When was Jesus born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beautiful nativity scene on our postcards, with its snow flakes, and blowing winds doesn't match the nativity scene as recorded in the New Testament. This discrepancy leads us to ask the question. Is the winter time really the nativity season? When was Jesus actually born?

When Was Jesus Born?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beautiful nativity scene on our postcards, with its snow flakes, and blowing winds doesn't match the nativity scene as recorded in the New Testament. This discrepancy leads us to ask the question. Is the winter time really the nativity season? When was Jesus actually born?

When Was Jesus Born?
The actual answer is, no one knows. We do however know from prophecy that he would be the Messiah for three and a half years, and be cut off. We know the date he died, and that he was 30 when he was anointed Nisan 14 33 CE, so going back a half of year, would put it in the fall sometime, most likely. At any rate, when God's angel announced his birth to some of His people, they were tending their flocks in the field, something that would be extremely unlikely late in December, especially then when global warming hadn't came into the picture yet. :)

Reactions: Jim B

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual answer is, no one knows. We do however know from prophecy that he would be the Messiah for three and a half years, and be cut off. We know the date he died, and that he was 30 when he was anointed Nisan 14 33 CE, so going back a half of year, would put it in the fall sometime, most likely. At any rate, when God's angel announced his birth to some of His people, they were tending their flocks in the field, something that would be extremely unlikely late in December, especially then when global warming hadn't came into the picture yet. :)
I think we can get close as I explain in the video. And I agree it wasn't in December. :)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can get close as I explain in the video. And I agree it wasn't in December. :)
We really don't even know exactly how old Jesus was when he began his work, the Bible simply states about 30 yrs old. But since the Messiah was cut off at the half of the week (7yrs) and we know the actual date he died, going back that half year, we honestly believe he was born in the fall around 33 1/2 yrs earlier.

Evidence of course shows "christmas" which has nothing to do with Christianity or Jesus, was actually a celebration of the winter solstice that was dedicated to Jesus by some well meaning people to try to steer them toward Christianity. Same thing happened when God's people ignorantly made a golden calf, and tried to dedicate it to Jehovah, but He didn't accept it. Ex 32:4,5 It is hard to believe, but Aaron is the one that tried to convert that celebration of the pagan god to a celebration to Jehovah.