Where do aborted babies go?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you think aborted babies go?

• Heaven

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Hell

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies CANNOT sin! They have no idea of right from wrong.

Just say "babies will not burn in Hell". Can you?

See above.

The Bible says otherwise.

Romans 5:12

New American Standard Bible

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Genesis 6:5

5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

From Got Questions:
Question: "Do the souls of aborted babies go to heaven?"

Answer:
Abortion as we know it today was not practiced in biblical times, and the Bible never specifically mentions the issue of abortion. It is clear from the Scriptures that an unborn baby is known by the Lord, even from the time of conception (Psalm 139:13-16). Although the Bible does not mention abortion or aborted babies, we do have two keys to help us unlock the answer to the question of whether the souls of aborted babies go to heaven.

The first key is from the only passage in the Bible where something specific is said about the death of infants. In 2 Samuel 12 we learn of David’s affair with Bathsheba, another man’s wife. David was informed by the prophet Nathan that the child produced by that union would die. David then began to fast and pray, asking the Lord to not carry out His judgment. When the child did die, David got up from praying and fasting and ate something.

When asked about this behavior, David uttered the words recorded in 2 Samuel 12:23, “Now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” David’s words reflect a clear understanding that the child could not come back to earth, but David would be with his child one day in heaven. This indicates not only David’s assurance of his own future in heaven (Psalm 23:6), but also the assurance that his child would share that future. From this account, we can conclude that infants who die are destined for heaven.

The second key to dealing with this issue is an understanding of the character and attributes of God. A God of justice must punish sin, for the Bible teaches us that “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Neither an unborn child nor an aborted baby has had the opportunity to willfully sin; however, every child conceived bears the sin nature inherited from Adam (Psalm 51:5) and is therefore subject to judgment. At the same time, God reveals Himself as a God of goodness and mercy (Psalm 136:26). He is “gracious in all His works” (Psalm 145:17). It could very well be that God, in His grace, applies the sacrifice of Christ to the unborn victims of abortion. We know Christ’s blood is sufficient for such a thing. After all, Jesus died “for the sins of the whole world” (1 John 2:2).

The Bible does not specifically say whether or not an unborn child who dies goes to heaven. Without a clear passage, we can only speculate. However, we know of God’s love, goodness, and compassion. We know of David’s confidence that he would be with his child again. And we know that Jesus invited the children to come to Him (Luke 18:16). Based on these sureties, we believe it is appropriate to conclude that the souls of children are immediately in the presence of God when their lives are cut short by abortion.

It seems that the Bible and the people from Got Questions (respected theologians) agree with me.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You've been trying to convince that science rules the argument, yet you don't understand the most basic scientific facts regarding human growth.

zygote
[ˈzīˌɡōt]
NOUN
biology
  1. a diploid cell resulting from the fusion of two haploid gametes; a fertilized ovum.
Diploid Cell: Double the Chromosomes

It has all the DNA it will ever have.

Yeah .. that would be me - a Chemist/Microbiologist that does not understand the basic Scientific facts regarding human growth.
but hey .. I do know logical fallacy when I see it :)

Your post in no way supports your claim that a zygote is a living human .. sans having human DNA ..

Tell us how having human DNA makes that single cell - "A Baby" "A living Human"

1) Define what a human is 2) show how this cell fits into that definition.

Your claim that lack understanding of this process is Projection - of your failings onto others .. but do prove me wrong.

The Floor is yours. Blind me with "Science" ..

Your "Science Rules the Argument" claim is also false - as I never said this. You accusing me of things I did not say nor infer is becoming a habit with you.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Paul said many silly things - not sure this is one of those cases but don't really as I do not see this passage as support for the claim that Babies are Sinners

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 6:5

5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

From Got Questions:
Question: "Do the souls of aborted babies go to heaven?"

Answer:
Abortion as we know it today was not practiced in biblical times, and the Bible never specifically mentions the issue of abortion. It is clear from the Scriptures that an unborn baby is known by the Lord, even from the time of conception (Psalm 139:13-16). Although the Bible does not mention abortion or aborted babies, we do have two keys to help us unlock the answer to the question of whether the souls of aborted babies go to heaven.

The first key is from the only passage in the Bible where something specific is said about the death of infants. In 2 Samuel 12 we learn of David’s affair with Bathsheba, another man’s wife. David was informed by the prophet Nathan that the child produced by that union would die. David then began to fast and pray, asking the Lord to not carry out His judgment. When the child did die, David got up from praying and fasting and ate something.

When asked about this behavior, David uttered the words recorded in 2 Samuel 12:23, “Now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” David’s words reflect a clear understanding that the child could not come back to earth, but David would be with his child one day in heaven. This indicates not only David’s assurance of his own future in heaven (Psalm 23:6), but also the assurance that his child would share that future. From this account, we can conclude that infants who die are destined for heaven.

The second key to dealing with this issue is an understanding of the character and attributes of God. A God of justice must punish sin, for the Bible teaches us that “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Neither an unborn child nor an aborted baby has had the opportunity to willfully sin; however, every child conceived bears the sin nature inherited from Adam (Psalm 51:5) and is therefore subject to judgment. At the same time, God reveals Himself as a God of goodness and mercy (Psalm 136:26). He is “gracious in all His works” (Psalm 145:17). It could very well be that God, in His grace, applies the sacrifice of Christ to the unborn victims of abortion. We know Christ’s blood is sufficient for such a thing. After all, Jesus died “for the sins of the whole world” (1 John 2:2).

The Bible does not specifically say whether or not an unborn child who dies goes to heaven. Without a clear passage, we can only speculate. However, we know of God’s love, goodness, and compassion. We know of David’s confidence that he would be with his child again. And we know that Jesus invited the children to come to Him (Luke 18:16). Based on these sureties, we believe it is appropriate to conclude that the souls of children are immediately in the presence of God when their lives are cut short by abortion.

It seems that the Bible and the people from Got Questions (respected theologians) agree with me.
Your God burns babies in Hell? Pity you on Judgment Day! You can't trust a God that burns babies in Hell.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your previous posts prove nothing.

Your question ignores the question of development.

Level of Development. The unborn fetus is at an earlier stage of his or her development than a newborn baby, but an eight-year-old child is less developed (both physically and mentally) than an adolescent. Older, stronger, more intelligent humans do not have more dignity and fundamental rights than those who are younger, weaker, less intelligent, and more vulnerable. To use the acorn analogy, an acorn is not a “potential” oak tree but rather a tiny living oak tree inside a shell. It is at the same level of development that every oak tree once existed during that particular stage of life.

Your argument has failed.

Why should my question consider the level of development ? but, my question does not ignore the level of development.

In fact I specifically give the stage of development when I believe the soul alights - I gave both religious and scientific reasons for this belief.

You on the other hand do not have a coherent argument .. Yes .. there is a process whereby the creation of the structure of a human takes place .. OK .. tell us something we are not all aware of.

How on earth does this address when the soul arrives ?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is a just God
So in case there's no scripture in reference to babies going to hell or heaven.... in my thinking
God will do what is just.......which is: God receiving their souls into heaven.
Why this is even a cause of disagreement amongst Christians puzzles me.
Bizarre

Just my 2 cents about the issue.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a just God
So in case there's no scripture in reference to babies going to hell or heaven.... in my thinking
Bizarre

How would that fit in with this:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is a just God
Bizarre

I would expect that if the bab y had to pass through Judgement - like every other soul that dies - it would not have much of a problem getting though ... any other result would defeat the purpose of Judgement.

This disagreement is Sola Fide "Faith Alone" doctrine gone wild

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How would that fit in with this:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Don't really see how this fits into a discussion of when the baby gets in .. again due to lack of sin -- but tough passage. I forgot about this one. My first question would be to ask if this is a Markan passage or one of Matt's additions.

This seems to go against the earlier part of the Sermon on the mount - where Jesus sets the bar quite low - "more righteous than the Pharisees and law makers" - Jesus didn't think much of those folks.

Also possibly the first line "Blessed are the poor in spirit - for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven".

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah .. that would be me - a Chemist/Microbiologist that does not understand the basic Scientific facts regarding human growth.
but hey .. I do know logical fallacy when I see it :)

Your post in no way supports your claim that a zygote is a living human .. sans having human DNA ..

Tell us how having human DNA makes that single cell - "A Baby" "A living Human"

1) Define what a human is 2) show how this cell fits into that definition.

Your claim that lack understanding of this process is Projection - of your failings onto others .. but do prove me wrong.

The Floor is yours. Blind me with "Science" ..

Your "Science Rules the Argument" claim is also false - as I never said this. You accusing me of things I did not say nor infer is becoming a habit with you.

First, I must tell you honestly that I don't believe you are a chemist/microbiologist. I say this, because I am a teacher of science. My Pastor has his degree in biology. A fertilized ova is the beginning of life. PERIOD. The only thing that changes it is replication. All the stages of life are already present. Our bodies change throughout our lives, but we all started the same. A fertilized ova.

Second, meet my good friend Terry Egolf.

Christian School Article | Meet the Author: Terry Egolf, Science Textbooks | BJU Press

Meet the Author: Terry Egolf

What do the Navy and BJU Press science textbooks have in common? Terry Egolf, secondary author for BJU Press.

Majoring in zoology with a geology minor; longtime ocean-lover; 20 years of Naval service as a submarine officer, nuclear engineer, and intelligence officer; Christian school science teacher; and Christian textbook author. Yes, Terry Egolf has pretty much done it all.

I'd say his resume is superior to both of us.

I don't have to prove anyone wrong. I just have to let you demonstrate that for yourself.

I lift you to the Father in prayer.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would expect that if the bab y had to pass through Judgement - like every other soul that dies - it would not have much of a problem getting though ... any other result would defeat the purpose of Judgement.

This disagreement is Sola Fide "Faith Alone" doctrine gone wild

Red bolding mine.

This is the problem "I would expect"

You can have this opinion/expectation all you want, and you are welcome to have it. But your opinion doesn't reflect what the Bible teaches.

Sola Fide says that salvation comes from grace alone. It's a gift.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies CANNOT sin! Satan says otherwise!

Your inability to understand this, is on you. The Bible says otherwise.

It comes down to this: Do you believe whatever you want because it makes you feel more humane, or do believe what the Bible says?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible doesn't tell us what happens to unelect babies. It does however, teach that babies are not innocent at birth.

Your conclusions are your own. Not mine.

You implied that I said as much. I've read the rules, insulting other posters is not allowed.

I remember reading some of the early Christian fiction named after the apostles, like the Apocalypse of Peter, and the Apocalypse of Paul. One of them had a section of all the aborted babies in hell along with their mothers. So whether fiction or truth, this is what the early Christians believed.

The Apocalypse of Peter
25. And near that place I saw another strait place into which the gore and the filth of those who were being punished ran down and became there as it were a lake: and there sat women having the gore up to their necks, and over against them sat many children who were born to them out of due time, crying; and there came forth from them sparks of fire and smote the women in the eyes: and these were the accursed who conceived and caused abortion.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your inability to understand this, is on you. The Bible says otherwise.
So, give us Bible.
It comes down to this: Do you believe whatever you want because it makes you feel more humane, or do believe what the Bible says?
If your God burns babies in Hell then what makes you think He will have mercy on you?

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Same thing.. The woman is given a potion to induce a miscarriage rather than using a coat hanger.. an abortion by either method.

Sorry as one who has been involved in the issue of abortion for 40 years I can assure you giving a potion to produce a miscarriage is nothing like going to a paid assassin to ask him to kill your baby and do a medical procedure that involves cutting the baby to pieces to get the dead baby out of the womb which can affect you emotionally for 20, 30. 40 years after the event.

I could post a picture of what that is like but I am not allowed to because it might upset you.

Reactions: kcnalp

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The claim that a single human cell is defacto "a baby" is patent nonsense.

Only to those who cannot handle the truth. Scripture, medical science, empirical evidence, and reality all attest to the fact that when an egg and sperm join, there is your baby with everything that it needs to live outside the womb. The pro-aborts have invented all sorts of fairy stories and this is one of them, to try and prove that killing babies is not killing babies. When one fails, they invent another one. Like it is not a baby until it is outside the womb. So the minute before they are born what are they? Mumble, mumble, mumble.

Reactions: kcnalp