Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Since you reject the name: appellation, title of Christian being what God has called ,named His people after Him.
Well show me in the NT where God said you must be called a Christian...Why did God wait until they went to Antioch? No one was called Christians before Antioch and neither Paul, Peter, John, or Jude addressed any of their epistles to Christians...
You tell me the name by which all are saved by?
Jesus...
8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
So his name is Jesus and christ means "anointed " his name is not "anointed/ christ"
Acts 4:30
By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Is it that you think Christ is the surname of jesus?

The name that Gods people wear?
saints/holy is the name God's people wear...
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Acts 4:12
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name(title) under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
His name is Jesus sir...Messiah is his title...Jesus was not a Greek why would he have a Greek name...?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are the anointed ones :D We are Christ's :D We are Christians :D

2Co 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

:D

Reactions: Lambano

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
We are the anointed ones :D We are Christ's :D We are Christians :D

2Co 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

:D
Your ignorance is showing...How do you construct those lines using the word messiah? We are the messiahs? We are messiah's? We are Messiahians?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ignorance is showing...How do you construct those lines using the word messiah? We are the messiahs? We are messiah's? We are Messiahians?
We are the sons of God :D We are the Savior's :D We are sent in His name :D
We are sealed with His Holy Spirit :D We are the children of the Day :D

Don't attack me, son.
Attack the post not the poster.

Reactions: amadeus and Lambano

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
We are the sons of God :D We are the Savior's :D We are sent in His name :D
We are sealed with His Holy Spirit :D We are the children of the Day :D

Don't attack me, son.
Attack the post not the poster.
This is not an attack. It is a legitimate observation exposing the ignorance of scripture. The post did not write itself, did it? You are assuming that Jesus' name is Christian. Nothing you posted says we are called by God to be Christians.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
So up to this point, no one on this forum has shown me any passage in scripture that says God called us to be a Christian.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not an attack. It is a legitimate observation exposing the ignorance of scripture. The post did not write itself, did it? You are assuming that Jesus' name is Christian. Nothing you posted says we are called by God to be Christians.
Jesus Christ is My Lord's name. It is not an assumption.

okaaayyy..

Nothing you've posted proves your a saint.
Your own ignorance comes forth from your own mouth. Your fruit is sour.
REPENT.

This is a legitimate observation.
So be it.

Two sided sword eh, one side is peace. I would prefer peace.
Just sayin

Reactions: Lambano

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Why do you need one?
To prove that God actually called those who call themselves Christian to be Christians.
Since you say it is not a doctine, per se, would it be inappropriate for me to ask what it is you're trying to accomplish?
Are we not here to learn the truth?
Do you consider calling someone a Christian tantamount to taking the LORD's name in vain, perhaps?
Where did I give you the impression that the Lord's name is Christian? Or even Christ for that matter? His name is Yeshua... The Christ is his title. It means anointed one... Messiah in the Hebrew language.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Jesus Christ is My Lord's name. It is not an assumption.
Actually, his name is Yeshua. and Christ is the position he holds. Therefore you are still assuming...

okaaayyy..
Not okaaayyy, you should do some research before you make claims

Nothing you've posted proves your a saint.
Your own ignorance comes forth from your own mouth. Your fruit is sour.
REPENT.
I did not write anything to prove that I am a saint. I wrote I am a saint. It is up to you to agree or disagree. According to scripture, I am

This is a legitimate observation.
So be it.
What was your legitimate observation? That I wrote something to prove that I am a saint? Where did I write it? It was Paul who wrote to the saints. Not me. He says believers are called to be saints...
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Two sided sword eh, one side is peace. I would prefer peace.
Just sayin
What are you talking about? You are yet to show where you are called by God to be a Christian. The scripture speaks about the saints of God... not the Christians...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not write anything to prove that I am a saint. I wrote I am a saint. It is up to you to agree or disagree. According to scripture, I am

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

done here.
No more troll feeding.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

done here.
No more troll feeding.
@Ziggy
Great verses there!

Trusting faith ties in with Job 13.15: 'Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him"....

Reactions: BarneyFife

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Perhaps you're not familiar with the word "tantamount."
Perhaps you are not familiar with Christian or Christ is not Jesus' name... If you were you wouldn't 't have asked this question
Do you consider calling someone a Christian tantamount to taking the LORD's name in vain, perhaps?
This question gives the impression that you believe I think Christian is Jesus' name.

At any rate, it looks a lot like you're just enjoying a little evasive and semantical trolling. Well, to each his own.
That is what it may look like to you. But I assure you, it is not.
However, "Don't feed the trolls," I always say (even though I all too often do).

:)
Am I feeding you?

Last edited:

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Very good passages, you should do as they say.
done here.
No more troll feeding.
Are you on a hunger strike? Why are you not feeding yourself?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Actually, this is a good example of manipulation of words. There is no noun form of the word "anointed," which is what the word Christ means, and to limit His name or position to one word is possibly the height of absurdity, refuted, as it is, thought the entirety of Scripture.
Your argument is with the scripture sir...
Matthew 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Matthew 16:20
Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Matthew 26:63
But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
Luke 3:15
And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;
John 1:41
He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
I don't mean for this to be a basis for doubtful disputation such as is warned against in Romans 14:1, but only to expose your ploy.
What ploy? It appears that you are deliberately trying to frame a doubtful disputation argument about my post while pretending not to.

I assume it's not intentional,
That is not true, if you did you wouldn't at the same time assume that I am a troll.

but you are stirring people up with contentious discussion about non-essentials, and you might wish to consider the very dim view the Saviour and His apostles took of this.

:)
You are the one who wants it to be contentious. I asked a simple question, which none of you have the guts to answer directly... The savior and the apostles would agree with my position. Because believers are called to be saints in the scripture... Somehow you seem to be denying this...
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
I am not asking you to agree with me I am asking you to agree with the scripture... Do you agree with the scripture?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luk 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luk 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Status
Not open for further replies.