When is a christian NOT a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- recognize the church as a visible, authoritative institution established by Christ

WHAT? The CHURCH is US, not some denomination with a HIRELING telling us what to BELIEVE, how to BEHAVE, and what we need to CHANGE.

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Yeah, the HIRELING will SAVE YOU. -- NOT!

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT? The CHURCH is US, not some denomination with a HIRELING telling us what to BELIEVE, how to BEHAVE, and what we need to CHANGE.

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Yeah, the HIRELING will SAVE YOU. -- NOT!

Bobby Jo

Can’t argue with stupid....

You win win again Bobby!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote:- "Not a christian". Aah!! I always knew that you weren't a christian.. :p
Gotcha. LOL

I meant what I wrote - people are questioned about there Christianity if they do not support Trump

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I meant what I wrote - people are questioned about there Christianity if they do not support Trump

Really ? by whom?
That is news to me. But thanks for the clarification of you first post.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So

In many circles of Christianity, the biggest bully on the block gets to decide who is a Christian or not - like in the OP - the guys with the long white beards.....I’ve noticed that today, in many conservative circles, the biggest bullies are often self proclaimed experts on the Bible, whom they have mistaken for Christ himself. You can always spot them, interrupting conversations to grill you on your Bible - searching to find out if you agree with Luther, Calvin, or their pastor, of course they claim these interpretations are CLEARLY written in the Bible. My dog marks his territory in the old fashion way by peeing on a post...Conservative Protestants/Evangelicals use those they disagree with.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally know of a few that actually believe this to be true Ron. It saddens me no end how people can just put everyone in their prospective boxes. This is not our call, IMHO. I have been told, directly that if I do not speak in tongues that I am not baptized in His Spirit. This kind of accusation no longer bothers me and, hate that I wasted so much agony over it!!! I know that the Spirit of God works through me. Just ask anybody who knows me now. Yeah, not practical, lol. Does not matter...I ONLY care what He thinks of me and say's about me ♥

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really ? by whom?
That is news to me. But thanks for the clarification of you first post.

Well, Conservative Catholic Bishops certainly do - some decided to refuse the Eucharist to people who voted for John Kerry when he ran against George W. Bush

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So

In many circles of Christianity, the biggest bully on the block gets to decide who is a Christian or not - like in the OP - the guys with the long white beards.....I’ve noticed that today, in many conservative circles, the biggest bullies are often self proclaimed experts on the Bible, whom they have mistaken for Christ himself. You can always spot them, interrupting conversations to grill you on your Bible - searching to find out if you agree with Luther, Calvin, or their pastor, of course they claim these interpretations are CLEARLY written in the Bible. My dog marks his territory in the old fashion way by peeing on a post...Conservative Protestants/Evangelicals use those they disagree with.

I trust neither right, or left. You cannot ever legislate morality and, we are to pray for our leaders and follow their laws only, according to the bible. The moderates are and have always been drowned out by the very, self righteousness and angry loud mouthed self indignation from both the extreme right and the extreme left. The sound of reason has left the building a very, very loooong time ago. Ya know, like Elvis :D

My last Church, IMHO was way too involved in Politics-which I see as being the "cares of this world". I did NOT go to those Sunday school meetings, as I knew their views and, they themselves had been so indoctrinated to talking points that those in media have been spoon feeding them for many years. They are decent people who love the Lord but, they also show the spirit of anger and hatred.
Why do people think they can bring about change for the good? Not gunna happen! God already had the stage set, long before the first vote was cast. Before the foundations of our world!
He only gave us ...2.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, no spamming on my thread... :p
Stay on topic bro. hard I know....

You didn’t like my balloon shirt?!

Ok fair enough

However, you have only responded to the post I have written that are off topic - I have posted two that are on topic

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You didn’t like my balloon shirt?!

Ok fair enough

However, you have only responded to the post I have written that are off topic - I have posted two that are on topic

oh whoops did I miss them :oops:

I will scroll back and try to find them...

Reactions: Nancy and aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, Conservative Catholic Bishops certainly do - some decided to refuse the Eucharist to people who voted for John Kerry when he ran against George W. Bush

Sorry, yes I missed this post. I didn't know any of that.
In fact I have most of any "news" articles, or news stations on "ignore" now.
I got sick and tired of all the 'he said, she said'...and probably all of it has an agenda or lies...left or right.

My friend at work rolls her eyes when she says to me- " Did you see/ hear about that dreadful earthquake , or car crash, or whatever...and I say, No, ! don't do "news" any more. Either Dave or my friend at work tells me anything that needs extra prayer about. I pray for our countries and those in leadership...but I don't needs all the gritty suff in my head.

Each to their own. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I DO hope that you have a "lifeboat" (rural family member/cabin) where you can accumulate provisions, because large cities will become a deathtrap. :eek:

Bobby Jo

Oh I know...blood will flow in the streets at some point.
But back in the 70's we sold all and went into the bush 75 miles up the Alaskan highway from Ft St John ..and 70+ miles into the bush, had a cabin and an outhouse , root cellar etc etc ..so been there done that...the sky didn't fall.

We were in our thirties then...now 77 ha! A bit old for the bush.
Stocking food in the city is a waste of time..."they" will just break in and take it.

Hummm I think we are off topic now! ( sorry Aspen,...lol )