when will the two witnesses appear and WHO ARE THEY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture and the appearance of the two witnesses occur at the same time. That is when the Holy Spirit, the restrainer, is removed, THE ANTICHRIST is revealed and his seven year covenant is made and the tribulation Temple becomes active for the new covenant with the houses of Israel and Judah.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture and the appearance of the two witnesses occur at the same time. That is when the Holy Spirit, the restrainer, is removed, THE ANTICHRIST is revealed and his seven year covenant is made and the tribulation Temple becomes active for the new covenant with the houses of Israel and Judah.

Show me scripture supporting your rapture

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome back to the forum! Good to see you here again.

Reactions: CoreIssue

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when will the two witnesses appear and WHO ARE THEY

Who are these two witnesses? I think the details of the account help us to identify them. We are told that they “are symbolized by the two olive trees and the two lampstands.” (Rev. 11:4) Doesn't this reminds us of the lampstand and two olive trees described in the prophecy of Zechariah? Those olive trees were said to picture “the two anointed ones,” that is, Governor Zerubbabel and High Priest Joshua, “standing alongside the Lord of the whole earth.” (Zech. 4:1-3, 14) The two witnesses are described as performing signs similar to those performed by Moses and Elijah. Compare Revelation 11:5, 6 with Numbers 16:1-7, 28-35 and 1 Kings 17:1; 18:41-45.

What is the common denominator that links these references? I think in each case, the account refers to God’s anointed ones who took the lead during a difficult time of testing. So in the fulfillment of Revelation chapter 11, the anointed brothers who took the lead at the time of the establishment of God’s Kingdom in heaven in 1914 preached “in sackcloth” for three and a half years.

At the end of their preaching in sackcloth, these anointed ones were symbolically killed when they were thrown into prison for a comparatively shorter period of time, a symbolic three and a half days. In the eyes of the enemies of God’s people, their work had been killed, causing those opponents much joy.—Rev. 11:8-10.

However, true to the words of the prophecy, at the end of the three and a half days, the two witnesses were brought back to life. Not only were these anointed ones released from prison but those who remained faithful received a special appointment from God through their Lord, Jesus Christ. In 1919 they were among those who were appointed to serve as a “faithful and discreet slave” to care for the spiritual needs of God’s people during the last days.—Matt. 24:45-47; Rev. 11:11, 12.

Revelation 11:1, 2 links these events to a time when the spiritual temple would be measured, or evaluated. Malachi chapter 3 mentions a similar inspection of the spiritual temple, followed by a time of cleansing. (Mal. 3:1-4) How long did this inspection and cleansing work take? It extended from 1914 to the early part of 1919. This period of time includes both the 1,260 days (42 months) and the symbolic three and a half days referred to in Revelation chapter 11.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we can only die once...
Revelation 21:8
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is when the Holy Spirit, the restrainer, is removed...
"Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams"

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Apostle...

Revelation 10:11
"And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

;)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are correct the two witnesses are the Old and the New Testaments, for 1260 years they prophesied in sackcloth (that is they were cloth in sackcloth, a.k.a. the dead languages, Latin). These are the two olive trees and the two lamp-stands (light bearers) another reference to the Old and the New Testaments.

They are also referred to as "the two anointed ones" in Zechariah's vision fond in Zech 4:1-14
Finally. Someone using the Bible to interpret the Bible.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:8
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
one physical death and then for those God condemns eternal separation in the lake of fire is called the second death. Moses suffered one physical death and no second death.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only two people have been taken to heaven without dying, Enoch and Elijah.

Since we can only die once and they die mid trib, it cannot be Moses.
I agree with CoreIssue. Don't know for sure, but I have the same reasoning.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God choice
Jesus chioce

or maybe someone else.

IMO it will be both Elijah and Enoch, the two taken alive to the heavens.

Elijah is everyone’s choice of one of them - and I think there’s no reason to also take Enoch alive unto heaven, too, unless he’s one of the two.

Also I think God probably took them out of their timeline, directly to their future timeline as the two witnesses, but that’s just conjecture.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jehovah witnesses.
I know that. But even a broken clock is correct once in a while.

As for your belief that Elijah and Enoch are the two witnesses. Apart from the fact that they are in heaven now, as is Moses, what evidence is there that they are coming back? What evidence is there that the two witnesses are even human? What evidence is there that the particular passage of scripture describing these events are literal at all? We need evidence. Not assumptions. Not guesswork. That's why I said 'at last, someone who is using scripture to interpret scripture'.

Reactions: pittsburghjoe

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IMO it will be both Elijah and Enoch, the two taken alive to the heavens.

Elijah is everyone’s choice of one of them - and I think there’s no reason to also take Enoch alive unto heaven, too, unless he’s one of the two.

Also I think God probably took them out of their timeline, directly to their future timeline as the two witnesses, but that’s just conjecture.
Unless you have Biblical support for the theory the two witnesses are Elijah and Enoch, then it is indeed conjecture. There is nothing to suggest in scripture that those two were taken alive to be brought back here. They lived their lives and are a type for the coming translation of the saints...as Moses was a type for the resurrection. Personally, I cannot imagine a loving God taking two men from heaven, after living their lives in such single-minded dedication to the cause of righteousness, brought back to earth at a time of its most intense wickedness and opposition to righteousness, to be murdered in the street like common criminals. And to what end? To what purpose?
Lu 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Reactions: Waiting on him

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Only two people have been taken to heaven without dying, Enoch and Elijah.

Since we can only die once and they die mid trib, it cannot be Moses.

That has been a longtime speculation of mine and I see how that logic could play in there.
I still don't see how Moses apearing at the Mt of transfiguration and his body being disputed over mean he will be one of the two witnesses?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi 3:1 KJV
[1] Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

here are the two messengers, for any who are ready to receive it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 13:1 KJV
[1] This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
Lol, Paul in this situation is the witness twice, and then also sends a letter.
2 Corinthians 13:2-4 KJV
[2] I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare: [3] Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. [4] For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:16-18

And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

via Paul Blase

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him