Where do the two witness' prophesy for the 1260 days of the GT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
It would appear that they operate from Jerusalem...

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Good question and I have pondered it as well

We are told the gentiles trample Jerusalem for 42 months
We are told the 2 witnesses are killed in Jerusalem
We are told they torment everyone on earth

But for the actual location of the 2 witnesses while prophesying , all I could find was ... "They stand before the lord of the earth"

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
It is certain that they die in Jerusalem, & are resurrected there....but the Where? is a mystery for now; we are not told. It is apparent that they irritated the entire pagan Earth, for when they are finally killed, the world leaders have a party:
"And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth."

Remember: They are immortal until that day, & they know it, & are doing things that I think are going to be "in your face! Jesus is Lord & receive Him!" in hostile situations...maybe even confronting armies...with the rivers in that country turned to real blood, & fire from their mouths killing the adversaries....& bringing Drought.....& "ANY PLAGUES"...whatever those are...[ they will not be pleasant ] ...& even the Anti-Christ cannot touch them....!

"These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire."

Possibility: I think they travel around the world...in & out of countries, proclaiming Christ Jesus & His Blood as the One & only way to know the true God of Gods & be saved. I think they will lead hundreds of thousands of souls to the Lord...& their final witness is to the Jews.as they travel to Jerusalem to lay their lives down...preaching Christ as Savior Messiah...& maybe, knowing their awesome public resurrection, will prophesy this to the Jews there, & this event will cause the great repentance & receiving of Jesus!

Mourning for the Pierced One
“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo"

I think the bodily resurrection of the Two witnesses , after a very public ministry....watching two beheaded guys get new bodies, hearing a Voice; "COME UP HERE!"...& seeing them float upward to Heaven...after hearing their testimony about the Lordship of Jesus.....would cause the Jews to declare it also, & their Hardness would be cracked open into faith.

This is also a massive blow to the Anti-Christ declaring himself to be God, maybe more-so than any other on Earth before the return of Jesus ....to throw him, & his sorcerer prophet alive...to burn in the lake of fire. Also...when the Earth hears this...who knows who will repent & believe?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
Killed , yes , but where do they prophecy from ..... the whole world will see them ..... maybe TV .... ?
By Satellite on CNN or internets where every eye can see them.
Ungodly man hates to hear the Word of God for it is torment to their ears. And they come as the two trumpets who gather together the people of God who love the Word of truth. You could say... The Last altar call or Last Trumpet just a Trumpeter whom came on this forum last week or so and was persecuted for bringing us the Word of God being His Christ and asked to stop. I would think that Christians would love to hear what "Trumpeter" was called to do...

Num 10:1-3
10:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps.
3 And when they shall blow with them, all the assembly shall assemble themselves to thee at the door{Who is called the Door of our Tabernacle?} of the tabernacle of the congregation.
KJV
Zech 4:11-14
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.
KJV
Rev 11:1-8
11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3{-1/2yrs}
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
KJV

When ever we see the word And like this it means NEXT OR THEN as in succession order. So this is JESUS telling John of things to take place in order and in the future, not of the birth of Jesus again, but of the birth of his body who will be the sons of God.

Rev 11:11-12:5
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded {TIME IS UP AS SPOKEN OF IN REV 10:4 AND THE MYSTERY OF GOD IS ABOUT TO BE BORN};
and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
Revelation 12
12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule{AND REIGN WITH CHRIST FOR A 1,000 YRS}all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

KJV
These inherited the KINGDOM OF GOD and where the chosen/elect to rule and reign with Christ because they overcame the lusts of their flesh by the Word of their mouth and their testimony and were made in the image of Christ who is their head.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
By Satellite on CNN or internets where every eye can see them.
Ungodly man hates to hear the Word of God for it is torment to their ears. And they come as the two trumpets who gather together the people of God who love the Word of truth. You could say... The Last altar call or Last Trumpet just a Trumpeter whom came on this forum last week or so and was persecuted for bringing us the Word of God being His Christ and asked to stop. I would think that Christians would love to hear what "Trumpeter" was called to do...

Thus says The Lord: My Spirit is poured out, My messengers called and sent. And if you are willing to receive it, they are Elijah and John; first baptizing with My Word and fire, then many marvelous works performed through men... My witnesses, 144,000.
Behold, even Elijah and Moses shall come prophesying in My name, the coming of The Holy One called Christ. For these are the two lampstands, who shall be sent down to shout The Lord’s proclamation, the two witnesses who stand before The Lord God of Heaven and Earth.

Who else shall I send? Who will go for Me?!
Who will noise in the four corners and shout from the rooftops?
Who will go forth, in the name of The Lord?!...

For I shall surely anoint My messengers, with the Spirit of truth and power!...

Watchmen, go forth! Sound the trumpet!
For the Great and Terrible Day of The Lord draws nigh!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Trumpeter said:
Behold, even Elijah and Moses shall come prophesying in My name, the coming of The Holy One called Christ.
I think that has already happened at the transfiguration of Jesus ...... were not Moses and Elijah seen there as well ?

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Trumpeter said:
Thus says The Lord: My Spirit is poured out, My messengers called and sent. And if you are willing to receive it, they are Elijah and John; first baptizing with My Word and fire, then many marvelous works performed through men... My witnesses, 144,000.
Behold, even Elijah and Moses shall come prophesying in My name, the coming of The Holy One called Christ. For these are the two lampstands, who shall be sent down to shout The Lord’s proclamation, the two witnesses who stand before The Lord God of Heaven and Earth.

Who else shall I send? Who will go for Me?!
Who will noise in the four corners and shout from the rooftops?
Who will go forth, in the name of The Lord?!...

For I shall surely anoint My messengers, with the Spirit of truth and power!...

Watchmen, go forth! Sound the trumpet!
For the Great and Terrible Day of The Lord draws nigh!

Yes, and the two trees and the two lamps are the Messianic Jews and Gentiles within the 144,000 Believers sealed by the Holy Spirit...the 144,000 witnesses actually describe all Believers who witness during the Tribulation. 144,000 is a perfect number...12 x 12 x 1000, ( Perfect government x perfect government x testimony and complete righteousness to the third power.) and is representative of the whole of Israel, the Believing Jews, and the lost Ten tribes that are intermingled by blood throughout the world, and are now Believing Gentiles.

And the 3 1/2 days? That is a reference to the Great Trib, and the final raising of the quick and the dead at Yah'shua ha Mashiach's return, at the Parousia, which includes the raising of Enoch and Elijah. It is a reference not to days, but years...the second estimated 3.5 years of the Great Trib, and the entirety of the living and the dead Believers will all be raised at once. We do not know when they begin witnessing, nor when they are killed, only that it is 3.5 years before Yah'shua returns.

Yes, the Witnesses will include Enoch and Elijah, for it is necessary for them to die, and Elijah must precede the coming of Yah'shua Ben David, but the witnesses are all who give their witness of Yah'shua during the Tribulation.

Enoch and Elijah are necessary for the great power they hold, and their specific knowledge of what must be said to the Jews in Jerusalem, and to speak against the AntiChrist, but many of those of the entire body of Believers will be needed for a perfect witness around the world, in each locality. And their word of witness of ha Massiach, given in their blood, will convince many, even as every martyr to the faith brings forth much fruit to the Kingdom.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
guysmith said:
The ptoma-carcass, (singular) of them is upon the the broad place of "the great city" which is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt where also their Master was crucified. Yeshua was not crucified inside the walls of the city of Jerusalem but rather outside the gate. Where therefore was Yeshua crucified in this supernal or spiritual sense of the Revelation 11 passage? Though he was innocent and spotless Yeshua was crucified in the flesh. Likewise "Sodom" and "Egypt" are always employed as analogies of the flesh, the eyes of the flesh, and the mind of the flesh, including all of the interpretations thereof which come from the machinations of the imagination of the natural man who cannot understand these things. From Pharaoh, to Hagar the Egyptian, to the Word given to the prophet Ezekiel; the analogy of Egypt is always the flesh, "GREAT OF FLESH" (Ezekiel 16:26 KJV). Notice Hagar the Egyptian is analogous to Sinai in the following allegory of the Two Covenants:

Galatians 4:22-26 KJV
22. For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Jerusalem of "below" is the physical city and employed as an allegory of Hagar, Mount Sinai, and the Flesh.
Jerusalem of "above" is the spiritual city and employed as an allegory of Sarah, Mount Horeb, and the Spirit.

The Two Covenants are actually the same Covenant but rather viewed through two different sets of eyes:

1) Those who see all things according to the eyes-mind of the Flesh and walk according to belly of the Flesh.
2) Those who see all things according to the eyes-mind of the Testimony of Messiah and walk according to the Spirit.

Galatians 5:24-25 KJV
24. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
It doesn't look like we have an answer ..... no big deal i suppose ...... but what are your personal speculations ..... do you have any ?

For myself I always have a nagging suspicion that some of these type of endtime events may not be as we expect ..... God has a strange way of using strange people to give His initial warnings ...... for example John the Baptist sounded like the most unlikely person to represent anything Holy ...... he ate locusts and wild honey for crying out loud ...... I picture him coming out of the desert with long unkempt hair full of burrs and probably hadn't had a shave or bath for 20 years or so (smile)

Have you ever considered something similar with the 2 witnesses ?? ....

Even the Wonderful all-powerful Messiah popped on the scene how ???? .... born in a barn ..... riding on a donkey .... and hanging on a cross ....... about the last thing the people were expecting.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hi arnie,

You stated: For myself I always have a nagging suspicion that some of these type of endtime events may not be as we expect ..... God has a strange way of using strange people to give His initial warnings ...... for example John the Baptist sounded like the most unlikely person to represent anything Holy ...... he ate locusts and wild honey for crying out loud ...... I picture him coming out of the desert with long unkempt hair full of burrs and probably hadn't had a shave or bath for 20 years or so (smile)

Even the Wonderful all-powerful Messiah popped on the scene how ???? .... born in a barn ..... riding on a donkey ....
and hanging on a cross ....... about the last thing the people were expecting.

My response: Basically, they weren’t the kind you would see in a church pew every Sunday. I believe that they operated outside the religious establishment because their messages weren’t accepted by the religious establishment back then.

That said, do you think that the true purpose and true message of the two witnesses would be readily accepted
by the religious establishment of today?

You stated: It doesn't look like we have an answer ..... no big deal i suppose ...... but what are your personal
speculations ..... do you have any ?

My response: They will spend the entire 1260 days in Jerusalem where they are killed.

The protection afforded by God to the two witnesses will umbrella out to include those believers in Jerusalem with
them.

Just as Moses was the leader of a larger group in the Exodus from Egypt (wilderness) and just as Noah was the
leader of a larger group in the ark (as in the days of Noah), the two witnesses will be the leaders of a larger group in Jerusalem.

Under Moses’ leadership, the group was protected and fed by God. Under Noah’s leadership, the group was protected and fed by God. And under the two witnesses leadership, the group will be protected and fed by God.

1Corinthians 10

Warnings From Israel’s History

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
There is a city called Adam after the man Adam, (Joshua 3:16).
There is a city called Enoch after the man Enoch, (Genesis 4:17).

There is a city called Babel, after Nimrod the mighty hunter, for at Babel were the languages confounded and divided, (therefore is it called Babel). There is a city called Nineveh, Rchoboth-Plaza, Kalach, and Resen which is between Nineveh and Kalach, and this is the great city empire of the Assyrian man of the flesh and the eyes of the flesh.

There is a great city empire called after the name of every natural man of the flesh which includes all the dominions of the realm of his empire. This is the great city empire where the two witnesses will testify a thousand two hundred and sixty days clothed in sackcloth. And when the Beast rises up into the temple-city-dominion of the man; the same Beast will take over the dominion of the man, and he it is that shall slay the twain olivet-zeytiym witnesses. Woe be to the one who cuts off Torah and Prophets for they be the killers of the saints!

Revelation 16:5 KJV
5. And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

Revelation 17:1-6 KJV
1. And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2. With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5. And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Revelation 18:18-20 KJV
18. And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
19. And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
20. Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

Revelation 18:23-24 KJV
23. And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
24. And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

The harlot is the flesh-covering-tent of the man and she is seated over the many waters of his great city empire of himself. And when the sins and transgressions of the man of the flesh are come to the full then the same "covering cherub" of the harlot shall be drunk with the blood of the prophets and the saints; for the man is not the body but the soul, and the nephesh-soul is in the blood. The enemies of the soul of the man are the flesh, with the eyes, mind, and belly of the flesh, and all of the false Covenant, flesh minded, Hagar, Sodomitish interpretations thereof:

Revelation 17:16-18 KJV
16. And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18. And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

What other great city has "flesh" that may be burned with fire and eaten, O ye kings of the earth?
:lol:

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
It doesn't look like we have an answer ..... no big deal i suppose ...... but what are your personal speculations ..... do you have any ?

For myself I always have a nagging suspicion that some of these type of endtime events may not be as we expect ..... God has a strange way of using strange people to give His initial warnings ...... for example John the Baptist sounded like the most unlikely person to represent anything Holy ...... he ate locusts and wild honey for crying out loud ...... I picture him coming out of the desert with long unkempt hair full of burrs and probably hadn't had a shave or bath for 20 years or so (smile)

Even the Wonderful all-powerful Messiah popped on the scene how ???? .... born in a barn ..... riding on a donkey .... and hanging on a cross ....... about the last thing the people were expecting.
Call it supposition if you want, but if they are killed in Jerusalem like Rev.11:8 reveals, then most likely that's also where they will prophesy from.

The plagues they're given to do are comparable with the time of Moses and the children of Israel in Egypt. And the Rev.11:8 verse does use Egypt in the spiritual sense for Jerusalem in that time. Thus the picture painted is of Jerusalem in a fallen idol worship state like pagan Egypt during the time of Moses, God showing His Power directly at the heart of the enemy's nest. Moreover, the main controversy for this world is Zion, in Jerusalem, that's the place Satan wants for his own in wanting to be God.

This is why it's so important for Jews that believe on our Lord Jesus Yeshua Messiah to be aware of what's getting ready to happen in Jerusalem in our near future during the great tribulation period, because it's not going to be a working from our Heavenly Father, but by Satan instead.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
veteran said:
Call it supposition if you want, but if they are killed in Jerusalem like Rev.11:8 reveals, then most likely that's also where they will prophesy from.
Could be ..... but maybe they prophecy around the world first ..... and then the Jews kill them when they get to jerusalem and the rest of the world rejoices at their deaths.

it seems clear all the nations hate the witnesses and i would think they would have heard them prophecy live , and in person , as well as experience first hand the plagues caused by the witnesses

If not , then it would mean the witnesses use television or media to prophecy to all the world

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Brothertom, good job in your understanding, except the mourning part, our mourning is for the lost here. Our coming into power proceeds a great and rejoyceful event ... The triumphant return of Jesus and the marriage - so we mourn those that are lost and especially those that remain lost. And, Yes, we will travel... Think of the multitude of Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims that need to be shown the strength of a real prophet of a true GOD and his Son - Jesus, verses their god, and so, we will call out (or have them ) to their god to defeat us... Mere prophets, thus displaying truth in GOD and JESUS verses their false god. To further this we will be ,
'' attacking '' while showing no fear nor harm shall become us... Until the end of the 1260 days.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Arnie,

You stated: Could be
..... but maybe they prophecy around the world first ..... and then the Jews
kill them when they get to jerusalem and the rest of the world rejoices at
their deaths.

My response: How do
you suggest that they get around the world without the mark to purchase tickets?

Veteran,

You stated: Call it supposition if you want, but if they are killed in
Jerusalem like Rev.11:8 reveals, then most likely that's also
where they will prophesy from.

My response: Great call.