Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bbyrdoo9, do you read a bible sometimes?

Based on your questions....Just wondering, do you get your knowledge about Christianity only on this forum?

And did you google "hell" ?
I think you didn't.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ergo you have no "hope of salvation" at all, at least in a sense, right.
you maybe got converted, got religion, etc, and i'm not meaning to denigrate these
you obviously even got "saved" in a sense too, but see you are using the word "saved" in a diff sense right
bbyrd009,
Why don't you quit all your nonsense and get serious about serious matters?

Everything in this post (and the majority of your posts) is just flippant, nonsensical, and designed to leave people wondering as to what you are really saying and what is your hidden agenda. But no one has called you out on this.

Do you know that you are saved, and if so why don't you tell us in plain English? And why do you mock others when they say that they are saved?

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everything in this post (and the majority of your posts) is just flippant, nonsensical, and designed to leave people wondering as to what you are really saying and what is your hidden agenda. But no one has called you out on this.

Actually I was going to, but decided to wait a bit.

Lol

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Based on your questions....Just wondering, do you get your knowledge about Christianity only on this forum?

I think you didn't.
Exactly. I just called him out on all his flippancy and nonsense. He claims that "hell" is not in Scripture, but he is happy to reference the heretical Gospel of Thomas in these discussions.

Reactions: Triumph1300

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

I think you didn't.
ha no, i am just speaking in tongues to you bc i know where hell came from
see, it's only in the Bible in English. The Greek god Hades that is firmly embedded in your "Holy" Scripture does not have any punishment in the mythology, and Gehenna is on Erets.

i am more than willing to entertain any attempts to find this "hell" that you believe exists, but i tell you with confidence that you will not, ever, find it in Scripture, but only in the mouths of the deceived, wadr

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009,
Why don't you quit all your nonsense and get serious about serious matters?

Do you know that you are saved, and if so why don't you tell us in plain English? And why do you mock others when they say that they are saved?
@bbyrd009

His problem is that people often, or maybe even usually, don't speak his language and I am not talking about English.
All of us who are believers in God and Christ is any real measure also speak in what is an unknown tongue to other believers who are not in exactly the same place that we are. He wants to communicate but sometimes he is simply confirming that it is possible. If we rattle off English full of Americanisms to someone who only speaks a British English he learned in school should we be surprised to encounter misunderstandings?

Some people come into this forum only with an agenda which is often not God's even though they may believe that it is. Sincere delusion really does exist. How are we to recognize it for what it is when the deluded one really believes what he is saying is God's absolute truth?

@bbyrd009 Sorry to talk about you in front of you but I guess it's better than talking about you behind your back.
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Greek god Hades that is firmly embedded in your "Holy" Scripture does not have any punishment in the mythology, and Gehenna is on Erets.

Blah, blah, blah and more blah, blah, blah.

So, I guess that sums it up.

Finished.
Have a great day, Bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shouldn't we be more occupied with what we are saved to, and not so much what we are saved from???
You may be correct, but again how well do we understand what we think we understand? Saved to God and His Way or from man and his ways or perhaps both? Is that what you mean? How do we confirm or do we have confirmed for us that the way we are going is not part of a delusion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, it does.
I'm not a social worker.
So I can't help him.
But the delusion to which I refer is not one that most of the social workers in my experience could fix:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." II Thess 2:10-12

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Shouldn't we be more occupied with what we are saved to, and not so much what we are saved from???
You are correct in that Christians should not be preoccupied with their sinful pasts. Once we are saved (justified) by grace, we are new creatures in Christ. And what we are saved to should clearly be our focus (Titus 2:11,12): For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world...

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How are we to recognize it for what it is when the deluded one really believes what he is saying is God's absolute truth?
imo we have a Book for that?
@bbyrd009 Sorry to talk about you in front of you but I guess it's better than talking about you behind your back.
i come here as to a furnace, and i don't expect any quarter :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Blah, blah, blah and more blah, blah, blah.

So, I guess that sums it up.

Finished.
Have a great day, Bbyrd009
no prob, i already knew you couldn't find it in the Lex anyway
but bam keep teaching the hell that you cannot even find in the Bible
and dismissing any other povs that are straight from It
i am not here to change your beliefs, and would not be served even if you did

if you dig a pit for someone else, you end up in it yourself

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God is an all-consuming fire
the spirit goes back to God, Who gave it
1d2a4863cfd4e1c522c4e20dcef47f1d.jpg
Meshak, Shadrak, and Abed-nego (or, for a different sentence, Hanania, Mishael, and Azaria)

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus