What's becomming of our Country ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Mentioned in like Ezekiel or something"..................................:rolleyes:. I guess Jesus quoted something that isn't true.
um, the Book of Truth is mentioned in the Prophets. Daniel.
What Christ quoted that you feel i am at odds with i don't quite understand yet, if you would rephrase it we'll see.
This makes Scripture come alive, ok, it does not kill It.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, the Book of Truth is mentioned in the Prophets.
What Christ quoted that you feel i am at odds with i don't quite understand yet, if you would rephrase it we'll see.
This makes Scripture come alive, ok, it does not kill It.

Yeah, m'kay buddy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yeah, m'kay buddy
i'm not your buddy, pal.

lol, j/k, i know this is a lot to swallow without chewing, ok.
If it does not fit with your understanding at the moment, then no biggie.
you have several avenues to explore now should you feel led, and fwiw this is still pretty new to me too

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, then provide for your family,
and don't work for food,
however seems best to you.

I am not sure which scripture you are talking about. Can you give the scripture?

Is your goal feeding the flesh
Or feeding the spirit?

1 Timothy 6:7-8 KJV
[7] For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. [8] And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

If you are going out of this world, what are the two things you want to have?

The flesh and blood of Christ. Meat. And a raiment. Therewith be content because that is what is most valuable. Not what goes in your belly.

Zechariah 3:1-4 KJV
[1] And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord , and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. [2] And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? [3] Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. [4] And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

You don't have to believe me. But the word is woven like:John 19:23
[23] Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

Without seam, woven.

We are the ones that read the word to gain more of the flesh. If that is the case. We get what the flesh brings which is more confusion, more chaos and divisions and arguments.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm not your buddy, pal.

lol, j/k, i know this is a lot to swallow without chewing, ok.
If it does not fit with your understanding at the moment, then no biggie.
you have several avenues to explore now should you feel led, and fwiw this is still pretty new to me too

Well, I was born and raised on the word, so I can't say I'm new to it all, and Jesus said there is only one avenue, one narrow path to life, and wide is the gate that leads to destruction.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Is your goal feeding the flesh
Or feeding the spirit?
hey, still gotta eat, right. When i need money i just go find a Stranger and manip their perceptions a little, ppl pay off like slot machines then lol.

i mean, what do you expect me to say here? If i am feeding the flesh somehow, which is possible i guess, you would have to remark upon it, because i have not detected it, at least not yet. Doesn't mean it can't be true though.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, i forget that search is not the same for everyone,
provide for your family 1 Timothy 5:8
don't work for food
John 6:27

1 Timothy 5:4 KJV
[4] But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

1 Timothy 5:8 KJV
[8] But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

It is not about working a job. It is spiritual.

John 6:27 KJV
[27] Labour not for the meat which perisheth, (what meat perisheth?) but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Jesus's words: John 9:4
[4] I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

What definition would you give to the "work" spoken of by Jesus? Work for the temporal, or everlasting?

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, I was born and raised on the word, so I can't say I'm new to it all, and Jesus said there is only one avenue, one narrow path to life, and wide is the gate that leads to destruction.
yet you still believe that Bible is Word, and i tell you that if you exclaimed otherwise to your current pastor he would not even blink, almost for sure.

God's Word can only be relayed through the air, atmosphere, just like your word, and if you didn't Hear it, yourself, then it is not Word.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, still gotta eat, right. When i need money i just go find a Stranger and manip their perceptions a little, ppl pay off like slot machines then lol.

i mean, what do you expect me to say here? If i am feeding the flesh somehow, which is possible i guess, you would have to remark upon it, because i have not detected it, at least not yet. Doesn't mean it can't be true though.

I didn't mean you, sorry.:(
I meant when we read His word, are we seeking spiritual answers or temporal ones. He will give us both, but we can't complain when our on desires get in the way of hearing.

It is like speaking with a friend when your mind is somewhere else: and you only hear what you want to hear, not what was actually said.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ByGrace said:-
Things in our life change when we really believe what God says about us...
--
nice. But the mind will believe whatever you let it receive :)

Joel 3- "Beat your ploughshares into swords, and your pruning-knives into spears; let the weak say, I am strong."

We are called to speak what God says about us. Just like HE DOES!
Romans 4:17 "As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations, before Him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were."

"for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So the we may boldly say...."

Jacob was a cheat.
Peter had a temper.
David had an affair.
Noah got drunk.
Jonah ran from God.
Paul was a murderer.
Gideon as fearful.
Miriam was a gossip.
Thomas was a doubter.
Sarah was impatient.
Elijah got depressed.
Moses got angry.
Abraham was too old.
Lazarus was dead.

And all listed as God's people of faith in the Faith chapter " By faith.." Hebrews 11. YAY GOD!!
There is hope for us all yet!! :D
2 Cor 12.9. "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Book is the Law, not the Word. The Bible is not even the Book of Truth, mentioned in like Ezekiel or in there somewhere.
All of the terms in this post can be searched, and even Bible searched, for their veracity.

Yes indeed! As I see it the Bible is the dead unresurrected carcass. It has potential but until it is quickened it is Jesus hanging dead on the cross before he arose from the dead. The secret ingredient to Life is not a secret, but rather it is the Holy Spirit [the quickening Spirit] for you and for me and for the other guy.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed! As I see it the Bible is the dead unresurrected carcass. It has potential but until it is quickened it is Jesus hanging dead on the cross before he arose from the dead. The secret ingredient to Life is not a secret, but rather it is the Holy Spirit [the quickening Spirit] for you and for me and for the other guy.

Seems more like a photo album to me.....

A book of dated and current pictures of people, I practice viewing their perspective and I make it my own until the Bible sort of become my autography

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems more like a photo album to me.....

A book of dated and current pictures of people, I practice viewing their perspective and I make it my own until the Bible sort of become my autography
If that is the way God is leading you, who am I to say nay!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
such things are the way of man since who knows when. the thing is it will not stop, therefore how is it managed by a society? Germany for example back in the 70's and probably still to day require certain health standards and age standards and off the streets, card carrying permits. I'm sure there's more to that but that all in know about it. thing is the only place where one would see things like adult stores and the like is were Americans frequent. otherwise you'd have to look hard for such. or there were places set aside for such.

thing is Americans don't seem to manage such very well. Vegas is a place were such is legal but if you are walking down the boulevard there's Mexicans handing out cards for such (you know, hay meester to you want my seester cards). sucks if you ask me. granted Vegas is what it is, but that's not the way to handle it. one doesn't have to have it shoved in one's face.

which also shows that the law doesn't have its boot on the neck of the industry like it should. those jerkoffs could be and are most likely peddling sex slaves.

Paul points out that just because something is legal doesn't make it beneficial. More importantly, he points out that the law can't save anyone. Replacing God's law with man's laws isn't going to make any difference. This is why Paul also points out that to point out the transgressions of others is useless in converting them. So the US can legalize all manner of sinful behavior, and shouldn't make any difference to a follower of Christ because they never use the law to proclaim the good news anyways.