What would Pete Buttigieg Think, SAY and Do If he ever read 1 Corinthians 6:9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROFL!!! Lies??? or just Fake news for those suffering from a bad case of Trump derangement syndrome!!!!

Reactions: historyb

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the news and draw your own conclusions. Of course, if you don't want to believe he lies, you can restrict your news to "conservative" sources. I try to get news from all sides.

But ofcourse anyone can decide their own sources and conclude their own opinions.

You baffled me there. Perhaps we're on different planets.

Post # 10. Your post, Your words.

I must be deranged.

Did you lie?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But ofcourse anyone can decide their own sources and conclude their own opinions.

Post # 10. Your post, Your words.

Did you lie?
You do not understand sarcasm? People were talking about Trump Derangement Syndrome, implying I must be deranged, so I sarcastically said what they were implying.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seek and ye shall find. I don't feel like getting into a pointless and tedious argument about it. If you haven't spotted any lies from him, then you haven't. It's not my job to try to change your mind. (I am still waiting for those tax returns he promised to released.) Try this link from Google if you want to find out about what some people say about it.

trump lies - Google Search

It was Your claim, Trump Lies.
I asked You for one Example.

And you give me a Link?

Why do you MAKE your own claims, but then want me to go somone OTHER than YOU to answer YOUR claim?

Bizarre!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand sarcasm? People were talking about Trump Derangement Syndrome, implying I must be deranged, so I sarcastically said what they were implying.

Yes people were talking ABOUT Trump.
You made a statement...claiming Trump Lies.
You Brought Up Lies.
You made a statement...saying you must be deranged.

Did you LIE?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was Your claim, Trump Lies.
I asked You for one Example.

And you give me a Link?

Why do you MAKE your own claims, but then want me to go somone OTHER than YOU to answer YOUR claim?

Bizarre!
Don't be lazy. If you never heard about Trump's promise to release his tax returns and his failure to do so, try reading the news. I'm not your mother.

Ha, ha, is Mexico paying for that wall?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be lazy.

Don't be a hypocrite.

If you never heard about Trump's promise to release his tax returns

Trump has no legal obligation (and neither do I) to give his tax returns to Congress or the Public!

Are you unfamiliar with the Consitutional provision of privacy of your papers?

and his failure to do so, try reading the news.

Why should he? And why is anyone demanding he should? Did the demands come from ELECTED OFFICIALS....who swear an oath to UPHOLD the US Constitution?
Try reading the Constitution.

I'm not your mother.

Uh huh, God has blessed me, that you are not my mother!

Ha, ha, is Mexico paying for that wall? ROFL!

Ha ha ha, as Trump said cut their aid and appropriate the funds toward the wall.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.====This is the eternal living Words of God!!!
He has apparently IGNORED that portion of Scripture ;)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be a hypocrite.

Trump has no legal obligation (and neither do I) to give his tax returns to Congress or the Public!

Are you unfamiliar with the Consitutional provision of privacy of your papers?

Why should he? And why is anyone demanding he should? Did the demands come from ELECTED OFFICIALS....who swear an oath to UPHOLD the US Constitution?
Try reading the Constitution.

Uh huh, God has blessed me, that you are not my mother!
No one said a thing about the privacy of papers or legal obligations. He promised to release his tax returns and didn't. Life can be so simple if we don't try to dodge facts and change the subject. He lied.

[QUOTE}Ha ha ha, as Trump said cut their aid and appropriate the funds toward the wall.[/QUOTE]That wouldn't be having them pay for it. It's not how it got done anyway. No, he took money appropriated for the military to do it. Don't you read the news? The House voted not to allow him to do it, but the Senate didn't care.

Trump’s use of military money for border wall survives Senate test

The Senate voted Thursday to sustain President Donald Trump’s veto of Democratic-sponsored legislation reversing his raid of military base project money to pay for the U.S.-Mexico border wall.

The 53-36 vote was well short of the two-thirds required to overturn the veto. The vote mirrored ones last month and in March in which a number of Republicans broke with Trump in defending lawmakers’ power of the purse. The military projects in question included base schools and target ranges.

In February, Trump declared the security situation along the border a national emergency. That decision enabled him to take up to $3.6 billion from such projects to finance wall construction beyond the miles that lawmakers have been willing to fund.

First he said the wall would be of concrete. Now we find out he lied about that too. Smugglers are sawing through sections of the wall that's been built.

Some comedy about it:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I see this thread is going downhill fast....

Meanwhile, back at the OP, the answer is likely here:
What does 1 Corinthians 6:9 say — and mean? – Queer Grace

It's refutable, but admittedly the Greek wording used in 1 Corinthians 6:9 (οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖταi) are used so rarely outside the NT, the latter in particular, that it makes refuting the argument a bit tough. Granted the etymology lends itself to suggesting reference to homosexuality, but pinning down the term through extra-Biblical sources is virtually impossible. The Romans text is the one early church writers instead focused on as condemning homosexuality as a sin; one God gives the unrighteous over to.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meanwhile, back at the OP, the answer is likely here:
What does 1 Corinthians 6:9 say — and mean? – Queer Grace

It's refutable, but admittedly the Greek wording used in 1 Corinthians 6:9 (οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖταi) are used so rarely outside the NT, the latter in particular, that it makes refuting the argument a bit tough. Granted the etymology lends itself to suggesting reference to homosexuality, but pinning down the term through extra-Biblical sources is virtually impossible. The Romans text is the one early church writers instead focused on as condemning homosexuality as a sin; one God gives the unrighteous over to.
Yeah, I say that people have a POTENTIAL argument when trying to refute LGBT as sin in 1 Corinthians, but they don't have a prayer of a chance against it in Romans 1.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How'd we get off Buttigieg and onto Trump? (ADT? lol)
DEFLECTION!
People who live in glass houses should not throw bricks. I love it when Trump supporters want to attack the character of other people.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I say that people have a POTENTIAL argument when trying to refute LGBT as sin in 1 Corinthians, but they don't have a prayer of a chance against it in Romans 1.
Romans 1 has its problems. It talks about men burning with lust for each other. What about men who love each other and use sex to show it?

Another problem posed is that Romans 1 says God gives people up to it. If that is true, would it be right to pray for them to change?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said a thing about the privacy of papers or legal obligations. [/OUOTE]

And...why not? Why the weeks and weeks of Trump's tax returns Democrat Reps wondering, asking, and pseudo news item?

It's NUNYA...none of your or anyone else's business.

He promised to release his tax returns and didn't. Life can be so simple if we don't try to dodge facts and change the subject. He lied.

You cut his statement short of the Truth.
He said he would release his tax returns WHEN?

Why he wouldn't just simply say, None of your or any one else's Business, would have been IMO more appropriate.

That wouldn't be having them pay for it. It's not how it got done anyway. No, he took money appropriated for the military to do it. Don't you read the news? The House voted not to allow him to do it, but the Senate didn't care.

You talk about appropriated money being re-appropriated....then say, that is not how it is done!

The Senate voted Thursday to sustain President Donald Trump’s veto of Democratic-sponsored legislation reversing his raid of military base project money to pay for the U.S.-Mexico border wall.

The 53-36 vote was well short of the two-thirds required to overturn the veto. The vote mirrored ones last month and in March in which a number of Republicans broke with Trump in defending

.........lawmakers’ power of the purse....

Do you comprehend, the LAWMAKERS control the purse? NO MONEY is appropriated without the LAWMAKERS consent!

In February, Trump declared the security situation along the border a national emergency. That decision enabled him to take up to $3.6 billion from such projects to finance wall construction beyond the miles that lawmakers have been willing to fund.

And what about it? The border IS A NATIONAL DISASTER, when MILLIONS of Illegal aliens are entering and IN the US, being a burden on Americans and taking JOBS, while Americans citizens are collecting UNEMPLOYMENT, Welfare, Food stamps, freebie this and that are Burdens on the American WORKERS.

First he said the wall would be of concrete. Now we find out he lied about that too. Smugglers are sawing through sections of the wall that's been built.

So? Obviously you are naive and think Trump does not confer with Experts on their opinion and take it at face-value, to see if an idea will work or not.

Some comedy about it:

I find nothing funny about trying to come up with solutions for a nation plagued with nitwits who want the news before it happens, and complains if an idea doesn't pan out.

Haven't you ever had an idea and then gained more information for something that might be more suitable or sustainable?

And what is your bright solution idea for illegal aliens flooding in the US?

And where are your tax returns posted for everyone to read?

And how much money do you have in your wallet and bank account?

Last edited:
B

brakelite

That smugglers are sawing through the fence/wall indicates the wall is necessary, apart from any considerations re illegal immigrants, child trafficking etc. Saying 'we will build a concrete wall' then being blocked from doing so doesn't make it a lie. We all say we shall do this and that, but have plans scuppered. Are we all liars?
Sure, Trump exaggerates often, but he's a salesman. All politicians are salesmen, and exaggerate. I hear more lies coming from democrats than from Trump. The 'fake news' we read from the left media... Are they not lies? The hypocrisy is astounding.

Reactions: Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
GISMYS-7 said
What would Pete Buttigieg Think, SAY and Do If he ever read 1 Corinthians 6:9

I say,
What others think is not your business. .....be mindful of what you think say and do!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1 has its problems. It talks about men burning with lust for each other. What about men who love each other and use sex to show it?

I think the answer to this, Giuliano, is that they are loving each other a little too much when they are considering taking it to a sexual level, and that at that point (even if they have not committed the act yet) they are burning with lust for each other.
Another problem posed is that Romans 1 says God gives people up to it. If that is true, would it be right to pray for them to change?

Certainly. It says God gave them up to those things after they turned from worshipping Him to worshipping false gods, and at that point they would no longer listen to Him, so He had no choice but to give the Gentiles up to it. But praying for them can definitely have an effect, as it can cause them to turn back to listening to the True and Living God, and potentially to saving grace.