"What Will Hell...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the movie "Shawshank Redemption" a man is given two life sentences for
murders he didn't commit. At first he feels very strongly that the truth will
come out that he's innocent and doesn't belong in prison: he expects to
eventually be exonerated and set free.

Well, one of the old-timers cautioned him about that with the advice: "Hope
is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's no use on the inside.
You'd better get used to that idea."

I'd imagine that most new arrivals in Hell take quite a while to get used to
the idea that it is what it is, i.e. they're never getting out.

Were Hell a normal penal colony like San Quentin or Riker's Island; then I
think most folks would eventually settle down and accept it as a way of life.
But the element of fire makes adjustment very difficult. If only there was at
least some water to help folks beat the heat, that would be very helpful. And
maybe recreation and/or something to occupy their minds like reading,
writing, art, and construction projects. I really don't know how people keep
from running mad with insanity from mental atrophy down there. And where
do they sit down; on top of each other?
_

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is done and over with according to Revelation 20.
Thanks, appreciate your input - Only IF Rev 20 occurred in 70AD?

We see In Scripture that God's Evidence Shows He Has the following prophecies to be
fulfilled, which are still yet future:

1) The End of God's Current Dispensation Of Grace, At (NO signs) 'rapture'
Conclusion to God's Great GRACE Departure! ←←←←←←←←← (aka)​
Mystery/Grace/Heavenly Body Of Christ
Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)​

Prophecy/Covenants/law/earthly Israel and the nations​

2) The Seventieth Week of Daniel (Daniel, Matthew, Revelation), Ending with
The prophesied (Several Signs) Second Coming Of Christ (see above 'link')​

3) 1000 years (Millennium) (Revelation 20:4)

4) The Final resurrection/Judgment (Great White Throne) of ALL UNbelievers "not found
Written In The Lamb's Book Of Life!" (Revelation 20:11-15)​

Only Then will This Occur just Before God's "New heaven and New earth!" (Revelation 21:1):

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire." (v 14) = ''Done and Over," Correct?​
----------------------------
Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And Further Encouragement And Edification
In His [Mostly Literal] Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided (+ I and II)!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell.

A future event:

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, appreciate your input - Only IF Rev 20 occurred in 70AD?

We see In Scripture that God's Evidence Shows He Has the following prophecies to be
fulfilled, which are still yet future:

1) The End of God's Current Dispensation Of Grace, At (NO signs) 'rapture'
Conclusion to God's Great GRACE Departure! ←←←←←←←←← (aka)​
Mystery/Grace/Heavenly Body Of Christ
Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)​

Prophecy/Covenants/law/earthly Israel and the nations​

2) The Seventieth Week of Daniel (Daniel, Matthew, Revelation), Ending with
The prophesied (Several Signs) Second Coming Of Christ (see above 'link')​

3) 1000 years (Millennium) (Revelation 20:4)

4) The Final resurrection/Judgment (Great White Throne) of ALL UNbelievers "not found
Written In The Lamb's Book Of Life!" (Revelation 20:11-15)​

Only Then will This Occur just Before God's "New heaven and New earth!" (Revelation 21:1):

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire." (v 14) = ''Done and Over," Correct?​
----------------------------
Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And Further Encouragement And Edification
In His [Mostly Literal] Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided (+ I and II)!
Yeah no I don’t subscribe to futurism.

Did you know that considering the victory of Jesus, and the wrath of God destroying the temple of Jerusalem for the last and final time; that the Jewish Age which had the old covenant was done away with?

Well that brings in a new heaven and new earth where all people are able to enter into a state where they are made right with God and go on to live new lives looking for a heavenly home. By having faith and looking towards Christ and being dead with him and also raised with him by the spirit.

Anyway people believe what they want; I don’t care.

If I hate you that is a problem.

• Sad
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is done and over with according to Revelation 20.

A remarkable cosmological event introduces the scene depicted by Rev
20:11-15.

"The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide."

Now, I don't exactly know what that describes but it seems to me something
so colossal as to be impossible to miss and yet it is nowhere mentioned in
history.

Also, at the close of the scene, a new cosmos is brought into existence.
Well; where is it? If what you say is true, that cosmos should be here but it
isn't.

Also; all liars should've been transferred to the lake of fire, yet we still have
liars where liars are not supposed to be.
_

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe as you will people will always anyway. May the spirit guide to truth.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 6:7 . .We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can
carry nothing out.

We all walk a strange path. On the one hand we have to be ready to
leave this life on a moment's notice, while on the other hand ready for a
long stay, i.e. live like there's no tomorrow, and yet live like there are years
to come.

Those two dissimilar expectations balance each other so that we don't live to
extremes in either direction: always keeping in mind that as we came into
this world empty-handed we will leave it empty-handed. So everyone should
be prepared to suffer the loss of every cherished personal item in their
possession that they hold dear; along with every project and every
endeavor.
_

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Overall what seems interesting to me at least is the overall perspective a person can have when it comes down to using the Bible. Of course, from my personal perspective, the scripture can be read from an earthly standard, but also from a spiritual standard which out does the earthly; even earthly wisdom.

If you grew up and people told you God sends people to hell, but you never invest age that claim throughly then what you may have heard may or not be true.

The truth is everyone went to hell from Adam to Jesus Christ. And Jesus came to set people free from this place and punishment was given by God and eventually Hell is said to be done away with according to the scripture.

What happens though is that people take the scripture and apply it to themselves without the merit of the actual authors or the actual audience which is detrimental in the learning of the scripture; not always just reading the scripture but seeing the audience and the times and the surroundings of the times of the people that are writing these accounts.

Just about every letter has an audience addressed and they mostly was to gentile and Jewish believers to encourage them during their own trials and sufferings; and to wait and watch to see for the Lords return.

Without that information and just going on hearsay people will always continue to say the Lords returning soon; and the wrath of God abides on People and they are going straight to hell.

Without considering the audience of that time including even those people written in revelation about things that were soon to come to pass.

It’s all perspective you can continue to believe people are sent to hell; it’s not a salvation issue.

But from mine own I see as Jesus had promised and did come to save those people in that day when things were highly terrible for Christians and the besiege of Jerusalem; in which was promised to also come as well.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FAQ: Do people in Hell have immortality?

REPLY: No; when people pass on, they leave their bodies behind.

FAQ: Do people in Hell have eternal life?

REPLY: No; eternal life is a gift from God to folks who've bought into the
gospel.

FAQ: If so that people in Hell have neither immortality nor eternal life, then
how can it be possible their conscious suffering is perpetual?

REPLY: The afterlife is something about which I know very little.

However, we know from Isaiah 14:4-20 and Luke 16:19-31 that folks on the
other side are conscious, sentient, and recognizable; plus, they exhibit
human characteristics, e.g. Abraham has a bosom, Lazarus has a finger, and
the rich man has a tongue. From all appearances, people over there appear
fully human. Exactly how that is, I don't really know. That world over there
is obviously very different than the world with which I am familiar over here.
_

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if hell is done away with there are no questions. Only speculation.

People live outside the city gates from John had seen.

God must have a good, purposeful use of the lake of fire.

If, that is, God is a good God.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REPLY: No; eternal life is a gift from God to folks who've bought into the
gospel.

FAQ: If so that people in Hell have neither immortality nor eternal life, then
how can it be possible their conscious suffering is perpetual?
Because those who "bought into" or Believed, trusted, and had 100% faith In Christ
And His Gospel Of Grace, According To The Scriptures,
Also believe God's Word Of
Truth About Eternal Condemnation,
without 'questioning' God and His Holiness,
Justice, and Righteous Judgment!

Amen?:

"For My Thoughts Are Not your thoughts, neither are your ways My Ways,
Saith The LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so Are My
Ways Higher Than your ways, and My Thoughts Than your thoughts."​
(Isaiah 55:8)​

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem here with the resurrection of the condemn; do you ever find it amazing that they live outside the city gates of the heavenly Jerusalem, @GRACE ambassador.

Have you ever considered that the possibility of having a job in a sense in which you and others can go out the city and go and see if you can find anyone willingly to turn to God and go through the fire of knowing Christ; which is initiated through faith here today, of course. Only way through the cross and raising again; those experience newness of life; while deniers do not; faithless without God; outside the city.

Which you are dowsed also with Fire. That burns away the darkness.

I just don’t believe in the idea of eternally destroyed or done away with.

That means God has been destroying all unbelievers that have ever died and they aren’t resurrected or living outside the city.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just one more thing; as my apologies who think that what is being said is ludicrous.

Honestly think for a moment that Gehenna was a place always on fire back in the days when Jesus walked around. Dead bodies, and trash were throw in there; even people alive? Possibly people would throw them into “hell”.

Gehenna is an earthly picture of what it is like to be in hell; but the thing is people only have a part of the lake of fire: which are said to be those whom had no faith, even lacking love.

They are never said to be done away with forever as some people may suggest or may try to insinuate.

Hell though what is that? A place where everyone went from Adam to Jesus; Everyone had to go to hell. But why? Because the price of sin had not yet be paid for. Since the sin of Adam: all people became spiritually dead; they, Adam and Eve lost connection with being right there with God in the Garden.

Have you ever considered when Jonah had been three days in the belly of the whale?

That would be a hell of an experience, and recently seen an interview of a man who supposedly got swallowed by a whale then was let go.

Anyway. since the sin being paid for by the Messiah, Jesus had to go the same route as everyone else. He was able to see the thief in paradise I suppose as bodiless souls because of the resurrection not happening yet.

Jesus also was said to go the preach some message to the people who were in Prison, which was also a second section to the first; with a separation between Paradise and Prison.

Now this place held the bodiless souls of believers and those in prison who were condemned and even a lower part where angels which were reserved for judgment.

Therefore after three days God rose Jesus up from the dead (the realm of the dead - hell - Sheol). I believe during this time, after Jesus resurrection perhaps those who had faith from long ago were brought out of Paradise into the new Heavenly Jerusalem which was a promise in which this kingdom would have no end.

Considering all this information; it all boils down to what you are gonna believe about Revelation, which is your very own choice and it does affect the way you look at things in the end.

My choice is to believe in a good God; who will resurrect all people. Believer, non-believer; both are raised from the dead; and God set up the heavenly Kingdom with the inside with those who love God and love others and to have faith in trusting the Father whom sent Jesus. My choice is also to believe that Jesus and his apostles were never lying to the audience they had wrote too.

Because of these thing if Jesus lies about coming again and then never shows up; then the devil is still around, his demons, people are still going to hell, hell is not done away with as the John admits in Revelation 20. And if the Apostles also lied to the people they saw and spoke too…

What is the use in believing them if that is the case is the point I am at now. How can you trust liars?

Do you see how this affects your view? Or even one’s own faith (because we can have our own faith shaken as it is)?

It also breaks down people’s hope though as well; and don’t get me wrong I don’t mind what a person may believe. You wanna believe Jesus is coming go ahead. You wanna believe people are going to hell, go ahead.

These things aren’t a salvation issue in which requires knowing God and the one whom God had sent which leads to salvation to a renewed mind and heart by and through the Messiah, and his Gospel.

So what will you choose to believe?

My choice is on the total victory of Jesus Christ and defeating the devil, hell/Sheol, the devils demons, the false prophet, the beast, and his overcoming of Sin, and paying for all sin for all people, and conquering death.

Last edited:

Vinil Stephen

Jan 6, 2023
Miami Gardens
stephensonboutique.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is a place created by God for those who do Not accept Jesus as The Lord of their lives. In other words hell was created for satan and his accolades, but unfortunately those who deny Christ, choose that place aka hell.

That is the only place where you are free from Jesus Christ. Hope this additional revelation is clear and answers.

So if you're looking for a way to share your faith in a stylish and impactful way, consider getting a Christian t-shirt: click the shop << Stephenson Boutique. You'll be amazed at the conversations it sparks !

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is a place created by God for those who do Not accept Jesus as The Lord of their lives. In other words hell was created for satan and his accolades, but unfortunately those who deny Christ, choose that place aka hell.

That is the only place where you are free from Jesus Christ. Hope this additional revelation is clear and answers.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board. Thanks for the input.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
! (+ I and II!)

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just one more thing; as my apologies who think that what is being said is ludicrous.

Honestly think for a moment that Gehenna was a place always on fire back in the days when Jesus walked around. Dead bodies, and trash were throw in there; even people alive? Possibly people would throw them into “hell”.

Gehenna is an earthly picture of what it is like to be in hell; but the thing is people only have a part of the lake of fire: which are said to be those whom had no faith, even lacking love.

They are never said to be done away with forever as some people may suggest or may try to insinuate.

Hell though what is that? A place where everyone went from Adam to Jesus; Everyone had to go to hell. But why? Because the price of sin had not yet be paid for. Since the sin of Adam: all people became spiritually dead; they, Adam and Eve lost connection with being right there with God in the Garden.

Have you ever considered when Jonah had been three days in the belly of the whale?

That would be a hell of an experience, and recently seen an interview of a man who supposedly got swallowed by a whale then was let go.

Anyway. since the sin being paid for by the Messiah, Jesus had to go the same route as everyone else. He was able to see the thief in paradise I suppose as bodiless souls because of the resurrection not happening yet.

Jesus also was said to go the preach some message to the people who were in Prison, which was also a second section to the first; with a separation between Paradise and Prison.

Now this place held the bodiless souls of believers and those in prison who were condemned and even a lower part where angels which were reserved for judgment.

Therefore after three days God rose Jesus up from the dead (the realm of the dead - hell - Sheol). I believe during this time, after Jesus resurrection perhaps those who had faith from long ago were brought out of Paradise into the new Heavenly Jerusalem which was a promise in which this kingdom would have no end.

Considering all this information; it all boils down to what you are gonna believe about Revelation, which is your very own choice and it does affect the way you look at things in the end.

My choice is to believe in a good God; who will resurrect all people. Believer, non-believer; both are raised from the dead; and God set up the heavenly Kingdom with the inside with those who love God and love others and to have faith in trusting the Father whom sent Jesus. My choice is also to believe that Jesus and his apostles were never lying to the audience they had wrote too.

Because of these thing if Jesus lies about coming again and then never shows up; then the devil is still around, his demons, people are still going to hell, hell is not done away with as the John admits in Revelation 20. And if the Apostles also lied to the people they saw and spoke too…

What is the use in believing them if that is the case is the point I am at now. How can you trust liars?

Do you see how this affects your view? Or even one’s own faith (because we can have our own faith shaken as it is)?

It also breaks down people’s hope though as well; and don’t get me wrong I don’t mind what a person may believe. You wanna believe Jesus is coming go ahead. You wanna believe people are going to hell, go ahead.

These things aren’t a salvation issue in which requires knowing God and the one whom God had sent which leads to salvation to a renewed mind and heart by and through the Messiah, and his Gospel.

So what will you choose to believe?

My choice is on the total victory of Jesus Christ and defeating the devil, hell/Sheol, the devils demons, the false prophet, the beast, and his overcoming of Sin, and paying for all sin for all people, and conquering death.

Just one more thought I would like to share; is the question naturally is “if Jesus Christ has come back already, what is your hope?”

The reason the common question comes about is because it is true. What hope is there if Jesus has already come back?

The reality is my hope is not in Jesus returning anymore because I believe him and that generation experienced great terrors upon killing the Son of God, and those looking and waiting during those times, of persecution and the destruction of their heaven and earth; those looking for a new heavenly home anyway; looking to Jesus come. I believe he came and got them during these terrible times. Right before everything literally went up in flames .

They don’t get enough credit as believers who were first people to ever hear about Jesus in that time; though they perhaps heard from the Old Testament of his coming which would bring forth even more of a reality to that Jewish audience that the great and dreadful day of the Lord would come upon them.

Jesus came on a white horse and brought forth the sword with war breaking between those who only sought an earthly kingdom and those who sought an heavenly kingdom. Pestilence and death also came forward, and before Jesus all that awaited people was to go into the realm of the dead to wait resurrection when Sin had been paid for.

Really consider these things, because it brings for the reality of the times of the first Christian’s who experienced seeing the messiah, even those who saw his resurrection. You personally are blessed by believing and never having seen.

And hell is simply the realm of the dead. Everyone went there when they died, even Jesus even if people believe that is blasphemous. Jesus was the begotten of the Father and the first begotten of the dead being raised again.

Sorry for the tangent I haven’t talked about these things in awhile and they are highly important for those who are desirous to consider and ponder on these things and really think about who that Bible was written too, before one ever received their own first bible.

The hope to have is being a child of God, being able to go to be with the family of believers after this because of faith and the work of the Lord Jesus Christ and what he had done for all the world.

To know you are loved and cared for, and that we can forgive our enemies, and do good to those who do you wrong, and to learn to love God and to love others while all the hope is residing in the Son of God; which his blood covers all sins, is capable of making you right with God and you can have peace with him. Having a relationship with the Father, and fellowship with the Son by reading about his life and what others had spoke about him, believing and trusting God is there to help you by the spirit.

It takes faith.

God bless.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone
you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human
being who ever was, lived out their lives.

The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions,
ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero
and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and
peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child,
inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician,
every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history
of our species lived there-- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

(Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot-- on imaging from Voyager 1)

The Earth is a literal death star flying thru space, looping around and around
the Sun many times over and again: a floating graveyard whose soils and
seas are filled with the dead from many centuries stretching back to Abel:
the first of its passengers to return to the dust from whence they came.

Eccl 7:2 . . It is better to spend your time at funerals than at festivals. For
you are going to die, and you should think about it while there is still time.
_

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the old Scottish preacher exclaimed...

1670551881908.png

"
(P Sadler)
This is spiritual extortion. IMHO

Looks like this.
"Receive the free gift of eternal life today. Or if you prefer, you will be incinerated."

It can't be a free gift if the consequence for refusal is eternal damnation.
What's free about that? I mean do you even have to ask? (if those are the only "choices")

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

Amen Jesus!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“An old Scottish preacher had to go past a glass factory each day on his way
to the church. On one occasion he had a little extra time, and since the factory
door was open, he decided to look inside. There before him was a large, blazing
furnace. The minister gazed into the white, blue, and purple mass of liquid
flame, and the intense heat almost seared his face.

As he turned to leave, a workman standing in the shadows nearby overheard
him exclaim, ‘Ho mon! What shall Hell be like!’...
This experience should have revealed to him that God would never do such a thing.
Even humankind has never committed a sadistic crime against humans as heinous as this.
As described, it would make the Holocaust look like a Sunday School picnic.

Imagine human souls burning in agony endlessly with no hope of escape.
Unimaginable horror with no purpose or goal. Eternal punishment for a finite crime.
In what universe is that justice?

The church lied to us about eternal conscious torment.
Jesus taught us to love our enemies. This is godly behavior.
What then should God do with his enemies?
Does he operate at a lower standard than he holds us to?
That's what the church seems to think.

What's wrong with this picture?