Where in the bible does it say I need to use it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i would accept that that voice in your head "answering" your prayers is you,
regardless of how you might label that voice

doesnt mean you cant be led by Yah, dont get me wrong, but
satan appears as an angel of light
if you then, being evil

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hope of the resurrection? You've been denying that as long as I've read your posts.
i think ive made it plain enough that i believe exactly what the pastor who ritually baptized you most likely said as you were getting dunked
Death More Abundantly, you call it, right?
ha, i wish i had invented that--as i am vain in that area--but alas

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, and what do you make of the Scripture verse that reflects on the subject?
they seemed to recognize Yah's Voice easy enough...
Recognition does seem to be the issue being discussed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Contrive evidence to believe whatever you want. It works every time.
hmm, i cant think of any "beliefs" i have in the area, playing baseball games to a deliberate tie is foreign to me too
as lightning flashes from east to west or he who says he knows, does not might be better indicators for you?
the last one there is from (maybe even pre-) Dao i guess, older than dirt

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think ive made it plain enough that i believe exactly what the pastor who ritually baptized you most likely said as you were getting dunked
That is completely uniformative.

Why?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh see you do the same thing take away from God and give praise to to the bible, and steal the Honor from Christ.
How so? Did I not say the spirit does teach all men? Perhaps you don't like how it's done, but the very verse you quoted from I Corinthians points that out.

Joh_5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Yep, that's right after Jesus told them to search the scriptures.

Do you see what is the most spoken of, gloried, praised , and argued over thing on these forum, it is not Christ. Seems that Him and God and His Spirit have being related to the obsolete bin like cheap imported plasitc runbbish.
You must be on a different forum... Would you rather us argue over Jesus and God?

Sheesh! The Bible tells us what God said and did. Would you rather look at a tree and argue about him? Of course we are going to discuss the Bible!

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have a nice aft m marks
I hope you do too . . . and I'm sorry if I'm being overly blunt, and maybe offensive. I do not understand why you go partway with me as I'm seeking to understand your ideas better, then stop short, without the clarification.

If I knew, or wasn't interested, I wouldn't ask. I can only guess that you aren't interested, but if not, then what are you doing? That's what I don't get.

You're on a Christian forum, you call yourself a Christian - I'm not challenging that - only that it seems to me that you don't seem to have much in common with Christianity. OK my idea of Chirstianity.

But to you Jesus is 'John Doe' from a town where no one even lived. So he's fictional?

And the hope of the resurrection - that when we die God raises us from the dead either for life with Him or the second death, but it seems to me you mock this at every turn.

I could go on but why, will I receive anything different from what I have in the past?

I'd like to think so.

Reactions: Brakelite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I hope you do too . . . and I'm sorry if I'm being overly blunt, and maybe offensive. I do not understand why you go partway with me as I'm seeking to understand your ideas better, then stop short, without the clarification.

If I knew, or wasn't interested, I wouldn't ask. I can only guess that you aren't interested, but if not, then what are you doing? That's what I don't get.

You're on a Christian forum, you call yourself a Christian - I'm not challenging that - only that it seems to me that you don't seem to have much in common with Christianity. OK my idea of Chirstianity.

But to you Jesus is 'John Doe' from a town where no one even lived. So he's fictional?

And the hope of the resurrection - that when we die God raises us from the dead either for life with Him or the second death, but it seems to me you mock this at every turn.

I could go on but why, will I receive anything different from what I have in the past?

I'd like to think so.
well, what you got in the past was Scripture, right, No one has ever gone up to heaven etc, thats not me mocking, and wadr you didnt address it then, and the baptism words weve gone over like 3 times, so i mean what.

"fictional" is not how i would put it, but we are going to be at odds about Who Jesus is anyway as long as No son of man may die for another's sins has not been assimilated, i guess; the two just dont mix, as the story of Esau makes plain imo. I would rather discuss cats or the weather or something tbh m marks, and i apologize if you feel that the Quotations are a bit too pointed

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Heresy to whom, you, These forums exist because too much bible not enough Christ,

Like the Israelites, where impatient waiting on Moses to come down so built themselves a golden calf, christans did the same, unwilling to listen and wait on God so they worship the bible before and above Him and His Spirit..
I shall have no other Gods before me, and that thing about Idols.

God never stopped speaking Men just got deaf, Religion and the world shut Him out.
I don't trust anyone who claims that God is teaching them solely through the Spirit.
All good things can be abused, exploited and corrupted. No matter what man has done with his reverence or fanaticism with the Bible, it does not detract from the fact that God has established and propagated His Word, through the autographs of the inspired writers.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Peter wrote that they are willfully ignorant of the flood, being unwilling to acknowledge that God will again judge the world.

Much love!
Great point! i.e. their denial of the historical facts, stems from their unwillingness to admit that the stories were written about them.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I state something, and then you say I need to support it with the bible. Why? Because the bible is God's word that he handed down to humanity as a guide? No, it's not. But you all say it is huh? So I'm going to make it real easy for you to prove your point and ask you where in the bible does it say God gave Christians the bible as a guide for life and that's it? I'm going to put a few refutations for common misquotations below
1. All scripture is God breathed but that verse does not state anything about scriptures existence only being in the bible
2.The end of revelations only applies to the book of revelations, not this culmination you guys concocted.
The only thing God ever sent down was His Spirit. He sent the Spirit to guide Christians, not this culmination of writing (most of which is unreliable anyways). You may say," but it's all reliable." I'm going to ask you why is that? The only reason to believe something is true is God, so in order for the writings of a person to be held as scripture that person needs to say what God says. None of the apostles fit the bill, so you can't go believing what they say to be true because they said it. The words of Jesus are different as he was wholly in line with God, but since the apostles weren't, you can't go believing what they said just because they said it. This goes for all the other writers too. Anyways, I don't expect anyone to understand this. However, consider this a call to those who do.
So, then we can all be buddist or Muslim or whatever and God will understand, because we don't need no Bible to tell us what is true..

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I became a Christian at 19, all I needed to know what what I had learned in Sunday School when I was like 3.

Much love!
Yes, of course it took on a much different meaning 16 years later (awareness of sin, defiance to God, God's grace, faith....)

Reactions: marks