When Tempted, Giving over to [Willful] Sin equates to Eternal Death, not Eternal Life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I do not willfully sin. You and others seem to have a problem with God's Word about this matter.

Romans 8
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

What are the works of the flesh?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Sin is not merely actions. Jesus said if you think it, you are guilty of it. Do you never think any imperfect thought?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is not merely actions. Jesus said if you think it, you are guilty of it. Do you never think any imperfect thought?
Are you sure you got that exactly right? I think you may want to take a second look at what he said. After all, he was tempted "in all points" but did not sin.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said sin comes from the heart, not the mind. The mind is the entry point for satan to begin the temptation process. But, as it is written, resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Matthew 12
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Being tempted is not sin. Again, James shows us the process.

James 1
[12] Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
[13] Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When tempted, giving over to [willful] sin equates to eternal death, not Eternal Life. Eternal life is reserved for those who overcome. Adam & Eve surrendered to sin in their time of temptation, and it resulted in death. God drove them out of Paradise because sin equates to death. Sadly, the churches today are not equipping the people to become Soldiers of the Cross, i.e., overcomers, but rather to sympathize with their flesh; it's a doctrine of men, inspired by satan.

Romans 6
[22] But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Have you received this gift of God? Or, do you still give into the works of the flesh?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Interesting thread.
First you will have to give proof that you never willfully sin and are perfect.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking what you call a sin?

great question because I bet a lot people dont really know what the bible calls sin and have there own definition, I am sure everyone here know it but I will post it for the sake of on lookers

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Sin can be boiled down to the intent in your heart, it also is the lust of the flesh when we give in to it. When you become born again the power of Christ allows us to deny and crucify the flesh.

People say you can be a cardinal christian and go to heaven, I would not agree with that. Look at this scripture, flat out tells us if you are doing these things, you are not going to heaven, just think sex outside of marriage and your not going to heaven, get drunk on a regular basis, not going to heaven, of course we can repent and call on Jesu
s to change us. But the majority of Americans live this lifestyle, and yet call them selfs christians, I did for many years most of my life, so I am not judging, I am saying Jesus can change anyone he changed me.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let us encourage once another not try to tear them down. No body born of God and mature in there walk willfully sins.
I love that! I have found a nest of perfect people. I will have a heyday with this!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the intent of your heart has been exposed my freind, so sorry for what I see
Well I am with you. I have never sinned. I am awesomely handsome. Never have bad breath and my feet do not stink. I am probably the most holy person on earth! But that is easy to say on the internet, how are we going to prove to the people on this forum that we are so perfect?

Reactions: Renniks

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am with you. I have never sinned. I am awesomely handsome. Never have bad breath and my feet do not stink. I am probably the most holy person on earth! But that is easy to say on the internet, how are we going to prove to the people on this forum that we are so perfect?

Mockers and scoffers come and go, but the Word of God endures forever.

Reactions: Dave M

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Na na we are perfect. Don't ya think we should share our secret. You should explain in detail how perfect you are. Be an inspiration to the people on the forum.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praise the Lord the power is Jesus and what he did for us, Jesus keeps us free from sin that is it right there!! Nothing we can do on our own!!!!

thanks for the share brother.

Just for on lookers I dont claim to be with out sin or perfect, I do claim to take victory over sin through Jesus and not willfully sin.

Real world example as this is important,, when I got born again I was changed, and some sins were automatically no interest to me at all. Jesus freed me of drugs and alcohol foul language very quickly ,,,,However lust of the flesh was not cured very quickly,, and it took fasting on a regular basis to be freed from this.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise the Lord the power is Jesus and what he did for us, Jesus keeps us free from sin that is it right there!! Nothing we can do on our own!!!!

Just for on lookers I dont claim to be with out sin or perfect, I do claim to take victory over sin through Jesus and not willfully sin.

Real world example as this is important,, when I got born again I was changed, and some sins were automatically no interest to me at all. Jesus freed me of drugs and alcohol foul language very quickly ,,,,However lust of the flesh was not cured very quickly,, and it took fasting on a regular basis to be freed from this.
But you are saying that you never willfully sin?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen Brother! Without Jesus, we are nothing! Thank you for the testimony. And yes, prayer, fasting and living in the Word of God will take one right on through to victory in Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy and Dave M

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Are you sure you got that exactly right? I think you may want to take a second look at what he said. After all, he was tempted "in all points" but did not sin.
Now, we know we don't literally lust with our physical heart, but with our minds and hormones. Being tempted isn't sin, playing out that temptation in the mind, to any degree at all, is? Ever covet? It's in the mind, doesn't have to involve any action and everyone does it to some degree.

Reactions: Nancy

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said sin comes from the heart, not the mind. The mind is the entry point for satan to begin the temptation process. But, as it is written, resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Matthew 12
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Being tempted is not sin. Again, James shows us the process.

James 1
[12] Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
[13] Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
You are being naive. Sin begins in the mind, the heart is just a figure of speech for where our affections lie.
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed. adultery with her already in his heart.

This isn't just temptation, but allowing any impure thought, no matter how brief into the mind. And coveting is the same, only it can be wanting literally anything some one else has.
The sin is committed whether any action is taken or not.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great question because I bet a lot people dont really know what the bible calls sin and have there own definition, I am sure everyone here know it but I will post it for the sake of on lookers

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Sin can be boiled down to the intent in your heart, it also is the lust of the flesh when we give in to it. When you become born again the power of Christ allows us to deny and crucify the flesh.

People say you can be a cardinal christian and go to heaven, I would not agree with that. Look at this scripture, flat out tells us if you are doing these things, you are not going to heaven, just think sex outside of marriage and your not going to heaven, get drunk on a regular basis, not going to heaven, of course we can repent and call on Jesu
s to change us. But the majority of Americans live this lifestyle, and yet call them selfs christians, I did for many years most of my life, so I am not judging, I am saying Jesus can change anyone he changed me.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
You start with lust and end up with fornication and drunkenness. Not everyone has sex outside marriage or gets drunk. I never did either, but I still sin. Just unjust anger is sin. Ever been frustrated at your spouse just because? It's sin. Ever saw a woman and your mind immediately goes to what you would like to do with her? Even if you squelch it in a nanosecond, it was still sin. Ever want some ones cool car? Sin. Sin is missing the perfection mark and no one is perfect in this world.

Reactions: Dave M

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask their wives, if they're honest I believe you would get a different story. Even the best of us aren't perfect. I grew up under a lot of sinless perfection teaching. But everyone of those people who taught it were sinners. Saints in a lot of ways but still sinners.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask their wives, if they're honest I believe you would get a different story. Even the best of us aren't perfect. I grew up under a lot of sinless perfection teaching. But everyone of those people who taught it were sinners. Saints in a lot of ways but still sinners.
Who does the laundry ?
i.e. when the clothes get dirty, who washes them ?
When we (or anyone) sins, who does the cleansing/washing/ purifying ?
Who cleans us up to present us in heaven ?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Now, we know we don't literally lust with our physical heart, but with our minds and hormones. Being tempted isn't sin, playing out that temptation in the mind, to any degree at all, is? Ever covet? It's in the mind, doesn't have to involve any action and everyone does it to some degree.
The heart is used to refer to intention.

It is possible to avoid sinning in physical terms out of fear of being punished. We could want to do it in our hearts and would if we thought we could get away with it. That is sin. Seeing a beautiful woman isn't a sin. Having hormones isn't a sin.

Reactions: Grailhunter