What Will The TRIBULATION Look Like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... It's All ABOUT...Set Apart ...

It seems a LOT of Christians want to "cocoon" to avoid some of the tumult. But let me suggest that Jesus stayed the course up to sweating great drops of blood as HE faced the world we live in. And so I'd adjure each and every one who would retreat, to stand firm in every adversity for our GOD is with us.

:)
Bobby Jo

Reactions: pompadour

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems a LOT of Christians want to "cocoon" to avoid some of the tumult. But let me suggest that Jesus stayed the course up to sweating great drops of blood as HE faced the world we live in. And so I'd adjure each and every one who would retreat, to stand firm in every adversity for our GOD is with us.

Bobby Jo
Did you miss taking the stand on the Cross with Christ? Is that why you feel the need to take a stand now? We are not facing the Romans. This world is being judged by God accordingly. If you feel the need to be judged all the way up to the battle of Armageddon, and then think you will live in the New Millennium, at what point do you think you can work outside of God's Will, when even Satan cannot do that? Satan lasted to Armageddon and ends up in sheol for 1000 years. Those alive at the end of the 42 months end up all being on Satan's side of God's wrath. Even the two witnesses are taken back to heaven before the battle of Armageddon. Why do people think they can trick God and escape His judgment by staying outside of God’s plan?

It seems that "post" hangs on a couple of tenuous verses, taken out of context. Missing several resurrections and waiting for the GWT, seems like stretching out a "truth" so far, there is nothing left in what was being stretched.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo

That's part of the 24-7 FEAR showmanship of patsys and minions.

Handily orchestrated, mobs, black clothes, hoods, masks, roaming the streets at night rioting, threatening, attacking, looting, destroying.

Demoncratic Contolled city officials Praising those people.

Don't presume the Converted who are "not being a public target" are "quiet doormats".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we're NOT in the Tribulation / Yes, we ARE in the Tribulation, -- how do we tell?

• Some assert that WE NEED a Rebuild Temple / Some assert WE ARE the Temple
  • Some assert the Rev. 13 Beast is not here / Some assert the Rev. 13 Beast has been here since 1950
  • Some assert ... and the list goes on ...

But if a person simply considered what CONSTITUTES "tribulation", it might boil down to UNCERTAINTY and CONFUSION as requisites. And if so, using the LEAST reliable PERCEPTIONS, could we at least agree as to SOME INDICATORS, like maybe:

• Defund the Police
  • Shut down your business Constitutional right to Freedom and the Pursuit of Happiness
  • Force a person who has no sign of ILLNESS to wear a "mask"/quarantine
  • Restrict the number of immediate family members allowed to be together
  • Rampant Election Fraud
  • Mobs physically deface and tear down Historical Statues and Monuments
  • Cities taken over by mobs
  • Cities being burned while the Media declare the event as "mostly peaceful"
  • The electronic and print Media converted in to a Political Propaganda machine
  • One Political Party commits crimes and go unpunished
  • A different Political Party falsely accused of crimes and goes to jail.
  • ... and the list goes on ...

It seems to me that Scripture (the Book of Psalms) substantiates the premise where this 19th Book of the Bible is prophetic for the 1900, and the Chapters are prophetic TO THE JEWS for the years, -- such that if someone simply considered whether this Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel; etc. And where a Dishonest person won't even "TRY THE SPIRITS TO SEE OF THE BE OF GOD OR NOT", an Honest person might read that Chapter in context with the Book of Psalms to see if there is a MORE ACCURATE DEPICTION of the events in 1948 or whether those Verses capture that History exactly as it transpired.

And if that Honest person applied MORE History to the respective Chapters, (Note: 1967 "Six Day War" is not explicit because of the decade of Palestinian attacks), -- would that person find similarities in for example the 1991 (Ref. Psalms, Chapter 91) "Desert Storm"; or maybe the 1944 (Ref. Psalms, Chapter 44) Holocaust; etc.?

I ask because some Jews saw the Pre-WWII eminent threat in Europe and fled. But others ignored the "red sky warnings" and PERISHED; and I wonder how many in the church are as the former, versus how many are of the latter; and if the latter, having been warned, are liable for their own blood.

Are any EVEN AWARE; are any PAYING ATTENTION; are any TAKING PRECAUTIONS; and are any MAKING PREPARATIONS? And if not, -- should we?

Bobby Jo

We are in the beginning of sorrows, or the early stages of the labor pains of the tribulation. there is tribulation which the Lord told us we would have to face, but then there is that specific time we call THE TRIBULATION which is also the 70th week of Daniel. We will know we are in that time (for the world, I am an ardent pre tribber) when the Antichrist signs a 7 year covenant with Israel! whether the temple is rebuilt by then or not is unknown but it will be rebuilt in the future.

That whole book of Psalms , # 48 is nice and interesting, but that is very kabbalistic and mystic, when Jesus told us in the Gospels when the world would know when THE 70th week or last 7 years of human history before Jesus returns.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do I appreciate Satan's insanity? Nope.
Not sure if you got my point?
If satan desired to take back the tribulation because he understood that it's God's will, then by taking it back would be the same thing, God's will. No matter what satan does, it falls into the hands of God's will.
Your initial point was meaningless.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Great Tribulation when it will begin

Jesus spoke of an unprecedented “great tribulation” that would come upon Jerusalem and especially of one that would later befall mankind in connection with his future ‘coming with glory.’ (Mt 24:21, 29-31) Paul described this tribulation as a righteous act of God against “those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news” about Jesus Christ.

When answering the question of his disciples concerning the sign of his presence and the conclusion of the system of things, Jesus mentioned a “great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.” (Mt 24:3, 21) As a comparison of Matthew 24:15-22 with Luke 21:20-24 reveals, this had initial reference to a tribulation to come upon Jerusalem. The fulfillment came in 70 C.E., when the city was besieged by the Roman armies under General Titus. This resulted in severe famine conditions and much loss of life. The Jewish historian Josephus relates that 1,100,000 Jews died or were killed, whereas 97,000 survived and were taken into captivity. The temple was completely destroyed. Contrary to the wish of the Roman commander Titus, Roman soldiers set the temple itself on fire. According to Josephus, this took place in the same month and on the same day that the Babylonians had burned the former temple on this site. (2Ki 25:8, 9) The temple destroyed by the Romans has never been rebuilt. Such a “great tribulation” has not occurred again or been repeated upon Jerusalem. Nevertheless, Biblical evidence indicates that the tribulation upon Jerusalem in 70 C.E. pointed forward to a far greater tribulation, one affecting all nations.

Imagine that the nations have just made their long-awaited proclamation of “peace and security.” They may boast that the world has never been so safe. The nations will want us to think that they have the world situation under control. But they have absolutely no control over what will follow! Why not? According to Bible prophecy, “sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, . . . and they will by no means escape.”—1 Thess. 5:3.

Read Revelation 17:5, 15-18. Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, will be destroyed! As mentioned earlier, the nations will have no control over what happens at this point. Why not? Because “God will put it into their hearts to carry out his thought.” What is that thought? To destroy the world empire of false religion, including Christendom. God will put his thought into the hearts of “the ten horns” of the “scarlet-colored wild beast.” The ten horns represent all the political powers that support “the wild beast” which is the United Nations. (Rev. 17:3, 11-13; 18:8) When those political powers turn on false religion, that will mark the beginning of the great tribulation. It will be a truly catastrophic world event.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What Will The TRIBULATION Look Like?"
Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Most "Christians" have no idea of what's just over the horizon! At least those in Amerika.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Don't presume the Converted who are "not being a public target" are "quiet doormats".

I take people at their word, and there's an increase in people proposing and AGREEING that we "separate ourselves from the world", which appears to be be a RETREAT from LIFE. And I've head LOTS of people express that when the BRIGHT LIGHTS strike above a city (Nuclear Detonations) these individuals will "run toward the light", meaning to suffer a QUICK DEATH rather than risk a PROLONGED AGONY of a post apocalyptic existence.

But simple precautions to keep plutonium fallout from entering your lungs, and spraying the plutonium fallout from your roof will minimize radiation exposure. And of course it may help to have a Geiger counter to know when there's a risk.

But survival is a non-starter if we haven't left the cities. :oops:
Bobby Jo

R

Rita

Bobby Jo
Not being funny, but do you know how the above sounds in light of the fact that you are building a cabin miles from where you are now, in order to not face what other will face. You are physically retreating and cocooning yourself in the cabin. Sorry, just made me smile when I read your post !
Couldn’t resist making a comment. ( it’s my crazy British humour, tinged with an element of sarcasm )
Rita

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
N ... You are physically retreating and cocooning yourself in the cabin. Sorry, just made me smile when I read your post !
Couldn’t resist making a comment. ( it’s my crazy British humour, tinged with an element of sarcasm )
Rita

Dearest Rita,

You silly Brit! :rolleyes: Yeah, I'm actually Laughing Out Loud at your QUICK Observation! :D So how do I extricate myself from this one???

Well, one answer is to blame Rev. 18:4; and another is to blame 1 Tim. 5:8; and yet another is to blame Heb. 13:16. But MOST IMPORTANTLY, the Bible says to: "love your neighbor as yourself"; and I'm still working on loving myself. ;)

That must have come from my Scottish ancestry humor. :cool:
With VERY Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: pompadour and Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But survival is a non-starter if we haven't left the cities. :oops:
Bobby Jo

I take the Lord God at His Word.
Which ofcourse Requires to First KNOWING what His Word IS.

I witnessed IN Society, personally, and even on this Forum, express rejection of Gods Word...from people themselves, of both sides, claiming Belief and Claiming Unbelief.

The World is in chaos. Nothing new really, as history reveals.
It's the lightening speed and access and promotion of the whole World all Expressing their beliefs (that was once held within families and communities).

In smaller settings...(families/communities)...
People Chose to Separate THEMSELVES...
Both believers and unbelievers...Shunning, distancing, One from another.

What is NEW, is the Advocacy and Promotion of Pretending it is A GOOD thing we are All Equal and Should Mix and Mingle as a whole People With or Against God.

It is not mysterious to me, of individuals who have chosen to accept and embrace we are Equally the Same.

Scripture is Expressly Clear...
There IS a Division.

Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me is against me;

The World WILL Promote Otherwise.

John 17:
[14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not "of" the world.

People Experience personal Tribulations throughout their lives...
Thefts, relationship heartaches, job losses, house burns, deaths of loved ones, accidents, diseases, blah, blah, no one is immune.

Some have Gods Comfort through such hardships...Some don't.

But a BIG Tribulation is Coming.
And the LEAD IN TO THAT BIG Tribulation, is already well known, is increased...Hate, Division, Forced Oppression Plans, blah, blah AS IS At the Door RIGHT NOW.

Prepare...Yes
As it is has always been a Man's Place to prepare For HIS family.

BE Affraid...No
Let NOT your HEART be Troubled.
That is Specific.
Your Heart is Where your Quickened "spirit" is.
Your Mind is Where your Logical Thoughts are, to Listen to Evil plans brewing and prepare for the Oppression being exposed.

Gods BIG Tribulation ...comes AFTER Evil shows itself, oppressed.

The Big Tribulation is The Revealing of...
The Lords Anger, via His Wrath.
Rev 6:16

The anti-Christ's Anger, via his wrath.
Rev 12:12

Gods Anger and Indignation, via His Wrath.
Rev 14:10

Individuals KNOW their standing With or Without The Lord God...

The Big Tribulation...begins with The Lords Anger revealed via His Wrath...

Every Converted (IN Christ) person who Knows the Truth...Knows the Lord God is NOT Angry with the Converted, and HAS NOT Appointed them to WRATH.

Thus, let NOT your heart (Quickened spirit) be Troubled. Let no man steal your Joy. In season, out of season, Choatic World, people OF the world...God is in Control.

And absolutely...Loving an Enemy does Not mean Agreeing to follow their path.

While evil lurks, just encouraging a brother to not be too disappointed in the moment. You are already sealed unto the True Outcome.
God Bless,

Taken

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we're NOT in the Tribulation / Yes, we ARE in the Tribulation, -- how do we tell?

• Some assert that WE NEED a Rebuild Temple / Some assert WE ARE the Temple
  • Some assert the Rev. 13 Beast is not here / Some assert the Rev. 13 Beast has been here since 1950
  • Some assert ... and the list goes on ...

But if a person simply considered what CONSTITUTES "tribulation", it might boil down to UNCERTAINTY and CONFUSION as requisites. And if so, using the LEAST reliable PERCEPTIONS, could we at least agree as to SOME INDICATORS, like maybe:

• Defund the Police
  • Shut down your business Constitutional right to Freedom and the Pursuit of Happiness
  • Force a person who has no sign of ILLNESS to wear a "mask"/quarantine
  • Restrict the number of immediate family members allowed to be together
  • Rampant Election Fraud
  • Mobs physically deface and tear down Historical Statues and Monuments
  • Cities taken over by mobs
  • Cities being burned while the Media declare the event as "mostly peaceful"
  • The electronic and print Media converted in to a Political Propaganda machine
  • One Political Party commits crimes and go unpunished
  • A different Political Party falsely accused of crimes and goes to jail.
  • ... and the list goes on ...

It seems to me that Scripture (the Book of Psalms) substantiates the premise where this 19th Book of the Bible is prophetic for the 1900, and the Chapters are prophetic TO THE JEWS for the years, -- such that if someone simply considered whether this Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel; etc. And where a Dishonest person won't even "TRY THE SPIRITS TO SEE OF THE BE OF GOD OR NOT", an Honest person might read that Chapter in context with the Book of Psalms to see if there is a MORE ACCURATE DEPICTION of the events in 1948 or whether those Verses capture that History exactly as it transpired.

And if that Honest person applied MORE History to the respective Chapters, (Note: 1967 "Six Day War" is not explicit because of the decade of Palestinian attacks), -- would that person find similarities in for example the 1991 (Ref. Psalms, Chapter 91) "Desert Storm"; or maybe the 1944 (Ref. Psalms, Chapter 44) Holocaust; etc.?

I ask because some Jews saw the Pre-WWII eminent threat in Europe and fled. But others ignored the "red sky warnings" and PERISHED; and I wonder how many in the church are as the former, versus how many are of the latter; and if the latter, having been warned, are liable for their own blood.

Are any EVEN AWARE; are any PAYING ATTENTION; are any TAKING PRECAUTIONS; and are any MAKING PREPARATIONS? And if not, -- should we?

Bobby Jo

I say not.

To worry about it.

I bought some batteries, and extra flashlights and cat food.

But you're right.

There sure is a lot of strange things happening.

500 fisherman in Senegal came back from the sea with a strange skin illness.

"More than five hundred fishermen in Senegal have contracted a mysterious skin disease after returning from sea, a senior government health official said on Thursday.
The men, who come from several fishing towns around the capital Dakar, have been placed in quarantine for treatment, according to Ousmane Gueye, national director of health information and education.

“It’s a dermatitis associated with an infectious disease,” Gueye told Reuters. “We are checking further and hope to find out soon what it is.”

A ministry of health report dated Nov. 17 said the men had “lesions on their faces, extremities and for some, on their genitals.” It added that the men were also experiencing headaches and showing slightly elevated temperatures.

It said a preliminary investigation showed that the first case was reported on Nov, 12. The 20-year old showed symptoms that included non-generalized vesicular rash, swelling of the face, dry lips and redness of the eyes.

Hundreds Of Fishermen Contract Mysterious Disease In Senegal - Walid Shoebat
EnRgqcWXYAIM70X

Twitter

Now it's over 700 people:

Over 700 people infected with mysterious disease in Senegal

23 hours agoLast Updated: November 20, 2020

Over 700 people infected with mysterious disease in Senegal - Afrinik

And "tribulation" is a big ole all encompassing term.

The point I'm trying to make is that those people in Senegal are not going to be able to blast their way out of a plague with a sword like this:

6-1.jpg

They are going to need Revelation 3:10

"Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.​

That word for from, EK, can also mean during.

So it can be: "I will keep you DURING the hour of trial"

The: "I will keep you" part is all that I need.

But for those who it isn't, this one will hold 6 shells, not like the two from the ones in the old western movies. It goes on sale for $150.00. Probably cheaper than some regular swords.

I was watching an episode of Tombstone Territory where the main actor was saying while most gun fighters might not mind being hit by a pistol, they cringe at the thought of being blasted by a shotgun.

A guy came on unsealed offering his book on kindle for free one weekend. It was not bad. He said the tribulation would be 2029 to 2036 based on two trips of the asteroid Apophis. This he suggests will prove to be the sign of the Son of Man.

I email the guy and tell him in 2019 that the things are happening now. Most people, even the Christians, are walking around like they are in a trbulum of the Matrix. Like they think things are normal but they are not.

I told dude that I think we will all watch the amazing specifications of Apophis take place from the safety of New Jerusalem.

He asked: "are you sure you read the whole book?

Lets rejoice that our names are written in heaven.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is apparent that we find here what is expressed at Proverbs 29:9, when it comes to understanding the Bible and its deep prophecies: "When a wise man enters into a controversy with a fool, there will be ranting and ridicule, but no satisfaction". There is constant arguing over what this or that Scripture(s) means.

This is like what the apostle Paul wrote to Timothy in about 61 C.E.: "Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephʹe·sus when I was about to go to Mac·e·doʹni·a, so I do now, in order for you to command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies. Such things end up in nothing useful but merely give rise to speculations rather than providing anything from God in connection with faith. Really, the objective of this instruction is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy. By deviating from these things, some have been turned aside to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of law, but they do not understand either the things they are saying or the things they insist on so strongly".(1 Tim 1:3-7)

And to top it all off, what was told to Daniel in about 536 B.C.E. concerning the book he wrote down that provided prophecies on the "immense image" at Daniel 2, "the tree that visible to the ends of the earth" and of which seven times passed over it at Daniel 4, the "four beasts" and the "small horn" at Daniel 7, of the "ram" that was trampled down by a "male goat" and of which the same "small horn" is seen again, of the "seventy weeks" (of years) seen at Daniel 9 (that is 490 years starting from 455 B.C.E.), of "a great conflict" (Dan 10:1) between "the king of the south" and "the king of the north" at Daniel 11, and whereby a conclusion of a system of things is brought to our attention at Daniel 12 by "a time distress" (or "great tribulation"), and in which an angel tells Daniel: "As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant" at Daniel 12:4 and then the angel completes this by telling Daniel: "Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end. Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand" at Daniel 12:9, 10.

From Daniel 12:10, only and only "those having insight will understand " what the Bible really teaches. All others will be like what is expressed at Proverbs 18:2: "A stupid person takes no pleasure in understanding; He would rather disclose what is in his heart" or more of an off-the-cuff remark, what his or her personal opinion is, unable to "mentally put the pieces together" through serious and careful research as well as the critical quality of humility before "the only true God", Jehovah, which is the meaning of the Greek word syniemi that Jesus used at Matthew 13 concerning "the Kingdom of the heavens" that he said that only his genuine disciples would grasp.(Matt 13:11, 13-15, 19, 23, 51)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... personal opinion is, unable to "mentally put the pieces together" through serious and careful research ...

How stupid of me. I thought GOD was a logical, informative, and definitive source of information, -- including Prophecy. But now I find out HE's ILLOGICAL, Absent INFORMATION, and INCONCISE in HIS Definitions.

So exactly WHY did GOD waste HIS and OUR time with useless PAPER and INK, if as you imply that all we need is some form of "spiritual insight"?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Or conversely, what is it that YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, but rely on your FALSE TEACHERS who "Have Understanding" that you ignorantly TRUST? And if THEY have COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING that THEY will answer aspects which they DON'T ADDRESS?!?

For example, we all know that the JW's are the ONLY ones that teach Daniel 2 as FIVE world empires, with the FIFTH being "the Coalition Of The Willing". But when asked exactly WHICH NATIONS PARTICIPATE in this "Coalition Of The Willing", -- THEY RUN FROM THE ROOM.

So before you address who's a "wise man" and who's a "fool", shouldn't you FIRST make sure YOU aren't the latter? And to prove which is which, perhaps YOU could detail the SIMPLE world history depicted in Dan. 2?

Bobby Jo :)

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Still can't explain why you throw out Scripture?

2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

"All", except those Verses, Chapters, Books, and/or ENTIRE TESTAMENTS which don't suit @David H. :)

As the knight said, -- "He chose poorly."
Bobby Jo

I think Jesus was speaking directly to His first century disciples here.

He is not talking to us right now 2000 years latter.

It's like Acts 1:7

“It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.
Then He goes on to tell them they will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon them and be His witnesses in Jerusalem and Judea and to the ends of the earth. The Gospels they wrote reached the ends of the earth.

Luke 22:35 is like that. Did Jesus send you or me out without a purse or bag or sandals?

No.

Jesus was speaking to His original disciples. Up until then Jesus was always around, always with them, to keep an eye on them, there to keep them safe. Now Jesus was going to be leaving them. And, with the exception of John, they were all due to die horrific deaths. Remember Jesus' prayer.

"I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

"While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
So I wouldn't worry about stocking up on too many guns and ammo.

I think it's going to be something like pompadour said. The season of the locusts.

Five months.

Jesus said it would be bad, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. Men's hearts are going to fail them for the fear of what is coming on the world for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. This tribulation didn't happen yet.

When it does, I don't think it will last long. I think we are already inside of some of the prophetic time periods. With the great tribulation from Matthew 24:21 being the last 5 months, or maybe the last 12 months prior to the Arival of the Son of Man and our being gathered to Him. This could be the "year" of the Lord's recompense.

"For it is the day of the LORD’s vengeance,
The year of recompense for the cause of Zion.​

I tend to think we are already part ways though Revelation 13, just prior to witnessing the second beast rise from the "earth", and it is this same "earth" from the previous chapter that helped the "woman" after 1260 years of Pay Pal Persecution came to a close in 1798.

So this part here was NOT for Jesus' first century disciples:

"If anyone is to be taken captive,
to captivity he goes;
if anyone is to be slain with the sword,
with the sword must he be slain.
Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
This is for His end time disciples.

Isaac Newton would have loved to see one of our days.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus was speaking directly to His first century disciples here.
He is not talking to us right now 2000 years latter.
It's like Acts 1:7
“It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.
..​

If it's like Acts 1:7, then why does 1 Thess 5:4 speak to us right now 2000 years later:

3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Maybe your theology either defies Scripture, or it supersedes Scripture, or BOTH!
Bobby Jo​

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it's like Acts 1:7, then why does 1 Thess 5:4 speak to us right now 2000 years later:

3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.
Maybe your theology either defies Scripture, or it supersedes Scripture, or BOTH!
Bobby Jo​

It's like Acts 1:7 because just like Luke 22:35, Jesus was speaking directly to His 1st century disciples. Acts 1:7 is not the same as 1 Thessalonians 5:4.

In Acts 1 the disciples asked:

"So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”​

They still didn't understand what was happening. They thought Jesus was going to start the Kingdom of God up right then and there. They were living the line of demarcation, where the Old Time Jews were about to have their Kingdom taken from them, and given to a nation, the new Christian Church, that would bring forth it's fruit. They weren't asking Jesus when the second coming would be.

"He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.​

1 Thessalonians 5:4 is different. Paul says we CAN know. WE shouldn't be in darkness so that day would overtake us like a thief. Paul is not talking about when Old Time Israel is going to be restored, Paul is talking about the Day of the Lord at the end of time. Paul is talking about our time right now. This could start during the holiday season this year. Everyone is saying "stay safe", "be safe". At Christmas time they say "peace on earth".

Peace and safety.

PEACEONEARTH.jpg

stay-home-stay-safe-covid-19-instagram-design-template-7ab6c4df450d6d18838d467d229518ce_screen.jpg

"But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.