Who’s interpretation is true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
hmm, the fear of God is the beginning of knowledge, ya. There is no fear in Logos though, i guess
The Rhema of God is the breath of God.
Jesus is the breath of God when God spoke the Son created. The Word.
No fear in Logos. No fear in God. Fear is respect. If we respect God, we gain knowledge --- just by listening to Him and following His laws.
It makes our life so much better.

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is simply an old name for coffee. Some people cannot think or work or even move properly without a jump start from a bit of "Joe". Maybe some people even talk to Joe and get a response.
Oooo thank you for the interpretation amadeus. It must be an American terminology :D

Reactions: GodsGrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we go,
treating God like a human.

OK.
A good mother will feed and clothe all her children and show the same love to all of them.
She will teach each one the same wise sayings and help them to grow up smart and kind.

But each one is an individual and may need something done a little differently. But the basics will be the same.
Yes, that is a good mother, but how many do you know? We know who the good Father is and most of us would agree on it, but the mother is the Church, but many [most or even all?] of those calling themselves churches do not do so well in feeding and clothing their children and loving them equally...

Is perhaps the reason why some believers are so unwilling to join and support without reservation any of the established organized [or even unorganized] groups calling themselves churches under a multitude of names.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oooo thank you for the interpretation amadeus. It must be an American terminology :D
It is, but methinks that another meaning may have been intended here. Sometimes we need help understanding each other even when we are all supposedly speaking the "King's" English.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learned that the interpretation I hear for the time, is relevant and accurate for that time, for me, in that situation. I have never bought into the idea that Biblical words mean only one possible thing, for all time, under every circumstance... and thus elicit only one reaction or response from me.
Why Willie, Ive never known you to speak anything but the truth.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, that is a good mother, but how many do you know? We know who the good Father is and most of us would agree on it, but the mother is the Church, but many [most or even all?] of those calling themselves churches do not do so well in feeding and clothing their children and loving them equally...

Is perhaps the reason why some believers are so unwilling to join and support without reservation any of the established organized [or even unorganized] groups calling themselves churches under a multitude of names.
Couldn't agree more.
Churches are NOT like the church was in the early days of Christianity.
The govt helps us more these days than the church. It's unfortunate...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.
The church is becoming gnostic again.
Early Christians did all you say except the baptizing. They baptized adults until Augustine. (about 400)
Christianity started going askew in the late 300's, early 400's.
When I say the early Christians, I mean the first couple of generations, maybe till the year 300 or so.
Hi GG,

I know this is a conversation between you and bbyrd, however, if you care to engage with me I have a question.

What exactly happened in the late 300's, early 400's that went askew with Christianity?

Also, if you are suggesting that infant/child baptism became popular around Augustine's time you should know that Cyprian of Carthage wrote a letter in 253AD DEFENDING infant baptism which means it was a common practice in the early church 150 years BEFORE Augustine.

IHS...Mary

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
pretty sure that is Pneuma, and Rhema descends from Logos/Pneuma
The Word, or Jesus, is the word of God.
God "breathed" what He wanted to say, and Jesus created. Everything was made by Jesus.

I looked this up on the net right now...

Question: "What is the rhema word?"

Answer:
There are two primary Greek words that describe Scripture which are translated “word” in the New Testament. The first, logos, refers principally to the total inspired Word of God and to Jesus, who is the living Word. Logos is found in John 1:1; Luke 8:11; Philippians 2:16; Hebrews 4:12; and other verses. The second Greek word translated “word” is rhema, which refers to the spoken word. Rhema literally means an utterance (individually, collectively or specifically). Examples are found in Luke 1:38; 3:2; 5:5; and Acts 11:16.

You're right--it's the Word of God.
Jesus is the Word.
Which is how we know He was existing from always. He had no beginning.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That is familiar, but not from the time I was in Viet Nam and I was a radio operator/ repairman.
It's a movie with Robin Williams. He was a radio announcer of music, a DJ in Vietnam and began his program with: Good Morning Vietnam.

Good-Morning-Vietnam-robin-williams-25340582-1604-2356.jpg

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
pretty sure that is Pneuma, and Rhema descends from Logos/Pneuma
While I was at it, I looked up Pneuma:

Pneuma (πνεῦμα) is an ancient Greek word for "breath", and in a religious context for "spirit" or "soul".[1][2] It has various technical meanings for medical writers and philosophers of classical antiquity, particularly in regard to physiology, and is also used in Greek translations of the Hebrew Bible and in the Greek New Testament. In classical philosophy, it is distinguishable from psyche (ψυχή), which originally meant "breath of life", but is regularly translated as "spirit" or most often "soul".[3]

My bad.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Word, or Jesus, is the word of God.
God "breathed" what He wanted to say, and Jesus created. Everything was made by Jesus.

I looked this up on the net right now...

Question: "What is the rhema word?"

Answer: There are two primary Greek words that describe Scripture which are translated “word” in the New Testament. The first, logos, refers principally to the total inspired Word of God and to Jesus, who is the living Word. Logos is found in John 1:1; Luke 8:11; Philippians 2:16; Hebrews 4:12; and other verses. The second Greek word translated “word” is rhema, which refers to the spoken word. Rhema literally means an utterance (individually, collectively or specifically). Examples are found in Luke 1:38; 3:2; 5:5; and Acts 11:16.

You're right--it's the Word of God.
Jesus is the Word.
Which is how we know He was existing from always. He had no beginning.
i understand Rhema as "words," descended from Pneuma, Word. Rhema can be scribed; Pneuma cannot. One might read Rhema their whole lives, and never find Pneuma. Or translated, one can read the Bible their whole life, and never find Christ, as well.