What Will you do in heaven with your bride

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely nothing, for there are no spouses in heaven.

Matthew 22:28-30
22:28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?" 29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely nothing, for there are no spouses in heaven.

Matthew 22:28-30
22:28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?" 29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
No!! While there will be no new marriages, God has no intention of separating those whom He has joined together as one!

Having watched a number of NDE (near death experiences) People often meet parents and grandparents etal together in Heaven!

Reactions: Helen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No!! While there will be no new marriages, God has no intention of separating those whom He has joined together as one!

Having watched a number of NDE (near death experiences) People often meet parents and grandparents etal together in Heaven!
No, sorry, no one is in heaven right now, they are asleep until judgement day.
You're buying into devil spirits by taking the word of NDE delusional people.
Plus, name me one couple that you think God joined together, I can't think of one, except Abraham & Sara, Isaac & Rebecah, and Jacob & Rachel.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, sorry, no one is in heaven right now, they are asleep until judgement day.
You're buying into devil spirits by taking the word of NDE delusional people.
Plus, name me one couple that you think God joined together, I can't think of one, except Abraham & Sara, Isaac & Rebecah, and Jacob & Rachel.

Interesting non-Biblical theory, but who are these who John saw? Why are they not asleep?

"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,

“Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying,

“Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” Rev 7:9

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hello there.

I gave you a 'like'...because I like your heart :)

But the place that my mum and dad are, I do not believe is yet heaven.
I have seen " The beautiful Garden "...I also have a friend who died and came back...she did not wish to come back...it is so beautiful there ...but I believe that Jesus Christ is the only one who has walked this earth and is now in heaven with his Father and angel hosts...

...."them without us shall not be made perfect.
Plus IF people are already "in heaven" then it must mean that the great day of judgment has passed!! The time is not yet...the day of the testing of our works is not yet here... how can people already be there before The Time.

By the OP I can't see that we are derailing this thread :D

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting non-Biblical theory, but who are these who John saw? Why are they not asleep?

"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,

“Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying,

“Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” Rev 7:9
Very bad exegesis, why is the first passage that you chose to prove your point, first of all, implicit, and secondly, inside the work of a very cryptic and prophetical literary form?
In other words, Thessalonians 4 is the first chapter that you should've referenced. That is the proper hermeneutical practice. It is as didactic as verses come on eschatological issues.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very bad exegesis, why is the first passage that you chose to prove your point, first of all, implicit, and secondly, inside the work of a very cryptic and prophetical literary form?
In other words, Thessalonians 4 is the first chapter that you should've referenced. That is the proper hermeneutical practice. It is as didactic as verses come on eschatological issues.

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." 2 Cor 5:8

Reactions: Waiting on him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." 2 Cor 5:8
Again, another implicit passage. Paul often spoke of being present in spirit with other Churches, but not actually physically being there. It's a figure of speech.

1 Corinthians 5:3-4
5:3. Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present,

The Bible is clear on the logistics of the resurrection. Christ will come with the sound of the trumpet and the dead will rise first to meet him. The word asleep is always used in reference to those dead in Christ. Sleep does not mean animated or vivified, it means dormant and latent. You will only be able to quote implicit passages to prove your point. Chose the didactic or explicit ones first, then use implicit verses only to supplement your argument.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, another implicit passage. Paul often spoke of being present in spirit with other Churches, but not actually physically being there. It's a figure of speech.

1 Corinthians 5:3-4
5:3. Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present,

The Bible is clear on the logistics of the resurrection. Christ will come with the sound of the trumpet and the dead will rise first to meet him. The word asleep is always used in reference to those dead in Christ. Sleep does not mean animated or vivified, it means dormant and latent. You will only be able to quote implicit passages to prove your point. Chose the didactic or explicit ones first, then use implicit verses only to supplement your argument.

So these people John saw were sleep walking??

"I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb" . . “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation. Rev 7:9

And when Paul was taken up into Heaven, he was just there to sleep!!?? Nonsense!! I have read many near death experience account where people meet friends and family in Heaven.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So these people John saw were sleep walking??

"I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb" . . “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation. Rev 7:9

And when Paul was taken up into Heaven, he was just there to sleep!!?? Nonsense!! I have read many near death experience account where people meet friends and family in Heaven.
I equate the Rev. passage with that of Abel, after being murdered, God says that his blood was crying out to him for revenge. It's figurative. Again, you're talking about a very symbolic, prophetical and abstract book. One must stick to, one, eschatological passages that are explicit, and two, that are didactic.
I do not buy into near death experiences, I believe that this is a form of witchcraft and would strongly suggest that you stay away from such devilish nonsense. God never takes someone up to heaven, and then sends them back. There are no new revelations. You are playing with fire I believe.