What to do when you are beyond repentance?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I find that deep repentance again? I've pursued Christ in his word and through prayer to no avail. I don't know what to do.
I would suggest being diligent in seeking the Lord in His word and in regularly praying to Him to grant you repentance.

In Matthew 7:7-8, the gist of the passage means to keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking.

Diligence is a word often repeated in the holy scriptures. I would say that its most important appearance is in Hebrews 11:6.

Believe that He is and that He will reward you if you diligently seek Him.

Jesus said, him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. (John 6:37b)

Try believing that scripture; and come to Him expecting Him to receive you.

Read Romans chapter 10; and if there is anything that you haven't done that that passage says to do, I would suggest doing it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are few things I have been more sincere about in my life. I wish I was trolling...
Unfortunately, I can't produce Holy Spirit wrought faith out of my flesh. But think what you will.

It's not about our flesh. It's about our spirit. God seeks us to worship Him in spirit and in Truth, as God is a Spirit (John 4:24).

johanna

Sep 13, 2022
Rotterdam
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
So I made a post some time ago looking for wisdom about whether my sin had killed me spiritually.

If you care to read the post, here it is:
Has my sin killed me spiritually? Loss of salvation

I have come to determine with a great level of certainty that my heart has hardened past the point of repentance due to continued sin. I feel no brokenness or conviction over my sin nor do I have the desires of the Lord anymore. I find no ability to turn away from sin from a heart level like I once did. All that I am left with is severe fear of my future condemnation. As I read Hebrews, I see that my life now matches up perfectly with Hebrews 6:4, as well as Hebrews 10:26. I have spent time consulting with my pastor and other believing friends. They seem to believe that I am still a believer, but I sincerely disagree. I think they are coming around though.

As I have come to the conclusion that I am beyond repentance, my question is what is the best thing for me to do next. I cannot spend my life walking in apostasy creating greater condemnation for myself upon my death. Life is too much to live apart from Christ. There is no meaning to life other than Christ and there is no joy apart from him. I cannot continue with life apart from Christ. However, I see no other way to handle the situation other than suicide. Does anyone have any better suggestions or wisdom to give?

I know some of you may land in a more reformed camp like I once did, but there is no denial that someone can become like those mentioned in Hebrews. I have become one. What then do I do now?
So I made a post some time ago looking for wisdom about whether my sin had killed me spiritually.

If you care to read the post, here it is:
Has my sin killed me spiritually? Loss of salvation

I have come to determine with a great level of certainty that my heart has hardened past the point of repentance due to continued sin. I feel no brokenness or conviction over my sin nor do I have the desires of the Lord anymore. I find no ability to turn away from sin from a heart level like I once did. All that I am left with is severe fear of my future condemnation. As I read Hebrews, I see that my life now matches up perfectly with Hebrews 6:4, as well as Hebrews 10:26. I have spent time consulting with my pastor and other believing friends. They seem to believe that I am still a believer, but I sincerely disagree. I think they are coming around though.

As I have come to the conclusion that I am beyond repentance, my question is what is the best thing for me to do next. I cannot spend my life walking in apostasy creating greater condemnation for myself upon my death. Life is too much to live apart from Christ. There is no meaning to life other than Christ and there is no joy apart from him. I cannot continue with life apart from Christ. However, I see no other way to handle the situation other than suicide. Does anyone have any better suggestions or wisdom to give?

I know some of you may land in a more reformed camp like I once did, but there is no denial that someone can become like those mentioned in Hebrews. I have become one. What then do I do now?

Hello, How are you doing now? I am curious.. i dont know if you are still using this site?