What would Pete Buttigieg Think, SAY and Do If he ever read 1 Corinthians 6:9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we can't make decisions for them. It's other people's right to make decisions for themselves.

Correct. And people make decisions based only Two things;
1) the extent/limit of what they know
2) what they trust

People praying for others is them asking God to put knowledge and trust in the path of the other persons life.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: theophilus

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the reason given for that? You think gay sex doesn't involve the sex urge?

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
I didn't say that, but remember, you are the one trying to make the argument about love and homosexual relations with love. That is still against the natural order. It is still sin plain and simple.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dodging. Trump lied. You want to talk about anything except the facts.

Lie. I did not dodge, but addressed you directly.

Now you want to talk about whether I lied when I was being sarcastic. Sorry if you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer and can't recognize self-deprecating humor and sarcasm. Sharpen up. Your calling me names over your failure to recognize sarcasm when you see it doesn't make you look that bright.

I recognize sarcasm, jokes, tales....
Do YOU recognize whatever that comes out of your mouth that you know is NOT TRUE, is you willfullyly LYING?

You can give the Carnal Excuse...but it does not change the FACT 'YOU LIED" nearly in the same breath YOU call Trump a liar...

No need to get all snarky...
You should have some expectation of hypocracy being pointed out, on a Christian based forum.

And if that bothers you, there are plenty of anti-Trump forums you can a pat on the back for your attacks on Trump, and noone will care if you yourself is a liar, while you are calling Trump a liar.

Glory to God,
Taken

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the moral lecture. I'm sure you feel morally superior and entitled to try to preach at me.

Why get so fidgety when I talk about Trump's lies? Do you want a world where Trump supporters can criticize Democrat candidates, but no one can criticize Trump? That strikes me as hypocritical. It also doesn't seem to be following the Golden Rule. If you crave a world where no one challenges your views, stick with "conservative radio talk shows."
More troll like behavior. Why did you get so fidgetty when the topic was Buttigieg and had to deflect to Trump and are still desperately trying to turn it back on Trump? LOL

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same way Jesus said one would know.
A man who IS saved and Born Again...can NEVER AGAIN, Not Belieive in the Lord God Almighty. And HOW another "KNOWS" is BY listening, "IF" the other SPEAKS AGAINST the Lord God Almighty...or "NOT".

So? Who doesn't REGRET some past choices they have made?

Same answer...

Glory to God,
Taken
Oh come on, you don't know that. And I do listen. Perhaps you should listen to Christ's words. I will also add, even devils can say Christ is the Holy one of God. And what is also clear, is "not everyone who says to me Lord , Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven". There are many who will say"Lord did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name and do many mighty works in your name?" What does Christ say to them?"Depart from me you workers of lawlessness!" Clearly Christ is saying they have done nothing in his name but rather simply used his name. What is lawlessness? It is removing clear Truths found in Christ's doctrine and replacing them with one's own beliefs. It is denying all the stringent Laws of God even if one be rejected. James 2: 10Whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. Men (Politicians and the false religious leaders who fornicate with them) are replacing them with man made precepts. Such as , excusing the fact that he (Trump) has been an adulterer and philanderer most all his adult life.

Who started the false narrative that Trump is a "baby Christian", who started the narrative that he is a modern Cyrus? Who started the narrative that he is God's chosen president. You tell me the source and I will show you lawlessness at its finest. Also, by his admission , he is Presbyterian , he is not completely unfamiliar with Christianity. As I asked what is this "baby Christian "stuff pushed by Evangelicals ?

I know the Herod of Christ's time was married to his brother's wife and John did not give him a pass. "You may have you brother's wife when he is dead, but not while he remains alive" . Further Christ did not make concessions for the woman at the well, whom he tells "You are right to say you have no husband for you have had five". So now my question is, as a Presbyterian are there exception afforded you that were not afforded these biblical characters?

Now , many of your sort would agree, that what has been going on with the Vatican , concerning the embracing of other religions with Christianity is a contradiction of Christian doctrine.Heck , that is all you hear from Protestants. Yet they are guilty of the VERY SAME THING.

the Truth is, you are all a bunch of hypocrites! There is no peace with other religions, including those of the synagogue of satan, who are a people who call themselves Jews but are not because they reject the Messiah, that according to scripture alone. " One is Jew when he is one inwardly".
Matthew 10;The Sword of the Gospel
33But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven. 34Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.… ect.....
That is also proven with the very fact , that Christians were killed by the synagogue of satan in Christ's time (That is who demanded Christ's crucifixion ). Also, every apostles (except for one John the Beloved- he will be in this End of the Age, he is one of the Two Witnesses), was martyred by pagan cultures because of professing the "ONLY WAY" . This is a FACT!

Now, it is this simple, DECEPTION must appear to be embracing truth, yet all the while rejecting it.Hence how it is DECEPTION. One for the kingdom of heaven can only preach Christ and cannot embrace other religions. PERIOD!. Trump too pushes other religions. He did so right out of the gate. When in Italy, he promoted the concept of the 3 Abrahamic Religions - NO SUCH THING before God. He follows the same narrative as the Vatican and ALL GLOBAL LEADERS who have hi-jacked Christianity and made it as they see fit. That can only happen when people who call themselves "Christian" are nothing but backsliders with NO conviction of heart. As I said before, more than just Catholics are fornicating with the kings of the earth. To adjoin Christianity with other religions is in essence DENYING THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST. As a matter of fact it deletes out Christ entirely. Hence, "Depart from me you workers of Lawlessness". Therefore , deleting you out of the kingdom of heaven

2 Thessalonians 2:10
The Man of Lawlessness
…10and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. 11For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, 12in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.…

Clearly this states that the Man of Lawlessness comes on the heals of those who have laid the ground work under the guise and title of "Christian". they first are deceived by satan They accomplish the work that brings about the Man of Lawlessness. They think they are serving Christ but their work is anything but. CLEARLY! At least for the Elect it is clear. I do not serve kings and their politics nor do any of the Elect, we know that Christ's kingdom is not of this world. We are in the world but not of it. Therefore, we must not show partiality toward ANY MAN! we are to admonish and esteem fairly. Point, Trump is not all many think he is. All politicians are corrupt to various degrees , I serve ONLY the Lamb of God who is PURE that I be pure as He. Trump could stand to have MUCH in admonishment, not in aiding and abetting.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lie. I did not dodge, but addressed you directly.

I recognize sarcasm, jokes, tales....
Do YOU recognize whatever that comes out of your mouth that you know is NOT TRUE, is you willfullyly LYING?

You can give the Carnal Excuse...but it does not change the FACT 'YOU LIED" nearly in the same breath YOU call Trump a liar...

No need to get all snarky...
You should have some expectation of hypocracy being pointed out, on a Christian based forum.

And if that bothers you, there are plenty of anti-Trump forums you can a pat on the back for your attacks on Trump, and noone will care if you yourself is a liar, while you are calling Trump a liar.

Glory to God,
Taken
Go find someone else to have long pages of convoluted arguments with.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More troll like behavior. Why did you get so fidgetty when the topic was Buttigieg and had to deflect to Trump and are still desperately trying to turn it back on Trump? LOL
I was wondering if other people had read 1 Corinthians 6. Is that so outlandish?
I find it absurd to ask the question about Buttigieg as if it applies only to him. It's hypocritical to use a passage from the Bible to attack someone when people you support are as guilty. I guess you don't like that hypocrisy pointed out.

And you are starting to look like you're trolling me in this thread. More hypocritical behavior. Now go tell yourself what a saint Trump is because he's not gay. Those other sins? Don't think about them. Now if he was gay, then we should care.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that, but remember, you are the one trying to make the argument about love and homosexual relations with love. That is still against the natural order. It is still sin plain and simple.
The passage should speak for itself. It condemns gay sex used to gratify lust.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go find someone else to have long pages of convoluted arguments with.

LOL. I'm sure a deranged person such as you said applies to you will have no problem finding the Love you said you have for being attacked.

Glory to God,
Taken

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. I'm sure a deranged person such as you said applies to you will have no problem finding the Love you said you have for being attacked.

Glory to God,
Taken
I should have put you on ignore long ago.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lusts and passions is also used. Passions is used elsewhere in the NT to describe sinful desires. It's not just lust. It is sin, plain and simple.
You know what? I don't care what you want to call it.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the devilish kind of "love" is not real love since it is selfish and doesn't really care about the other person.
The Love from above is wisdom , and not the wisdom of the world which is devilish. True love does the aid and abet to the lost of ones spiritual life- the soul. if one is engaged in ANY sexual immorality, and people support that behavior they do not care about the person. At least from a Christian perspective. As for all other perspectives, Christ is the ONLY WAY, "I am the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one come to the Father except by ME". If you preach anything contrary to that, you are supporting the wrong doctrine. You may want to try one of those other hole in the wall religions.

it is clear, that even NATURE rejects sexual immorality with the very FACT that social diseases is its response. if it were not contrary to the natural order established by God social diseases would not exist.And even for any cure man thinks he comes up with a greater disease will emerge.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not pray against the Will of God. What I do in situations like that is pray only that good may come to people. I also respect the free will of others since God gave them free will. It would be a sin for me to think I have the right to pray against their free will. If people want to sin, God gave them the right to make that choice. It's not my choice. Again I am opposing God if I think I have the right to oppose the free will of others -- unless they're opposing my freedom. Is it hurting me? If they're hurting anyone, it's themselves (as long as we're talking about adults). Paul says as much, "receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." I cannot interfere with their free will or ask God to impose what I want on them. I never pray "against" anyone.

This would be an interesting topic for discussion some day. I took largely the same position for most of my Christian life, but since the death of my father I have strongly questioned whether I should have been praying for him more.

But I have no idea if it would have had an impact in his case. I know of a couple wives who prayed for their unsaved husbands for more than 10 years each until both got saved. The thing there, however, is that they lived with these men, and through prayer the Lord may have been able to use them especially to bring those men to God through the things He told them to do in praying for them.

God bless. Gotta leave this thread to others now.

Reactions: Helen and Giuliano

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on, you don't know that.

Oh come on, you don't know all I know.

Perhaps you should listen to Christ's words.

I will also add, "even" devils can say Christ is the Holy one of God.

So what? That is not "even" to what I said.
I said nothing about what someone SAYS, but specifically spoke of what a person CAN NOT SAY.

And what is also clear, is "not everyone who says to me Lord , Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven". There are many who will say"Lord did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name and do many mighty works in your name?" What does Christ say to them?"Depart from me you workers of lawlessness!" Clearly Christ is saying they have done nothing in his name but rather simply used his name. What is lawlessness? It is removing clear Truths found in Christ's doctrine and replacing them with one's own beliefs. It is denying all the stringent Laws of God even if one be rejected.

Clearly you do not recognize the difference between What a person DOES or CAN NOT say. You are off on a tangent replying to a post I said NOTHING about.

That verse has NOTHING to do with a man WHO WAS NEVER UNDER THE LAW.
Perhaps you are unaware, Trump is not a Jew.

Men (Politicians and the false religious leaders who fornicate with them) are replacing them with man made precepts. Such as , excusing the fact that he has been an adulterer and philanderer all his life.

Nonsense. Adultery is not a man-made precept. God established precepts, statutes and laws, long ago.

Precepts have to do with behaviors BETWEEN people. You should have learned God was preparing mankind for a lasting relationship between A man and God, whereby once committed, Adultery IS NOT AN OPTION.

Trumps relationship between him and another person has Nothing to do with you, just as any marital relationship with another person he has dissolved has nothing to do with you and just as his relationship with the Lord has Nothing to do with you.
Why pretend it is your business?

Who started the false narrative that Trump is a "baby Christian", who started the narrative that he is a modern Cyrus? Who started the narrative that he is God's chosen president. You tell me the source

To this point, YOU are the only person I have heard make those claims.

and I will show you lawlessness at its finest.

Okay, but you are the only one to date, I know of saying such things.

Also, by his admission , he is Presbyterian ,

I have heard Trump claim Presbyterian was where he attended church and his mother taught him at home regarding scripture.
Nothing, I find disturbing.

As I asked what is this "baby Christian "stuff pushed by Evangelicals ?

Why not go to an Evangelicals Forum and ask what you want to know of them?

I know the Herod of Christ's time was married to his brother's wife and John did not give him a pass. "You may have you brother's wife when he is dead, but not while he remains alive" . Further Christ did not make concessions for the woman at the well, whom he tells "You are right to say you have no husband for you have had five". So now my question is, as a Presbyterian are there exception afforded you that were not afforded these biblical characters?

As a Presbyterian....?
Again, As I have said before, I do not know you, nor do you know me.
So a word to the wise, it is best to let the individual declare for themselves which congregation is their own preference.
I have never claimed to be joined with Presbyterians.

Now , many of your sort

And what "sort" are you speaking of? The "sort" you made up? Or some "sort' based in fact?

the Truth is, you are all a bunch of hypocrites!

Is this the "sort" you are referring to?
Everyone but you is a "hypocrite"?

There is no peace with other religions,

Little secret....Jesus didn't come to give PEACE....He came to DIVIDE!
Perhaps you should LISTEN to Jesus, and hold your own criticism about division.
LUKE 12:51

those of the synagogue of satan, who are a people who call themselves Jews

WOW...lest you forget Jesus came to Earth AS a Jew.

but are not because they reject the Messiah, that according to scripture alone. " One is Jew when he is one inwardly".

As God appointed a time for Gentiles, He also appointed a time for Israel. None are lost that belong to Him.

John the Beloved- ...he is one of the Two Witnesses), This is a FACT!

Scriptural reference?

Trump too

Too, Also....along with who are you talking about?

pushes other religions. He did so right out of the gate. When in Italy, he promoted the concept of the 3 Abrahamic Religions -

Give a reference source for what you are claiming.

I do not serve kings and their politics nor do any of the Elect,
1 Cor 12:
[28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps,governments, diversities of tongues.
2Pet.2
[10] But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

we must not show partiality toward ANY MAN!

Why not? Didn't God show partiality toward Isaac and not Ishmael?

Wasn't Jesus partial toward John his beloved?

Seriously...YOU LIKE ALL PEOPLE the SAME?

we are to admonish and esteem fairly.

WE "WHO"? You think EVERY converted man is well studied, steeped in knowledge and understanding and IS "GIFTED" with the same skills?

1 Cor 12
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
[8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

Point, Trump is not all many think he is.

And what exactly do you think "many" think Trump IS, that you claim he is NOT?

All politicians are corrupt to various degrees,

And? What Human being do you suppose has NEVER been corrupt?

I serve ONLY the Lamb of God who is PURE that I be pure as He. Trump could stand to have MUCH in admonishment, not in aiding and abetting.

You have served up a heap of your Opinions, Accusations and Gossip....are You able to stand for some admonishment yourself?

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should have put you on ignore long ago.

There is an old saying...
if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

It reflects poorly on you to wag your tongue in criticism against another while you do the same thing you are criticizing.

And FYI, there are several bash Trump threads you could join in with and not be criticized.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on, you don't know all I know.

So what? That is not "even" to what I said.
I said nothing about what someone SAYS, but specifically spoke of what a person CAN NOT SAY.

Clearly you do not recognize the difference between What a person DOES or CAN NOT say. You are off on a tangent replying to a post I said NOTHING about.

That verse has NOTHING to do with a man WHO WAS NEVER UNDER THE LAW.
Perhaps you are unaware, Trump is not a Jew.

Nonsense. Adultery is not a man-made precept. God established precepts, statutes and laws, long ago.

Precepts have to do with behaviors BETWEEN people. You should have learned God was preparing mankind for a lasting relationship between A man and God, whereby once committed, Adultery IS NOT AN OPTION.

Trumps relationship between him and another person has Nothing to do with you, just as any marital relationship with another person he has dissolved has nothing to do with you and just as his relationship with the Lord has Nothing to do with you.
Why pretend it is your business?

To this point, YOU are the only person I have heard make those claims.

Okay, but you are the only one to date, I know of saying such things.

I have heard Trump claim Presbyterian was where he attended church and his mother taught him at home regarding scripture.
Nothing, I find disturbing.

Why not go to an Evangelicals Forum and ask what you want to know of them?

As a Presbyterian....?
Again, As I have said before, I do not know you, nor do you know me.
So a word to the wise, it is best to let the individual declare for themselves which congregation is their own preference.
I have never claimed to be joined with Presbyterians.

And what "sort" are you speaking of? The "sort" you made up? Or some "sort' based in fact?

Is this the "sort" you are referring to?
Everyone but you is a "hypocrite"?

Little secret....Jesus didn't come to give PEACE....He came to DIVIDE!
Perhaps you should LISTEN to Jesus, and hold your own criticism about division.
LUKE 12:51

WOW...lest you forget Jesus came to Earth AS a Jew.

As God appointed a time for Gentiles, He also appointed a time for Israel. None are lost that belong to Him.

Scriptural reference?

Too, Also....along with who are you talking about?

Give a reference source for what you are claiming.

1 Cor 12:
[28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps,governments, diversities of tongues.
2Pet.2
[10] But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Why not? Didn't God show partiality toward Isaac and not Ishmael?

Wasn't Jesus partial toward John his beloved?

Seriously...YOU LIKE ALL PEOPLE the SAME?

WE "WHO"? You think EVERY converted man is well studied, steeped in knowledge and understanding and IS "GIFTED" with the same skills?

1 Cor 12
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
[8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

And what exactly do you think "many" think Trump IS, that you claim he is NOT?

And? What Human being do you suppose has NEVER been corrupt?

You have served up a heap of your Opinions, Accusations and Gossip....are You able to stand for some admonishment yourself?

Glory to God,
Taken
Pretext, don't ignore context. What man is not corrupt, the one who is actually born of Christ.
1John 3:6-8
Children of God
…6No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him. 7Little children, let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. 8The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil.…

If you follow the corrupt that you acknowledge is corrupt :"And? What Human being do you suppose has NEVER been corrupt?"
And I follow the incorrupt-Christ I cannot become anything other than righteous. That is a fact based in scripture. Since it is clear, Trump does not speak as one who follows Christ, simply based on the fact that he is for the "3 Abrahamic" religions as I point out , he denies the divinity of Christ just as Jorge (Francis) does. That in and of itself shows he is not a follower of Christ. So Einstein prove that wrong. You twisting scripture to TRY and fit your narrative only dupes the unlearned not the wise. Based on the few facts I present, I have shown you are whooped into submission by spiritual powers from the heavenly realms who were thrown from on high . Cannot post what you post , when you clearly overlook the FULL picture, Pretext.