Where did God come from? - The answer to a frequent question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
Indeed. When I first came to know God, I did not believe, but took a chance in my disbelief. To my surprise, He answered, at which point, I had no reason to "believe" there is a God...I knew it (as a fact) straight away.
Yes, I also had a personal revelation from God. But then I decided to find objective evidence of His existence. And they were found.

Reactions: ScottA

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
Man was created in the image of God so God and man are the same exact thing. Once you know what the "thing" is, then you will understand exactly how visible images and thoughts can appear in our individual minds and how some individual minds can be chosen to participate in the knowledge of Christ while the rest of the minds are blocked from this knowledge.

The God that you read about in the Bible is not what most people think it is.
From the fact that man is created in the image of God, does not mean that man is God.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
From the fact that man is created in the image of God, does not mean that man is God.

Man and God are the same exact thing but since you don't understand what the thing is, then you will remain confused until you wake up on a new earth with your eternal partner of the opposite sex. Only us servants who testify to the knowledge of God called Christ learn what Man and God are and anyone chosen to listen to the gospel of God we preach to them and believe it to be true.

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
Man and God are the same exact thing but since you don't understand what the thing is, then you will remain confused until you wake up on a new earth with your eternal partner of the opposite sex. Only us servants who testify to the knowledge of God called Christ learn what Man and God are and anyone chosen to listen to the gospel of God we preach to them and believe it to be true.
I always thought that God is omnipotent. And I do not notice such abilities for a person. How can God and man be the same?

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
I always thought that God is omnipotent. And I do not notice such abilities for a person. How can God and man be the same?

If you understand how artificial intelligence and voice recognition systems work, then you can understand what man and God are. If you listen to the voice named "siri" from an Apple IPhone, she will give you answers to your questions. The voice of God is similar to the voice named "siri" but the voice of God has a lot of personality in it. It can sound loud and demanding when disciplining you or very soft and comforting after disciplining you. It can cause fear when it catches you doing something wrong or it can feed your mind words, visions, dreams and spoken analogies to teach you how you're created.

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
If you understand how artificial intelligence and voice recognition systems work, then you can understand what man and God are. If you listen to the voice named "siri" from an Apple IPhone, she will give you answers to your questions. The voice of God is similar to the voice named "siri" but the voice of God has a lot of personality in it. It can sound loud and demanding when disciplining you or very soft and comforting after disciplining you. It can cause fear when it catches you doing something wrong or it can feed your mind words, visions, dreams and spoken analogies to teach you how you're created.
The artificial intelligence systems are man-made and are not capable of possessing personality traits. These are all the same usual bots. God is the Almighty Person-the First Cause, the Creator of everything. God by the way can only be one, since He is the Absolute. There can not be more than one Absolute. And you say that man and God are one and the same. But there are a lot of people and all of them are limited.
Why God is the Only One?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...quote eugenelester.. "My vocation is to work through the mind. "

That is sad to hear...it can let us down at any time!! It may be a vocation, but it sure isn't a 'calling'...therefore it is not a 'hearing' relationship with God.....but your own counsel!!
We don't need the bible to believe or prove God...Adam, Moses, Abraham ......didn't have one..
God "wrote it" in the sky and in creation for all to see , which goes for us..and also against us if we reject Him.
Romans 1.20. "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse"

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
...quote eugenelester.. "My vocation is to work through the mind. "

That is sad to hear...it can let us down at any time!! It may be a vocation, but it sure isn't a 'calling'...therefore it is not a 'hearing' relationship with God.....but your own counsel!!
We don't need the bible to believe or prove God...Adam, Moses, Abraham ......didn't have one..
God "wrote it" in the sky and in creation for all to see , which goes for us..and also against us if we reject Him.
Romans 1.20. "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse"

Did you communicate with atheists? I talked. They mostly ask the right and good questions. But Christians are so stony in their understanding of God that they do not try to understand atheists. And the questions of atheists make us think. And to use the mind of Christ, which is given to us.
Your quote from the Bible is beautiful. Like everything in the Bible. But in fact, we must be able to show others how exactly the entire creation indicates the existence of God. This quote just shows that we can provide evidence of the existence of God through His creation.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
The artificial intelligence systems are man-made and are not capable of possessing personality traits. These are all the same usual bots. God is the Almighty Person-the First Cause, the Creator of everything. God by the way can only be one, since He is the Absolute. There can not be more than one Absolute. And you say that man and God are one and the same. But there are a lot of people and all of them are limited.
Why God is the Only One?

Man and God are ONE but most created men do not understand this fact yet.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States

The created mind of a created man is connected to the mind of God as ONE THING. Once you understand what that ONE THING is, then you can understand all the prophecies in the OT..

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eugenelester..Quote:- "But in fact, we must be able to show others how exactly the entire creation indicates the existence of God. This quote just shows that we can provide evidence of the existence of God through His creation."
Who says so? Why must we " be able to show others exactly the entire creation shows the existence of God" ?
Come on...HE has already done it better than we can!!
It says in Hebrews that Jesus was the outraying of God ( His Light)
We can talk to people, we can tell them how we got where we are , we can give our story. But we cannot impart faith or vision to anyone... Only the Holy Spirit can do that. Only God opens blind eyes. We don't " have to" prove anything to any man. That is not what God told His church to do....share the message yes, bind up the wounds yes, pray for them yes...but "prove anything" ....NO.
That is why it is " salvation by FAITH".., not , salvation by proof.

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
Eugenelester..Quote:- "But in fact, we must be able to show others how exactly the entire creation indicates the existence of God. This quote just shows that we can provide evidence of the existence of God through His creation."
Who says so? Why must we " be able to show others exactly the entire creation shows the existence of God" ?
Come on...HE has already done it better than we can!!
It says in Hebrews that Jesus was the outraying of God ( His Light)
We can talk to people, we can tell them how we got where we are , we can give our story. But we cannot impart faith or vision to anyone... Only the Holy Spirit can do that. Only God opens blind eyes. We don't " have to" prove anything to any man. That is not what God told His church to do....share the message yes, bind up the wounds yes, pray for them yes...but "prove anything" ....NO.
That is why it is " salvation by FAITH".., not , salvation by proof.
A very simple answer to you in the form of a question that is usually asked by unbelievers. Why is your God real, and others not? Or is your God better than the gods of other religions? Or from what you generally took that there is a God, your quote from the Bible does not say anything, explain in more detail.

dattaswami8

Jun 10, 2017
Mumabi
Faith
Christian
Country
India
God has no beginning and no end because God is unimaginable. The beginning and the end must be also unimaginable for an unimaginable item. The creator cannot be any item of the creation. If creator becomes creation, there must be some other creator for this creator to become the creation. Ad-infinitum (Anavastha) results. Science disproved some conclusions of the earlier logic and this should not be misunderstood as refusing God. God is in no way touched because the earlier logic also was dealing with only the analysis of created items. Tarka means the analysis of the items of creation, which are indicated and understood by their corresponding names or words (Tarkyante Padarthah Asminniti….). God is beyond all the words and cannot be the understood meaning of any word and therefore, logic cannot touch God.

Today science is the most advanced logic since the experimental verification was improved. Therefore if I am explaining the philosophy based on science, it means that the philosophy is more and more clear due to the advanced logic. I told you already that the logic (science) is only useful to refuse any item of creation as not God.

We should base the subject of philosophy related to God on good logic, which is scientific and systematic without defects like mutual contradiction, ad-infinitum etc.

The example for ad-infinitum is that an endless chain is created in statements like ‘which is the cause for God?’ In the analysis of creation, you may go on stating the cause for every cause.

You may say that the cause for earth is water. The cause for water is fire. The cause for fire is air. The cause for air is space. The cause for space is God (Atmana Aakashah… Veda). You should stop at a particular cause, which has no cause. If you go on giving cause to every cause, the chain will never end. Such a defect is called as ad-infinitum (Anavasthaa). To remove this defect, we have to stop at some cause, which is called as the ultimate cause i.e., the God. Hence, the subject of philosophy (Vedanta) should be always based on good logic (Sat tarka) only. Shankara told this point that bad crooked logic should be stopped and good logic should be followed in any discussion (Dustarkah suviramyataam shrutimatah tarkonu sandhiyataam…).

Reactions: eugenelester

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It seems like a very simple question and every believer should know an easy answer on it. But if we google a little bit and read the answers of the Christians and the contrarguments of atheists it shows that everything is not so simple, clear and easy.

That’s why I have a desire to write my own variant of the answer.
Where did God come from?

God doesn't come from anywhere. God is the origin (itself). Everything comes from God including space, location, etc.

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like a very simple question and every believer should know an easy answer on it. But if we google a little bit and read the answers of the Christians and the contrarguments of atheists it shows that everything is not so simple, clear and easy.

Where did God come from?

God helped me understand the idea of His eternal existence by showing me that no matter where I try to draw a line across the universe and say that space stops here, there will always be something on the other side of the line, even if its just empty space. So even the heavens teach us about God.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden

Where did God come from?
beliving in God is more logical

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
My honest answer is that i don't know, but I do have an opinion based on observations. I am of the idea that God came from the minds and imaginations of human beings looking for answers pertaining to existence, how nature works, and individual purpose. Over time concrete "god" concepts arose as groups of people united their ideas. Specific gods became affiliated with certain tribes of people and as the tribes of men interacted and fought, the victors and their deity concepts were promoted. Man's knowledge grew so some deistic ideas fell by the wayside while others were refined to keep up with the times.

Reactions: Justadude

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My honest answer is that i don't know, but I do have an opinion based on observations. I am of the idea that God came from the minds and imaginations of human beings looking for answers pertaining to existence, how nature works, and individual purpose. Over time concrete "god" concepts arose as groups of people united their ideas. Specific gods became affiliated with certain tribes of people and as the tribes of men interacted and fought, the victors and their deity concepts were promoted. Man's knowledge grew so some deistic ideas fell by the wayside while others were refined to keep up with the times.
That's like saying pots are the result of people using them, rather than them being made by a potter.

But even your own ideas or analogy end with all things being made; and if made, then there is a Maker.

Your logic is simply incomplete.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
While I generally don't like to get into the "does God exist" debates, I will say that I've always seen the concept of gods and religion as one of man's early attempts to explain the world around him. Why is there a drought? Why did it flood? Why did the volcano erupt? What was that earthquake? Why is the sun dark today? What's that big thing in the night sky (comets)?

It's surprising how much religion can be boiled down to the simple concept of "the gods are angry/pleased".

Reactions: Truth OT