Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
No, no, I said give me a definition of what constitutes a saint..you need to look it up, and now I know you do not have a "clue" of what a saint really is
Blessings
J.
This is what you asked...Give me a definition of a saint according to the bible...according to the bible a saint is a faithful follower of Jesus called by God. The apostles wrote epistles to the saints... What more do you need? Saints are living breathing people...Not like the RCC that claims to make dead people saints.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
the point being that the term “Christian” already existed, and had a meaning
It began at Antioch at a time when the disciples were persecuted therefore it couldn't have a good meaning...Saints existed long before the term Christian...If Christians meant such a good thing why were they being thrown in jail and killed?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saint:
ἅγιος, -α, -ον, (from τὸ ἄγος religious awe, reverence; ἄζω, ἅζομαι, to venerate, revere, especially the gods, parents [Curtius, § 118]), rare in secular authors; very frequent in the sacred writings; in the Sept. for קָדושׁ;
1. properly reverend, worthy of veneration: τὸ ὄνομα τοῦ θεοῦ, Luke 1:49; God, on account of his incomparable majesty, Revelation 4:8 (Isaiah 6:3, etc.), equivalent to ἔνδοξος. Hence, used:
a. of things which on account of some connection with God possess a certain distinction and claim to reverence, as places sacred to God which are not to be profaned, Acts 7:33; τόπος ἅγιος the temple, Matthew 24:15 (on which passage see βδέλυγμα, c.); Acts 6:13; Acts 21:28; the holy land or Palestine, 2 Macc. 1:29; 2 Macc. 2:18; τὸ ἅγιον and τὰ ἅγια [Winer's Grammar, 177 (167)] the temple, Hebrews 9:1, 24 (cf. Bleek on Heb. vol. ii. 2, p. 477f); specifically that part of the temple or tabernacle which is called 'the holy place' (מִקְדָּשׁ, Ezekiel 37:28; Ezekiel 45:18), Hebrews 9:2 [here Rec.st reads ἅγια]; ἅγια ἁγίων [Winer's Grammar, 246 (231), cf. Exodus 29:37; Exodus 30:10, etc.] the most hallowed portion of the temple, 'the holy of holies,' (Exodus 26:33 [cf. Josephus, Antiquities 3, 6, 4]), Hebrews 9:3, in reference to which the simple τὰ ἅγια is also used: Hebrews 9:8, 25; Hebrews 10:19; Hebrews 13:11; figuratively of heaven, Hebrews 8:2; Hebrews 9:8, 12; Hebrews 10:19; ἅγια πόλις Jerusalem, on account of the temple there, Matthew 4:5; Matthew 27:53; Revelation 11:2; Revelation 21:2; Revelation 22:19 (Isaiah 48:2; Nehemiah 11:1, 18 [Complutensian LXX], etc.); τὸ ὄρος τὸ ἅγιον, because Christ's transfiguration occurred there, 2 Peter 1:18; ἡ (θεοῦ) ἁγία διαθήκη i. e. which is the more sacred because made by God himself, Luke 1:72; τὸ ἅγιον, that worshipful offspring of divine power, Luke 1:35; the blessing of the gospel, Matthew 7:6; ἁγιωτάτη πίστις, faith (quae creditur i. e. the object of faith) which came from God and is therefore to be heeded most sacredly, Jude 1:20; in the same sense ἁγία ἐντολή, 2 Peter 2:21; κλῆσις ἁγία, because it is the invitation of God and claims us as his, 2 Timothy 1:9; ἅγιαι γραφαί (τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια, 1 Macc. 12:9), which came from God and contain his Words, Romans 1:2.
b. of persons whose services God employs; as for example, apostles, Ephesians 3:5; angels, 1 Thessalonians 3:13; Matthew 25:31 [Rec.]; Revelation 14:10; Jude 1:14; prophets, Acts 3:21; Luke 1:70 (Wis. 11:1); (οἱ) ἅγιοι (τοῦ) θεοῦ ἄνθρωποι, 2 Peter 1:21 [R G L Tr text]; worthies of the O. T. accepted by God for their piety, Matthew 27:52; 1 Peter 3:5.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2. set apart for God, to be, as it were, exclusively his; followed by a genitive or a dative: τῷ κυρίῳ, Luke 2:23; τοῦ θεοῦ (equivalent to ἐκλεκτὸς τοῦ θεοῦ) of Christ, Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34, and according to the true reading in John 6:69, cf. John 10:36; he is called also ὁ ἅγιος παῖς τοῦ θεοῦ, Acts 4:30, and simply ὁ ἅγιος, 1 John 2:20.
Just as the Israelites claimed for themselves the title οἱ ἅγιοι, because God selected them from the other nations to lead a life acceptable to him and rejoice in his favor and protection (Daniel 7:18, 22; 2 Esdr. 8:28), so this appellation is very often in the N. T. transferred to Christians, as those whom God has selected ἐκ τοῦ κόσμου (John 17:14, 16), that under the influence of the Holy Spirit they may be rendered, through holiness, partakers of salvation in the kingdom of God: 1 Peter 2:9 (Exodus 19:6), cf. Exodus 19:5; Acts 9:13, 32, 41; Acts 26:10; Romans 1:7; Romans 8:27; Romans 12:13; Romans 16:15; 1 Corinthians 6:1, 2; Philippians 4:21; Colossians 1:12; Hebrews 6:10; Jude 1:3; Revelation 5:8, etc.; [cf. B. D. American edition under the word Saints].
3. of sacrifices and offerings; prepared for God with solemn rite, pure, clean (opposed to ἀκάθαρτος): 1 Corinthians 7:14 (cf. Ephesians 5:3); connected with ἄμωμος, Ephesians 1:4; Ephesians 5:27; Colossians 1:22; ἀπαρχή, Romans 11:16; θυσία, Romans 12:1. Hence,
4. in a moral sense, pure, sinless, upright, holy: 1 Peter 1:16 (Leviticus 19:2; Leviticus 11:44); 1 Corinthians 7:34; δίκαιος καί ἅγιος, of John the Baptist, Mark 6:20; ἅγιος καί δίκαιος, of Christ, Acts 3:14; distinctively of him, Revelation 3:7; Revelation 6:10; of God pre-eminently, 1 Peter 1:15; John 17:11; ἅγιαι ἀναστροφαί, 2 Peter 3:11; νόμος and ἐντολή, i. e. containing nothing exceptionable, Romans 7:12; φίλημα, such a kiss as is a sign of the purest love, 1 Thessalonians 5:26; 1 Corinthians 16:20; 2 Corinthians 13:12; Romans 16:16.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
i could’ve told you he didnt know. Trolls like him are easy to spot.
You can't answer the OP up to this point, which proves that you didn't even know that believers are saints. It appears that when you cannot deal with an issue you resort to calling people trolls. A saint will not do that but a Christian would.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
So give us the aleithia, what is justification, sanctification, redemption, salvation and what is γεννηθῇ
Part of Speech: Verb
Tense: Aorist
Voice: Passive
Mood: Subjunctive
Person: third [he/she/it]
Number: Singular
ἄνωθεν
Adverb...in case you do not know, born again...Jesus said you must/dei be born again...so how does a sinner get born again?
Blessings
Johann

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
So give us the aleithia, what is justification, sanctification, redemption, salvation and what is γεννηθῇ
Part of Speech: Verb
Tense: Aorist
Voice: Passive
Mood: Subjunctive
Person: third [he/she/it]
Number: Singular
ἄνωθεν
Adverb...in case you do not know, born again...Jesus said you must/dei be born again...so how does a sinner get born again?
Blessings
Johann
Why are you wrestling with the scripture...let us speak English since the scripture is already translated...The issue here is whether you are a saint or not...You seem to have an issue with being a saint. We are called to be Holy sir a saint is a Holy person...
1Pet 1
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who thinks being called a christian is a bad thing, is not a saint. I cant believe the nonsense you’re talking about. This is heresy!! You claim to be saved, yet deny being a christian??? This is the stuff people got burned at the stake over.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Anyone who thinks being called a christian is a bad thing, is not a saint.
being a saint has nothing to do with what one thinks about being called a Christian...

I cant believe the nonsense you’re talking about. This is heresy!!
because it is not nonsense or heresy. You are yet to show where God called anyone to be a Christian.
You claim to be saved, yet deny being a christian???[/QUOTE
You claim not to be saved and you are a Christian. In your neck of the woods, Christians are lifelong sinners...

This is the stuff people got burned at the stake over.
And crucified like Jesus was...and stoned as Stephen was... If you had your way I guess I would be dead...Mr Christian...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Reactions: Lambano

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is important to know, "Where in the sacred scripture is anyone called to be a Christian"
The next natural thought from this is "How does God call us to be a christian"?
Is it the calvinist doctrine, where God cherry picks certain individuals and calls on them directly.
Picking individuals that may or may not have any interest in spiritual matters?
Or is it,
2Thessalonians 2:14
To which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Biblical calling: Gods method, the Word of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing(the gospel) and hearing by the word of God.

God calls us to faith through the word! His good news message ie Jesus' gospel!
We are called by hearing the gospel through teaching by Gods disciples ie christians Matthew 28:19.

John 6:44-45
No one can come to Me unless the Father draw him; and I will raise Him up at the last day.
It is written in the prophets, And they all shall be taught by God. Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

John teaches us that God calls us by teaching. We know that teaching is the gospel !
Remember that Jesus taught it was not His will that He taught in His gospel but His Fathers?
That is how the Father teaches ,calls, us through the hearing of the gospel.

John 12:49
For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

No doubt God calls us today by the hearing, teaching of His holy Word ie the gospel of Christ.

Reactions: Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Lifelong_sinner, Bro, I'm going to separate out this part in case you didn't see it.

Your job is to trust Jesus, first and foremost. You let God sovereignly decide how He wants your life to glorify Him, whether by cleaning you up with His power, or as an example of His love and grace.

Obviously, healing your addiction would be optimal. Twice in the hospital in one day? Sounds nasty. But His grace is sufficient for you. And for me.
@Lambano Trust is indeed what Proverbs 3.5-6 is all about...

Reactions: Lambano

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why are you wrestling with the scripture...let us speak English since the scripture is already translated...The issue here is whether you are a saint or not...You seem to have an issue with being a saint. We are called to be Holy sir a saint is a Holy person...
1Pet 1
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
Are you "holy?"
Blessings
J.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Are you "holy?"
Blessings
J.
peter says I am...are you?
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
This is important to know, "Where in the sacred scripture is anyone called to be a Christian"
Is it the calvinist doctrine, where God cherry picks certain individuals and calls on them directly.
Or is it,
To which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are called by hearing the gospel through teaching by Gods disciples ie christians Matthew 28:19.

No one can come to Me unless the Father draw him; and I will raise Him up at the last day.
It is written in the prophets, And they all shall be taught by God. Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

John teaches us that God calls us by teaching. We know that teaching is the gospel !
Remember that Jesus taught it was not His will that He taught in His gospel but His Fathers?

For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

No doubt God calls us today by the hearing, teaching of His holy Word ie the gospel of Christ.
So where does it say God calls us to be a Christian?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Still no answer to where God calls anyone to be a Christian...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
2. set apart for God, to be, as it were, exclusively his; followed by a genitive or a dative: τῷ κυρίῳ, Luke 2:23; τοῦ θεοῦ (equivalent to ἐκλεκτὸς τοῦ θεοῦ) of Christ, Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34, and according to the true reading in John 6:69, cf. John 10:36; he is called also ὁ ἅγιος παῖς τοῦ θεοῦ, Acts 4:30, and simply ὁ ἅγιος, 1 John 2:20.
Just as the Israelites claimed for themselves the title οἱ ἅγιοι, because God selected them from the other nations to lead a life acceptable to him and rejoice in his favor and protection (Daniel 7:18, 22; 2 Esdr. 8:28), so this appellation is very often in the N. T. transferred to Christians, as those whom God has selected ἐκ τοῦ κόσμου (John 17:14, 16), that under the influence of the Holy Spirit they may be rendered, through holiness, partakers of salvation in the kingdom of God: 1 Peter 2:9 (Exodus 19:6), cf. Exodus 19:5; Acts 9:13, 32, 41; Acts 26:10; Romans 1:7; Romans 8:27; Romans 12:13; Romans 16:15; 1 Corinthians 6:1, 2; Philippians 4:21; Colossians 1:12; Hebrews 6:10; Jude 1:3; Revelation 5:8, etc.; [cf. B. D. American edition under the word Saints].
3. of sacrifices and offerings; prepared for God with solemn rite, pure, clean (opposed to ἀκάθαρτος): 1 Corinthians 7:14 (cf. Ephesians 5:3); connected with ἄμωμος, Ephesians 1:4; Ephesians 5:27; Colossians 1:22; ἀπαρχή, Romans 11:16; θυσία, Romans 12:1. Hence,
4. in a moral sense, pure, sinless, upright, holy: 1 Peter 1:16 (Leviticus 19:2; Leviticus 11:44); 1 Corinthians 7:34; δίκαιος καί ἅγιος, of John the Baptist, Mark 6:20; ἅγιος καί δίκαιος, of Christ, Acts 3:14; distinctively of him, Revelation 3:7; Revelation 6:10; of God pre-eminently, 1 Peter 1:15; John 17:11; ἅγιαι ἀναστροφαί, 2 Peter 3:11; νόμος and ἐντολή, i. e. containing nothing exceptionable, Romans 7:12; φίλημα, such a kiss as is a sign of the purest love, 1 Thessalonians 5:26; 1 Corinthians 16:20; 2 Corinthians 13:12; Romans 16:16.
Still no response to where God calls anyone to be a Christian.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
peter says I am...are you?
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Joh_5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Joh_5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

Rom_8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:..@Ziggy Saint of God
..what is the "witness"..that we are CHILDREN of God?@ZiggyRepent and be baptized, every one of you, in the….jpg

Heb_10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,...

1Pe_5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

1Jn_5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1Jn_5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.....not the "Peter tells me..."

1Jn_5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Rev_20:4 And I saw
thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Still no response to where God calls anyone to be a Christian.
Saint:
ἅγιος, -α, -ον, (from τὸ ἄγος religious awe, reverence; ἄζω, ἅζομαι, to venerate, revere, especially the gods, parents [Curtius, § 118]), rare in secular authors; very frequent in the sacred writings; in the Sept. for קָדושׁ;
1. properly reverend, worthy of veneration: τὸ ὄνομα τοῦ θεοῦ, Luke 1:49; God, on account of his incomparable majesty, Revelation 4:8 (Isaiah 6:3, etc.), equivalent to ἔνδοξος. Hence, used:
a. of things which on account of some connection with God possess a certain distinction and claim to reverence, as places sacred to God which are not to be profaned, Acts 7:33; τόπος ἅγιος the temple, Matthew 24:15 (on which passage see βδέλυγμα, c.); Acts 6:13; Acts 21:28; the holy land or Palestine, 2 Macc. 1:29; 2 Macc. 2:18; τὸ ἅγιον and τὰ ἅγια [Winer's Grammar, 177 (167)] the temple, Hebrews 9:1, 24 (cf. Bleek on Heb. vol. ii. 2, p. 477f); specifically that part of the temple or tabernacle which is called 'the holy place' (מִקְדָּשׁ, Ezekiel 37:28; Ezekiel 45:18), Hebrews 9:2 [here Rec.st reads ἅγια]; ἅγια ἁγίων [Winer's Grammar, 246 (231), cf. Exodus 29:37; Exodus 30:10, etc.] the most hallowed portion of the temple, 'the holy of holies,' (Exodus 26:33 [cf. Josephus, Antiquities 3, 6, 4]), Hebrews 9:3, in reference to which the simple τὰ ἅγια is also used: Hebrews 9:8, 25; Hebrews 10:19; Hebrews 13:11; figuratively of heaven, Hebrews 8:2; Hebrews 9:8, 12; Hebrews 10:19; ἅγια πόλις Jerusalem, on account of the temple there, Matthew 4:5; Matthew 27:53; Revelation 11:2; Revelation 21:2; Revelation 22:19 (Isaiah 48:2; Nehemiah 11:1, 18 [Complutensian LXX], etc.); τὸ ὄρος τὸ ἅγιον, because Christ's transfiguration occurred there, 2 Peter 1:18; ἡ (θεοῦ) ἁγία διαθήκη i. e. which is the more sacred because made by God himself, Luke 1:72; τὸ ἅγιον, that worshipful offspring of divine power, Luke 1:35; the blessing of the gospel, Matthew 7:6; ἁγιωτάτη πίστις, faith (quae creditur i. e. the object of faith) which came from God and is therefore to be heeded most sacredly, Jude 1:20; in the same sense ἁγία ἐντολή, 2 Peter 2:21; κλῆσις ἁγία, because it is the invitation of God and claims us as his, 2 Timothy 1:9; ἅγιαι γραφαί (τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια, 1 Macc. 12:9), which came from God and contain his Words, Romans 1:2.
b. of persons whose services God employs; as for example, apostles, Ephesians 3:5; angels, 1 Thessalonians 3:13; Matthew 25:31 [Rec.]; Revelation 14:10; Jude 1:14; prophets, Acts 3:21; Luke 1:70 (Wis. 11:1); (οἱ) ἅγιοι (τοῦ) θεοῦ ἄνθρωποι, 2 Peter 1:21 [R G L Tr text]; worthies of the O. T. accepted by God for their piety, Matthew 27:52; 1 Peter 3:5.
Powerful Ziggy

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Or is it,

....and no mention of the Holy Spirit Titus?
4 ways the Holy Spirit reveals truth to you and me.png

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello saint of God!
Nice to speak with you,
First time interaction, I believe.

God names his people a new name long ago,
Isaiah 62:2
The gentiles shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory.
You shall be called by a new name,
Which the mouth of the Lord will name.

The Lord will name His children by a new name.

That name is the same name that is the only name by which all are saved!
Acts 4:12
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

This saving name will be given among men.

Now who's name did Peter say we are saved by?
Jesus Christ!

The name Christian is wearing the Name of Jesus Christ.
Right after the very first gospel sermon of Jesus was preached by Peter in Acts chapter 2.
Those who obeyed the gospel who were saved by the Savior Jesus were called Christians!

Acts 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

There it is friend! When those Jews were converted to Christ through obeying His gospel,
God named His people by a new name, and that name they wore was CHRISTian!

To not wear the only name under heaven that saves is to be ashamed to be named after your Saviour.

It is false that Christian was given to Jesus' disciples by those who opposed the way, only as a derogatory label.
It is God who named His people after Christ Jesus!

Status
Not open for further replies.