

Shalom

PS: - In Joel_3 God does not hold Roman accountable for the removal into slavery of the Israelites, but He still holds the Grecian Empire accountable as the Roman Empire was one of the outcomes of the Alexandra the Greats Empire after he died. How do we reconcile God's words in this particular passage.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am stating is that people must have an open mind when it comes to understanding what is going to occur during the end times.
But not so open that our brains fall out.
In Daniel_2 we are told about five segments of a statue and from a robotics perspective the are indeed describing a person and the functions of a person and how they can walk maybe not is scientific terms but the functionality of the person is described and that the segment of the statue, if attacked will cause it to fall over, is the feet.
The statue is NOT a person, it is clear by the testimony of Daniel that the statue represents NATIONS.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But not so open that our brains fall out.
The statue is NOT a person, it is clear by the testimony of Daniel that the statue represents NATIONS.

Oh well I have tried.

Good day to you now

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh well I have tried.

Good day to you now
You've tried to convince me that Daniel's image is something other than what Daniel plainly says it is: representative of nations. I've shown you from Scripture that you're wrong. You are free to believe whatever about Daniel 2, the "gap theory", the centrality of the literal nation of Israel in end times prophecy, and whatever other nonsense you choose. It is YOU who will be ill prepared to face the soon coming crisis because things aren't going to unfold like you think they will. You will be standing in the midst of the chaos crying out to heaven for an answer as to why Jesus didn't sneak into town and sneak you out in a mythological "secret rapture" at the very moment Lucifer is sweeping those who did not prepare to face what Historicism says is coming our way into his demonic snares of deception.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You've tried to convince me that Daniel's image is something other than what Daniel plainly says it is: representative of nations. I've shown you from Scripture that you're wrong. You are free to believe whatever about Daniel 2, the "gap theory", the centrality of the literal nation of Israel in end times prophecy, and whatever other nonsense you choose. It is YOU who will be ill prepared to face the soon coming crisis because things aren't going to unfold like you think they will. You will be standing in the midst of the chaos crying out to heaven for an answer as to why Jesus didn't sneak into town and sneak you out in a mythological "secret rapture" at the very moment Lucifer is sweeping those who did not prepare to face what Historicism says is coming our way into his demonic snares of deception.

What you are demonstrating with your responses to my post(s) is that you are closed to considering a very different understanding of the scriptures. It is clear to me that you have not considered any different explanations of the scriptures that you have been taught.

The statue prophecy spans a minimum time period of two and a half and even possibly three and a half ages.

The nations in the Statue prophecy are, Segment 1, Babylon, the head, segment 2, the Medes and the Persians, the breast and the arms, the third segment, the belly and the thighs, the Grecian empires of Alexandra the Great and then the General that took control of the western portion of the divided empire.

Then there is a gap of around 2,000 years.

Segment 4, the legs, Iraq, segment 5, the feet partly of iron and clay, the Coalition of the willing lead by the USA. The evidence for this understanding is provided in Jeremiah_50-51 where the last two segments occur during the time that Israel is searching for their way to return to Zion.

It is during the existence of the kings of the last segment, that God will set up His everlasting kingdom in our near future, i.e. within the next 25-30 years. The rock that comes down out of heaven will strike the feet of the statue and the functionality of the feet of the statue will be lost and the statue will fall or crash down to the ground because the stabilising ability of the feet will be lost.

But please, do continue to ridicule my understanding of the end time because it is outside of your neatly packed theory as to how the end times will unfold.

Just remember, I have not gone outside of what Daniel and Jeremiah have recorded concerning the fate of Babylon.

See you around.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are demonstrating with your responses to my post(s) is that you are closed to considering a very different understanding of the scriptures. It is clear to me that you have not considered any different explanations of the scriptures that you have been taught.

The statue prophecy spans a minimum time period of two and a half and even possibly three and a half ages.

The nations in the Statue prophecy are, Segment 1, Babylon, the head, segment 2, the Medes and the Persians, the breast and the arms, the third segment, the belly and the thighs, the Grecian empires of Alexandra the Great and then the General that took control of the western portion of the divided empire.

Then there is a gap of around 2,000 years.

Segment 4, the legs, Iraq, segment 5, the feet partly of iron and clay, the Coalition of the willing lead by the USA. The evidence for this understanding is provided in Jeremiah_50-51 where the last two segments occur during the time that Israel is searching for their way to return to Zion.

It is during the existence of the kings of the last segment, that God will set up His everlasting kingdom in our near future, i.e. within the next 25-30 years. The rock that comes down out of heaven will strike the feet of the statue and the functionality of the feet of the statue will be lost and the statue will fall or crash down to the ground because the stabilising ability of the feet will be lost.

But please, do continue to ridicule my understanding of the end time because it is outside of your neatly packed theory as to how the end times will unfold.

Just remember, I have not gone outside of what Daniel and Jeremiah have recorded concerning the fate of Babylon.

See you around.
Not open minded? Didn't I say that I studied and believed Jesuit Futurism for years?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not open minded? Didn't I say that I studied and believed Jesuit Futurism for years?

Then why do you insult me with your put downs of what I have posted. It seems to me that you have a split personality in your posts.

As to proving with scripture that you are correct in what you post, that is laughable.

Oh well at least I tried to be straight with what I have posted. You on the other hand do not seem to be doing the same. You even deny that Israel is central to the time stamping of what is happening at the present time. Jeremiah_50:4-5

Jeremiah 50:4-5: -
4 "In those days and in that time," says the Lord,
"The children of Israel shall come,
They and the children of Judah together;
With continual weeping they shall come,
And seek the Lord their God.
5 They shall ask the way to Zion,
With their faces toward it, saying,
'Come and let us join ourselves to the Lord
In a perpetual covenant
That will not be forgotten.'
Be that as it may be, you demonstrate that you knowledge is lacking.

Have a great day now.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See you around.
I respect your right to an opinion, but like a mosquito at a nudist colony, I can't decide where to begin poking holes...so I'll just leave it at that.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you insult me with your put downs of what I have posted. It seems to me that you have a split personality in your posts.

As to proving with scripture that you are correct in what you post, that is laughable.

Oh well at least I tried to be straight with what I have posted. You on the other hand do not seem to be doing the same. You even deny that Israel is central to the time stamping of what is happening at the present time. Jeremiah_50:4-5

Jeremiah 50:4-5: -
4 "In those days and in that time," says the Lord,
"The children of Israel shall come,
They and the children of Judah together;
With continual weeping they shall come,
And seek the Lord their God.
5 They shall ask the way to Zion,
With their faces toward it, saying,
'Come and let us join ourselves to the Lord
In a perpetual covenant
That will not be forgotten.'
Be that as it may be, you demonstrate that you knowledge is lacking.

Have a great day now.
What put downs? I've not criticized you personally, just your ideas as dangerous and fully apt to leave one vulnerable to what leader of American Scottish Rite Fremasonry Albert Pike said will happen to Christianity in his 1871 letter to Illuminati leader in Europe Guissepe Mazzini.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What put downs? I've not criticized you personally, just your ideas as dangerous and fully apt to leave one vulnerable to what leader of American Scottish Rite Fremasonry Albert Pike said will happen to Christianity in his 1871 letter to Illuminati leader in Europe Guissepe Mazzini.

Without a reference to this letter, I do not know what you are stating in this post.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I respect your right to an opinion, but like a mosquito at a nudist colony, I can't decide where to begin poking holes...so I'll just leave it at that.

But it is you who is without clothing in this instance and you have a right to being in this state because of your lack of understanding and knowledge of scripture.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a reference to this letter, I do not know what you are stating in this post.
Albert Pike's 3 World Wars that the leaders of Secret Societies planned out for the world. The 1871 letter states that the Third World War will be between Islam and the West/allies of the West with the result being chaotic global destruction.

"Then the multitudes disillusioned with Christianity whose deistic spirits will be from that moment without direction and leadership and anxious for an ideal, but without knowledge where to send its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer..."​

(which means that the Christian multitudes that believed the Jesuit Futurist garbage that you and so many others spew will be standing in the streets amidst the chaos in total confusion with their faces toward heaven shouting to God for answers as to why the "Secret Rapture" hasn't whisked them away from the tribulation yet, and finding themselves adrift in that chaotic storm with no anchor to hold them, they will latch on to the final Luciferian deception - for which Jesuit Futurism totally unprepared them to recognize and ready themselves to resist, so that now unable to discern it for the evil that it is, they will gladly embrace it as sent from God, and persecute those of us who refuse to get on board with them.)

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it is you who is without clothing in this instance and you have a right to being in this state because of your lack of understanding and knowledge of scripture.
I assure you that Protestant Historicism is a sure tether and anchor to the truth, while your Jesuit Futurism is as useless as ropes of sand.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I assure you that Protestant Historicism is a sure tether and anchor to the truth, while your Jesuit Futurism is as useless as ropes of sand.

But you have not proved from scripture that the Roman Empire was the fourth segment of the Daniel_2:31-45 statue prophecy concerning the kingdoms having power/dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans/Babylon. The Bible explains/reveals who the first three segments of the statue represent as nations/kingdoms/empires, but it provides no clues, as such, as to the identity of the fourth or fifth segments of the statue. The bible does provide a time stamp as to when the fourth segment of the statue is revealed and also of the fifth segment some time later.

Now, I do not hold to the Historicism practice of seeing the beasts of Daniel_7 as being specific empires or kingdoms, but that rather, they are demonic wicked fallen heavenly hosts, i.e. angels, that cause themselves to be manifested within the sea of humanity as the manifestations of the beasts through their influence over the people who chose to live within the respective dominions, of the beasts, rise up out of the sea. The manifestation of the characteristics of the respective beasts can be seen to ebb and flow over time as different kingdoms or empires rise up and dominate the world stage for a period of time before collapsing and disappearing back into the tranquillity of the sea of humanity before another people group/kingdom/empire manifests the respective beast during a very different time period.

World history has not recorded any nation/kingdom/empire manifesting the respective beasts, that have lasted over the complete time period, from the time of Daniel up and until this present time. Yes, we can associate a particular nation/kingdom/empire, for a particular period of time, as manifesting the characteristics of a particular beast, but since the time of Daniel, there have been multiple nations/kingdoms/empires that have exhibited the dominate characteristic of a particular beast such that we can say that the respective, first, second, third and fourth beasts of Daniel_7:1-12 record of the beasts exhibiting influence over the people of the sea of humanity at different times is a particular nation/kingdom/empire that can be labelled as . . . ? . We can also see the influence of the little horn beast as well over humanity at different times in our past history.

Now as you have pointed out in your post above, that, "Jesuit Futurism is as useless as ropes of sand" with which I would also have to agree with, but the Protestant Historicism theory is like pouring water out onto hot sand, there is nothing to hold the theory in place except forceful words of political demonization continued from the past into this present time.

Now, when you can show from scripture, or for that matter, even world history, support for your ideas that the Roman Empire had dominion over the land of the Chaldeans, around the time of Christ, I will take heed of your words of wisdom and give them the weight that they would then deserve, but, until then, they are nothing more than bad wind out of the wrong orifice.

Have a great day, now.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have not proved from scripture that the Roman Empire was the fourth segment of the Daniel_2:31-45 statue prophecy concerning the kingdoms having power/dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans/Babylon.
You can't be serious. Do you not know that the Roman Empire conquered the third kingdom- Greece - and took its place on the stage of history as the "Iron Monarchy of Rome", as evidenced by the fourth "legs of iron" kingdom in Daniel 2, as well as the fourth beast with "iron" teeth in Daniel 7?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can't be serious. Do you not know that the Roman Empire conquered the third kingdom- Greece - and took its place on the stage of history as the "Iron Monarchy of Rome", as evidenced by the fourth "legs of iron" kingdom in Daniel 2, as well as the fourth beast with "iron" teeth in Daniel 7?

But please give me the scriptures to back up your claim. Did not the fourth kingdom of the divided Alexandra the Great's empire assume control of the land of the Chaldeans as recorded in the history of that time? The Daniel_2 statue prophecy was given in respect to the nations/kingdoms/empires that had control over the Land of the Chaldeans and the Roman Empire is not found associated with having dominion over the land of the Chaldeans. Babylon was carted off in pieces along with its people and distributed into the other parts of the fourth portion of the divided Grecian Empire around the year 120 B.C. and the land was desolated and devastated when the Roman Empire pushed into the Land of the Chaldeans for a very short period of time before they then withdrew, empty handed, so to speak. There was nothing to conquer and no people to rule over when they arrived. I believe that Josephus records this fact.

Then in about 1926, Iraq was established by the victors of WW1 by treaty, if my recollection is correct and its presents was once more in view for God's wrath to be poured out over it. Now the nation of Iraq had control over the land of the Chaldeans and around 80 or so years later, a cobbled coalition of nations lead by the President of America, invaded the land of the Chaldeans, and as Jeremiah tells us, this coalition attempted to heal the land by establishing a democracy within its borders. Jeremiah also informs us that Iran, i.e. the nation with control over the old Persian land, would then enter into the land to punish Babylon.

Now with respect to Jerusalem, the Roman Empire did exercise dominion over that city and the evidence is found in both the Biblical and historical records to back up this understanding.

Now, it seems to me that you are protecting a cult's understanding of the Daniel_2 statue prophecy which also has a hatred of the RCC will a little to much vigour.

Now have a great day, now.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But please give me the scriptures to back up your claim. Did not the fourth kingdom of the divided Alexandra the Great's empire assume control of the land of the Chaldeans
You claim the Greek third "kingdom" divided into a new fourth "kingdom", which makes no sense. How can a "kingdom" (singular) divide into four new "kingdoms" (plural) and yet continue to be referred to as "kingdom" (singular)? Also, what was new? Was there any significant change in the size of it? Was there any significant change in culture? Was there any significant change in politics? Was there any significant change in religion? The answer is no, and that the only change was rulership by one king to rulership of four kings - the Empire yet remained the one third Empire - GREEK.

As for Scripture, the fourth kingdom was the "iron" kingdom which followed the "brass" kingdom. Everyone knows that it was the "iron" swords and battle implements of the Roman Empire which defeated the "brass" swords and battle implements of the Greeks. The "Iron Monarchy of Rome" is known as such for good reason - Rome was every bit of what Daniel 2 and Daniel 7 characterizes as the fourth "legs of iron" and the fourth "beast" - ruthless, terrible, stamping out the residue. Was it not Roman authority which condemned the Savior of the world Jesus to death and "iron" nails that nailed our Savior to the Cross?

You can't have the third kingdom dividing into four new kingdoms and yet still refer to those divisions as one "kingdom" - that just simply makes no sense. Either make the four divisions of the third kingdom four new kingdoms, number them 4, 5, 6, and 7, find where these fit in Daniel's prophetic timeline, or abandon this asinine idea altogether and recognize what I've already said: the division of the third Greek Empire was not the kingdom itself, but the rulership of it, which remained the third kingdom until the fourth kingdom, Rome, came along and conquered it.