Where do aborted babies go?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you think aborted babies go?

• Heaven

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Hell

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and you think Jesus operated on this principal the highlighted section which indicate you look forward to?
Yes, Jesus will destroy, slay the wicked.
This happens when he comes a second time.
Notice here Luke 19 in v27,
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Luke 19
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.

19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)

26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As Christians, we look forward to the world to come wherein dwelleth righteousness. But you dont get there from here without the destruction of the wicked world system and the wicked who live in it.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Luke 3:9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Luke 3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

Jesus compared the times of Noah, to the end of the age when he returns. The first world destroyed by water, but the second will be destroyed by fire, in a sudden destruction note v9 here, Paul is only saying the promise of salvation is for the people of God, whose names are written in heaven, all the rest are fuel for the fire. The end for them not of God, is to be burned. To be of God means you are born again of the Spirit of God. And only those who are of God hear Him , actually listen to Him and then do what he says.
John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 Thessalonians 5
King James Version
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth is where the wicked are burning in the fire of hell.

Matthew 24
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The psalm writer describing the wicked, exposing their character, and extends that back to when they are born.
Why not refer to the writer as David, whom also sung about being born in sin.

The only time in history when all men were wicked to the extreme like that was at the time of Noah's flood. When the Nephilim corrupted all mankind and even corrupted all flesh that breathed air.
All are like dirty rags ... there is not one good except Christ.

3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
You keep presenting scripture that dies not defend your position.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you believe God would send innocent babies to hell? That doesn't seem right to me.
Well, as long as our righteousness is the yardstick.

Does it seem right to abort babies in the first place?

Should God send the babies to heaven and their teenage mothers to Hell for murder?

What is your feeling about The Flood that killed everyone except Noah’s family (there were probably a lot of babies punished in the flood).

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why not refer to the writer as David, whom also sung about being born in sin.

All are like dirty rags ... there is not one good except Christ.

You keep presenting scripture that dies not defend your position.

Psalm 37:14 The wicked have drawn the sword And have bent their bow, To cast down the poor and needy, To slay those who are of upright conduct.

Psalm 37:28 For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Psalm 37:34 Wait on the Lord, And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.

Psalm 39:1
To the Chief Musician. To Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.
I said, “I will guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, While the wicked are before me.”

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb; They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.

Proverbs 10:6 Blessings are on the head of the righteous, But violence covers the mouth of the wicked.

Proverbs 12:5 The thoughts of the righteous are right, But the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.

Proverbs 12:6 The words of the wicked are, “Lie in wait for blood,” But the mouth of the upright will deliver them.

Proverbs 12:7 The wicked are overthrown and are no more, But the house of the righteous will stand.

Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Proverbs 15:26 The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord, But the words of the pure are pleasant.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
That supports my original post, that it depends who your parents are that determines whether an aborted fetus goes to heaven or not. Those who have been saved have been forgiven and thus their sin of abortion prior to that. Reprobates are evil out of the womb.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some people here are saying all people are the wicked ones, but obviously the scriptures does not agree with that.

The wicked are contrasted versus the righteous in scripture. And even in the Old Covenant period the Lord called some just and righteous and blameless. This was apart from their sin, as all sin, it was a blameless righteousness due to their faith, same as Abraham. Some here will also claim Abraham was a WICKED MAN, if they follow consistently with their idea about psalm 58.

Luke 1:5-7
New King James Version
John’s Birth Announced to Zacharias
5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah. His wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. 6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. 7 But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both well advanced in years.

Proverbs 17:15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord.

Proverbs 21:4 A haughty look, a proud heart, And the plowing of the wicked are sin.

Proverbs 24:24 He who says to the wicked, “You are righteous,” Him the people will curse; Nations will abhor him.

Proverbs 26:23 Fervent lips with a wicked heart Are like earthenware covered with silver dross.

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one pursues, But the righteous are bold as a lion.

Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

Proverbs 29:16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increases; But the righteous will see their fall.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, as long as our righteousness is the yardstick.

Does it seem right to abort babies in the first place?

Should God send the babies to heaven and their teenage mothers to Hell for murder?

What is your feeling about The Flood that killed everyone except Noah’s family (there were probably a lot of babies punished in the flood).

There was not much written about infants and young children. Just a few verses Jesus spoke about them (all positive), and very little in the apostles letters to the church. The question never seemed to come up or the answer was not recorded. I sort of take that to mean, there was an assumption among the people of that time that they would not go to hell to be tormented in fire. All the hell verses have to do with fully aware adults, their sins and faithlessness. This is a thing we cannot fully know yet. But my own reading of scripture says infants and young children did not go to hell. Before Christ there was fiery torments on one side and paradise close together. My sense is they went to paradise.

And what of Lazarus, who was he, this was before Christ was raised. I do think though Lazarus was a jew of the OC. As was this rich man.

19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and [h]fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Last edited:

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know. I do know that God is a merciful and loving God and that's enough for me. I do not agree with my Brother Pinseeker on some babies being among the elect and others not so (I think that is how he believes). We have different definitions of "elect" but that's a different thread. I do not think it necessary or do I think we are capable to understand all things. I would rather confess that I do not know for sure rather than force scripture to fit my desires.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As Christians, we look forward to the world to come wherein dwelleth righteousness. But you dont get there from here without the destruction of the wicked world system and the wicked who live in it.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Luke 3:9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Luke 3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

Jesus compared the times of Noah, to the end of the age when he returns. The first world destroyed by water, but the second will be destroyed by fire, in a sudden destruction note v9 here, Paul is only saying the promise of salvation is for the people of God, whose names are written in heaven, all the rest are fuel for the fire. The end for them not of God, is to be burned. To be of God means you are born again of the Spirit of God. And only those who are of God hear Him , actually listen to Him and then do what he says.
John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 Thessalonians 5
King James Version
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth is where the wicked are burning in the fire of hell.

Matthew 24
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
what is God like??? ...one who baths his feet in the blood of his enemies or one who while we were yet sinners dies for us so that we might live?

Reactions: Lambano

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what is God like??? ...one who baths his feet in the blood of his enemies or one who while we were yet sinners dies for us so that we might live?
Anyone who does not care for what the scriptures and Christ says has denied the truth and the faith.

More evidence here
Revelation 19
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

The Beast and His Armies Defeated
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone who does not care for what the scriptures and Christ says has denied the truth and the faith.

More evidence here
Revelation 19
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

The Beast and His Armies Defeated
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
You speak of evidence yet evidence is predicated on how you see/hear
'Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them.” Luke 8:18

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was not much written about infants and young children. Just a few verses Jesus spoke about them (all positive), and very little in the apostles letters to the church. The question never seemed to come up or the answer was not recorded.
The OT was less inclined to speculate than we are. Prior to Christ, the narrative typically ended at the grave and it was God alone that knew what lay beyond the grave. Jesus boldly declared truths about AFTER the grave. SOME spiritual truth was revealed to us, but not ALL truth.

I find it foolish to start with our VERY FLAWED human sense of “right and wrong” as the yardstick, and then to see how GOD measures up using our yardstick, and then speculate on divine truths as WE THINK THEY SHOULD BE.

I prefer the OT view of stopping where God’s revelation stops and the trusting in the CHARACTER of GOD … whatever happens to unborn babies; God will do the RIGHT THING (whatever THING He does).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ohhh, so he washes his feet in the blood of his enemies and then dips his robe in it..... is that what you're saying?
It seems to me you like a God who has a fetish for blood....and plenty of it. It reminds me of the the mindset of the heathens.....the more blood the better.
Orrrr, you could reconsider intent, context and the understanding of the writer.....and you could reconsider God's ultimate intent.......and where does one discover these things?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The OT was less inclined to speculate than we are. Prior to Christ, the narrative typically ended at the grave and it was God alone that knew what lay beyond the grave. Jesus boldly declared truths about AFTER the grave. SOME spiritual truth was revealed to us, but not ALL truth.

I find it foolish to start with our VERY FLAWED human sense of “right and wrong” as the yardstick, and then to see how GOD measures up using our yardstick, and then speculate on divine truths as WE THINK THEY SHOULD BE.

I prefer the OT view of stopping where God’s revelation stops and the trusting in the CHARACTER of GOD … whatever happens to unborn babies; God will do the RIGHT THING (whatever THING He does).
Of course. Just like Abraham says. And God did remove Lot and Lot's family before He fired the place into ashes. The only man who was righteous was Lot as Peter also testifies that Lot was righteous, but Lot was not perfected or sinless, he was justified and righteous due to his faith.
Lot's family was not so great, but often there is this imputation of holiness to close family members while they remain with the family when at least one of them has faith, as 1 Cor 7:14 teaches. Not that they are spiritually saved, just that they are blessed by God. He does that for the sake of the faithful one's family.

20 And the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, 21 I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

22 Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord. 23 And Abraham came near and said, “Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Suppose there were fifty righteous within the city; would You also destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous that were in it? 25 Far be it from You to do such a thing as this, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be as the wicked; far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

27 And Abraham went early in the morning to the place where he had stood before the Lord.

28 Then he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain; and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land which went up like the smoke of a furnace.

29 And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when He overthrew the cities in which Lot had dwelt.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Purgatory.
In the Bible everyone goes to Purgatory first, Jesus did as well.
I suppose that's where the gators pur or growl and are constantly putting the wind up you instead of chomping you.....and Jesus needed to go there because the torture he got prior was not enough?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Purgatory.
In the Bible everyone goes to Purgatory first, Jesus did as well.

There is no scripture mentioning purgatory anywhere in the bible.
Before Christ was resurrected, there was only hell of fiery torments for the wicked, and paradise for the faithful justified OT saints.
Neither is any limbo in scripture. OT saints never went to heaven as Christ had not yet opened the way to eternal life with God in heaven. But paradise was a pleasant place to await the resurrection and the New Covenant with its much better promises.

And Jesus after he died went to Paradise, a part of hell, which is simply the place all OT time period people went at their deaths. Jesus did not suffer in hell. But he did preach to the dead in hell. KJV uses 'hell', other versions use 'hades'
Both are simply the place of all the dead before the resurrection of Christ.

1. Acts 2:27
    Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    Acts 2:31
  2. He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Hell, Sheol, Hades, Paradise, and the Grave | Berean Bible Society

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no scripture mentioning purgatory anywhere in the bible.
Before Christ was resurrected, there was only hell of fiery torments for the wicked, and paradise for the faithful justified OT saints.
Neither is any limbo in scripture. OT saints never went to heaven as Christ had not yet opened the way to eternal life with God in heaven. But paradise was a pleasant place to await the resurrection and the New Covenant with its much better promises.

And Jesus after he died went to Paradise, a part of hell, which is simply the place all OT time period people went at their deaths. Jesus did not suffer in hell. But he did preach to the dead in hell. KJV uses 'hell', other versions use 'hades'
Both are simply the place of all the dead before the resurrection of Christ.

1. Acts 2:27
    Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    Acts 2:31
  2. He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Hell, Sheol, Hades, Paradise, and the Grave | Berean Bible Society
Paradise was here on earth before the Serpent corrupted Adam and Eve. that's what got them kicked out of the Land.
The truly Born again are also in Paradise, it's called the Kingdom of God.
All of the Jews did not go to Hell before Christ came. Abrahams what ? so they who were truly his are his.
Jesus never went down to Hell for anyone in fact.