Where in the bible does it say I need to use it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so now you have run out is down to name calling. The truth upsets man, God said no idols, not of the things of heaven or earth, but when men have idols to defend....
Name calling? What name did I call you? Do you not know the reference to "dumb ass"? You seriously need to read the Bible!

Furthermore, this coming from a man who has berated so many, claiming they aren't Christians and claiming they refuse to come to Christ. A man who continuously takes verses out of context in order to berate believers. Now, you are going to whine about name calling? It's even funnier because you clearly don't understand the reference!

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
I will continue to repeat this... The same guy said you need a preacher.

1Jn_5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

bible not included...
The Bible is the Word. So yes... The Bible is included.

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

there is no other way but Christ

I know you have been confronted with this many times before, but it is really funny when you quote the Bible trying to prove its not needed!

You would not know that Christ said that if it wasn't the Word of God.

And see! I was right! All you did was focus on that! You ignored every other point I made!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Name calling? What name did I call you? Do you not know the reference to "dumb ass"? You seriously need to read the Bible!

Furthermore, this coming from a man who has berated so many, claiming they aren't Christians and claiming they refuse to come to Christ. A man who continuously takes verses out of context in order to berate believers. Now, you are going to whine about name calling? It's even funnier because you clearly don't understand the reference!

I will continue to repeat this... The same guy said you need a preacher.

The Bible is the Word. So yes... The Bible is included.

I know you have been confronted with this many times before, but it is really funny when you quote the Bible trying to prove its not needed!

You would not know that Christ said that if it wasn't the Word of God.

And see! I was right! All you did was focus on that! You ignored every other point I made!
Why dont you trust God.

Mar 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Mar 10:44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.

He have one High Priest His name is Jesus, apparently He is untrustworthy as is God and His spirit, not enough for man.

And the bible is not the Word Jesus Is how demean Him. glorify the bible and give Him no Honour. Holds onto your Idol it cant save you.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Mar 10:44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Now you are just posting random verses that have nothing to do with the discussion...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks,.

I sense this discussion for me has run its course. I intendaintend tofto makestatement and see if the discussion moves in a positive direction.

Some people are saying we don't need the Bible or preachers ("preaching" is not part of the original topic; it was my inclusion. Those who wrote the Bible were inspired preachers and prophets of their day). They say we don't need them; we just need Jesus.

Well, that's absolutely true! Jesus is the center focus, but HE needed the scripture and HE needed preachers. Yes, he could've done it without them but HE chose to utilize them.

Jesus taught from the scripture, he explained the scripture, he was prophied in the scripture, and he commissioned men to teach the gospel: by word of mouth and by written word. He, as he did in the OT, chose not to personally instruct each follower, but to commission men to be his ambassadors and to speak in his stead. Moses and Samuel in the OT, Paul and Peter in the NT, for example. He said I will tell you what to say and you tell them... What you tell them are not your words, they're mine!

So again, Jesus is the main focus and no one is saying otherwise except in accusations by those who look to discard the Bible. Jesus is the Boss! He's the one to follow, and he chose preachers and the Bible. To discard them is to discard the will of Jesus.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we have to use the Bible?

This is much different than saying: Should we use the Bible!

When I read the question of the original post, my knee-jerk reaction was "Of course we have to! It is the inspired Word of God! How could we not use it!"
After a short pause, I realized some facts of history:

1). Most people were illiterate for most of history. Literacy does not make one a Christian.

2). For most of history, the expense and availability of owning your own set of Scriptures was not possible.
3). For most of history, even most literate people did not have Scriptures in their own language.

Christianity is more than an ascent to theological truths. It is more than being able to read Scripture. This is why the Holy Spirit within the believer is so essential. Sadly, for most of history, people were at the mercy of preachers and Churches to tell them what was right. God knew what history would be. Surely, people during the vast majority of history were able to become Christians.

Should we use the Bible? Absolutely! No matter where you live, it does not take long to realize that Christianity has more flavors than Baskin-Robbins! If you have access to Scripture and are literate, why would you not seek to know hat the Scriptures actually say instead of being at the mercy of the best debater or most popular Church? Believing a certain Denomination never made someone a Christian. It has never been what you know, but Who you know. "Yet, How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And... "how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:14-15. "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." (v.17).

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, appreciate it, always great to catch up on what i think :D

It's your negative posts about the men Jesus selected to be his Apostles that show your thinking, after all your the one judging The True God Jehovah and his Only Begotten Son Jesus selection process as though what, you can do a better job than God or his Son Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It's your negative posts about the men Jesus selected to be his Apostles that show your thinking, after all your the one judging The True God Jehovah and his Only Begotten Son Jesus selection process as though what, you can do a better job than God or his Son Jesus.
i didnt mean to imply that at all Barney; imo the apostles are portrayed as blind in the gospels, and it would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise? But i am open to any "Apostles, seeing clearly" vv that you wish to Quote, and we can see? But seems to me that any of those one can Quote will be post-Gospel, and it seems to me that the apostles are meant to rep new believers, so imo the progression from blindness to sight is intended there, dunno though

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i didnt mean to imply that at all Barney; imo the apostles are portrayed as blind in the gospels, and it would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise? But i am open to any "Apostles, seeing clearly" vv that you wish to Quote, and we can see? But seems to me that any of those one can Quote will be post-Gospel, and it seems to me that the apostles are meant to rep new believers, so imo the progression from blindness to sight is intended there, dunno though

The Only thing the scriptures have ever done is show that the Apostles and disciples that Jesus chose were imperfect human beings like the rest of us, they were sinners. They simply acted and believed in faith concerning the scriptures because of the love they had for God and his word. That didn't mean they didn't make mistakes or didn't have weaknesses. Where did anyone expect for The Only Begotten Son of God Jesus to choose his disciples from? See, that's what's disingenuous, for anyone to expect them to be perfect or sinless humans in the first place, which means people shouldn't be negative about Jehovah God and his Only Begotten Son Jesus selection process in the first place. Faith in God and what he has to say, especially in regard to the kind of people God wants us to strive to be, because of our love for who God is and most especially how much Jehovah God first loved us.
How did he first love us? Jehovah God loved life so much, He wanted to share life with others, which means that life Jehovah God wanted for others because of his love for what and who he created, was eternal life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I sense this discussion for me has run its course. I intendaintend tofto makestatement and see if the discussion moves in a positive direction.
Positive direction our way to heaven is Christ in Him who is the truth and our life and in Him there is no lie. And when He finally is given the position due Him and He is no longer replaced, things will move in a :"positive" direction.

I am the way the truth and the Life says the Lord.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, let's see....

Romans 10:14 KJV
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Yes, I need a preacher! You don't? Are you exempt from this somehow?

Look, I understand you are going to cherry pick verses to suit your belief, but you are quoting the same guy who said you need a preacher. Yes... Paul received it that way. One of the Revelations he got from Christ is that YOU need a preacher. God chose the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

So if you don't need preaching, maybe you don't believe. Because believers need preaching. I believe... So this verse says I need a preacher to be saved. How bout you? Do you believe? Do you need to be saved?

You need a preacher to hear. Maybe you don't need to hear. I do. Do you?

Frankly, I wasn't taught by man either... It was the revelation of Christ. Just like Paul. But this verse doesn't say "by Christ". It says of Christ. The revelation of Christ was revealed by a man by the the Spirit. In other words, the Holy Spirit taught through a man.

It was an upgrade from a dumb ass.

You are going to focus on the dumb ass comment and ignore all the points that refute your opinions, aren't you?
@FHII We all indeed need encouragement and challenge from God's Word. When someone brings it to us in honesty and sincerity, this should be regarded as a good thing.

Reactions: FHII

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you happy that Jesus is God?

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you happy that Jesus is God?

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

I'm happy that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God and that it was God who sent his Only Begotten Son to the world of mankind. John 3:16

At John 1:1-3 it says, "in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was a God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and apart from him nothing came into being that has come into being."

What I see regarding these scriptures at John 1: 1, 2 is that The Word who is the Only Begotten Son of God was in existence in the beginning with God who is his Father and that Jesus Father who is also his God brought all other things into being through his Only Begotten Son.

We also have to remember what John said at John 20: 31, 31- many other signs Jesus performed in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in
This book; but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in his name.

So everything that John wrote, including his gospel was to teach us to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. This is what I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. It's you and others like you who don't want me to believe this. You and others want me to believe Jesus is God. You don't want me to believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God as John teaches.
As I said the Word is the Only Begotten Son of God and since the scriptures say the Word became flesh and dwelt among us it means to me the Only Begotten Son of God became flesh and dwelt among us. This is what I believe. It's other people's choices what they choose to believe.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if I misunderstood your point. I didn't think that you thought my post was crap, but maybe misconstrued my reply to byrd.
Apparently not.
...yes, exactly, your gentleman Brit impression, as far as the sentiment was concerned, was precisely my point.
Communication . . . a slow but steady train!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DNB

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, did you read the post that he called crap? Did it sound like I was joking around, or considered my own writing to be crap? I joke around a little at times, but I clearly wasn't there. So no, I don't think that my post was crap, or the forum, I think that his remark was crap for asking me a silly question. I'm sorry, but you're sort of doing the same thing right now?
If you were to post a serious exposition on a Christian doctrine, and I was to say to you 'you know that's crap, don't you?' I would not expect you to say, 'yes, of course I do, good for you to pick up on that'.
You see what I mean?
he who says he knows, does not was really what i meant to say fwiw

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, wadr "preacher" is what we read in english, but i would check for definition drift there, pretty sure the term now means nothing like what it did then prolly
Then why don't you? Go ahead! Before you do, realize that the next verse asks (rhetorically), "how shall they preach except they be sent?"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then why don't you? Go ahead! Before you do, realize that the next verse asks (rhetorically), "how shall they preach except they be sent?"
well but again the def of "preach" there is assumed, and imo likely not what was originally meant
"preachers" get paid, "proclaimers" do not, for one

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well but again the def of "preach" there is assumed, and imo likely not what was originally meant
"preachers" get paid, "proclaimers" do not, for one
What you are doing is picking your definition to fit your belief, and not the one that fits proper context. "Proclaimer" is just one definition, and it's not the proper one for this verse. I gave you a clue: he must be sent. If you look up the Strong's definition for sent, it showed he is an Apostle. Thus, the preacher is not just any "proclaimer", but one sent by God, which translates to an Apostle.

So tell me? Is your hang up on this having to do with preachers getting paid?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What you are doing is picking your definition to fit your belief, and not the one that fits proper context. "Proclaimer" is just one definition, and it's not the proper one for this verse. I gave you a clue: he must be sent. If you look up the Strong's definition for sent, it showed he is an Apostle. Thus, the preacher is not just any "proclaimer", but one sent by God, which translates to an Apostle.
ok, ty
So tell me? Is your hang up on this having to do with preachers getting paid?
no, i guess corporate employees should get paid, i got no probs with that