What's becomming of our Country ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, by all means go into the Holy of Holies and proclaim yourself God if you want

:rolleyes: WOW, way to put words in my mouth. I guess just sticking to what the Bible actually states is somehow me "declaring myself God". I think I've heard it all now.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It could also mean two persons: a man and a woman.
prolly a better representation of a single person than two men, but nonetheless one will be taken, and the other left, so imo the illustration of the two as "men" makes that more understandable. There are no male or female in the kingdom, your "woman" should be silent in church, too, etc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes: WOW, way to put words in my mouth. I guess just sticking to what the Bible actually states is somehow me "declaring myself God". I think I've heard it all now.
this "what the bible actually states" can be seen for what it is when it is recognized that you cannot state a single absolute truth from Scripture that does not have a counterpart, and what we really do is remember the Scripture that we want to use, and forget or ignore the Scripture that we do not want to use. 17The first to speak in court sounds right--until the cross-examination begins. ... The first to plead hiscase seems right, Until another comes and examines him

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this "what the bible actually states" can be seen for what it is when it is recognized that you cannot state a single absolute truth from Scripture that does not have a counterpart, and what we really do is remember the Scripture that we want to use, and forget or ignore the Scripture that we do not want to use.

There is a counterpart to every word spoken in his word for those who don't really believe it, who refuse to let the Bible speak for itself......and....well I won't even go there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes: WOW, way to put words in my mouth. I guess just sticking to what the Bible actually states is somehow me "declaring myself God".
i guess those two men in a bed are just both homosexuals, and one of them got respected by God, while the other didn't, huh.
see, we maintain the illusion that we know by basically being blind to anything that refutes the premise.
and how do i know? Because i do it too!
And you cannot play a player, or whatever idiom you might pick there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The "premise" = God's word as it is
well, the Bible is not the Word, i would fix that part first

however, since you do not believe that, i might ask you to pretend that you do, and go say as much to your pastor, with conviction, and see what he does!

but you are heading for a cliff, ok, and i do not want to be responsible if the air is not sufficient to hold you up yet. Don't find love until you are ready, iow. I am strictly offering you different perspectives here, because i know that God will not punish a seeker for seeking a better understanding of God.

All of your current beliefs are not going anywhere, they will still be there even if you set them down for a minute, as indeed will the other beliefs, should you choose to ignore them for now. You do not have to believe what i believe, as long as we are in agreement.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this "what the bible actually states" can be seen for what it is when it is recognized that you cannot state a single absolute truth from Scripture that does not have a counterpart, and what we really do is remember the Scripture that we want to use, and forget or ignore the Scripture that we do not want to use. 17The first to speak in court sounds right--until the cross-examination begins. ... The first to plead hiscase seems right, Until another comes and examines him

I whole heartily disagree. Scripture is in perfect harmony with the Word. If scripture seems out of balance or as contradictions to support tons of different views, it is us that has distorted and warped the true meaning. How do I know that for certain?

John 1:1-5 KJV
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Just because light is not comprehended doesn't mean it is not light. It is still light.

Reactions: Job and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, the Bible is not the Word, i would fix that part first

(Luke 4:3-4) "And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. {4} And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Where is this written bbyrd009? Here, your savior is quoting scripture, what you claim isn't the word of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I whole heartily disagree. Scripture is in perfect harmony with the Word. If scripture seems out of balance or as contradictions to support tons of different views, it is us that has distorted and warped the true meaning. How do I know that for certain?

John 1:1-5 KJV
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Just because light is not comprehended doesn't mean it is not light. It is still light.
Ok, then provide for your family,
and don't work for food,
however seems best to you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where is this written bbyrd009? Here, your savior is quoting scripture, what you claim isn't the word of God.
well, i didn't say that Scripture was not God-Breathed once, and useful for...well, you know all the things It is useful for, surely. But Word is the Breath, in the atmosphere, same as your "word" is. If someone comes and tells me that you gave them your word on a matter, am i to take it that i have gotten your word on the matter?

why not just bypass the, um, argument, and quote Scripture where It says that It is Word? Should be in there lots of places, right? Here, i'll even help:

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the Book is the Law, not the Word. The Bible is not even the Book of Truth, mentioned in like Ezekiel or in there somewhere.
All of the terms in this post can be searched, and even Bible searched, for their veracity.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Book is the Law, not the Word. The Bible is not even the Book of Truth, mentioned in like Ezekiel or in there somewhere. All of the terms in this post can be searched, and even Bible searched, for their veracity.

"Mentioned in like Ezekiel or something"..................................:rolleyes:. I guess Jesus quoted something that isn't true.