Yeah, we see that, even here, a lot.
But in general, in churches, in the Christian community...it's like most have just settled in for the worldly church experience, just happy to have that salvation card in their pocket. It's what boredom looks like under a veil of facebook-style facade. Many hearts are in the right place and well intended...but what do you do when Jesus is still coming "someday" but not today? You get use to it and settle into whatever is comfortable. I guess that is understandable.
But Jesus told the thief on the cross, "today", not someday. And He also sent the Holy Spirit for "someday", and that "today" began at Pentecost and has continued--I would venture to say--every "today" since. And what did He also say? "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Which was Him returning after He first went to the Father--and that too has come "today" ever since. But who that has Christ in them will say, "He returned in the flesh--mine, my flesh--but in the spirit?"
And we're bored, twiddling our thumbs, playing church, singing and carrying on about "someday?" Wow!
...That's why I said we have our priorities all wrong.