Where are the 5...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a beautiful Catholic Church here in Blacksburg and no American priests to lead it! They have got a Nigerian who the people can barely understand! Can’t trust the American priests over pedophilia!
Not american priests but modernist priests but there are some good american priests

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't usually do this but it is getting quite irritating.

First. theefaith is only here to push roman catholic teaching.

Second. He/she is always right and you are always wrong.

Third. You will never come to an amicable conclusion with him/her because what ever you say they will always quote a scripture out of context to supposedly support their take on things.

Fourth. Intelligent dialogue is not possible because theefaith's attitude is one of superiority and all they want to do is make you look small.

Sorry to say all that but them's the truth.

Reactions: rockytopva

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have nothing against the early apostles, but they too were fallible men. None of them are with us today to provide assistance. There are ministers called and sent by God today, but there are also some who say 'good' words by the wrong spirit.

Some are pretenders perhaps, but not all. You may not believe me but I have the gift of tongues from God which I speak everyday. I also have studied both German and Spanish so I understand things from that point of view as well. You should sometimes perhaps simply remain quiet rather than condemning everyone who disagrees with you. I know that some come at you that way at time, but we can never, I believe, confirm that two wrongs makes a right.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14
You pray in tongues? Are you referring to the gift that is not an earthly language, but a heavenly/angelic language that requires an interpreter? From my understanding, it is for personal edification. Paul speaks of the gift of prophecy as being more valuable for the edification of the church.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Condemned by whom? You or some other men? You have not defined what you mean by charismatic which if you are going to condemn them would be helpful. Are referring perhaps to speaking in tongues?

First Apostle Paul about himself:
"I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:" I Cor 14:18

Then he speaks about others:
"Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." I Cor 14:39
Jesus and the Apostles were charismatic. The most influential and moving preachers are as well. I recall a Priest I met in the 90's who was on a special mission for the Catholic Church in Europe. He was sent to the states to attend several Evangelical and Charismatic Churches, the Mega-Churches that grew fast and spread, like Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel and Greg Lauries Harvest Crusade, Jack Hayford's Church on the Way. This priest came to learn how to grow a church, evangelize ... evidently his Catholic Churches suffered sluggish growth. Can you believe It, they needed some lessons in how to grow a church.

Reactions: amadeus

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Miracles…

There are Protestant dogmas that reject the idea of miracles
There are Protestant dogmas that encourage faith that God will perform miracles

I think the faith that God will perform miracles in this day and time a good thing.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You pray in tongues? Are you referring to the gift that is not an earthly language, but a heavenly/angelic language that requires an interpreter? From my understanding, it is for personal edification. Paul speaks of the gift of prophecy as being more valuable for the edification of the church.
Yes, I pray in tongues daily, 7 days a week. I have done so for many years.

Tongues bringing God's message to people is another thing where an interpreter is required. I have never been used that way. My wife has been used to bring messages in tongues to the Church as well as to interpret messages in tongues.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and the Apostles were charismatic. The most influential and moving preachers are as well. I recall a Priest I met in the 90's who was on a special mission for the Catholic Church in Europe. He was sent to the states to attend several Evangelical and Charismatic Churches, the Mega-Churches that grew fast and spread, like Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel and Greg Lauries Harvest Crusade, Jack Hayford's Church on the Way. This priest came to learn how to grow a church, evangelize ... evidently his Catholic Churches suffered sluggish growth. Can you believe It, they needed some lessons in how to grow a church.
Not all Catholics reject speaking in tongued or all of the so-called charismatic movements. I recall many years ago when I was a new convert and working in San Francisco I met with several people during our lunch break on my secular job to pray and talk together about God and the things of God. The only person who stands out in my memory today from those gatherings was a Catholic who prayed regularly also in tongues. He was sincere follower of Christ and helped me in spite of the fact that I was attending a Oneness Jesus Only Pentecostal church. I lost track of him many years ago when my job moved me away from San Francisco... to Merced, CA

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't usually do this but it is getting quite irritating.

First. theefaith is only here to push roman catholic teaching.

(No, I here to obey Jude 1:3 contend for the faith of our fathers, help others find the biblical faith and church founded by Christ on Peter)

Second. He/she is always right and you are always wrong.

(what can I say, no really if you have it right I’ll do what scripture says “give honor where honor is due” and have done so many times)

Third. You will never come to an amicable conclusion with him/her because what ever you say they will always quote a scripture out of context to supposedly support their take on things.

( him mark)
(All scripture is inspired, says nothing about context, especially a spiritually blind fundamentalist Protestant context)

Fourth. Intelligent dialogue is not possible because theefaith's attitude is one of superiority and all they want to do is make you look small.

(sorry it comes off that way, no all are equal in Christ Jesus)

Sorry to say all that but them's the truth.

You can ask me anything always here for friendly biblical understanding

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But charismatic practices are a condemned heresy

Says who?
The one in Rome?
You know what heresy is?
Abusing, raping and murdering native children at Roman Catholic residential school.
And the one in Rome refuses to comment on the issue.
More heresy: Homosexuality among RC priests.

Don't grieve the Holy Spirit by saying speaking in tongues is heresy.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably the pope according to the one you are discussing this with.
And that's exactly where the problem is .
Yes, the Pope or a priest or for that matter any minister who someone looks to instead of looking always to God can be our problem. God uses men, but we should not look to those men without always consulting God. The best men of God make mistakes and provide us at times with misinformation. Keeping on seeking His kingdom and His righteousness and His face.

Reactions: Triumph1300

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says who?
The one in Rome?
You know what heresy is?
Abusing, raping and murdering native children at Roman Catholic residential school.

the apostles in council by the authority of Jesus Christ
That’s who

tongues are only unknown foreign languages

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the church teach them to do these things

that’s the apostate modernist counterfeit church of Vatican 2 not the one true church founded by Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says who?
The one in Rome?
You know what heresy is?

The union of the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles is such that it cannot be harmed by the sins of men!

Automatic excommunication is incured upon the exercise of the intellect and will to teach error or Hersey or to commit grave sin!

So the bride is spotless and without blemish!

The members of Christ in communion with God and each other are in a state of sanctifying grace!

We deplore the sins and outrages of abuse, most of which is done by homo’s on young boys, in any group especially those calling themselves Christian, the communists began infiltration in the seminary’s in the 30’s and the modernist’s and homo’s in the 60’s and 70’s

This is a symptom of error and Hersey
Modernism or theological liberalism, of the modern apostasy and nowhere does the true church teach anyone to do these things, nor do the Protestant sects which have the same issues!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.