When Tempted

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What Can You Say? Do you waste your time worrying about what others think? There is no need for that..! While living in this world, we will be approached many times by friends and acquaintances and asked to do things that we know is not what we should do.. We all have weak days and on these days we are more susceptible to fall into the trap of doing something to be "part of the crowd" It is easy to get side tracked if we aren't careful. We all fit into that category.. Even the Great Paul who wrote most of the New Testament had a problem with this and there was far less to be tempted by in those days.. They didn't have Crack and all the other evils of today.. Yet, Paul had trouble just like the people of today.. Ro:7:14: For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. Ro:7:15: For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. There are times in life that we all have a tendancy to feel "left out" and alone. The important thing for us to remember is that, we are NEVER alone! Heb:13:5: Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Remember, it matters very little what people think of you as long asyou are striving to please our Father.. His rewards far outweigh anything here on Earth.. M't:5:12: Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Our Father is aware of each and every need that we have.. He will not forsake us.. We will always be taken care of.. So if the great Paul had trouble, how are we to think that we can escape these things.. There is a way my friends.. Always keep this foremost in your minds.. When someone ask you to partake of something that you know is wrong, regardless of what it is, you have an answer for them.. All you have to do is use it.. Just say, "I am sorry, I can't do that! I am being watched." For many that statement alone will change their minds about getting you to partake, Especially if it is an illegal activity. Others may ask, "Being watched by whom?" Your answer is by our Father and His Son!" Yes, that is a valid answer.. They are watching you every minute of every day, along with a host of Angels who don't want your soul to perish. So, as you can see you are in good company, even when you are alone, and have more backing than you could ever need.. All you have to do is use it.. Ask God for guidance in all you do.. Follow His instructions and you will never ever go wrong.. As long as we have God on our side, we have nothing to fear!God will ALWAYS be there if we just ask,and try our best to keep His command

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jon- Marc Satan quoted scripture to Jesus he just twists a few words here adds or deletes a few there Satan is a scripture laywer if you dont know Gods Word Satan will misquote it,twist it, and make it sound oh so holy.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The tempter, Satan is very sly God warns us in that in these latter days, "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ [claiming to be carrying a message from God]; and shall deceive many." Matthew 24:4, 5 Matthew 4:6 "And saith unto Him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast Thyself down: for it is written, He shall give His angels charge concerning Thee: and in their hands they shall bear Thee up, lest at any time Thou dash Thy foot against a stone."This is Satan talking to Jesus, and he has the gull to quote Scripture to Jesus the Messiah. Satan is quoting the Scripture like many men today, for he is misquoting it, taking it out of context, and using it for his own gain. Satan is garbling it by omitting the essential words. The quotation is found in Psalm 91:11, 12; "For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. [11] They shall bear thee up in their hand, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." [12]Did you get what was omitted? "In all thy ways." A "way" is a path, or a course that you set. How convient Satan left out words the "way" which is Christ our path.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
As you might tell, I do not enjoy Satan. I've fallen numerous times (I cannot count) due to temptation. But, Glory to God, I've gotten up each and every time!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(kriss;46868)
Jon- Marc Satan quoted scripture to Jesus he just twists a few words here adds or deletes a few there Satan is a scripture laywer if you dont know Gods Word Satan will misquote it,twist it, and make it sound oh so holy.
That's very true, which is why we're told to "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15If we know the word of God, then we will recognize lies and false teachings. Satan and false teachers might even quote scripture correctly, but where they go wrong is in their interpretation and use of that scripture.I often hear people quote the scripture that mentions "an eye for an eye" and say that we have the right to seek vengeance. However, God said, "Vengeance is mine. I will repay." Of course, it's only human nature to want vengeance, which we may consider to be "justice".

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Amen! (((Kriss))), Luke 4:5-8 (KJV) 5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. 8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. ~~~~Mark 8:33 (KJV) But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.I love these powerful words that Jesus spoke when tempted by Satan. :grouphug:s

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
"I'm sorry I can't do that! I'm being watched!!"I can imagine that would really make some people dead in their tracks, at least for a moment or two. Hmm. Thanks!