WHAT THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS AND THE MEANING OF 666

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You claim the Greek third "kingdom" divided into a new fourth "kingdom", which makes no sense. How can a "kingdom" (singular) divide into four new "kingdoms" (plural) and yet continue to be referred to as "kingdom" (singular)? Also, what was new? Was there any significant change in the size of it? Was there any significant change in culture? Was there any significant change in politics? Was there any significant change in religion? The answer is no, and that the only change was rulership by one king to rulership of four kings - the Empire yet remained the one third Empire - GREEK.

As for Scripture, the fourth kingdom was the "iron" kingdom which followed the "brass" kingdom. Everyone knows that it was the "iron" swords and battle implements of the Roman Empire which defeated the "brass" swords and battle implements of the Greeks. The "Iron Monarchy of Rome" is known as such for good reason - Rome was every bit of what Daniel 2 and Daniel 7 characterizes as the fourth "legs of iron" and the fourth "beast" - ruthless, terrible, stamping out the residue. Was it not Roman authority which condemned the Savior of the world Jesus to death and "iron" nails that nailed our Savior to the Cross?

You can't have the third kingdom dividing into four new kingdoms and yet still refer to those divisions as one "kingdom" - that just simply makes no sense. Either make the four divisions of the third kingdom four new kingdoms, number them 4, 5, 6, and 7, find where these fit in Daniel's prophetic timeline, or abandon this asinine idea altogether and recognize what I've already said: the division of the third Greek Empire was not the kingdom itself, but the rulership of it, which remained the third kingdom until the fourth kingdom, Rome, came along and conquered it.

If you cannot correctly read what I have written, and then respond about the right facts of what I had written then your argument is false and there is no need for me to respond. However, I will set the record straight, from your flawed understanding of the Book of Daniel

From the scriptures, the Grecian empire divided, and the division is described as four horns come up to replace the single horn that had been broken off, and the four horns are described as being the North, South, East and West portion of Alexandra the Great's Empire lead by his four generals. Now these Grecian Empires did go to war against each other as is described in the book of Daniel_10-12.

Now the four Grecian empires after Alexandra the Great came under the influence of the third beast which is described as having four heads and therefore four crowns. The third beast did not manifest itself in the seas of humanity until after Alexandra the Great.

Now, the metals used in the Statue prophecy goes from a very soft metal, Gold, and progressively becomes harder over time, until the fifth segment where we have iron mixed with clay, i.e. a very hard heart against God mixed with a very pliable mouldable material clay which is soft towards God. The description is concerning the malleability of the respective hearts of the nations having dominion in the Land of the Chaldeans. The malleability of the respective hearts of the nations is with respect to their attitude towards God.

How many Christians today can be likened to having a heart of iron rather than a heart of clay which can be moulded into the character that God desires His Saints to have?

Now you expressed your opinion that the division of Alexandra the Great's empire into four new "Grecian" empires makes no sense, but each of the divisions of Alexandra the Great's empire still exhibited the same beastly characteristic of the third beast, and that is dominion/power over the nations that they moved through. Some 2,000 years later, this same characteristic was exhibited by other world powers after the demise of the four Grecian empires, i.e. the Spanish, French, Dutch and English empires, each of which held onto certain structural aspects of the original Grecian Empires to hold onto their respective powers.

Today these four empires have waned in their power and other nations have grown in their domination of/over other nations, and the squabbles between the four heads of the third beast today is still as intriguing as it was when Alexandra the Great's Empire was split into four Grecian empires.

I hope that this clear up your misunderstanding of the Biblical record.

Now which denominational sect/cult do you belong to?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the four Grecian empires after Alexandra the Great came under the influence of the third beast which is described as having four heads and therefore four crowns.
Greece is described as a leopard with four heads - which characterizes its entire existence from 331 B.C. to 167 B.C. when Rome took over. The four divisions do not describe a fourth beast, metal, or anything else. You're barking up the wrong tree, friend. The fourth beast, metal, etc. is Rome.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now which denominational sect/cult do you belong to?
Go back and look up what every single Protestant Reformer like Wesley, Luther, Tyndale, Latimer, Ridley, Cramner, etc. had to say about Daniel 7. Absolutely alll of them agree with me and NONE of them agree with you.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

The whole of Protestantism said the belly and thighs of brass was Greece and the iron legs was Rome, the third beast with four heads was Greece, and the fourth terrible beast with iron teeth was Rome. You're free to believe what you want, but I have no interest in attempting to prove to you what thinking Christian men have believed for centuries.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Go back and look up what every single Protestant Reformer like Wesley, Luther, Tyndale, Latimer, Ridley, Cramner, etc. had to say about Daniel 7. Absolutely alll of them agree with me and NONE of them agree with you.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

The whole of Protestantism said the belly and thighs of brass was Greece and the iron legs was Rome, the third beast with four heads was Greece, and the fourth terrible beast with iron teeth was Rome. You're free to believe what you want, but I have no interest in attempting to prove to you what thinking Christian men have believed for centuries.

How many times have you heard that people all agree that their understanding is the right understanding to only learn later that they were in fact barking up the wrong tree.

I have previously stated that the first three segments of the Daniel_2 statue prophecy was Babylon, the head, the Medes and the Persians, the neck and the chest, and the Grecian Empire, the belly and the thighs. As for the fourth segment, I DISAGREE with it being the Roman Empire as the Roman Empire did not have any dominion over the land of the Chaldeans, as the Grecian Empire had devastated and desolated the land before 100 BC.

Now the Daniel_2 Statue prophecy is totally independent of the Daniel_7 prophecy and because of the years between the two prophecies, we should not interweave both of these two prophecies together.

Since the time of the above mentioned people, a lot has changed and our that includes our understanding of the End Times and when things will occur. Now did the above people have an understanding of when this present age would end and were they suggesting that it would occur sometime between the years 1750-2000. If they believed that the end of this present age was going to end within that timeframe, then they all got it wrong as we know now that the end of this present age has not occurred. If they got that wrong, what else have they got wrong as well?

Anyway, you did not answer my question as to what cultic sect you belong too. I would appreciate your honest response to that particular question.

PS: - I do know that the end of this present age will occur in around 25 years plus or minus a few years from now. This is based solely on what Christ taught and is recorded in Matthew_25 etc..

A recent study on what the early Methodists believed concerning the end of this present age can be read at : -
https://www.escholar.manchester.ac....amId=POST-PEER-REVIEW-PUBLISHERS-DOCUMENT.PDF

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the fourth segment, I DISAGREE with it being the Roman Empire as the Roman Empire did not have any dominion over the land of the Chaldeans, as the Grecian Empire had devastated and desolated the land before 100 BC.
As you can see, the Roman Empire fully covered over Babylon, the land of the Chaldeans.map of rome.jpg

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As you can see, the Roman Empire fully covered over Babylon, the land of the Chaldeans.View attachment 5316

As you have no understanding of Jeremiah_50-51's account of what was to happen to Babylon, then I am afraid that I have no opinion but to ignore your so called evidence of the Roman Empire at 100 AD that supposedly backs up your POV. It also is not in agree with Rev_16:17-21 which gives us a timeframe as to when Babylon was to be remembered once again after being devastated and desolated by the Grecian Empire around 120 BC.

Again when are you going to respond to my question concerning the denominational faith that you belong to.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you have no understanding of Jeremiah_50-51's account of what was to happen to Babylon, then I am afraid that I have no opinion but to ignore your so called evidence that supposedly backs up your POV. It also is not in agree with Rev_16:17-21 which gives us a timeframe as to when Babylon was to be remembered once again after being devastated and desolated by the Grecian Empire around 120 BC.

Again when are you going to respond to my question concerning the denominational faith that you belong to.
Babylon was destroyed and "will never be inhabited" (Isaiah 13). It is figuratively in prophecy symbolizing "religious confusion" - which is every single system of religion in the world, excluding Bible Christianity, which says "something I DO makes me acceptable to God, where Bible Christianity says "something God has done (on Calvary) makes me acceptable to God."

The land of ancient Babylon was fully under the dominion of the fourth beast, Rome.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you care what is my background? I couldn't care less about yours. All I care about is by what Scriptural means you support your spiritual propositions, which at this point I can't see how your selected texts do so at all.

Again, Daniel 8 is clear that the Medo Persian ram is "great", the Greek he goat which conquered it is "very great", and finally the Little Horn which conquers Greece becomes "exceeding great". This Horn which first attacks laterally and then vertically is Rome: laterally at first (pagan Rome) and then later toward heaven (papal Rome).

Pray tell, just what Empire that arose on the heels of the fallen Greek Empire (167 B.C.) is it that you insist is the fourth beast and is "exceeding great" above Babylon, Medo Persia, and Greece?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Babylon was destroyed and "will never be inhabited" (Isaiah 13). It is figuratively in prophecy symbolizing "religious confusion" - which is every single system of religion in the world, excluding Bible Christianity, which says "something I DO makes me acceptable to God, where Bible Christianity says "something God has done (on Calvary) makes me acceptable to God."

The land of ancient Babylon was fully under the dominion of the fourth beast, Rome.

Isaiah_13 is very similar to Jeremiah_50-51. Both speak of Babylon being desolated and devastated for a time period a little over 2,000 years. Both passages speak of a finite period that Babylon will be devastated and desolated. They do not speak of a infinite time period as you are suggesting.

As for the Beasts being wicked fallen heavenly hosts, i.e. Angels, is not as unlikely as you are suggesting. If as you are suggesting that the beasts of Daniel_7 are human empires, then how did the empires exist for a period approaching around 2500 years to be judged. Why does Isaiah tell us in 24:21-22 that the wicked fallen heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven. While the kings of the earth at the time of this judgement will be judged on the earth.

Babylon as you are suggesting is the first beast of Dan_7, ebbed and flowed and disappeared around 120 BC. Characteristic - the mind of a man.
The Medes and Persians as you are suggesting is the second beast of Dan_7 and disappeared a little later, characteristic - it consumes much flesh..
The Grecian Empires after Alexandra the Great, as you are suggesting ifs the third beast of Dan_7 and disappeared around 1453 AD, characteristic, power/dominion.
The fourth beast cannot be considered to be just one nation/people group/empire/kingdom as many nations/empires/kingdoms/people groups are influenced by the fourth beast, characteristic, it speaks out great things against God which speaks out great things against God, and it did not come into existence until after 600 AD and it is know as the Islamic Religion which is still strong today.

Now if the above list is true then they should still be around today. However, the influence of the beasts ebbs and flows as other people groups/kingdoms/empires/nation replace the previous. The beasts are spiritual entities.​

On the other hand the people groups associated with each of the five segments of the Statue prophecy are: -

Babylon
Medes/Persians
Grecian Empire
Iraq
The Coalition of the Willing​

Now both lists are independent of each other.

History certainly backs up the list of the Statue segments given above.

Have a nice day now

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah_13 is very similar to Jeremiah_50-51. Both speak of Babylon being desolated and devastated for a time period a little over 2,000 years. Both passages speak of a finite period that Babylon will be devastated and desolated. They do not speak of a infinite time period as you are suggesting.
Seriously, WHAT Bible are you reading?

13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
13:20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.
13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in [their] pleasant palaces: and her time [is] near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have written a bible study on what is the "mark of the beast", why it is evil, how it is nearly impossible to buy or sell without it, what the "right hand" and "forehead" symbolize, and what 666 means.

Check out the study here What the Mark of the Beast Is and the Meaning of 666 | Wisdom of God .

Also available in Spanish here Lo Que es la Marca de la Bestia y el Significado de 666 | Sabiduría de Dios .
It is the number of a man.

Back in the day, leaders often associated the number of their name with themselves. The "number of a man" is the numerical value of the name or title of a person to which the letters of that name or title add up.

Since the "beast" is the papacy, we should be able to find the title of the human representative (Bishop of Rome) of the papacy which adds up to 666:

His official title is "Vicarius Filii Dei" meaning "Vicar of the Son of God" which means "one who takes the place of the Son of God" which is what the name "Antichrist" literally means, as well.

Vicarius = 112
Filii = 53
Dei = 501

+501

Surprise surprise

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the number of a man.

Back in the day, leaders often associated the number of their name with themselves. The "number of a man" is the numerical value of the name or title of a person to which the letters of that name or title add up.

Since the "beast" is the papacy, we should be able to find the title of the human representative (Bishop of Rome) of the papacy which adds up to 666:

His official title is "Vicarius Filii Dei" meaning "Vicar of the Son of God" which means "one who takes the place of the Son of God" which is what the name "Antichrist" literally means, as well.

Vicarius = 112
Filii = 53
Dei = 501

+501

Surprise surprise

Oh, did the apostles somehow know Latin for their prophecy of 666 to apply to a Latin title? Numerology is no less true than me finding $6.66 on a purchase receipt and saying, "oh heavens, that man that gave me the receipt is the antichrist!". It is stupid and absurd. As such, every symbol of the book of Revelation is based on the Tanakh, and we know that 666 is the number of one man in the Tanakh, which is Solomon, because of these passages,

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold
1 Kings 10:14

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold
2 Chronicles 9:13

Which in themselves convey one important truth, that the mark of the beast would be based on gold. As such, only one system ever came through the United States, which is the fulfillment of the second beast of Revelation, which was based on gold and issued to everyone small and great, rich and poor, and it is the Federal Reserve System, a central bank, that began issuing paper money with the backing of gold, then began stealing by devaluing their paper money, and ultimately in its greatest act of thievery took away the backing of gold of paper money, thus becoming "fiat currency", an value of illusion that is false, which is a false quantity which is abomination according to the Torah, through which it steals more and more from the inhabitants of the earth, and is thus, the fulfillment of the mark of the beast prophecy and 666 in the book of Revelation. Sober up! And understand these prophecies and stop believing absurdities and fantasies when the mark of the beast is already upon us. If you do not understand, you will be destroyed because of it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, did the apostles somehow know Latin for their prophecy of 666 to apply to a Latin title?
The apostles lived long before the Beast came into existence, therefore all things which pertain to the Beast didn't apply to their day and age...but they certainly apply to us, seeing that the papal beast arose right on schedule after the fall of the Roman Empire. Using your logic, I should be able to doubt the veracity of John's vision of the sea of glass, seeing that it wasn't around in his day either, right?

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles lived long before the Beast came into existence, therefore all things which pertain to the Beast didn't apply to their day and age...but they certainly apply to us, seeing that the papal beast arose right on schedule after the fall of the Roman Empire. Using your logic, I should be able to doubt the veracity of John's vision of the sea of glass, seeing that it wasn't around in his day either, right?

The point was not regarding what form the things they spoke of would take that they did not know of, it was regarding the use of numerology to derive truth, hence my example of the receipt to further solidify the point I was making. Now, I do no deny the pope is indeed the antichrist, but for other reasons in other parts of the books of Revelation and Daniel, not because 666 numerically represents a Latin name. It is a dumb piece of logic. I have given you a valid and logical explanation based on the Tanakh, take it or leave it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point was not regarding what form the things they spoke of would take that they did not know of, it was regarding the use of numerology to derive truth, hence my example of the receipt to further solidify the point I was making. Now, I do no deny the pope is indeed the antichrist, but for other reasons in other parts of the books of Revelation and Daniel, not because 666 numerically represents a Latin name. It is a dumb piece of logic. I have given you a valid and logical explanation based on the Tanakh, take it or leave it.
Dumb? The Scriptures tell us that the Beast's number will be 666, numerology was an all too common practice among kings and such, the official title of the Bishop of Rome is "Vicarius Filii Dei" which adds up to that, and yet somehow that's dumb?

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dumb? The Scriptures tell us that the Beast's number will be 666, numerology was an all too common practice among kings and such, the official title of the Bishop of Rome is "Vicarius Filii Dei" which adds up to that, and yet somehow that's dumb?

Numerology has never been used by the word of God to convey a truth. All symbols of Revelation are always based on the Tanakh, meaning the old testament, and its Torah. If you do not know the Tanakh, then you do not know the book of Revelation, which is why people like you come up with these absurdities, because of your lack of knowledge of the Tanakh and its Torah.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mark is already here. If you're using fiat currency you already have the mark of the beast, because the mark is based on an abomination contrary to the Torah of God, false quantities and weights. I eliminated fiat currency by purchasing gold and silver bullion, paying rent in advance, stocking up on food for years, and also stocking up on necessities. It is indeed possible to live away from the financial system, it just takes a very drastic change of life. This is why not using fiat currency is the ultimate test of obedience to those who truly obey the commands of God found in his Torah.
It's not fiat money that we need to be concerned about, but rather digitized money. That is the new economic paradigm. We are all being deceived into it now, with the use of their credit/debit cards. The next event for that will be that fiat money will be outlawed, and all will be required to go digital.
As for "the mark of the beast" , that just a reference for us to go and study how it involved king Solomon (the number of man, who hath wisdom) in 1 Kings 10:14- KJV.

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not fiat money that we need to be concerned about, but rather digitized money. That is the new economic paradigm. We are all being deceived into it now, with the use of their credit/debit cards. The next event for that will be that fiat money will be outlawed, and all will be required to go digital.
As for "the mark of the beast" , that just a reference for us to go and study how it involved king Solomon (the number of man, who hath wisdom) in 1 Kings 10:14- KJV.

Paper money and digital money are both evil. They're both deliberately devalued to steal from the inhabitants of the earth, because of their lack of intrinsic value, which the bankers use to their advantage. Why is this so difficult for you people to understand? I know why, because you don't want to stop using it, so you deceive yourselves into believing there is nothing evil about paper money, and then make yourselves believe fantasies concerning the mark of the beast, which in truth it already exists in your very own wallets, which you fail to perceive deliberately. So dumb and ignorant. True are the scriptures that speak of you people, "my people die for lack of knowledge" and "because you have rejected knowledge I have rejected you".

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paper money and digital money are both evil. They're both deliberately devalued to steal from the inhabitants of the earth, because of their lack of intrinsic value, which the bankers use to their advantage. Why is this so difficult for you people to understand? I know why, because you don't want to stop using it, so you deceive yourselves into believing there is nothing evil about paper money, and then make yourselves believe fantasies concerning the mark of the beast, which in truth it already exists in your very own wallets, which you fail to perceive deliberately. So dumb and ignorant. True are the scriptures that speak of you people, "my people die for lack of knowledge" and "because you have rejected knowledge I have rejected you".
Let's look at the reality of it all. Right now, just with their signature and their bank account number, anyone can go get literal fiat money out of their bank account. The day is coming when all fiat cash will be outlawed, and all will have to go digital.
They will declare the form of ID required, and it will no longer be by your signature, but rather by an "invisible digital tattoo" on your right hand. If not, then you will be told by your bank "access denied".
In order to buy or sell:
The name of the beast will be required for governments.
The number of the beast will be required for businesses.
The mark of the beast will be required for individuals.