Where is hell? Where is heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While it should most certainly concern us regarding our ultimate destiny, I think it also important to understand the true Bible doctrine regarding the state of the dead currently. All around us we have demonic forces teaching mankind through various agencies such as Hollywood and education, that it is possible and even advantageous to communicate with the dead in order to gain insight and wisdom as to how we should live, what the future holds, etc etc. Even Political leaders have resorted to such things as necromancy, tarot card readings, and the stars in order to know how to govern. Even the more conservative Christian leaders such as Ronald Reagan was not immune to such things. Spiritualism in a myriad of forms is now pervading society more so today than at any time in earths history perhaps with the exception of the time of the flood and Jesus's incarnation. Television, movies, entertainment (an appropriate word..enter...contain) are rife with occult teachings regarding spiritual forces and the dead who may and can be used to live what we believe are fuller more complete contented lives. And the whole charade is built on the lie that the dead are conscious entities who can and do communicate with man.
The belief that there are people now in heaven, or in hell, wherever those places may be, conscious and having cognitive awareness and knowledge of our current state of living and even our very thoughts, destroys whatever Biblical basis we have in combating the current spiritualistic deceptions that pervade society.
At to where heaven and hell are? Hell in the present tense is simply the grave. Hell-fire is another time and place altogether. Heaven is the current abode of God, the angels, and a few select individuals that scripture informs us were raised from the dead and given the massive privilege of entering eternity before us...eg Enoch, Elijah, Moses. And un-named group who were raised at the time of Christ's resurrection as first fruits. The rest of humanity have to sleep until the resurrection with the exception of those living at the time of the second coming. But we already know this from scripture...at least those who are willing to believe scripture.
But when confronted with a vision of a past (or passed) relative, dignitary, Bible hero, because scripture plainly declares that "there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither thou goest" we can then know for a certainty with full assurance of faith without doubting, that such a vision is a deception and a lie of Satan which may be rebuked and cast down as the deception it truly is without any fear of mistakenly abusing a real person or grandma or even Mary. They are demons...every time. A true angel of God may appear as has happened frequently throughout history...such a visit may be expected and even welcomed, but such a visit will come with affirmation of their integrity and godliness. Scripture tells us to challenge all such visitations if there is any doubt or fear. We cannot do that if at the back of our mind we think that maybe, just maybe, this is grandad, or uncle Bernard or aunty Molly...I don't want to offend them so I'll hear them out and see what comes of it...big mistake.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then when there is no more time, what happens to "for ever"?
It becomes eternal. All the others are obvious by their context. The smoke of their torment going up forever is in the context of eternity.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It becomes eternal. All the others are obvious by their context. The smoke of their torment going up forever is in the context of eternity.
If you cannot see it, I won't argue the point as only God gives any real increase to you or to me...

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

:eek: Do you REALLY wanna know?

:) Doesn't matter to any of you gentiles where it is, since ain't none of yall going there anyway.
"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the place people we see are in now without God is not a hell? David chose rather to suffer at the hands of God than at the hands of men. Is that a strange thing?

"So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days' pestilence in thy land? now advise, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me.
And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man." II Sam 24:13-14
Amadeus , remember this . In this life often the evil and the wicked do prosper .
Its the lambs that often suffer at the hands of men .
Just like the rich man and lazarous . Believe you me , this world can get real rough
but it has no depths of suffering as does the lake of fire .
Now allow me to PRAISE GOD for a second . OH PRAISE GOD for your mercy on this hog who earned a seat in the lake of fire .
OH PRAISE JESUS . OH I say PRAISE JESUS . Now my end shall be good . Let us continue in the FAITH to the very end .
THE HOPE we have in JESUS .
But believe me , the wicked often prosper in this life , often have it easy , as the psalmist once said .
He was even envious at the wicked and how they seem to prosper in this life ,
OH but then he went into the tabernacle of GOD and saw THEIR END . OH its real my friend and it awaits all who reject JESUS .

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus , remember this . In this life often the evil and the wicked do prosper .
Its the lambs that often suffer at the hands of men .
Just like the rich man and lazarous . Believe you me , this world can get real rough
but it has no depths of suffering as does the lake of fire .
Now allow me to PRAISE GOD for a second . OH PRAISE GOD for your mercy on this hog who earned a seat in the lake of fire .
OH PRAISE JESUS . OH I say PRAISE JESUS . Now my end shall be good . Let us continue in the FAITH to the very end .
THE HOPE we have in JESUS .
But believe me , the wicked often prosper in this life , often have it easy , as the psalmist once said .
He was even envious at the wicked and how they seem to prosper in this life ,
OH but then he went into the tabernacle of GOD and saw THEIR END . OH its real my friend and it awaits all who reject JESUS .
My friend you are one of those I really like here on this forum. It goes to show that doctrines don't tell the whole story. What happens down the road, that is after my physical demise, is directly in accord with what I do, or do not do, here with what God has provided to me. As Jesus put it, "much is given... much is required", so I strive to follow, obey and surrender to Him using what He provides. For the sake of others as on this thread I sometimes discuss my own views on what happens in a hereafter, but my focus now and always is on today.

Tomorrow may never come for me. Give God the glory now! If there is a tomorrow, it will then be today and again my focal point in time. What happens to unbelievers, or backsliders who complete their allotted time without God is my concern for I would like to help them, but not for me... for them and for Him.

Personally I plan to be with Him to the very end of my road in any case.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5

:) You're assuming I'm "judging" anyone. I ain't, I just understand what revelation actually says about end times events better than most. Heaven is off limits. Hell on the other hand....well.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) You're assuming I'm "judging" anyone. I ain't, I just understand what revelation actually says about end times events better than most. Heaven is off limits. Hell on the other hand....well.
Perhaps you would explain what you understand then that made you say what you did about all of us gentiles. That sounded like a general condemnation to me. Was I wrong? I certainly have been wrong a whole lot of times in the past.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as there are Three Heavens, there are also Three Hells.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you would explain what you understand then that made you say what you did about all of us gentiles. That sounded like a general condemnation to me. Was I wrong? I certainly have been wrong a whole lot of times in the past.

Well, people can quote a sentence from other books about the end times all they wish. I guarantee you that 90% of them didn't bother trying to read revelation to any meaningful degree. While one cannot begin to understand revelation without a decent understanding of what the old testament propjets had to say, revelation is still a whole different ball game when it comes to how it describes the end times. Its not nearly as simple as people try to make it out to be. Its not cut and dry at all on who goes to heaven, and when they go to heaven. It describes a pre-seven trumpet rapture, as well as a pre seven vial judgment rapture. Even the timing of the Day of the Lord is completely different than when Jesus said it'd occur. And the last trumpet has nothing at all to do with the Day of the Lord in revelation.

I explained this before long ago, and it of course went on deaf ears. Most people will choose to believe what they want until God soon starts really laying the smackdown on all those nations in which his people were led into captivity, as Jesus said would happen. They are going to be in for the most rude awakening you can possibly imagine, especially these "pre-trib" rapture believers, these people that believe God is just going to overlook all the transgressions they have done in Gods name and whisk them out of the way from this beatdown they got coming to them. They are going to get double the punishment God gave his chosen few, and you can quote prophets like Jeremiah on that one.

Reactions: amadeus

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Considering that God and Christ are foremost in my life 24/7 you cannot understand what you are saying here.
He usually doesn't whenever he rants like that. He doesn't realize, despite me telling him several times, his opinion is not tantamount to God's!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then you do not believe God and Christ. You might as well fold up your tent.
No Enoch, for the upteenth time, he does not believe in your opinion. But he is trying, like all the rest of us more unpresumptuous exegetes, to understand God's position on these rather profound and controversial issues.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi @amadeus , my position is that hell is real, and it is eternal. but, the torment is not physical, for God does not punish crimes of the heart with corporeal infliction. I equate the lake of fire, or rather, the concept of an unextinguished fire and torment, with that of Paul's analogy of treating evil with kindness '...it's akin to placing burning coals on their head...' (Romans 12:20). When the Day of Judgment arrives and the unrepentant realize what they missed that was so graciously offered to them, the frustration, guilt and self-condemnation that will invariably ensue, will be tantamount or entirely analogous, to the sensation of constant burning in their minds - weeping and gnashing of teeth.

In other words, they will be punishing themselves! And God will not be, sadistically, stoking a fire beneath their feet day and night for eternity. All that they needed to do was say 'sorry' and 'thank-you' (repentance and grace), in order to be part of Christ's Kingdom, but they remained defiant. Thus, their consciences will be burning perpetually, and this, by their own volition due to their ostracization from what could've been, their Saviour's Kingdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renniks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Metaphorical hells and heavens are not a substitute for the actual places which God has created. Heaven is the third heaven, in which Paradise and the Heavenly Sanctuary are located, along with the thrones of God and Christ. All the saints who have passed on are now in Heaven, beginning with Abel. See Hebrews 12.

The Lake of Fire is a literal lake of fire located in Outer Darkness (outside space, which is finite). It will be occupied later.
you do have an imaginative ideas Enoch.....but hardly according to holy inspiration!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @amadeus , my position is that hell is real, and it is eternal. but, the torment is not physical, for God does not punish crimes of the heart with corporeal infliction. I equate the lake of fire, or rather, the concept of an unextinguished fire and torment, with that of Paul's analogy of treating evil with kindness '...it's akin to placing burning coals on their head...' (Romans 12:20). When the Day of Judgment arrives and the unrepentant realize what they missed that was so graciously offered to them, the frustration, guilt and self-condemnation that will invariably ensue, will be tantamount or entirely analogous, to the sensation of constant burning in their minds - weeping and gnashing of teeth.

In other words, they will be punishing themselves! And God will not be, sadistically, stoking a fire beneath their feet day and night for eternity. All that they needed to do was say 'sorry' and 'thank-you' (repentance and grace), in order to be part of Christ's Kingdom, but they remained defiant. Thus, their consciences will be burning perpetually, and this, by their own volition due to their ostracization from what could've been, their Saviour's Kingdom.

you do have an imaginative ideas Enoch.....but hardly according to holy inspiration!
It's amazing how the imagination can compromise biblical integrity in order to justify preconceived opinions.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's amazing how the imagination can compromise biblical integrity in order to justify preconceived opinions.
Well then you tell me who is going to cover the cost of the monthly gas bill, when it requires that billions of people are tormented with fire throughout eternity? And don't say that it will be natural fire as in the incineration of wood from trees - do you have any idea of the carcinogens that are released during wood burning?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well then you tell me who is going to cover the cost of the monthly gas bill, when it requires that billions of people are tormented with fire throughout eternity? And don't say that it will be natural fire as in the incineration of wood from trees - do you have any idea of the carcinogens that are released during wood burning?
I would say that simple physics answers that. When the fuel (bodies) runs out, so will the fire. See? Simple.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is hell? Where is heaven?
OP ^

Man ON Earth.
Heaven UP.
Hell Down IN the Earth.

Matt 14
[
19] And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

Luke 10
[
15] And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

Last edited: