1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Will The TRIBULATION Look Like?

Discussion in 'Eschatology & Prophecy Forum' started by Bobby Jo, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Dave Watchman

Dave Watchman Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think Jesus was speaking directly to His first century disciples here.

He is not talking to us right now 2000 years latter.

It's like Acts 1:7

“It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.
    Then He goes on to tell them they will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon them and be His witnesses in Jerusalem and Judea and to the ends of the earth. The Gospels they wrote reached the ends of the earth.

Luke 22:35 is like that. Did Jesus send you or me out without a purse or bag or sandals?

No.

Jesus was speaking to His original disciples. Up until then Jesus was always around, always with them, to keep an eye on them, there to keep them safe. Now Jesus was going to be leaving them. And, with the exception of John, they were all due to die horrific deaths. Remember Jesus' prayer.

"I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

"While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
    So I wouldn't worry about stocking up on too many guns and ammo.

I think it's going to be something like pompadour said. The season of the locusts.

Five months.

Jesus said it would be bad, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. Men's hearts are going to fail them for the fear of what is coming on the world for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. This tribulation didn't happen yet.

When it does, I don't think it will last long. I think we are already inside of some of the prophetic time periods. With the great tribulation from Matthew 24:21 being the last 5 months, or maybe the last 12 months prior to the Arival of the Son of Man and our being gathered to Him. This could be the "year" of the Lord's recompense.

"For it is the day of the LORD’s vengeance,
    The year of recompense for the cause of Zion.​

I tend to think we are already part ways though Revelation 13, just prior to witnessing the second beast rise from the "earth", and it is this same "earth" from the previous chapter that helped the "woman" after 1260 years of Pay Pal Persecution came to a close in 1798.

So this part here was NOT for Jesus' first century disciples:

"If anyone is to be taken captive,
    to captivity he goes;
    if anyone is to be slain with the sword,
    with the sword must he be slain.
    Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
    This is for His end time disciples.

Isaac Newton would have loved to see one of our days.

pompadour likes this.
  2. Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

If it's like Acts 1:7, then why does 1 Thess 5:4 speak to us right now 2000 years later:

3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Maybe your theology either defies Scripture, or it supersedes Scripture, or BOTH!
    Bobby Jo​

3. Dave Watchman

Dave Watchman Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It's like Acts 1:7 because just like Luke 22:35, Jesus was speaking directly to His 1st century disciples. Acts 1:7 is not the same as 1 Thessalonians 5:4.

In Acts 1 the disciples asked:

"So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”​

They still didn't understand what was happening. They thought Jesus was going to start the Kingdom of God up right then and there. They were living the line of demarcation, where the Old Time Jews were about to have their Kingdom taken from them, and given to a nation, the new Christian Church, that would bring forth it's fruit. They weren't asking Jesus when the second coming would be.

"He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.​

1 Thessalonians 5:4 is different. Paul says we CAN know. WE shouldn't be in darkness so that day would overtake us like a thief. Paul is not talking about when Old Time Israel is going to be restored, Paul is talking about the Day of the Lord at the end of time. Paul is talking about our time right now. This could start during the holiday season this year. Everyone is saying "stay safe", "be safe". At Christmas time they say "peace on earth".

Peace and safety.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

4. Bobby Jo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    To All,

It should be abundantly clear that there is NO "Peace On Earth", as satan has unleashed TOTAL WAR against Christianity. And it should also be abundantly clear that the "Wuhan"/"China"/"Covid" Virus is PROPAGANDA.

As such, we're told:

Matt. 15:13 He answered, “Every plant which my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

... and so I have, and will again resume ... :)
    Bobby Jo

5. Guestman

Guestman Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "What will the tribulation look like" ? Jesus established that the major fulfillment of the "great tribulation" is divided into two phases, in which the first phase is the destruction of the religions of the world called Babylon the Great by means of the political "scarlet-colored wild beast" or United Nations through it's "ten horns" or it's member nations (Rev 17:5, 12, 16, 17), and whereby Judaism was seen as the minor prophecy in this regard to be decimated by "the disgusting that causes desolation", the Roman armies, who "violated" the temple by their military presence in 70 C.E. and then the second phase, the "the war of the great day of God the Almighty", called Armageddon, a world situation that places the political governments or "wild beast" (Rev 13:1, 2) against God's Kingdom.(Rev 16:14, 16; Note: The Roman armies under General Titus forced their way into Jerusalem on April 3, 70 and completed it's destruction by August 30, 70 C.E.)

At Matthew 24, in answering a three part question of "Tell us, when will these things be [of Jesus words that "by no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down" regarding the temple, verses 1, 2], and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things ?”, Jesus provides critical insight as to when his invisible "presence" would begin that would eventually lead up to the "great tribulation" by the following first features or indicators: "For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress".(Matt 24:3, 7, 8)

When did "nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom" on a scale as never seen before that began the "pangs of distress" on mankind ? With the outbreak of World War I on July 28, 1914, when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia (due to a Serbian nationalist assassinating the crown prince or archduke, Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary on June 28, 1914), that eventually involved some 93 percent of the earth's population.

This showed that Jesus invisible "presence" had begun, and fulfilled Revelation 6:1, 2 of Jesus as the rider of the "white horse", who was "crowned" king of God's Kingdom at that time, setting off a chain reaction in heaven because he "went out conquering and to complete his conquest", that was followed by a symbolic rider on a "fiery-colored horse" who was granted "to take peace away from the earth so they should slaughter one another".(Rev 6:3, 4; see also Rev 12:5, 7-9, whereby Michael (or Jesus) and his angels fought against Satan and his demonic angels, so that they were forced out of heaven down to the earth, causing great "woe" on the earth, starting World War I)

One of the features of "the sign of Jesus presence" that will lead up to the "great tribulation" (Matt 24:21) is what Jesus said at Matthew 24:14: "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come".

Yes, once the preaching of the "good news of the Kingdom" is completed according to Jehovah God's time table that brings it to an end, then Jesus said: "Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment), then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains".(Matt 24:15)

In 66 C.E., the Roman armies, under the command of Cestius Gallus, came to Jerusalem because of the Jewish revolt against Rome, surrounding it, and made a thrust right up the temple walls. But suddenly, Cestius Gallus withdrew for no apparent reason.

When the Christians saw this withdrawal, they "packed their bags" and left Jerusalem (and fled to Pella, some 70 miles northeast of Jerusalem, a Gentile city on the eastern side of the Jordan river), just as Jesus said to do, for there was only a "window" of about three days before the Jewish zealots returned from slaughtering Cestius Gallus army at Beth-Horon, about 10 miles northwest of Jerusalem, and these would not let anyone leave Jerusalem, saying that they were seeking to side with Rome as traitors.

So, in the minor fulfillment of Jesus prophecy in the 1st century, "the disgusting thing that causes desolation" was the Roman armies, that returned in 70 C.E. under the command of General Titus to finish what Cestius Gallus did not complete.

But the major fulfillment is yet future, though soon to occur. As mentioned at the beginning of the post, the religions of the world called Babylon the Great or "the great prostitute" (Rev 17:1, 2), will be "torn to ribbons" by the political "ten horns" or member nations of the United Nations or "scarlet-colored wild beast".(Rev 17:16, 17; Note: scarlet in ancient times was a symbol of royalty, so that the 196 member nations of the United Nations combined will produce real "royalty" or scarlet as one body for the United Nations to fulfill it's devastating role)

At that time, true worshippers of Jehovah God will rejoice, saying: "Praise Jah ! The salvation and the glory and the power belong to our God, because his judgments are true and righteous. For he has executed judgment on the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her sexual immorality, and he has avenged the blood of his slaves that is on her hands".(Rev 19:1, 2)

So, the major fulfillment of "the disgusting thing that causes desolation" or first phase of "the great tribulation" will be fulfilled through the United Nations upon the false religions of the world so that only one religion or "form of worship" remains, those who serve and honor Jehovah God.(see Rom 10:13 that says: "For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved" as well as 1 Sam 2:30, that says that "those honoring me I will honor, but those despising me will be treated with contempt")

These are attacked by "Gog of the land of Magog" or a coalition of political nations (Eze 38:1, 2, 8, 9) that immediately brings on Jehovah's anger against them(Eze 38:18-23), in conjunction with the rest of the political governments to face off against God's Kingdom, along with the angelic armies, that brings on the second phase of the "great tribulation" and results in their being "crushed" out of existence, so that "not a trace remains".(Dan 2:35, 44; Matt 24:29-31; Rev 19:11-21)

6. Bobby Jo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is a puzzling statement which includes a myriad of unsubstantiated assertions which certainly begs several clarifications:

1. Where did "Jesus" cite any "religion of the world called Babylon"?
    2. Where does any portion of New Testament Scripture associate "religion" with "Babylon"?
    3. Where is the association between a "scarlet ... beast" with the United Nations?
    4. How does the U.N. have "ten horns"?
    5. How do you associate the "ten horns" with U.N. "member nations"?
    ... and this only addresses one half a sentence among 13 paragraphs.
    Bobby Jo

7. n2thelight

n2thelight Well-Known Member

WHERE?

8. n2thelight

Scripture is written to ALL!!!

9. DPMartin

DPMartin Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    that's simple minded thinking. the Lord God of Israel is to the Jews and now to anyone as Paul describes. grafted in to the same promise and faith.

you're actually saying God is so daft He knowingly speaks to that which cannot here and won't listen. sure He sent messengers to Israel when they were rebellious, but He promised Abraham He would stay with them till the end, meaning Abraham's children via Isaac and Jacob. there's no scripture there where the Lord God has a relationship with other peoples and nations unless the Jews were there, is there?

10. Bobby Jo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Bobby Jo said:
    Rampant Election Fraud

... right there under your feet. Don't you see it? You're standing on it, -- the Constitution --, not only allowing others to trample it, but joining them in the process.

Ssatan is orchestrating this entire operation, and his minions Conspire, Preform, Conceal, and Deny.

Are YOU Denying also?!?
    Bobby Jo

11. n2thelight

There is neither Jew nor Gentile when one comes to Christ ,yes it , the Word came first to Israel .
    Also do you even know who Israel is?
    Do you think Israel is made up just of Jew's? Different subject bottom line remains you belong to one tree or the other grafted in or grafted out

So you not knowing whom Israel is ,is simple minded thinking.

12. n2thelight

Take it he(satan) had nothing to do with trumps win 2016 y'all people funny

13. Bobby Jo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Actually he (satan) DID have something to do with the 2016 Election. YOU voted for Hillary!

Good Call. ;)

Now can we get back to the Subject of the TOPIC? :)
    Bobby Jo

14. n2thelight

I think you started the subject and from your opening I think I'm pretty much on subject and topic!!!
    Oh and he(satan) had nothing to do with the election God is and always will be in control

15. n2thelight

'I'm exaggerating a bit': Giuliani's voter fraud admission

You mad it wearing a mask, do you wear a seatbelt?

16. DPMartin

DPMartin Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    but not all are in Christ are they? therefore there is a distinction isn't there? the promise to Abraham is a distinction between the Jew and the gentile of which exists today. so stop trying to utopianize your Christian views as though they are the righteousness of God that all should obey. God makes the distinction between Jew and gentile that all the world can see, and the world makes the distinction between Jew and gentile, and you don't. gee what does that mean?

is it the world and God, not you that has the problem?

17. n2thelight

So you think only Jew's make up Israel? The original 12 tribes?

Bottom line ,we belong to one Tree or the other tree
    Jew's, and not the fake ones over in kenite occupied Israel are no more special than any other

Once in Christ your are Israel

And I really don't understand what you rambling about....

Oh! and yes, not all are in Christ that's why they are called the dead

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  18. Bobby Jo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    To All,

According to the Trump Lawyers, they maintain that Trump will defeat this Fraudulent Election SCAM for a Second Term. Now given the EVERY ATTEMPT BY THE DEMS to Discount, Dismiss, Deter, and Dissuade this President's Administration, from the FAILED Dossier; the FAILED Kavanaugh; the FAILED Impeachment; the FAILED Hostile House; and now the pending FAILED Election Fraud; -- every Tool, every Technique, and every Method of ATTACK has been EMPLOYED and DEFEATED by Trump and Pence. So the only thing remaining is for satan to come out himself at fight against these TWO MEN OF GOD; and satan WILL WIN:

Rev. 11: 7 And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them ...

... at least until they're brought back to life on the third day (3 1/2 days) and will ascend.

And so while some congratulate each other for a presumed Biden Presidency; and some wring their hands at a presumed Biden Presidency; -- I'm simply waiting for the TRUMP Second Term to be declared, so that we can still see the DEMS (presumably Pelosi) give our U.S. Sovereignty to the U.N. which will conclude with Global Thermonuclear War. And the Jesus will Return. :)

... and it's nice that GOD has already scripted not only the roles, but also the outcome.
    Bobby Jo

19. n2thelight

Funniest piece of crap I've read in all my history(20 + years)on this forum.

20. Bobby Jo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    To All,

Be ENCOURAGED:

Matt. 15:13 He answered, “Every plant which my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

Those that throw curses and stones will NOT ESCAPE JUDGEMENT:

1 Kngs 2:44 The king also said to Shim′e-i, “You know in your own heart all the evil that you did to David my father; so the Lord will bring back your evil upon your own head.

We all choose! :)
    Bobby Jo