Where did God come from? - The answer to a frequent question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all questions have answers in the Bible. In order to properly understand the Bible, you need to use the mind correctly. And quotes from the Bible will not help here.

The Bible answers all the questions I am interested in.

In order to properly understand the Bible you need to be born again, which gives life to your spirit. Which gives you the Spirit of Christ. So now that you are born of God you can study God's Word, and the Spirit will give you understanding. Through the spirit then to your mind. Not vice versa.

Jesus Christ depended on quotes from the Bible. "It is written". (Matt.4:4)

The answer to your question is very simple. God came from nowhere. He has always existed. As has already been told you. It is a simple question but hard to comprehend.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
The Bible answers all the questions I am interested in.

In order to properly understand the Bible you need to be born again, which gives life to your spirit. Which gives you the Spirit of Christ. So now that you are born of God you can study God's Word, and the Spirit will give you understanding. Through the spirit then to your mind. Not vice versa.

Jesus Christ depended on quotes from the Bible. "It is written". (Matt.4:4)

The answer to your question is very simple. God came from nowhere. He has always existed. As has already been told you. It is a simple question but hard to comprehend.

Stranger
Are you sure you understood the title of the topic correctly? This is not my question. I have the answer to this question, in the title of the topic it is indicated. And then everything is written and there is a link to my article, in which there is an answer to this question.
I always wondered how people can be sure that they correctly understand the Bible when they can not correctly interpret a simple phrase ...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure you understood the title of the topic correctly? This is not my question. I have the answer to this question, in the title of the topic it is indicated. And then everything is written and there is a link to my article, in which there is an answer to this question.
I always wondered how people can be sure that they correctly understand the Bible when they can not correctly interpret a simple phrase ...

Again, the question you pose is simply understood and answered by believing what is said in the Bible. And believing the Bible is enough. "It is written".

Stranger

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not all questions have answers in the Bible. In order to properly understand the Bible, you need to use the mind correctly. And quotes from the Bible will not help here.
Thats what I would say if I was stuck. But I aint stuck.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer to this question is for those for whom the Bible is not an authority.

Understood. And such argument does have it's place. It has been my experience though that those who do not come by simple faith, never come by my proving God's existance. And, I'm not sure I would want them to. Because if I can argue them in, some far more intelligent unbeliever can argue them out. But if they came in by faith, they believed, then they are there forever.

Stranger

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
If I may interject: Not all who call Him Lord are his (not all are actually Christian).
And this, too. Although it is very difficult to judge who is a true Christian and who is not. But very many Christians have a problem - they do not use the mind that God gave them. Moreover, they generally do not want to do this.

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
Understood. And such argument does have it's place. It has been my experience though that those who do not come by simple faith, never come by my proving God's existance. And, I'm not sure I would want them to. Because if I can argue them in, some far more intelligent unbeliever can argue them out. But if they came in by faith, they believed, then they are there forever.

Stranger
My vocation is to work through the mind. I know that God exists. And I can prove this by as much as I can prove anything at all.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My vocation is to work through the mind. I know that God exists. And I can prove this by as much as I can prove anything at all.

If you know God exists, it is because you first came by faith. If you didn't come by faith, then you didn't come.

If you reason someone into Christianity, then they are not born again. And they can be reasoned out.

You don't need to prove God or Christ. You declare them. The Holy Ghost will do the persuading. And then, they are saved forever.

Recognize that the natural mind is against God. The believer has another mind, that of the Spirit. The believer has another 'knowing', separate from the natural reasoning of the fleshly mind. If you want to work with the mind, work with the one of the Spirit.

Stranger

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
If you know God exists, it is because you first came by faith. If you didn't come by faith, then you didn't come.

If you reason someone into Christianity, then they are not born again. And they can be reasoned out.

You don't need to prove God or Christ. You declare them. The Holy Ghost will do the persuading. And then, they are saved forever.

Recognize that the natural mind is against God. The believer has another mind, that of the Spirit. The believer has another 'knowing', separate from the natural reasoning of the fleshly mind. If you want to work with the mind, work with the one of the Spirit.

Stranger
I do not quite agree with you. I do not believe in the existence of God, I know that God exists. I believe God, I believe what God says. I believe that God is kind, holy and just. And He can not deceive. But the fact that He exists - I know.
My views are described in more detail in my article: Faith and knowledge or serious mistake of Christianity

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not quite agree with you. I do not believe in the existence of God, I know that God exists. I believe God, I believe what God says. I believe that God is kind, holy and just. And He can not deceive. But the fact that He exists - I know.
My views are described in more detail in my article: Faith and knowledge or serious mistake of Christianity

You make such contradictory statements. You say you do not believe in the existance of God yet you say you know God exists? Sorry, I lost total interest in your article. Explain it to me here what you mean.

Stranger

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
You make such contradictory statements. You say you do not believe in the existance of God yet you say you know God exists? Sorry, I lost total interest in your article. Explain it to me here what you mean.

Stranger
Here, just, the article explains it in detail. At least the article is translated by an interpreter. But my English is weak.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, just, the article explains it in detail. At least the article is translated by an interpreter. But my English is weak.

Let me just ask , how do you 'know' Jesus Christ is your Lord and Saviour?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this I believe on the basis of the Bible. Because I know that the Bible is reliable information from God that I can trust. And I know that God exists.

See, you believe. Then know.

All men know God exists. God tells us this. (Romans 1:19-20) They may say they don't but God says they do. That doesn't get them saved. But some believe God and what He says and come to Him believing the way of salvation He gave.

It never really is a question of does God exist. That is known. Its a question of do you want to come to God His way. Then when one exercises faith towards the God who wrote the Bible, which now is faith in Jesus Christ, then you are born again and have a knowing that those of the world do not have and cannot have.

Stranger

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
See, you believe. Then know.

All men know God exists. God tells us this. (Romans 1:19-20) They may say they don't but God says they do. That doesn't get them saved. But some believe God and what He says and come to Him believing the way of salvation He gave.

It never really is a question of does God exist. That is known. Its a question of do you want to come to God His way. Then when one exercises faith towards the God who wrote the Bible, which now is faith in Jesus Christ, then you are born again and have a knowing that those of the world do not have and cannot have.

Stranger
No, I first know, and then I believe. I know that God exists, and I believe Him. Not all people know that God exists and very few people can lead rational arguments to this.
And in general, our conversation has already departed far from the topic of discussion.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I first know, and then I believe. I know that God exists, and I believe Him. Not all people know that God exists and very few people can lead rational arguments to this.
Indeed. When I first came to know God, I did not believe, but took a chance in my disbelief. To my surprise, He answered, at which point, I had no reason to "believe" there is a God...I knew it (as a fact) straight away.

Reactions: eugenelester

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
It seems like a very simple question and every believer should know an easy answer on it. But if we google a little bit and read the answers of the Christians and the contrarguments of atheists it shows that everything is not so simple, clear and easy.

That’s why I have a desire to write my own variant of the answer.
Where did God come from?

Man was created in the image of God so God and man are the same exact thing. Once you know what the "thing" is, then you will understand exactly how visible images and thoughts can appear in our individual minds and how some individual minds can be chosen to participate in the knowledge of Christ while the rest of the minds are blocked from this knowledge.

The God that you read about in the Bible is not what most people think it is.