Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not my argument...I am not disputing that the unsaved started calling Jesus' followers Christians...I am asking where did God call you to be a Christian. Is that so hard to understand?... The Jews called Jesus a blasphemer should they call you a blasphemer also? They told Jesus he had a devil. Should people say you have a devil also?
Luke 11:18
If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.
Jn 8 :48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
Try to answer the question before you make comments.

Mat 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
Mat 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

:D

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Rita. If the Amazon link is a violation, would just saying the book author and title be acceptable?
Leave it there for now, if it’s not allowed we can edit the post. Sadly no other mods are on at the moment and it’s getting evening time here in the U.K. …..thanks for checking with us x
Rita

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes it did, back then Jesus' disciples were considered a breakaway Jewish cult that worshipped Jesus a dead man. Why do you think Paul was in prison? The disciples of Jesus were mocked, stoned, thrown in prison, and also killed. The name was not given in honor of Jesus a man who was crucified. People who were crucified were stripped of their honor.
im pretty sure the term “Christian” to Agrippa meant more a like a Jew who sought the restoration of the Jewish monarchy

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Are you not a Christian but preferred to be called saint?
View attachment 21528
God did not call me to be a Christian...I am a saint and you want to call me a Christian...Rom 8
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
The passage does not say ...because he maketh intercession for the Christian it says SAINTS.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
im pretty sure the term “Christian” to Agrippa meant more a like a Jew who sought the restoration of the Jewish monarchy
Lol you are funny, the Romans had not too long ago killed Jesus the Christ, king of the Jews in the most humiliating way. So how could Agrippa be thinking about a restoration of the Jewish monarchy? You are grasping at straws...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God did not call me to be a Christian...I am a saint and you want to call me a Christian...Rom 8
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
The passage does not say ...because he maketh intercession for the Christian it says SAINTS.
What is a saint?
Blessings
J.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot post to the Christian sections...But what difference does it make? You cannot answer the question here so you wouldn't be able to answer it there.

so why cant you post there???
Oh i can answer the question, but you wont like it so im just gonna not say anything. And also, i cant post in the christian section so thats why i hang out here. Either way, your theology is rather terrible and you’re the hypocrite coming here to talk about division, yet you’re the only one i see causing it in this section.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
so why cant you post there???
Oh i can answer the question, but you wont like it so im just gonna not say anything. And also, i cant post in the christian section so thats why i hang out here. Either way, your theology is rather terrible and you’re the hypocrite coming here to talk about division, yet you’re the only one i see causing it in this section.
One must register as a Christian to post there.
You cannot answer the question, if you could have you would have. How am I causing division? I haven't started a new denomination have I, in fact, I am teaching what the apostles wrote.
You are calling me a hypocrite because your ignorance has been exposed...

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must register as a Christian to post there.
You cannot answer the question, if you could have you would have. How am I causing division? I haven't started a new denomination have I, in fact, I am teaching what the apostles wrote.
You are calling me a hypocrite because your ignorance has been exposed...

dont mess with the bull, son. You might get the horns.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Give me a definition of a saint according to the bible
Blessings
J.
I already did...The epistles were addressed to the saints...if you are not a saint then you are an imposter...
Romans 1:7
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
2 Corinthians 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I already did...The epistles were addressed to the saints...if you are not a saint then you are an imposter...
Romans 1:7
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
2 Corinthians 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
No, no, I said give me a definition of what constitutes a saint..you need to look it up, and now I know you do not have a "clue" of what a saint really is
Blessings
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was happy to see another forum where the Word of God is the main focus but after I was registered and began to search through the website I was amazed to see Christians only forums. Christianity is an example of what Paul spoke against in 1 Cor 1
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The thing that is called Christianity is not what the gospel is about. Christianity is a community of divided groups fighting against each other. Is Christ divided? Why is every Christian denomination teaching a different doctrine? According to the scripture, the thing that is called Christianity is not of Christ because Christianity promotes division.
It is amazing to see the lack of simple understanding being exercised by the leaders of these groups.
How can Christianity be teaching the truth when there are hundreds of sects that teach different doctrines? Each of them says that their denomination teaches the truth, so the others must be teaching falsely.
So give us the aleithia, what is justification, sanctification, redemption, salvation and what is γεννηθῇ
Part of Speech: Verb
Tense: Aorist
Voice: Passive
Mood: Subjunctive
Person: third [he/she/it]
Number: Singular
ἄνωθεν
Adverb...in case you do not know, born again...Jesus said you must/dei be born again...so how does a sinner get born again?
Blessings
Johann

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Lol you are funny, the Romans had not too long ago killed Jesus the Christ, king of the Jews in the most humiliating way. So how could Agrippa be thinking about a restoration of the Jewish monarchy? You are grasping at straws...
the point being that the term “Christian” already existed, and had a meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.