Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How?

I can’t speak Englaih without languge ........religion is the language we use to relate to God

Oh come on...please..
Abraham did not have a church. He related to God. Noah did not have a church...he related to God...Methuselah did not have a church.....he related to God...Enoch related so well to God , it says "He walked with God.."

What you are saying is, without a church or without a bible we cannot function in or connect to God.

Do you really believe this? o_O

We have the Holy Spirit...we Have the Father...
If you were dropped onto an island alone, without your church ...would you have no relationship with the Father!! ????

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on...please..
Abraham did not have a church. He related to God. Noah did not have a church...he related to God...Methuselah did not have a church.....he related to God...Enoch related so well to God , it says "He walked with God.."

What you are saying is, without a church or without a bible we cannot function in or connect to God.

Do you really believe this? o_O

We have the Holy Spirit...we Have the Father...
If you were dropped onto an island alone, without your church ...would you have no relationship with the Father!! ????

Every word we have been taught to us related to God (itself a word we were taught to use) is religion. Every doctrine, theology, and scripture is part of religion

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t condone your lying or judgmental attitude towards your neighbors either, but you are welcome to come to my church.

That's awful white of you. But, no thanks.

Stranger

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every word we have been taught to us related to God (itself a word we were taught to use) is religion. Every doctrine, theology, and scripture is part of religion

But does religion mean "church"? I don't recall James defining religion as specifically having to do with church service, but its really solely about his relationship with God and how he conducts himself with others.

(James 1:26-27) "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain. {27} Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

default_hmm.gif
"Church"???

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i srsly doubt that he did not realize this in the moment tbh, but now that he has been told 3 times we'll see i guess

3 time's a charm, lol.
BTW-where is "Flintopia"? lol. Living on the grid? Off the land?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But does religion mean "church"? I don't recall James defining religion as specifically having to do with church service, but its really solely about his relationship with God and how he conducts himself with others.

default_hmm.gif
"Church"???

I think of church as a community of people committed to loving their neighbors through service

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, i guess that is a church building

Well, the fact is James never defines "religion" within the confines of a building, nor does he use the word "church". Keep in mind to, that there will be no church, or temple within New Jerusalem either, because God IS the temple.

(Revelation 21:21-22) "And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. {22} And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That ‘no empathy’ thing you have going must really help you take care of number one.
I think most psychpaths would agree....

I have no empathy for whiners.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no empathy for whiners.

Stranger

Well, that would include most of the world because we all know ‘fake news’ and ‘whiner’ mean the same thing, ‘people who disagree with me’

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that would include most of the world because we all know ‘fake news’ and ‘whiner’ mean the same thing, ‘people who disagree with me’

Right now it includes you.

Stranger