When Tempted, Giving over to [Willful] Sin equates to Eternal Death, not Eternal Life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still don't believe you.

Unbelief is nothing new.

Sin is sin, it's all willful. It's just convenient to put it into neat little categories so you can pretend you aren't a sinner.

No it isn't, and the Scripture confirm it.

Number 15
[27] And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
[28] And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.
[29] Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.
[30] But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
[31] Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

Hebrews 10
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
[28] He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
[29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
[30] For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
[31] It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it all boils down to the intent in your heart

If your heart is grounded in God's Word. Would the Holy Spirit lead someone into the holiness of God or the work of the flesh? Certainly, we know that He leads into God holiness because the works of the flesh lead to death. Workers of the flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, so what's the solution?

Romans 13
[14] But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelief is nothing new.

No it isn't, and the Scripture confirm it.

Number 15
[27] And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
[28] And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.
[29] Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.
[30] But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
[31] Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

Hebrews 10
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
[28] He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
[29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
[30] For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
[31] It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

James 2:10Whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.…

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:10Whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.…

I am not under the Law of Moses, but under the Grace of Jesus Christ; therefore, I strive to put Him on daily so as not to fulfill the lust of the flesh because as it is written workers of the flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God

James 5
[19] Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
[20] Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not under the Law of Moses, but under the Grace of Jesus Christ; therefore, I strive to put Him on daily so as not to fulfill the lust of the flesh because as it is written workers of the flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God
Bottom line: are you sinlessly perfect at this time or not?

You said "you strive". The sinlessly perfect person does not strive. He has already reached perfection. And even Paul did not make that claim.

Reactions: marks

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line: are you sinlessly perfect at this time or not?

You said "you strive". The sinlessly perfect person does not strive. He has already reached perfection. And even Paul did not make that claim.

Again, I do not willfully sin. You and others seem to have a problem with God's Word about this matter.

Romans 8
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

What are the works of the flesh?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus speaking.

Matthew 5
[29] And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[30] And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

You see, Jesus is stating that you can get into Heaven maimed and/or with missing limbs, but you can't get in with your sin. He emphasizing that you must do whatever it takes to get rid of your sin.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, I do not willfully sin. You and others seem to have a problem with God's Word about this matter.
Christians -- BY DEFINITION -- do not wilfully sin.

But you are supposed to be perfect, not *striving* for perfection. And that's the difference. The minute you say you are striving, it means you have not reached the acme of perfection. But according to you, we were supposed to believe that you had already been perfected. And even Paul did not make that claim.

So are we looking at another Joseph Smith?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

James 5
[19] Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
[20] Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
So, then what is a sin? Do you follow the commandments? How do you know when you have committed a sin?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dispute the Truth all you want, but sinners do not inherit eternal life, only the Saints do. Sin = death.

James 1
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
And of course John did not know anything when he wrote in 1john1if we claim to be without sin we decieve ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Reactions: Nancy

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thats the key right there way to go brother !!

I would like to add if a Born again Christian willfully sins, they will be convicted so bad by the Holly spirit, the weight of the world will be on there shoulders until they repent. No one born again should be willfully sinning especially as you grow in CHrist.

Reactions: Nancy and 07-07-07

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God.... For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy” Hebrews 10:11-12,14

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians -- BY DEFINITION -- do not wilfully sin.

But you are supposed to be perfect, not *striving* for perfection. And that's the difference. The minute you say you are striving, it means you have not reached the acme of perfection. But according to you, we were supposed to believe that you had already been perfected. And even Paul did not make that claim.

So are we looking at another Joseph Smith?

You do not address what is written; you just tear down the messenger. I walk in God's holiness and righteousness -- and my testimony is with Jesus. I suppose you will rely on the blood of Jesus to cover your willful sins, but it won't. Fig leaf religion failed in the Garden of Eden and it still fails today.

Romans 12
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And of course John did not know anything when he wrote in 1john1if we claim to be without sin we decieve ourselves and the truth is not in us.

All have sinned, but the Saints of God have been converted and no longer willfully sin.

1 John 3
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All have sinned, but the Saints of God have been converted and no longer willfully sin.
It is not what John says in 1john1:8
If we say we are without sin we decieve our selves and the truth is not in us.

The question is are you receiving yourself?
Or do you sin and need verse 9.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not what John says in 1john1:8
If we say we are without sin we decieve our selves and the truth is not in us.

The question is are you receiving yourself?
Or do you sin and need verse 9.

Are you suggesting that John contradicted himself? John did not contradict himself; it's the readers who try to justify sin who are at fault. Again and again the Scriptures teach that sin = death, but people take one or two verses that they don't interpret properly to justify themselves.

1 John 5
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking what you call a sin? I don't just assume it's the same as what God calls sin

I have laid out numerous Scriptures already. What did Jesus tell the man who had the infirmity for 38 years after he healed his body?

John 5
[14] Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.