What would Pete Buttigieg Think, SAY and Do If he ever read 1 Corinthians 6:9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not what I called it, it is what Scripture called it.
And we interpret scripture. Some by the letter, always literally -- some by the spirit. Paul says in one place that all things are lawful but not everything is convenient. He says the Law of Moses no longer applies. Then he makes his own list of sins.

I rely more on what Jesus said to tell me what sin is:

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rely more on what Jesus said to tell me what sin is:
So, in other words, you fall into the error that somehow the words of Jesus in Scripture, which he did not write but were written by others through inspiration of the spirit (just like the rest of Scripture), are somehow more important than the rest of Scripture?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, in other words, you fall into the error that somehow the words of Jesus in Scripture, which he did not write but were written by others through inspiration of the spirit (just like the rest of Scripture), are somehow more important than the rest of Scripture?
I rely on what Jesus said about how to read the Scripture. If properly understood, every word in the Bible is somehow about love.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rely on what Jesus said about how to read the Scripture. If properly understood, every word in the Bible is somehow about love.
o_O I guess that depends on what love you mean, but I think you are pretty off base here and use this as an excuse to ignore what Scripture actually states or what you don't like about it and somehow twist it to either be irrelevant or no longer necessary or means something else.

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering if other people had read 1 Corinthians 6. Is that so outlandish?
I find it absurd to ask the question about Buttigieg as if it applies only to him. It's hypocritical to use a passage from the Bible to attack someone when people you support are as guilty. I guess you don't like that hypocrisy pointed out.

And you are starting to look like you're trolling me in this thread. More hypocritical behavior. Now go tell yourself what a saint Trump is because he's not gay. Those other sins? Don't think about them. Now if he was gay, then we should care.
I didn't start this thread nor brought up Buttigieg's sexual orientation, nor 1Cor 6. I think you are speaking to the wrong poster.
Trolling you? I simply brought up the fact that you were side-tracking the thread and from there I only responded to your posts quoting me.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
o_O I guess that depends on what love you mean, but I think you are pretty off base here and use this as an excuse to ignore what Scripture actually states or what you don't like about it and somehow twist it to either be irrelevant or no longer necessary or means something else.
By love, I mean following the Golden Rule.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't start this thread nor brought up Buttigieg's sexual orientation, nor 1Cor 6. I think you are speaking to the wrong poster.
Trolling you? I simply brought up the fact that you were side-tracking the thread and from there I only responded to your posts quoting me.
Have you posted your opinion on the subject of this thread? If you did, I missed it. Your participation in this thread, so far as I can see, has been to criticize me. It looks like trolling to me. I just checked -- you said nothing about Buttigieg.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then no, the Bible is about a whole lot more than the Golden Rule.
I know nothing else that it is about. If all the Torah and Prophets are about that, why wouldn't the rest of it be? Do you think the Old Testament was all about loving each other but the New Testament isn't?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you posted your opinion on the subject of this thread? If you did, I missed it. Your participation in this thread, so far as I can see, has been to criticize me. It looks like trolling to me. I just checked -- you said nothing about Buttigieg.
I was reading the thread in interest until you came along with your TDS.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="CovenantPromise, post: 675324, member: 8365"
....the fact that he (Trump) is for the "3 Abrahamic" religions as I point out , he denies the divinity of Christ [/QUOTE]

Without evidence your so called "Facts" are simply your accusatory opinions...and frankly repeating yourself is a bore.

Glory to God,
Taken

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="CovenantPromise, post: 675324, member: 8365"
....the fact that he (Trump) is for the "3 Abrahamic" religions as I point out , he denies the divinity of Christ

Without evidence your so called "Facts" are simply your accusatory opinions...and frankly repeating yourself is a bore.

Glory to God,
Taken[/QUOTE]
Well you know I always back up my claims with proof. Clearly you did not pay attention to the news after he was elected. He went to Europe and the Middle East and Italy . Before he went to an American air base in Sicily off course he visited the "pope".
Friday, May 26
On the final leg of his trip, Trump visited Italy’s Sicilian coast for a two-day G-7 summit.

The Group of Seven is comprised of the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United Kingdom. Its leaders were expected to discuss global economic issues and problems such as the Syrian civil war and the fight against ISIS.

In the evening, Trump and his wife attended a concert of the La Scala Philharmonic Orchestra.

Italy Taormina May 25–27 President Trump attended the 43rd G7 summit.[70][97] and addressed troops stationed at the Naval Air Station Sigonella, where he stayed overnight.[98] He also held bilateral meetings with German chancellor Angela Merkel and Japanese prime minister Shinzō Abe. Trump attended a concert by La Scala Philharmonic Orchestra at the Ancient theatre of Taormina.[99]
10mins and 27 seconds in he clearly says he visited three holy sites of the three Abrahamic religions. Not that you know about truth, but no holy anointed person of God would say that . as I said he did say it and here is the proof. I have a lot more things to prove my point.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the moral lecture. I'm sure you feel morally superior and entitled to try to preach at me.

Why get so fidgety when I talk about Trump's lies? Do you want a world where Trump supporters can criticize Democrat candidates, but no one can criticize Trump? That strikes me as hypocritical. It also doesn't seem to be following the Golden Rule. If you crave a world where no one challenges your views, stick with "conservative radio talk shows."

I was wondering if other people had read 1 Corinthians 6. Is that so outlandish?
I find it absurd to ask the question about Buttigieg as if it applies only to him. It's hypocritical to use a passage from the Bible to attack someone when people you support are as guilty. I guess you don't like that hypocrisy pointed out.

And you are starting to look like you're trolling me in this thread. More hypocritical behavior. Now go tell yourself what a saint Trump is because he's not gay. Those other sins? Don't think about them. Now if he was gay, then we should care.

Would you stop whining?

Look who whined the loudest. LOL

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think to OT or the NT is all about loving each other. Scripture doesn't say that either.
What else could it be about? God is Love.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22:37 is more explicit saying "all" the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What else could it be about? God is Love.

Matthew 22:37 is more explicit saying "all" the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

It says they hang on it, it doesn't say that is all there is.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said:

Glory to God,
Taken

Well you know I always back up my claims with proof.

Nope!

Clearly you did not pay attention to the news after he was elected.

Clearly, you have made many statements, claimed they were FACTS and provided no source for your claims.
^ That has NOTHING to do with what I DO or do NOT do!

He went to Europe and the Middle East and Italy .

Okay.

but no holy anointed person of God would say that . as I said he did say it and here is the proof. I have a lot more things to prove my point.

So, He said he visited sites of the "3 Abrahamic religions" .... So what?

YOU STATED Your POINT/CLAIM.. --->

no holy anointed person of God would say that...

Now explain YOUR POINT/CLAIM...--->

Why would...?

no holy anointed person of God would say that...

Glory to God,
Taken