Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell? King Jesus is ready to return and we need to be ready to meet Him!! Today you can sit in many of today's "churches" and never hear the words hell, Jesus will return soon, heaven, confess and repent, judgment day is almost here. What you do hear taught is ==I am OK and you are OK lets just all get along and be happy and forget about the Truth of God's Word about sin and it's cost=death and hell.

Reactions: Mayflower

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell?
Popularity and prosperity became more important than Gospel truth because the Great Apostasy had taken over the majority of churches worldwide.

The sad truth is that on Christian forums today there are more heresies being promoted than sound doctrine, and the true and full Gospel of Christ. The same is true for many *Christian* websites, broadcasts, podcasts, and TV programs. All of this was already predicted by the apostle Paul, and we are seeing it all around us.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away... Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron...(2 Tim 4:3,4; 3:1-5; 1 Tim 4:1,2)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh imo it's completely intact, from Mithrism to the Cult of Sol then right into our Christian hearts and minds i guess.
For example you cannot Quote a single reference for this "hell" you believe in imo; but i can
"if you dig a pit for someone else, you end up in it yourself."

k, your turn now. you wanna see what happened to your msg, we're gonna find out here at the end ok
the Truth of God's Word about sin and it's cost=death and hell.
then you should have no probs Quoting it i guess, fine. see ya then

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
upload_2018-7-13_16-37-38.jpeg
surely you know that's a Cardinal, right. So wadr i cant even talk to you anymore, but i would maybe contemplate what i said up there, and you might see what Lex says about any vv you maybe were gonna use, ok. Best of luck to you

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because they finally woke up and realised the Heaven and Hell were NOT the Gospel message!

" CHRIST and Him crucified "is the Good News of The Kingdom.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because they finally woke up and realised the Heaven and Hell were NOT the Gospel message!

" CHRIST and Him crucified "is the Good News of The Kingdom.
While Heaven and Hell are not the Gospel message, they certainly cannot be divorced from the Gospel message. Even John 3:16 indirectly refers to both Heaven and Hell, and if this verse were expounded in all its fulness, both Heaven and Heaven would need to be mentioned. If there is neither Heaven nor Hell, why would anyone give heed to the Gospel?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
oh imo it's completely intact, from Mithrism to the Cult of Sol then right into our Christian hearts and minds i guess.
What does this have to do with the Gospel? And why don't you tell us exactly what is the true Gospel?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell? King Jesus is ready to return and we need to be ready to meet Him!! Today you can sit in many of today's "churches" and never hear the words hell, Jesus will return soon, heaven, confess and repent, judgment day is almost here. What you do hear taught is ==I am OK and you are OK lets just all get along and be happy and forget about the Truth of God's Word about sin and it's cost=death and hell.

Word!

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If there is neither Heaven nor Hell, why would anyone give heed to the Gospel?

I can hardly believe that you are saying that!
Why?
Maybe you were scared into God by someone preaching hell to you.
I remember the day...August 23 1964 when I suddenly saw the overwhelming amazing Love of the Father in sending His Beloved Son to die for me.

No Heaven, no Hell...but Love.
Love broke me, love changed me.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What does this have to do with the Gospel? And why don't you tell us exactly what is the true Gospel?
these have replaced the Gospel i guess, and in order to tell you that i would have to ask you a Q first, and you know how annoying those are lol.

But i give you my word that i can tell you, if you will answer whether Mark Whittington--the owner of this account--just gave you his word or not.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can hardly believe that you are saying that!
I am only going by what Scripture reveals. If there is no Heaven or Hell, there would be no need for the Gospel. Please note:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:15,16 KJB)

Now if an evangelist or preacher were including this verse in his Gospel message, (1) he would need to explain what "the Gospel" means, (2) he would need to explain what it means to be saved (and the connection to Heaven) and (3) he would also need to explain what it means to be damned (and the connection to Hell).

If a Gospel message fails to bring these truths out, it is an INCOMPLETE message. And that is generally what is happening today. "God is Love" is definitely a part of the Gospel message, but so is "God is Judge".

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. (Acts 17:30,31).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
these have replaced the Gospel i guess, and in order to tell you that i would have to ask you a Q first, and you know how annoying those are lol.
Go ahead and ask. What you are suggesting is that the Gospel message has been replaced ACROSS THE BOARD. While the Gospel is definitely being distorted, there are some who are still presenting the true Gospel.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am only going by what Scripture reveals. If there is no Heaven or Hell, there would be no need for the Gospel.

Once again...you bring them to the centre...they are not the centre..never have been.
If you have that thought line, then you must carry it further...
What you are in fact implying is "they are of great importance"
So..taking it further beings us to..
"Because of heaven or hell God created Adam and put him in the garden."

I read nowhere where God then said to Adam-" And the most important thing now is heaven and hell".

God made man for Himself.. His whole Plan from the Garden onward was a people for Himself, and a future Bride for Himself.

The Good News/Gospel is brought to earth was " Emanuel God with us.."
No mention of heaven and hell. For they are not any part of the Gospel.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once again...you bring them to the centre...they are not the centre..never have been.
Christ and His finished work are the centre of the Gospel, so what you have stated is incorrect. What I am saying is that a Gospel preacher cannot avoid bringing Heaven and Hell into any Gospel message. And if he deliberately does so, he is not bringing the full and true Gospel message.

The recent trend in evangelical churches has been to avoid mentioning Hell, repentance, judgment, and the wrath of God against sin. A watered down Gospel has become commonplace.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is neither Heaven nor Hell, why would anyone give heed to the Gospel?
Why indeed? Perhaps there are some who simply love God for who He is rather than for what He can give us or do for us?

"Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." John 6:26-27

The "meat" lasts forever, but it is not heaven. What is this "meat"?

"In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." John 4:31-34

Should our meat be different if we are really to be like him?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
did Mark give you his word or not?
Now that is a really enigmatic question. Mark? Do you mean Mark the evangelist, who wrote the Gospel of Mark? If so God gave us His Word through Mark, and Mark was simply the writer (scribe), whereas God was the Author. Every word in the NT is a word of God (2 Tim 3:16).