When Tempted, Giving over to [Willful] Sin equates to Eternal Death, not Eternal Life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You start with lust and end up with fornication and drunkenness. Not everyone has sex outside marriage or gets drunk. I never did either, but I still sin. Just unjust anger is sin. Ever been frustrated at your spouse just because? It's sin. Ever saw a woman and your mind immediately goes to what you would like to do with her? Even if you squelch it in a nanosecond, it was still sin. Ever want some ones cool car? Sin. Sin is missing the perfection mark and no one is perfect in this world.

I concur brother, thanks for pointing these things out !!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James KJV
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Reactions: 07-07-07

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a great video that explains it better then I could. once again I am not with out sin, I am not perfect. But I am changed, and want to please my heavenly father, more then I want to sin. Being born again is when we hate our sin nature instead of embracing it like we did before being born again

Reactions: Nancy

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Dispute the Truth all you want, but sinners do not inherit eternal life, only the Saints do. Sin = death.

James 1
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
There is a big wall in heaven separating the group who have not sinned since they received Christ, from the rest of us sinners when we get to heaven, because the group who are behind the wall will think they are the only ones there!

Reactions: Renniks

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask their wives, if they're honest I believe you would get a different story. Even the best of us aren't perfect. I grew up under a lot of sinless perfection teaching. But everyone of those people who taught it were sinners. Saints in a lot of ways but still sinners.
Stand back! I am about to let my saintness go! I don't want to see anyone get hurt!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The heart is used to refer to intention.

It is possible to avoid sinning in physical terms out of fear of being punished. We could want to do it in our hearts and would if we thought we could get away with it. That is sin. Seeing a beautiful woman isn't a sin. Having hormones isn't a sin.
It is if you lust.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who does the laundry ?
i.e. when the clothes get dirty, who washes them ?
When we (or anyone) sins, who does the cleansing/washing/ purifying ?
Who cleans us up to present us in heaven ?
If Christ doesn't clean us up, none of us would get in.

Reactions: Joseph77

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is if you lust.
You should know that the word translated as lust in that passage means desires, covets, etc. It doesn't mean the hormones part of sexual desire. For example:

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should know that the word translated as lust in that passage means desires, covets, etc. It doesn't mean the hormones part of sexual desire. For example:

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
Lol, you just contradicted yourself. Yes, it means desire, sexual desire included.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you suggesting that John contradicted himself? John did not contradict himself; it's the readers who try to justify sin who are at fault. Again and again the Scriptures teach that sin = death, but people take one or two verses that they don't interpret properly to justify themselves.

1 John 5
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

And again and again it says we are sinners in need of a saviour.

Do you really think we can keep God's commandments? It is that failure that meant Jesus had to come and while we have the spirit living in us we are the same people we were before we were saved.
John is telling us that we are sinners who have to strive to serve God, not to earn anything but out of love, and that when we fail that God will forgive us again and again and again.
We will be perfect only when we get our new bodies, untill then we struggle with sin.

Reactions: Renniks

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will be perfect only when we get our new bodies, untill then we struggle with sin.
Whether and howmuch you struggle , does not make you perfect or unperfect. Since Jesus Himself says TO the born again ones, the Ekklesia,
"you must be perfect", and Jesus does not lie, then find out what Jesus means....
just as God tells His people, "You must be holy, because I your God am holy" .... and this was and is truth - unchanging, as God says. Find out what God means.

And again and again it says we are sinners in need of a saviour.
Did Christ lay hold of you ? Or did you not yet repent ? I expect positively you repented at least once.... and hopefully do not willfully rebel against Jesus the Savior....

and that when we fail that God will forgive us again and again and again.
No. Not "when 'we' fail", if 'we' is meant to include all people - as most people fail, and never repent, and their end is destruction.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When tempted, giving over to [willful] sin equates to eternal death, not Eternal Life.
.... Who was never tempted ?
The disciples, apostles, themselves cried out in anguish, dismay, to Jesus who was teaching them "HOW THEN CAN ANYONE BE SAVED" ? (even themselves)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it all boils down to the intent in your heart
There is an old saying, I don't remember if it has a Scriptural basis or origin:

The road to hell IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENT.

If this is true,
and since man's heart is the most deceitful of all things, full of wicked desires, designs and plans,
and since man , born of the flesh, is flesh, and profits nothing,
then what's a man to do (no matter what his intents are).

This is positive expectations - to seek and to find what is in line with, and from, God's Word.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a big wall in heaven separating the group who have not sinned since they received Christ, from the rest of us sinners when we get to heaven, because the group who are behind the wall will think they are the only ones there!

You are in error not knowing the Scriptures. Sinners do not inherit eternal life, only the Saints do. Saints do not willfully sin, but sinners do.

To those who are willful sinners, cry out to God while you have time to deliver you from your bondage(s). God is merciful and willing to forgive; but, don't fall for the lie that you can continue in willful sin and inherit eternal life. God expects you to be an over-comer and He provides the power to walk in His ways. Glory be to God!

1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
[6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Reactions: Dave M

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in error not knowing the Scriptures. Sinners do not inherit eternal life, only the Saints do. Saints do not willfully sin, but sinners do.
This is truth, in line with all Scripture.
The false teachers noted in people's posts, in their own words, have mislead many.

Reactions: 07-07-07

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are being naive. Sin begins in the mind, the heart is just a figure of speech for where our affections lie.
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed. adultery with her already in his heart.

This isn't just temptation, but allowing any impure thought, no matter how brief into the mind. And coveting is the same, only it can be wanting literally anything some one else has.
The sin is committed whether any action is taken or not.

Jesus is not saying that a desire for someone is adultery of the heart, but rather to lust after him/her. Sex is a perfectly normal desire, without which none of us would be here, but to lust after forbidden fruit is sin. Unsavory thoughts may well enter your mind when you see someone who your hormones desire, but does the love of God overcome in those situations to resist the sin? If not, then you have committed adultery of the heart. If so, you're rooted and grounded in God.

Reactions: Giuliano

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not saying that a desire for someone is adultery of the heart, but rather to lust after him/her
Sorry, but originally, it was simply "desire" (i.e. in the original), and it is still written: What is born of the flesh, is flesh, and profits nothing - the mildest gentlest revelation that not what comes from the flesh is good nor helpful nor should be encouraged at all.