When the State Attacks the Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
It's interesting to not what's being tried in the churches today. None of this is a new Idea at all. For centuries the governments have tried to control the church, and to some degree have been succesful in past times. Not that this isn't alarming. But, it is interesting that the US, and I guess Canada (which I can't speak for Canada because I know very little about the internal structure of the Canadian government.) are supposed to be free. The US specificaly holds the preacious stones of "freedom of religion" And the seperation of Church and State, never mentioned in the constitution, and only in an obscure letter found, supposedly wrote by a founding father. (which the US founding fathers were nothing more than Agnostic at best). That's what makes it so alarming and so horrible. We are supposed to be constitutionaly protected. Yet, in the name of, "equality" the Church is being attacked. What's more so, Is it's not only the Christian churches,, although it's more evident because that's what we're part of. Even secular and non- Christian organisations are being "attacked" or attempted to be controlled. What the fact is,,, Is this world is headed for being completely controled. The question isn't if we should fight it. But, the question is,, What we should be fighting.Scripturaly, there is no misconception that the Church will be overpowered. That's a fact. But, what can we do in the mean time, to help lead people to Christ? There will be a day when no one can work,,,,, But, it's not yet. Some churches will bow to the laws and legislation set for them. But, the ones who do not, and continue to follow Christ, are the ones truely set by Christ, and truely following the Word of God.