what's the point anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was indeed made according to the seed of David (Romans 1:3). Did you know that the Bible says that Jehovah has a Maker (Isaiah 45:11)?

He is also a Person (Romans 8:26-27). He has a mind, and also makes intercession for us.

I agree with your second part, but as far as Isaiah 45, I believe God is referring to Israel, because Israel is referred in chapter 43:

I am the Lord , your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
Isaiah 43:15 KJV
Isaiah 43:15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King. | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mister Michael, Colossians 1:15-20 is a great place to see the supremacy of Christ.

Colossians 1:16,17: For everything was created by Him (Jesus), in Heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whethher thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created through Him and for Him. He (Jesus) is before all things, and by Him all things hold together

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
@Mister Michael, Colossians 1:15-20 is a great place to see the supremacy of Christ.

Colossians 1:16,17: For everything was created by Him (Jesus), in Heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whethher thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created through Him and for Him. He (Jesus) is before all things, and by Him all things hold together
You know that Paul taught that when he was with the Greeks he would become like a Greek, and when he was with the Romans he was like a Roman... The new testament writers seemed to illiterate Gods word by creating fresh a perspective based on their current knowledge of the bible. But these days most Christians I speak with just spam these verses and do nothing to paint a unique picture of their own.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you read all of what I've postred.

Yes I apologize. I was catching up. Lolol!!!

I want you to know it is never too late if you change your mind about Jesus Christ.

What do you believe it takes for a person to to be saved? Do you believe something like those who are not saved will burn in a big pile of ash? Something like that?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that Paul taught that when he was with the Greeks he would become like a Greek, and when he was with the Romans he was like a Roman... The new testament writers seemed to illiterate Gods word by creating fresh a perspective based on their current knowledge of the bible. But these days most Christians I speak with just spam these verses and do nothing to paint a unique picture of their own.

Paul was referring to relating to people, the culture then was hard and very difficult between the Gentiles and Jews. I find it ironic in a way that Saul (Paul) was a hardcore Pharisee and God had him be a minister to the Gentiles. Even Peter struggled with the Jew/Gentile thing. The story of Cornelius in Acts 10 is a good place to see how God made sure Peter knew that Gentiles were to be apart of the New Covenant as well

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't want to paint my own picture. God did a perfect job already. I am to share that and let people draw their own conclusions. Because what does this internet person's opinion matter? And how do I know who is Roman or Greek or whatever? God looks at the heart and He knows what a person needs. I don't...

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Ah, I missed the JW thingy, I don't see why you need to follow any organized Christian belief system. You can access a bible right, so follow it yourself, if you want, if not follow something else, if not follow nothing. See the thing is that a lot of people feel their beliefs are vindicated when other people share the same beliefs.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Paul was referring to relating to people, the culture then was hard and very difficult between the Gentiles and Jews.
You can't be relating to us NONz by dumping all your superior spiritual understanding on us, who can't possibly know what you are talking about. try another way, please, thank you, much appreciated.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't be relating to us NONz by dumping all your superior spiritual understanding on us, who can't possibly know what you are talking about. try another way, please, thank you, much appreciated.

There is no other way and there was no superior spiritual understanding there...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, I missed the JW thingy, I don't see why you need to follow any organized Christian belief system. You can access a bible right, so follow it yourself, if you want, if not follow something else, if not follow nothing. See the thing is that a lot of people feel their beliefs are vindicated when other people share the same beliefs.

I agree to an extent. I have to catch myself at times on areas I don't understand in the Bible, because when there are differing beliefs, and people I love in the faith who believe both ways and think I should believe that way too...it just gets a bit hard to discern what is true and what is not true. So yea, it takes a lot of personal study and prayer to know what is truth. But it is so important to seek it out. And to talk to people in how they see scriptures, it can be helpful. It has to be. It has also been hard at times, because I am what you would call a people pleaser a lot. It is something I work on, because we are to follow God and not people.

But I tell you. There are areas we won't know until Heaven. But knowing who Jesus is and what He did for us...I believe that this decision is a life or death one. Because we are sinners and Jesus Christ died for our sins on a cross (the cross I know is another different belief for you. Where does stake come from?). And I believe that salvation is through Jesus Christ alone and not by our own merit as God's Word talks about. And we do not worship a man. We worship God. And God loves us so very much. So much that He took our sins upon Him.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree to an extent. I have to catch myself at times on areas I don't understand in the Bible, because when there are differing beliefs, and people I love in the faith who believe both ways and think I should believe that way too...it just gets a bit hard to discern what is true and what is not true. So yea, it takes a lot of personal study and prayer to know what is truth. But it is so important to seek it out. And to talk to people in how they see scriptures, it can be helpful. It has to be. It has also been hard at times, because I am what you would call a people pleaser a lot. It is something I work on, because we are to follow God and not people.

But I tell you. There are areas we won't know until Heaven. But knowing who Jesus is and what He did for us...I believe that this decision is a life or death one. Because we are sinners and Jesus Christ died for our sins on a cross (the cross I know is another different belief for you. Where does stake come from?). And I believe that salvation is through Jesus Christ alone and not by our own merit as God's Word talks about. And we do not worship a man. We worship God. And God loves us so very much. So much that He took our sins upon Him.

Praise God.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
My prayer of salvation was, "God, I don't even know if You are real; but I am going to start reading Your word and doing what it says: and I know that if You are real, You will reveal Yourself to me."

Why not pray something like that?

Now I know that You have to be talking to the real and living God for Him to answer you.

So maybe something like,

"Jesus, I don't know if You're God; but if You are I want to ask You to come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour. In Your name. Amen."

Now maybe try just praying that out loud right where you are; and see if it makes you feel any different. It may not. But for some it makes a difference in their emotional situation. For others, it doesn't change how they feel at all; but it changes their lives and that is the most important thing.
Thank you i am starting to feel a bit better