What's becomming of our Country ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've stated many times in these forums, "Sin is sin and the wages of sin is death". The only sin that is unlike any other is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

There are no different degrees of sin.
The different degrees are as men see them. With this we are stuck and with this we must deal. Fortunately, God is really no respecter of persons.

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The different degrees are as men see them. With this we are stuck and with this we must deal. Fortunately, God is really no respecter of persons.

I agree.
default_thumbsup.gif

Reactions: amadeus

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you're for an attaboy? A pat on the back?
I am sorry for the abuse you recieved.

So you're for an attaboy? A pat on the back?
An "ATTABOY" : That is what you gave yourself when you said you had sixteen years of sobriety. Didn't need it from anybody else because your superiority complex was gratified when you asked about my sexual sobriety? Still you have a prejudice towards homosexuals despite your GLBT friends. I have not considerred you as one sexual orientation or the other. Just reminded myself to be on guard of not judging you excessively due to all the hatred you were expressing about homosexuality for reasons unknown. But, having been raised by a mother with excessive narcissism and thus an unhealthy amount followed by others who were equally narcissistic, friends and authorities alike, in and out of Churches I am not ready to trust you totally as you have given me every reason not to trust you. You are not much differrent from a lot of others ,even in Churches that I met. It is as if you are now idealising me with this explanation, and then just to devalue me and in that way you get your kicks. I won't take a chance there. But even in your explanation you express contempt for homosexuals by choosing what you pay attention to and abandoning the rest. That is how the world debates in my view. I'd like to express empathy for the abuse you experienced. But maybe those words are part of the mindgame you are playing. The very first time I thought like that. But you aare a bitter man for whatever reason. And I may not be able, or competant to deal with your bitterness. So there you have it.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when you said you had sixteen years of sobriety.

I never said that.

Just reminded myself to be on guard of not judging you excessively due to all the hatred you were expressing about homosexuality for reasons unknown.

Would you mind showing me that hatred you speak of?

I am not ready to trust you

All I said to you was that homosexuality was a sin. You came back with "No it's not".

You can believe and trust whatever you want. As I said, I'm ok with that. My conscience is clear.

But even in your explanation you express contempt for homosexuals by choosing what you pay attention to and abandoning the rest.

You see it as contempt, I see it as minding my own business. I don't care what gays are up to because whatever it is it's probably sinful. I choose not to wrap my head around the issues of the gay community. If that offends you, well then I guess you're offended. Nothing I can do about that.

But you aare a bitter man for whatever reason. And I may not be able, or competant to deal with your bitterness.

You call me bitter because you're bitter. You judge me according to your shortcomings. You don't understand where I'm coming from because it's probably the first time anyone's ever been honest with you.

The thing that makes homosexuals, homosexual, is the physical act and the desire to be with someone of the same sex. If you've been celibate for 16 years and no longer have that desire, guess what? You're not a homosexual. Move on and enjoy the life you have left.

There's only one sin that's unforgivable and being gay is not it.

l

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks. The reason I've had so much sobriety is because my beginning of my sexual maturation was ridiculed by my mother. made sex sound like something enjoyed only by masochists. Later on I realised the realty of sex. But not joy of enjoying it. It was like that with a lot of things. So I went into being bisexual just to escape the enslavement of the "I love you crowd". Being told I was loved was revolting
. I hated being told that. So hear I am, bisexual. But no wah into high risk sexuality like the other guys. But if I was a woman I'd have dove for it. I was interested in the emotional gratification ,foreplay, guys were so like machines and unemotional mostly. So though bisexual my preference was/is women. But no way did I want sex that could make her pregnant. I was/am too immature to be the father a child needed. So no such thing as vaginal penetration for me
When condoms were coming g into vogue it was often made clear that there was a defective condomper package. So much for trusting them. But celibacy is celibacy. I had a Gay friend who's aim was celibacy.suited me fine. But desires are still desires for gay men as with hetro men. Thus my hatred for bigotry. Based on sexual orientation. It is not needed. But sexuality is what is wrong outside of heterosexual marriage. Not homosexuals who are sexually abstinant. And that is how I see it. You don't like it COOL. You lose your ability to have unhealthy control over me because you won't have the ability to love me; a blessing. But having said the above I'd rather be bisexual then a pedophile. I was sexually abused by a pedophile when I was slx years old.....not by a homosexual,

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I see it...there are NO "big or small sins" Nothing is a worse sin than something else.
'We' make it so...but God does see it so.
No one will probably agree, and I don't really care.

I have seen more people get deliver of 'whatever'.. be it smoking, drinking, adultery, sexual ....by BELIEVE what God say that they are 'In Christ.'
A minister friend of ours ...ministered to them in a way ( in a way I had not seen before) that the legalist on here will faint over.

I'll just reference the smoker..but it has worked with all the above.
Whenever she was in a meeting and felt like she must smoke, he had told her to go outside and light up..( fainting time for the legalists) she'd do this, he also told her that while she was smoking.. to confess all that Jesus had said that she was "in Christ"...So, she would smoke while also saying- " In Christ I am holy, I am righteous , I am clean, I am a winner and an overcomer..I live in victory, God is with me and God totally loves me, I am called........" etc etc
It took four days...in four days the tobacco tasted dreadful...she could not get through a whole cigaret any more, her taste was changing...in a week she had to quit totally.
Who she was on the inside won over who she was on the outside.

Things in our life change when we really believe what God says about us...

Our identity is what it is all about.
Identity was what Eve and the Tree in the garden was all about.
Identity is what the Devil tried to catch Jesus on ..."If you be the Son of God..."
The devil's main objective is to mess with who God says that we are In Him.

Once we stop believing that we are overcomer's in Christ we lose the truth of who we are.

Every morning when I wake up, before I get out of bed, for years I always I thank God for who He says that I am in Him....
If we 'feel' unworthy or unloved by God...our victory is found in saying out loud what He says, not what the Enemy tells us..." I am Loved, I am worthy, I am a winner...and am victorious in Christ Jesus."
Therefore my day starts positively and on the right foot, before I step out of bed..I re affirm my position. We cannot rest in the battle...the enemy will never let up until our last breath...therefore, we do not coast into heaven.
We are not what the enemy says we are, or even what we think we are...
We are on the Victory side. HIS.

Phil 1:6 " Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ..."

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So true. Thanks. Why I stay away from Conser ative churches is to keep close to Jesus. I go
O to those churches now and feel I'm the topic of Satan's Happy hour. Anyway I've done some studying of pathological psychology and see Satan as one with a pathological personality disorder. Lack of compassion,excessive entitlement, no real fear of consequences for doing wrong..... Not guite the qualities I'd admire in my friends. I feel better being close to Jesus. Thank you for the encouragement.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But I don't believe that fanatical and extremist Christians are the best ones to teach on the topic. Jesus was neither fanatical or extremist. He told his Diciples upon preparing them for their missionary tour through the cities of Isreal, in Matthew that if those who were to hear their words on the message of Salvation did not hear their words, then the cities and villages in question would recieve a judgement more severe then what Sodom and Gomorrah would recieve. This is not at all as Fanatic or extremist as the Conservative churches want to be. Jesus is not extremist or fanatic.

:rolleyes:.......Jesus also once said that in the latter days we would be hated for his name, and called 'lunatics', and 'fanatics', whether we were "Bible thumping" or not. Now, just mentioning his name and the message of the gospel is enough to get you tagged as one.

So why are you who participated in an election that enabled an alledged pedophile to become President of the USA today? Looks like you have need to take the log out of your eye before putting all homosexuals in the same boat ,calling them all deviant and sending them to Hell while the USA president lives worry free of his alledged crime of pedophile sexuality.

:rolleyes: You talk as if you know me. I have never voted a day in my life. If you believe God was splitting hairs and playing semantics when he calls homosexuality deviant behavior, worthy of only the Lake of Fire, then its really you that need to take the log out of your eye. God is holy, and scripture assures us that there will be no sexual deviants in the new heaven and earth.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because all of the language about homosexuality is pointing to the same thing. Two men in a bed

34I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

In every instance where the word "whoring" appears in the old testament, its explained as referring to the worship of other Gods, and after those who practice witch craft. When God is describing homosexual behavior, he makes it very clear that he is describing exactly that, spelling it out for us.

thank God, imo.

No one is ever disturbed by "Good News!" in my experience, and if they are, you are getting a clear message that you are doing it wrong

Not according to Jesus pal. According to Jesus, if the message isn't received, and they "feel disturbed" then that is a clear message of wrong doing on THEIR part, because that is the kind of reaction one should expect, knowing the word of God is a weapon that cuts down to the core of your being.

(Matthew 10:7-15) "And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. {8} Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. {9} Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, {10} Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. {11} And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. {12} And when ye come into an house, salute it. {13} And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. {14} And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. {15} Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."

(Hebrews 4:11-12) "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. {12} For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
In every instance where the word "whoring" appears in the old testament, its explained as referring to the worship of other Gods, and after those who practice witch craft. When God is describing homosexual behavior, he makes it very clear that he is describing exactly that, spelling it out for us.
have it your way then, i guess those two men in a bed are just both homosexuals, and one of them got respected by God, while the other didn't, huh.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
:rolleyes: You mean God's way?
so you say, by all means go into the Holy of Holies and proclaim yourself God if you want, i did that most of my life. But one of my men has been taken, and the other is left now, so maybe be open to other interpretations. At least unless you are very sure, and you can say that you know.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
because all of the language about homosexuality is pointing to the same thing. Two men in a bed

34I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
One must becareful with that word "men". In the greek language the word "men" can mean two males or a man and a woman as a couple of persons. A certain elder explained that to me who has a superior knowledge of Greek language. It was explained after I mentionnedthat a Gay AFFIMING Christian man used that same verse to justify his homosexual immoral activity. But I looked up this other elder's explanation of that verse in the onlie Greek English dictionary and he was right. The two "men" do not necessarily mean two males. It could also mean two persons: a man and a woman.

Reactions: Helen