Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no Son of Man may die for another's sins; the soul that sins will die
so i know this is hard to grasp, but Jesus did not die for your sins, at least not in the manner we are taught, wadr.
More spiritual nonsense and subversion of Gospel truth by bbyrd009.

Your time would be better spent studying Bible truth instead of constantly subverting it with you comments. In fact you are an emissary of Satan when you say "Jesus did not die for your sins".

Only Satan would tell people "Jesus did not die for your sins". It was Satan who influenced Peter to rebuke Jesus when He spoke about His death, and Jesus had to rebuke Satan speaking through Peter.

MARK 8 KJB
31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
32 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.
33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another one that someone told you.
There is no biblical verse for that.
Some use " Why have You forsaken me.." but it was not because God had to look away of forsook Him...

Jesus came as man..He died as a man for us ...He was our only hope of salvation ...man sinned in the Garden and caused the great divide ...only man could redeem the situation.

Jesus on the cross while dying, felt for the first time the true weight of the sins of every man. He bore it alone. We cannot even imagine.

God on the other hand SAW the travail of His soul , and was satisfied. Just the opposite of turning away.
Isaiah 53:11 " He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: ...for he shall bear their iniquities. "

Maybe God not being able to look at sin or the sinner makes good preaching.. but that doesn't mean it is true!!!!

If it were true then we would all be without hope.

~ . ~
th2cents.gif

I have to look this up now! And I remember what someone told me that I found out wasn't true. That a man only has 8 ribs. Off topic, but I kept trying to remember. Lol

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another one that someone told you.
There is no biblical verse for that.
Some use " Why have You forsaken me.." but it was not because God had to look away of forsook Him...

Jesus came as man..He died as a man for us ...He was our only hope of salvation ...man sinned in the Garden and caused the great divide ...only man could redeem the situation.

Jesus on the cross while dying, felt for the first time the true weight of the sins of every man. He bore it alone. We cannot even imagine.

God on the other hand SAW the travail of His soul , and was satisfied. Just the opposite of turning away.
Isaiah 53:11 " He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: ...for he shall bear their iniquities. "

Maybe God not being able to look at sin or the sinner makes good preaching.. but that doesn't mean it is true!!!!

If it were true then we would all be without hope.

~ . ~
th2cents.gif

Well I am quite surprised it isn't there. Man, I have believed that since I got saved at 15! Thank you for pointing this out to me!!!!! I can't believe I am 31 now and always thought that. And believe me when I say I study God's Word!!!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have to look this up now! And I remember what someone told me that I found out wasn't true. That a man only has 8 ribs. Off topic, but I kept trying to remember. Lol

:D :D
Yes it is amazing how we just believe anything people tell us when we are young Christians. In my 54 years as a Christian I have probably had to un-learn almost as much as I "thought" I had learned. LOL

Our dad got us thinking and not just believing everything we were told.

At Sunday lunch he used to ask a question, and when we answered, he'd say..and why do you believe that?

So after a while...I learned to listen to preaching but also "listen" to the voice of the Holy Spirit inside. Whenever I had a 'check' in my spirit about what was being said...I would note it and go home and check it for myself.

Slowly I became less and less enamoured with the "church system"..but shushhhhh don't tell anyone that I said that!!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower

Just remember post #206.

Your post #215 is correct.

And Jesus was forsaken on the Cross, for a time. He was the Son also, and He should know.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Mayflower

No bbyrd009 is not a Muslim...( he is a mixture of a lot of things! :) )

Stranger is just saying that because bbyrd009 does have many Muslim friends and also feels strongly against some of us who are tired of supporting with out tax $$ Especially here in Canada...and say as much.
But that is all off topic.

bbyrd009 will never be put into anyones "religious" denominational box.
And neither should he...I agree with him.
Like Amadeus says bbyrd has much wisdom and he is here to cause us to check everything and not just believe the "party line" I tend to do that somewhat myself whenever I can. :)
Maybe people hate 'challenge' and even more so , hate those who deviate from mainline teaching./ religion.
I say I am Charismatic ( by experience) but if that is a denomination then I opt out!! lol

Bless you...we are a crazy lot here...but I think you are already learning that.

Sorry folks....Stranger started it. We are now... Off Topic.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can hardly believe that you are saying that!
Why?
Maybe you were scared into God by someone preaching hell to you.
I remember the day...August 23 1964 when I suddenly saw the overwhelming amazing Love of the Father in sending His Beloved Son to die for me.

No Heaven, no Hell...but Love.
Love broke me, love changed me.

I would love to say the same was love for me Helen, but it wasn't...still have a tough time reconciling His love sometimes, lol...Was not at all close to my father, not even a little bit...actually you could say that I hated him as a child. I do not know if that has anything to do with it or not.
It was Truth that got me...I only wanted to know Truth. And PTL He has shown it to me. Obviously I do not know ALL truth-yet, (only in Heaven) and am probably wrong in how I sometimes interpret scripture but how can you deny One who IS Truth when His faithfulness proves true time and time again ♥

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen Nancy...well at least it was in seeking God's Truth...and not for being beaten and scared from the pulpit about hell. :)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PTL. Today after three years our new SB. the pastor preached about the real heaven and even mentioned that hell was real.PTL Now I hope it does not take three more years before he warns people to be ready for the rapture ( catching up of born-again believers). God hears our prayers!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, you think? Can you Quote this?

The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'" Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life.
Genesis 3:2‭-‬3‭, ‬17 NASB

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower

No bbyrd009 is not a Muslim...( he is a mixture of a lot of things! :) )

Stranger is just saying that because bbyrd009 does have many Muslim friends and also feels strongly against some of us who are tired of supporting with out tax $$ Especially here in Canada...and say as much.
But that is all off topic.

bbyrd009 will never be put into anyones "religious" denominational box.
And neither should he...I agree with him.
Like Amadeus says bbyrd has much wisdom and he is here to cause us to check everything and not just believe the "party line" I tend to do that somewhat myself whenever I can. :)
Maybe people hate 'challenge' and even more so , hate those who deviate from mainline teaching./ religion.
I say I am Charismatic ( by experience) but if that is a denomination then I opt out!! lol

Bless you...we are a crazy lot here...but I think you are already learning that.

Sorry folks....Stranger started it. We are now... Off Topic.

I love to learn! Sarcasm can sometimes Gina bit ovwr my head though. :D @bbyrd009 I like hearing your thoughts on this. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not getting the subject change here, but ty

I was addressing this quote you had mentioned:

or so you are told, yes
I desire mercy, not sacrifice

The two verses you used to support this were out of context. Yes, God desires mercy, but sacrifice was his requirement.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Amen to that, but I mean meeting with my church family. :)
that makes it worse, not better wadr
not the fam, but the identifying; by def now any "Church" outside your identified one can be mislabelled--"Muslims" works for some--and the same to any heresy in your "church" i guess. Of course there are surely members of the Church at Bluffton in your congregation, don't get me wrong

a man's enemies will be those of his own household

Last edited: