Where is the reformation in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where is the reformation in the Bible?
Without rebirth there is no reformation.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't mean baptism. Rebirth has to do with the renewing of a person's paradigm.

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible say priests/clergy should be celibate?

NOTE: Peter was married.
Hi Hemlock,

Did you know that there are married Catholic priest and there is no expectation for them to be celibate?

Mary

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
there is only one s only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
Thankyou for trying my patience. Where does it say in the Bible that HIS church is the catholic church?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Hemlock,

Did you know that there are married Catholic priest and there is no expectation for them to be celibate?

Mary
Glad to see you back, Marymog. I hope you stay.

Luke 4:39 And he stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her, and immediately she rose and began to serve them.

It is the duty of the wife of Peter to serve guests, not his mother-in-law. That contradicts Jewish custom. I contend that Peter's wife at this time was dead. Peter having a wife does not disprove the celibacy of Jesus and Paul and countless saints down through the centuries.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankyou for trying my patience. Where does it say in the Bible that HIS church is the catholic church?
That's EASY . . .

First - YOU show me where ANY of the Protestant denominations are found on the pages of the NT.
Oh, you can't?

Okay - then show me where ANY of them are listed in the writings of the Early Church.
Oh, you can't?

Acts 9:31 talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region. The language used here describes the Catholic Church:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance which is used by Protestants AND Catholics alike – the verse is translated as:
“The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"Kata-holos"
= CATHOLIC.

We read about this "Catholic Church" from the wirings of the FIRST century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch- a student of the Apostle John, who was ordained by Peter:
Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

An we read about this "Catholic Church" all the way up through history to the present day - with an UNBROKEN line of Apostolic succession.
NO Protestant sect can make this claim.

YOUR turn . . .

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By what authority did the pretend to reform the church founded by God, and doctrine revealed by God?

Only the apostles have authority from Christ and the so called reformers were not apostles or successors of the apostles

The Reformation is called Sardis in Revelation 3:1-6

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Kingdom

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the holy Catholic Church

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing about reformation

It is the church age that follows Thyatira, the Romans Catholic and Orthodox church. I doubt you would have been taught this. The first doctrines out of the Reformation is interesting to note that Jesus said, you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. But also during that age Jesus noted that there was also holiness. I see this as at the beginning you have doctrines from Martin Luther and John Calvin, but later John Wesley taught holiness.

All the seven church ages fit, in order, what we now see as church history. These were prophecies, in a book of prophecies. We are in the last church age, but the last four church ages overlap to the end.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the church age that follows Thyatira, the Romans Catholic and Orthodox church. I doubt you would have been taught this. The first doctrines out of the Reformation is interesting to note that Jesus said, you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. But also during that age Jesus noted that there was also holiness. I see this as at the beginning you have doctrines from Martin Luther and John Calvin, but later John Wesley taught holiness.

All the seven church ages fit, in order, what we now see as church history. These were prophecies, in a book of prophecies.

Does not say ages? There is only one church Jn 10:16 His kingdom dan 2:44 and its eternal, no end Lk 1:32-33

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Kingdom

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the holy Catholic Church

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Do you know what, I have three university degrees so it is obvious that I can read and write but for the life of me I cannot see a single word that says catholic in any of the scriptures you have quoted.

Therefore I have to assume that you see what is not there and what you say is not there, is it a figment of your imagination.

I read in the newspaper the other day that some Cardinal has ripped of the catholic church to the tune of millions. No wonder they wanted to get rid of Cardinal Pell. He was a fly in the ointment to the thieving cardinals.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what, I have three university degrees so it is obvious that I can read and write but for the life of me I cannot see a single word that says catholic in any of the scriptures you have quoted.

Therefore I have to assume that you see what is not there and what you say is not there, is it a figment of your imagination.

I read in the newspaper the other day that some Cardinal has ripped of the catholic church to the tune of millions. No wonder they wanted to get rid of Cardinal Pell. He was a fly in the ointment to the thieving cardinals.

thats the counterfeit apostate church began with so called good pope John and the Vatican council 2

catholic
From the Greek for universal
All people
Whole world
Etc.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does not say ages? There is only one church Jn 10:16 His kingdom dan 2:44 and its eternal, no end Lk 1:32-33

No it doesn't. But prophecies can be "three-fold." I don't blame you for not knowing that. But it is why you can't discern the warnings to the RCC in the church age to Thyatira.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All the seven church ages fit, in order, what we now see as church history. These were prophecies, in a book of prophecies. We are in the last church age, but the last four church ages overlap to the end.
Good grief . . .

The 7 churches of Revelation are all the SAME Church - in 7 different locations. What's more - they are ALL in Asia Minor (Turkey).
They ALL represent the ONE Catholic Church - they are NOT what you would call "denominations". Today, we refer to them as Dioceses and Parishes.

And NOWHERE in Scripture does God condone the breaking away from the Body of Christ to form NEW "Bodies", based on the singular interpretations of mere men. In fact - Scripture warns us NOT to break into factions (1 Cor. 3:1-9). Jesus prayed that HIS Body remain united as ONE, as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church or church age started with Christ and is eternal Lk 1:32-33