Where in the bible does it say I need to use it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do know people whom do hat, literally and (much more commonly) metaphorically.

As to God talking: a while ago we went over how God doesn't change. He talked to His people in the past, I do indeed believe that continues today.
He does just few listen

Ears to hear, God bless you

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes Jesus. not the bible. In fact God and Jesus still to this day make them selves known to people without it. It is a "limitation" you and Christianity have put on them its is not them who are limited by "IT",
No one has ever come to a knowledge of Jesus, without the aid of the Bible in one form or another, no one ever!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some do make it that way.

Makes me wonder why . . .
I was being facetious marks, seriously. I felt that byrd asked a rather futile question, so I responded in a sarcastic manner.
He was asking me if I was aware that what I posted was crap, ...what response was he expecting?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one has ever come to a knowledge of Jesus, without the aid of the Bible in one form or another, no one ever!
Realy Saul did. as did the 12 disciples and all the first "Christians" before the bible was ever conceived or written, How you limit God.

Act_9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

He never stopped speaking men just stopped listening.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I suppose you wouldn't. You won't enter, and you seek to prevent those who would. So no, I don't think you would.
i won't enter? and i seek to prevent those who would? why do you say that?
i mean, condemnation much?
So much for divine inspiration.
not sure why divine inspiration would be unable in that case?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it was not, she how you elevate the bible above even God, does not that make it and idol.God never stopped speaking, men just stopped listening, His Spirit is given to all who believe, can God help it that the Holy Spirit is not enough for men, that the dead letter is even given a higher place then the word that is Jesus Christ in whom we have our life. I love he way you all avoid this bit
I was just reading in my lunchtime reading . . .

Psalm 135:13 Thy name, O Lord, endureth for ever; and thy memorial, O Lord, throughout all generations.

and . . .

Psalm 138:1-2 "I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as if, right

imo you wanna advertise your lack of the Spirit, just start insisting to everyone that you have It

which i dont mean to reflect on mjr, its a universal...blind spot? that we all--well, all logical thinkers i guess anyway--get comfortable with, since we are trained to insist via hegel and logic, A must be A at all times, and cannot, ever, be a or anything other than A, etc. And if you read the Bible like that you are going to be read i guess
It definately takes a different sort of thinking to believe something is what it is not. George Orwell popularized this in the term "double-think".

Contrived baseball games aside.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was just reading in my lunchtime reading . . .

Psalm 135:13 Thy name, O Lord, endureth for ever; and thy memorial, O Lord, throughout all generations.

and . . .
Yep Jesus in whom He gave all things.

God bless
Psalm 138:1-2 "I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i won't enter? and i seek to prevent those who would? why do you say that?
i mean, condemnation much?
not sure why divine inspiration would be unable in that case?
I think your posts speak for themselves.

The only thing is that some people don't like being seen much. Prefer shadows.

Have much hope for the resurrection? Life everlasting? What is your hope?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Realy Saul did. as did the 12 disciples and all the first "Christians" before the bible was ever conceived or written, How you limit God.

Act_9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

He never stopped speaking men just stopped listening.
I meant post 100 ad. Outside of the oral tradition and publication, after 100 ad, all knowledge about God's will was based on the original autograph manuscripts that the inspired wrote. Any attempt to establish doctrine outside of Scripture, is heresy, ...I didn't make the rules!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo this "I enjoy hearing the Word" is an lol, You talk to us and we will listen, but don't let Him talk to us again or we will die
Maybe because you don't recognize His voice in His Word?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
see you can tell youre off base bc the insistence alone wadr
Very good point, that's typically my rule also, ...but, this has just gone on so long, and the point is just not hitting home, that I just have to be assertive and uncompromising at this point. At least, just to break the obstinance.

Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It definately takes a different sort of thinking to believe something is what it is not. George Orwell popularized this in the term "double-think".
well i meant to comment more on what we say, and i guess more particularly on what we insist upon. But as to that, i've come to kind of accept that "Everything You Know is Wrong" at least on some level, i mean i might know 1 or 2% myself, but i still have a blind spot in front of each eye?

so imo someone without "beliefs" strikes me as the different sort
Contrived baseball games aside.
ah i think they are actually central to this concept, but as you say
Guess you can accept that as Gospel if not the Gospels eh?
well, it is basically a restatement of a Scriptural principle i guess?
He who says he knows, does not...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I meant post 100 ad. Outside of the oral tradition and publication, after 100 ad, all knowledge about God's will was based on the original autograph manuscripts that the inspired wrote. Any attempt to establish doctrine outside of Scripture, is heresy, ...I didn't make the rules!
Heresy to whom, you, These forums exist because too much bible not enough Christ,

Like the Israelites, where impatient waiting on Moses to come down so built themselves a golden calf, christans did the same, unwilling to listen and wait on God so they worship the bible before and above Him and His Spirit..
I shall have no other Gods before me, and that thing about Idols.

God never stopped speaking Men just got deaf, Religion and the world shut Him out.

Reactions: amadeus